PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV George Lucas ready to fuck his Indiana Jones franchise even harder

Hammock Parties
10-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Thrusts beginning NOW.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00018807.html

George Lucas 'Cooking Up' Fifth 'Indiana Jones' Plot

Despite conflicting comment from "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" actress, Karen Allen, on another "Indiana Jones" film, it looks like that the man behind the franchise success, George Lucas, has been working on developing suitable plot for the whip-cracking adventurer's fifth movie. On Friday, October 3, star Harrison Ford hinted the momentum gain for the next installment to L.A. Times Blog, Hero Complex, stating, "It's crazy but great...George is in think mode right now."

Explaining further on the sequel possibility, the Dr. Henry Jones, Jr.'s depicter pointed out, "It's automatic, really, we did well with the last one and with that having done well and been a positive experience, it's not surprising that some people want to do it again." On who may push on the idea for the fifth film, the 66-year-old insisted that no one has particularly done that saying, "Really, it comes from the ethos, from the ether. It's natural. It's a way of nature, of course, success breed opportunities...also we don't stay as closely in contact as have in the last year, that's part of it."

Starring also Shia LaBeouf and Cate Blanchett, "Crystal Skull" follows the daring archaeologist professor with signature fedora in his latest adventure on a mission that brings him to the remote corners of Peru seeking to find the Crystal Skull of Akator and return it where it belongs. Since its release on May 22, the Paramount Pictures flick has grossed $316.9 million in the U.S. alone and $783.7 million worldwide. The DVD and Blu-Ray version of the action adventure movie will arrive in stores on October 14.

Demonpenz
10-08-2008, 12:16 PM
I liked the last one. Wasn't great, but it wasn't bad.

HC_Chief
10-08-2008, 12:21 PM

DUMB *&#*%$ER!!11!! YOU ARE TEH NO TASTE!!111!! RTREADED MORAN!!1!1

/fan boi

Hammock Parties
10-08-2008, 12:25 PM

It was an OK movie. Compared to the other Indy flicks it was total crap lacking real peril and gritty action. It certainly made fun of itself enough, though.

irishjayhawk
10-08-2008, 12:30 PM

H-O-R-R-E-N-D-O-U-S

But Claythan, I thought Lucas did no wrong....

Sure-Oz
10-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Maybe indy will be in space this time?

I liked Indy 4 but it didn't have the feel like the other 3 had...those movies didnt need a bunch of CGI and shit

Fire Me Boy!
10-08-2008, 12:33 PM

Wrong.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2008, 12:36 PM
I hear they want to do a Lethal Weapon 5 as well. ROFL

Demonpenz
10-08-2008, 12:39 PM
I can't wait for Karate Kid with Will smith or the new red dawn

vailpass
10-08-2008, 12:41 PM
What kind of a grown man gives a shit about stuff like this?
(unless of course you have a financial interest in the studio, distribution, etc.)

Redrum_69
10-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Welcome to last year

New Indiana Jones Indy Movie Film
Script Plot Summary Synopsis Story
Screenplay Screen Play
by
George Lucas

The Indiana Jones 5 movie begins in Mongolia. It's 1959. Indiana Jones and his guides are searching for the lost burial tomb of Genghis Khan, the legendary leader of the Mongol Empire. Indy Jones eventually finds the clandestine tomb along with an immense treasure, buried with Genghis Khan, beyond what anyone would ever believe.

Unfortunately, for Indiana Jones, the Communist Chinese military has been keeping Indiana Jones under surveillance. The Chinese capture Indy Jones and seize all the contents of the final resting place of Genghis Khan. The Chinese take Indiana Jones to a place where they show him clues, which reveal a great mystery involving the alleged location of the holy cross the Romans utilized to crucify Jesus Christ.

Before Indiana Jones can fully examine the info, a group of elite British commandos raid the facility where Indy Jones is being kept. Ironically, the British military had the Chinese under surveillance. In a bold and daring rescue mission, the British commandos take Indy Jones and the clues related to the holy cross from the Chinese.

The British commandos and Indy Jones arrive in London, England. The English then explain to Indy Jones what is going on. They tell Indy Jones that British intelligence discovered the Chinese had found clues in Jerusalem regarding the holy cross of Jesus. The British explain the legend surrounding the holy cross that it can bring a golden age for Humanity or the final apocalypse.

Since Indy Jones is regarded as one of the top archaeologists in history, the British want Indy to help them find the holy cross before the Chinese find its location. To reward the British for saving him from the Chinese, Indy Jones agrees to search for the holy cross. The British assign a British commando named Nevin to accompany Indy during his travels around the world.

This new adventure first takes Indy Jones and Nevin to Jerusalem. Several clues then lead Indy to Russia, France and finally to the hidden caves of Romania where the holy cross of Jesus Christ has been kept secretly for nearly 2,000 years. Indiana Jones 5 ends with a spectacular confrontation between the British military vs. the Communist Chinese military. The tremendous supernatural powers of the holy cross are released and the fate of the planet is at stake.

A complete Indiana Jones 5 plot script summary will be revealed in the future with further details.

Full Title: Unknown
Working Title: Indiana Jones 5 v (Indiana Jones and the Eternal Cross of Paradise)

Redrum_69
10-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Plot scripts, future projects for Lucas, and everything you could possibly want to know

http://www.supershadow.com/

Hammock Parties
10-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Super Shadow is bullshit.

mylittlepony
10-08-2008, 01:04 PM
With the last one in mind I bet he is watching old reruns of Ducktales trying to find another script to steal. I swear there was an episode just like the 4th movie.

