PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Fins organization knows what they are doing while they rebuild!

chiefsfan1963
10-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Dolphins get a new GM and HC and are in their first year in the rebuilding.

While Herm and CP are in year 3 of rebuilding and anyone can compare the 2 organizations and judge that Fins know what they are doing and Chiefs haven't a clue.

Until CP and the entire FO is fired along with the entire coaching staff we go nowhere even with a decent QB.

ChiefsCountry
10-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Miami in their first year of rebuilding. Ha you show how stupid you are.

chiefsfan1963
10-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Tuna and his HC are in their first year, and IMO any rebuilding done prior to them coming may or may not be effective. They have taken over a football team in shambles and must rebuild. The same goes for any GM and HC that comes to KC. They will need to rebuild as well.

Nightfyre
10-06-2008, 12:43 PM
No obligatory DV cocksucking?

HemiEd
10-06-2008, 12:47 PM
This is about year 5 of their rebuild, but the Tuna is pretty fresh.

ArrowheadHawk
10-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Someone should interview Clark about his team and find out what the fuck he is thinking.

Fish
10-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Retard1963 never disappoints....

sedated
10-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Tuna and his HC are in their first year, and IMO any rebuilding done prior to them coming may or may not be effective. They have taken over a football team in shambles and must rebuild. The same goes for any GM and HC that comes to KC. They will need to rebuild as well.

so if we fire herm and carl after next year, our rebuilding project won't officially start until 2010?

Hootie
10-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Miami isn't really rebuilding...to be honest with you, there should be no such thing as rebuilding in pro football...the best teams reload and win at the same time.

Rebuilding is just a cop out for saying we're going to suck.

chiefsfan1963
10-06-2008, 01:21 PM
so if we fire herm and carl after next year, our rebuilding project won't officially start until 2010?

That's correct. If rebuilding is in progress and you bring in a total new management team, any rebuilding done by prior management may or may not work. Given the incompetence of CP and Herm you can count on most of their rebuilding not working.

I just hope for Chiefs fans sake, Clark doesn't wait one more year.

OnTheWarpath15
10-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Going out and spending freely in FA is rebuilding?

Because that's all the Dolphins have done. And they've basically been forced to do it because they sucked at actually REBUILDING over the past 4 years...

You're kidding yourself if you think the actions of the Dolphins FO over this past offseason puts them any closer to a Championship.

It's a Carl Peterson special. Make some money, put out a mediocre product.

HemiEd
10-06-2008, 01:38 PM

Because that's all the Dolphins have done. And they've basically been forced to do it because they sucked at actually REBUILDING over the past 4 years...

You're kidding yourself if you think the actions of the Dolphins FO over this past offseason puts them any closer to a Championship.

I would rather watch my team beat NE on the road, and SD at home, than lose to Carolina in a blowout shutout. But maybe that is just me.

Molitoth
10-06-2008, 01:45 PM

The Phins realized that thier attempts at rebuilding through just head coaches isn't the answer. Now that they have rebuilt from the TOP>down there seems to actually be a light at the end of the tunnel. TAKE NOTES HUNT, Carl needs axed.

OnTheWarpath15
10-06-2008, 01:49 PM
I would rather watch my team beat NE on the road, and SD at home, than lose to Carolina in a blowout shutout. But maybe that is just me.

In the short term, sure, that's great Ed.

If that's all people in KC want, that's fine. Be competitive 2/3 years and maybe a 1-and-done in the playoffs once and a while? Christ, that's what we HAD for the last 19 years, and people demanded change.

Miami isn't BUILDING anything. You can't possibly think that the moves they've made this past offseason makes them a legit threat, now or in the future. They went out and bought players to be competitive NOW, because their rebuilding efforts over the last decade (basically) have failed, and they need asses in seats.

If people want to compare us to another "rebuilding" team, Atlanta is the way to go.

Though I'd argue that they had more talent to begin with, because they started the process several years before us.

Chiefnj2
10-06-2008, 01:50 PM

What does Parcells know about getting teams to the Super Bowl.

Brock
10-06-2008, 01:53 PM

Lately, not much.

OnTheWarpath15
10-06-2008, 01:58 PM
The Phins realized that thier attempts at rebuilding through just head coaches isn't the answer. Now that they have rebuilt from the TOP>down there seems to actually be a light at the end of the tunnel. TAKE NOTES HUNT, Carl needs axed.

What makes you think there is a "light at the end of the tunnel" for the Dolphins, they won a few games?

They've drafted precisely ONE difference make in the past 5+ years - Ronnie Brown.

You can't get away with poor drafting and expect coaching/FA to make up the difference - it always catches up with you.

Fans of this franchise should know better than anyone.

OnTheWarpath15
10-06-2008, 02:00 PM

12 years ago just called. They want their accolades back.

Who won that game, anyway?

Wait a second, I have 18 years ago on my call waiting...

Chiefnj2
10-06-2008, 02:07 PM

You've convinced me. Parcells knows nothing about rebuilding or Super Bowls. The Dolphins are worse than Kansas City. Enjoy Herm and Carl and the good ole losers club in KC.

