PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If only we could transplant Dayton Moore's brain into Clark Hunt's head...

T-post Tom
10-05-2008, 08:08 PM
“That’s it. We’re at a point now where you will never, ever hear me say again that we have young players who are improving. You will never, ever hear me say again that we are rebuilding. That stuff is over. I’m sick of all that... There are no more excuses. "
~Dayton Moore

Deberg_1990
10-05-2008, 08:14 PM
What has Dayton Moore ever done??

ChiefsCountry
10-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Chiefs are in year #1 of a true rebuild, the Royals have been in it a little longer and the new Kauffman Stadiums renovations open this year. They have a little more pressure than the Chiefs.

T-post Tom
10-05-2008, 08:20 PM
What has Dayton Moore ever done??

Hmmm...he was part of a little club down in Atlanta from '94 to '05. You may have heard of them as they did enjoy a little success while he was part of the club. The Atlanta Braves?

chiefs1111
10-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Hmmm...he was part of a little club down in Atlanta from '94 to '05. You may have heard of them as they did enjoy a little success while he was part of the club. The Atlanta Braves?

Maybe we can hire him for the Chiefs then??????? At leats his team was always in the playoff's year in and year out.........

Deberg_1990
10-05-2008, 08:23 PM

Ok, i should have said "What has Moore ever done has head of the Royals?"

cdcox
10-05-2008, 08:25 PM
If we could transplant Clark Hunt's financial holdings into my possession I would devote at least 60 hours every week to making the Chiefs a great football team. And Chiefs Planet would be my brain trust. This would work.

T-post Tom
10-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Ok, i should have said "What has Moore ever done has head of the Royals?"

Ever read the local sports page? The Royals organization is so much better than when he took the helm. Scouting, Latin America, minor league, etc. So far it's only translated moderately to the big league level. But look what he inherited. There's been some hits and misses personnel wise, but they're getting better on one of the lowest payrolls in baseball.

You have to have a desire to win in professional sports. Moore shows it, Hunt doesn't. Maybe that'll change next year. Maybe Hunt will NOT be one of the lowest payrolls in the NFL. Maybe he will find a GM and coaches that have proven the ability to win over the last 10 years. Maybe he will. I really hope so.

ChiefsCountry
10-05-2008, 08:38 PM
The stupidity of the Planet never amazes me. The Chiefs for the first time in forever are actually building this right way and get blasted for it.

T-post Tom
10-05-2008, 08:41 PM
The stupidity of the Planet never amazes me. The Chiefs for the first time in forever are actually building this right way and get blasted for it.

The only stupidity is coming from your keyboard. You have to supplement the youth with some GOOD experienced players. Hunt's sitting on $34M that could have been used to help this team out. It's called 'balance.'

ChiefsCountry
10-05-2008, 08:45 PM
The only stupidity is coming from your keyboard. You have to supplement the youth with some GOOD experienced players. Hunt's sitting on $34M that could have been used to help this team out. It's called 'balance.'

This isnt a one year rebuild job. They cut a ton of worthless fat off the payroll this year and those who spend in free agency normally get burned. Packers, Eagles, Colts etc rarely use it and their payrolls arent much more than ours. Chiefs are on the right path, the goal isnt to win this year. Its to be a Super Bowl champ for many years to come.

Bob Dole
10-05-2008, 08:50 PM

"Building" includes more than just drafting people and throwing them out on the field.

T-post Tom
10-05-2008, 08:50 PM
This isnt a one year rebuild job. They cut a ton of worthless fat off the payroll this year and those who spend in free agency normally get burned. Packers, Eagles, Colts etc rarely use it and their payrolls arent much more than ours. Chiefs are on the right path, the goal isnt to win this year. Its to be a Super Bowl champ for many years to come.

You saw the game today, right? So you think that the young players that have started since Herm got here looked better today? Did this team look improved to you? They had the off-season OTA's, training camp, preseason, and four games prior to today. Did they really look 'improved' today? Honestly?

T-post Tom
10-05-2008, 09:05 PM
They cut a ton of worthless fat off the payroll this year and those who spend in free agency normally get burned. Packers, Eagles, Colts etc rarely use it and their payrolls arent much more than ours.

WTF? Well I guess the Pack just dumped Favre's huge salary, but really! Get your facts straight, bro.

Kansas City Chiefs $36.57 million
Green Bay Packers $32.08 million
Philadelphia Eagles $18.39 million
Indianapolis Colts $8.47 million