PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Stop comparing all the other bad teams to us, we are the only building from scratch

Red Dawg
10-06-2008, 02:23 PM
We are the only team building from scratch. look at their rosters and years of experience compared to ours. Miami and Falcons are not rebuilding. St Louis needs to but hasn't and the Lions failed to keep any type of continuity in coaching so they are failing as well.

Nobody has done what we have with cutting 30 year olds and starting rookies.

2bikemike
10-06-2008, 02:28 PM
If we were rebuilding from scratch how come Carl and Herm are still here? Now that would be from Scratch.

Rasputin
10-06-2008, 02:28 PM
It's not the rebuilding that people have a problem with. Its losing 34-0 and none what so ever any thing to brag about. Oh yea Dustin had a great punt though!

Mile High Mania
10-06-2008, 02:30 PM
You make it sound very revolutionary...

What makes Atlanta that much different than KC? Atlanta and Miami have churned coaching staffs and many positions...

OnTheWarpath15
It's not the rebuilding that people have a problem with. Its losing 34-0 and none what so ever any thing to brag about. Oh yea Dustin had a great punt though!

Sorry, but if you were expecting anything to "brag about" this season, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Bob Dole

It's 34-0 and our head coach is "puzzled" and "will need to look at the tape".

FringeNC
We are the only team building from scratch. look at their rosters and years of experience compared to ours. Miami and Falcons are not rebuilding. St Louis needs to but hasn't and the Lions failed to keep any type of continuity in coaching so they are failing as well.

So the Falcons have no productive players on offense on which to develop a team around? ROFL

triple
10-06-2008, 02:31 PM
every team that's rebuilt in the last couple of years is ahead of this one

bobbything
10-06-2008, 02:37 PM
If I saw any improvement from this team in the last 16+ games then I'd say that the "rebuilding" is working. But, I haven't. Even last week. Four turnovers doesn't equal improving when you give up 400+ yards of offense.

Redrum_69
10-06-2008, 02:38 PM
wait, we still have Brian Waters...and...TG..and LJ...
and Donnie Edwards...

and a backup career qb that has a Super Bowl ring

Rasputin
10-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Sorry, but if you were expecting anything to "brag about" this season, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Every year I look for something to brag about and I will keep looking, maybe Im glutting for punishment but I still love this team W/L or draw. That game hurt though.

xbarretx
10-06-2008, 03:03 PM

I'll take Jap Anus relations for 300 Alex.

OnTheWarpath15
10-06-2008, 03:06 PM
I'll take Jap Anus relations for 300 Alex.

ROFL

I got rep the other day that said:

"That's TITLES, Mr. Connery"

Tiger's Fan
10-06-2008, 03:32 PM
This morning, Ditka said it's not rebuilding until you change the culture of the team, ie: the front office on down.

chop
10-06-2008, 03:38 PM
In the Vermeil years the Chiefs tried to build their team through free agency. Now Herm wants to do it through the draft. I say it's time to find a coach that wants to do it using all of the tools available to them. Why limit your options?

Chief Faithful
10-06-2008, 03:39 PM
I would feel a whole lot better about building from scratch if Jones, McIntoad and Huard were not starting.

Rasputin
10-06-2008, 03:40 PM
This morning, Ditka said it's not rebuilding until you change the culture of the team, ie: the front office on down.

Please God let Ditka come here just to fire Carl Peterson & Herm Edwards

:grovel:

That would be great

FloridaMan88
10-06-2008, 04:03 PM

You can't rebuild successful when you don't have:

A) A legit young QB to build around.

B) A competent head coach with a clear vision

C) A competent GM/front office with a clear vision.

D) Synergy among the head coach and GM/front office where everyone is on the same page with the clear vision.

Micjones
10-06-2008, 05:07 PM
In the Vermeil years the Chiefs tried to build their team through free agency. Now Herm wants to do it through the draft. I say it's time to find a coach that wants to do it using all of the tools available to them. Why limit your options?

Hello!!!

Micjones
10-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Did it ever occur to anyone that this "building from scratch" philosophy, itself, might be the problem?

Mr. Laz
10-06-2008, 05:12 PM
scratch?

Gunther
Herm
Carl
chuck Cook
Gonzo
Waters
surtain
Edwards
Huard

SAUTO
10-06-2008, 05:16 PM
scratch?

Gunther
Herm
Carl
chuck Cook
Gonzo
Waters
surtain
Edwards
Huard

you forgot dick curl. how does that asshole still have a job?

TrickyNicky
10-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Of course its the front office first. A GM worth anything in this league wouldn't be stupid enough to sell-out your future so your best buddy can come back and make another SB run. Carl hired Herm as a patsy. He's here to "rebuild" and take all the blame while Carl gets to keep his job. They are both here until the end of their contracts and Carl might get an extension.

Long Duk Dong
10-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Of course its the front office first. A GM worth anything in this league wouldn't be stupid enough to sell-out your future so your best buddy can come back and make another SB run. Carl hired Herm as a patsy. He's here to "rebuild" and take all the blame while Carl gets to keep his job. They are both here until the end of their contracts and Carl might get an extension.

grob

whoman69
10-06-2008, 06:51 PM
In order to rebuild you have to bring in players you believe will be a part of your future. I don't think we can say that, so we're not rebuilding. When you replace guys that can play with other guys just because they're younger, that not rebuilding. Its just being a dumbf*ck. We brought in young journeymen from other teams that couldn't cut it in horrible organizations and made them starters. That's not rebuilding.