FringeNC
10-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Miami isn't really rebuilding...to be honest with you, there should be no such thing as rebuilding in pro football...the best teams reload and win at the same time.

Rebuilding is just a cop out for saying we're going to suck.

I hate to say it -- but Hootie is correct here. Even with good teams, there is a huge amount of roster turnover.

Midnight_Vulture
10-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Dear Lord I swear we have the DUMBEST fanbase in the NFL.

I totally agree with the thread starter. Miami is building something special. Keep in mind pee brains, that this is the Big Tuna's FIRST year with the Fish.
He got a up and coming coach in Tony Sparano who will be really good. While KC actually gave up draft picks for freakin Herm Edwards. (Yeah, I couldnt make that up if I even tried)

Miami is actually on the way up. They might not do anything special this year but they are already ahead of KC. KC is dogshit and will be dogshit as long as Herm is here.

HemiEd
10-06-2008, 02:09 PM
In the short term, sure, that's great Ed.

If that's all people in KC want, that's fine. Be competitive 2/3 years and maybe a 1-and-done in the playoffs once and a while? Christ, that's what we HAD for the last 19 years, and people demanded change.

Miami isn't BUILDING anything. You can't possibly think that the moves they've made this past offseason makes them a legit threat, now or in the future. They went out and bought players to be competitive NOW, because their rebuilding efforts over the last decade (basically) have failed, and they need asses in seats.

If people want to compare us to another "rebuilding" team, Atlanta is the way to go.

Though I'd argue that they had more talent to begin with, because they started the process several years before us.I don't disagree with your assesment of the situation, or teams one bit. But I am not one of those that screamed for change, I have been consistent on that.

Having gone through the 70s and 80s with this team, I was not ready to put up with what we have seen the last two years. I just wasn't, but it is here, staring us in the face.

I would be much more on board with it, if I had just the slightest confidence in the HC. But I don't. I am worried he is going to spoil all this talent that has been assembled, and they start over. again, and again and again. Already been there, don't like the thought of going through it again.

I like watching my team win, period. Or at least be properly prepared to be competitive.

But hey, I played golf yesterday, and got home in time to check in on the beginning of the second half. Most years, no way would I have missed a play, but there is just too much bad shit going on, that I can't control. I can control this, by not watching it.

Midnight_Vulture
10-06-2008, 02:10 PM
What makes you think there is a "light at the end of the tunnel" for the Dolphins, they won a few games?

They've drafted precisely ONE difference make in the past 5+ years - Ronnie Brown.

Yep, cause Matt Roth and Channing Crowder are complete scrubs on defense.:spock:

Brock
10-06-2008, 02:11 PM
You've convinced me. Parcells knows nothing about rebuilding or Super Bowls. The Dolphins are worse than Kansas City. Enjoy Herm and Carl and the good ole losers club in KC.

Yeah, because those are the only two choices in the entire world of football.

OnTheWarpath15
10-06-2008, 02:13 PM

Wow.

Excellent rebuttal.

When you have no where else to turn, use the "nanny-nanny boo-boo" defense.

HemiEd
10-06-2008, 02:14 PM

Bill Parcells has proven he knows the way, the only thing Herm Fucking Edwards has proven, is that he is a fucking loser. He has done nothing but tear down this team and make it in his own fucking image.

I would trade ten fucking Herm Edwards for 1/2 a Bill Parcells.

keg in kc
10-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Dick Vermeil has a much more recent superbowl win than Parcells, and we've all seen how well that worked out for us.

Good luck Miami. Hey, maybe you can get Jimmy Johnson to come back and try again if this doesn't work out.

Midnight_Vulture
10-06-2008, 02:16 PM
I love how some of you idiots are clowning on the Fins and Parcells for that matter. You mean you wouldnt want the Big Tuna running your team??? Fools.

OnTheWarpath15
10-06-2008, 02:17 PM
I don't disagree with your assesment of the situation, or teams one bit. But I am not one of those that screamed for change, I have been consistent on that.

Having gone through the 70s and 80s with this team, I was not ready to put up with what we have seen the last two years. I just wasn't, but it is here, staring us in the face.

I would be much more on board with it, if I had just the slightest confidence in the HC. But I don't. I am worried he is going to spoil all this talent that has been assembled, and they start over. again, and again and again. Already been there, don't like the thought of going through it again.

I like watching my team win, period. Or at least be properly prepared to be competitive.

But hey, I played golf yesterday, and got home in time to check in on the beginning of the second half. Most years, no way would I have missed a play, but there is just too much bad shit going on, that I can't control. I can control this, by not watching it.

We're pretty much in agreement, though I'm not as worked up about losing as you (or others) are. I'm just trying to patiently wait until Herm and Carl are pink-slipped this January - and hoping that Clark makes a solid hire.

The young talent we have isn't going anywhere, or going to be "ruined".

But it is crucial that Clark make a perfect decision on who's going to lead this franchise both on the field, and in the FO from 2009 out...

OnTheWarpath15
10-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Bill Parcells has proven he knows the way, the only thing Herm Fucking Edwards has proven, is that he is a fucking loser. He has done nothing but tear down this team and make it in his own fucking image.

