PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto Deep cleaning your car

Bowser
10-06-2008, 11:46 AM
What is the best way to remove smells from a car, specifically rotten milk. I had a half gallon blow up in the trunk, and the stuff seeped down everywhere. I cleaned it as good as I could, but it still stinks to high hell. Anything I can do myself without taking the car to get deep steam cleaned? Killing it with fire isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Brock
10-06-2008, 11:48 AM
If it's in the trunk, you should be able to clear out the trunk down to bare metal and hose it out.

DeezNutz
10-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Seinfeld has done extensive research on this problem. Unfortunately, you'll have to give the car away.

Bowser
10-06-2008, 11:54 AM
If it's in the trunk, you should be able to clear out the trunk down to bare metal and hose it out.

Down in the well where the spare is, there is some padding that's been super glued down, and won't come off. I've gotten in there and 409'd everything as good as I could, but it still stinks like rotten milk/feet. I'm afraid it's seeped down into crevasses I can't find. It actually stinks more in the passenger part than the trunk.

Bowser
10-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Seinfeld has done extensive research on this problem. Unfortunately, you'll have to give the car away.

It's not a BMW. Heh.

Coach
10-06-2008, 11:55 AM
You know, if you haven't left the body in the trunk for more than a day, it wouldn't stink like hell.

Just sayin....

Demonpenz
10-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Not surprising it was white milk. Friggin racist

Brock
10-06-2008, 11:59 AM
The only other think I can think of is to put baking soda in the car.

Bowser
10-06-2008, 12:04 PM
You know, if you haven't left the body in the trunk for more than a day, it wouldn't stink like hell.

Just sayin....

Sometimes my mind wanders and I just forget stuff.

Bowser
10-06-2008, 12:05 PM
The only other think I can think of is to put baking soda in the car.

Yeah, I'm on that. I've also learned that vinegar in a bowl with a slice of white bread will kill the smell, as well. We'll see.

JimNasium
10-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Anti-freeze? Febreze?

chiefs1okie
10-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Go to O'Reilly's, Auto Zone, etc. etc.... buy a couple cans of Total Release odor eliminator or the equivalent. Put one in the trunk with the decklid closed and another in the car with the windows up and A/C turned on. These are foggers that eliminate smoke, pet, and other odors pretty effectively. Run with the A/C because it will permeate the vents and eliminate odors throughout your cooling system as well. If the majority of the smell is eliminated in the trunk, but not quite all gone I would recommend another application the following day. After two applications the odor should be gone from the trunk, one should be enough for the passenger compartment.

Phobia
10-06-2008, 12:15 PM
One time I accidentally hit a Jehovahs Witness and his bike. I had to put him in the trunk and then chased his friend down. I didn't get in trouble or anything. Most people were just glad I extended the life expectancy of their doorbells.

OnTheWarpath15
10-06-2008, 12:17 PM
I guess setting the car on fire and collecting the insurance isn't an option?

It eliminates the smell, and gets you a new car in the process.

Win-win.

Bowser
10-06-2008, 12:18 PM
One time I accidentally hit a Jehovahs Witness and his bike. I had to put him in the trunk and then chased his friend down. I didn't get in trouble or anything. Most people were just glad I extended the life expectancy of their doorbells.

You need to visit my neighborhood more often. Witnesses, thugs, crackheads - it's like a real life GTA IV around here, especially when the ho's scream "SHEEEEEET!" when you near miss them with your car.

Bowser
10-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Go to O'Reilly's, Auto Zone, etc. etc.... buy a couple cans of Total Release odor eliminator or the equivalent. Put one in the trunk with the decklid closed and another in the car with the windows up and A/C turned on. These are foggers that eliminate smoke, pet, and other odors pretty effectively. Run with the A/C because it will permeate the vents and eliminate odors throughout your cooling system as well. If the majority of the smell is eliminated in the trunk, but not quite all gone I would recommend another application the following day. After two applications the odor should be gone from the trunk, one should be enough for the passenger compartment.

I will give this a try. Thanks.

Bowser
10-06-2008, 12:21 PM
I guess setting the car on fire and collecting the insurance isn't an option?

It eliminates the smell, and gets you a new car in the process.

Win-win.

Watch for me on the news tonight.

Hammock Parties
10-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Kill yourself.

Bowser
10-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Kill yourself.

Well, I wouldn't smell the car anymore.

Phobia
10-06-2008, 12:39 PM
You need to visit my neighborhood more often. Witnesses, thugs, crackheads - it's like a real life GTA IV around here, especially when the ho's scream "SHEEEEEET!" when you near miss them with your car.
No thanks. Entrails are really tough scrubbing out of a grill.

HemiEd
10-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Febreze?
Best ever for taking the smoke smell out of a car, never had to deal with spilt milk though.

JuicesFlowing
10-06-2008, 01:09 PM
I highly recommend putting the corpse of a rotting skunk in your trunk. The milk smell will be gone instantly.

HemiEd
10-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Tacos with a baked bean side dish. roll the windows up and wait!!!!!!

KCCHIEFS27
10-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Open bag of charcoal..helps get rid of smells and can still be used for grilling.
Or I know some truck drivers use coffee grounds in there trailers..

Bowser
10-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Tacos with a baked bean side dish. roll the windows up and wait!!!!!!

Taking a dump in the car would indeed end the problem of smelling bad milk, but there's a chacne a few more problems would present themselves.

BigRedChief
10-06-2008, 01:49 PM
My son spilled some milk in the upolstery one time. We had to take it to a car wash that does steam cleaning. Don't wait the longer you wait the harder it is to get out.

Cost us about $100.00

chiefs1okie
10-08-2008, 09:35 AM
How did the destinkification go?

MIAdragon
10-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Ive used this to get nasty smells out of cars.

http://www.damprid.dsiwebbuilder.com/index.asp?cat=173072

gblowfish
10-08-2008, 10:34 AM
The open bag of charcoal sounds like an interesting solution. Or just bathe the car in Febreeze...