I would trade ten fucking Herm Edwards for 1/2 a Bill Parcells.

If that was the argument Ed, I'd agree with you. Parcells > Edwards, and it's not debatable.

But that doesn't mean that what Parcells is doing in Miami is "rebuilding" - it's flat-out not.

FringeNC
10-06-2008, 02:22 PM
If that was the argument Ed, I'd agree with you. Parcells > Edwards, and it's not debatable.

But that doesn't mean that what Parcells is doing in Miami is "rebuilding" - it's flat-out not.

Rebuilding is simply drafting better than your opponents -- nothing else. So in that regard, yes, Miami, may in fact be rebuilding. Time will tell.

BigRock
10-06-2008, 02:23 PM

There are a surprising amount of people who seem to think that "rebuilding" means little more than "picking high in the draft". Thus, any team that picked high is rebuilding.

Red Dawg
10-06-2008, 02:25 PM
THE FINS ARE NOT REBUILDING! THEY HAVE SUCKED FOR YEARS! Did they tear down their roster and start young QB's? No!

JuicesFlowing
Rebuilding is fine, it's Herm's obsession with youth -- playing the youngest guy possible for the sake of playing a young guy -- that annoys me.

Mile High Mania
Miami has been 'rebuilding' for a while, but they finally cleaned house... moved players in and out, resulting in what you see now. It's nothing that happened over night, but rebuilding isn't just a "player" thing.

Brock
10-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Rebuilding is fine, it's Herm's obsession with youth -- playing the youngest guy possible for the sake of playing a young guy -- that annoys me.

That's not what he is doing. If it were, Damion Macintosh wouldn't be playing. If you're referring to playing Thigpen over Huard, my answer to that is, what difference does it make?

HemiEd
10-06-2008, 02:31 PM
We're pretty much in agreement, though I'm not as worked up about losing as you (or others) are. I'm just trying to patiently wait until Herm and Carl are pink-slipped this January - and hoping that Clark makes a solid hire.

The young talent we have isn't going anywhere, or going to be "ruined".

But it is crucial that Clark make a perfect decision on who's going to lead this franchise both on the field, and in the FO from 2009 out...

I wish I had the faith you have, that the talent will not be ruined or spoiled, or jettisoned by the new regime.

History has proven, that a new HC has a grace period (couple years, normally except in Miami's case) to do whatever he sees fit. If that means getting rid of the previous regimes players, they do it. Over, and over and over for new beginnings.

HemiEd
10-06-2008, 02:34 PM

Ok, fine. I was just taking exception with what I interpreted as a lack of respect for Bill Parcells accomplishments and leadership.
When in fact, we may have the worst staff in the NFL, leading the Chiefs, now that Detroit has fired their genius, Millen.

Mile High Mania
10-06-2008, 02:36 PM
You guys put up with a lot from Carl and company... in the 10 seasons since letting Marty go, KC has finished above .500 only 4 times and this year isn't looking good to improve to 5 times.

10 years... 3 coaches... lots of frustrations.

HemiEd
10-06-2008, 02:36 PM
That's not what he is doing. If it were, Damion Macintosh wouldn't be playing. If you're referring to playing Thigpen over Huard, my answer to that is, what difference does it make?

It is unexplainable, just a wtf? Drummond? Macintosh? Donnie Edwards?

I just think the guy is an idiot.

OnTheWarpath15
10-06-2008, 02:39 PM
I wish I had the faith you have, that the talent will not be ruined or spoiled, or jettisoned by the new regime.

History has proven, that a new HC has a grace period (couple years, normally except in Miami's case) to do whatever he sees fit. If that means getting rid of the previous regimes players, they do it. Over, and over and over for new beginnings.

Do you really think that a new coach is going to tell Glenn Dorsey to hit the bricks?

Branden Albert?

Brandon Flowers?

Carr?

Charles?

Tyler?

McBride?

Sorry, but that makes no sense. If anything, a new coach is going to play to the strengths of his core players, and cut the dead weight.

Yes, McIntosh, I'm talking to you.

You too Damon Huard.

A new coach isn't going to just cut loose talented players.

But seeing as how we don't have many of those, yes, they'll probably be significant turnover.

HemiEd
10-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Do you really think that a new coach is going to tell Glenn Dorsey to hit the bricks?

Branden Albert?

Brandon Flowers?

Carr?

Charles?

Tyler?

McBride?

Sorry, but that makes no sense. If anything, a new coach is going to play to the strengths of his core players, and cut the dead weight.

Yes, McIntosh, I'm talking to you.

You too Damon Huard.

A new coach isn't going to just cut loose talented players.

But seeing as how we don't have many of those, yes, they'll probably be significant turnover.

Not those guys, I hope. But there always seems to be a few like Donnie Edwards with Vermeil, Kawicka Mitchell and others with Herm fucking Edwards. Just enough, where they need an additional draft to catch up, always a couple years away.

blueballs
10-07-2008, 12:33 AM
UP has a slightly used dick
he can get you a good deal on
you can name it Vermeil and gag on it

Mecca
10-07-2008, 12:38 AM
The Dolphins are actually well coached....that is a pretty big difference right away.