Long Duk Dong
10-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Oi...last Indiana sucked. :spank:

Hammock Parties
10-08-2008, 01:05 PM
With the last one in mind I bet he is watching old reruns of Ducktales trying to find another script to steal. I swear there was an episode just like the 4th movie.

Treasure of the Lost Lamp was a better movie than Crystal Lite.

http://www.impawards.com/1990/posters/ducktales_the_movie_treasure_of_the_lost_lamp.jpg

Fire Me Boy!
10-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Indiana should have just asked Dan Ackroyd about the stupid skull.

TrickyNicky
10-08-2008, 01:56 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LDCjIjsZp_Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LDCjIjsZp_Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Donger
10-08-2008, 02:03 PM
I hear they want to do a Lethal Weapon 5 as well. ROFL

Lethal Weapon V: Revenge of The Jew?

Simply Red
10-08-2008, 02:12 PM
DUMB *&#*%$ER!!11!! YOU ARE TEH NO TASTE!!111!! RTREADED MORAN!!1!1

/fan boi

Wrong Nut, That'd be UP.

DaneMcCloud
10-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Plot scripts, future projects for Lucas, and everything you could possibly want to know

http://www.supershadow.com/

ROFL

That's guy's the biggest bozo on the internet

Deberg_1990
10-08-2008, 02:22 PM
That Patton Oswald rant was spot on. and Hilarious!!

Hammock Parties
10-21-2009, 05:36 PM
This amuses me.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_03/Harrison2XP_468x602.jpg

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_03/Harrison1XP_468x808.jpg

blaise
10-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Indiana Jones and the Adult Diaper of Coal

Fish
10-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Indiana Jones plays with himself a lot...

CrazyPhuD
10-21-2009, 05:51 PM
I'm still waiting for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Poon.

Easy 6
10-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi, my name is Scott and i've been burned out on George Lucas for some 31 years now...

The last Indy was cheesy overall, Ford did his best to uphold the character & definitely wasnt going through the motions...but just about everything else, to me, was formula driven & bland. In a word, 'forced', like Phantom Menace or any of his other soulless pap.

Lucas is like a great old band, whose best stuff happened 20-30 years ago...the best artistic ideas dont usually come from rich, fat, successful guys IMO.

crispystl
10-21-2009, 06:04 PM

Are you serious I love Indiana JOnes movies and it was horrible. It wouldn't have taken much to make me happy.

KCChiefsMan
10-21-2009, 06:47 PM
the last Indiana was the worst crap I have ever seen, it was the worst. I didn't even think about it, but was that a parody of itself? They were making fun of themselves? I mean and I hate HATE that Shiloh actor and everything sucked, I stopped it right after that nuclear explosion where he survived in a fridge and flew 50 miles away from it and dusted himself off and was fine

JD10367
10-22-2009, 10:59 AM
The next film will be "Indiana Jones and The Porcelain Throne", the tale of how the senior Indy has to get up five times a night to pee.

"Crystal Skull" was okay... right up until the end, with aliens and flying saucers. I'm not saying I don't believe in such things, but the basis of the franchise had been religious artifact retrieval and the mysticism surrounding them. You don't jump from the Ark and the Holy Grail to a f**king crystal alien skull. Not to mention Shia LaBoeuf is a crap-ass actor. And looks gayer than gay. With a name like Shia LaBoeuf, he sounds like he should be starring in a gay drag film, not an Indiana Jones film. Of all the Hollywood actors they have, they had to pick THAT little f**ktard?

Frazod
10-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Never saw the last one, probably won't bother with the next one.

Just say no to Darth Lucas. :grr:

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2009, 11:06 AM
Be prepared for another Star Wars trilogy, if James Cameron's "Avatar" does well.

Lucas wants to do Star Wars in 3D.

Good news? He'll only produce, not direct.

Demonpenz
10-22-2009, 11:09 AM
i want my howard the duck 3 d thanks

Fish
10-22-2009, 11:12 AM

This. With a 3D reshooting of Lea Thompson in panties...

13and3
10-22-2009, 11:14 AM
both fillms are time better spent working on starwars.

Bowser
10-22-2009, 11:20 AM
Be prepared for another Star Wars trilogy, if James Cameron's "Avatar" does well.

Awesome = Lucas sticking to F/X and leaving the story alone.

Any heads up what storyline would be done, since the Clone Wars is going on CN? Maybe post-RotJ, or maybe an Old Republic story?

JD10367
10-22-2009, 11:31 AM

What does that mean? As in, make new movies? If it's just a question of remastering the originals, that's pretty easy nowadays, I think they already have that capability (Imax did it with a nature documentary, and Disney did it with "Nightmare Before Christmas").

If they remaster the original film into IMAX 3D? That would be frickin' sweet.

Some years back, there was an IMAX film called "Special Effects". Using the original models and motion-control plots, they refilmed the opening scene of "A New Hope" for the IMAX film frame (not a digital re-rendering as they do now, but an actual re-filming of the same models using IMAX cameras). Even in 2D, that was the best 60 seconds of IMAX film I've ever seen.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2009, 11:34 AM
What does that mean? As in, make new movies? If it's just a question of remastering the originals, that's pretty easy nowadays, I think they already have that capability (Imax did it with a nature documentary, and Disney did it with "Nightmare Before Christmas").

If they remaster the original film into IMAX 3D? That would be frickin' sweet.

Some years back, there was an IMAX film called "Special Effects". Using the original models and motion-control plots, they refilmed the opening scene of "A New Hope" for the IMAX film frame (not a digital re-rendering as they do now, but an actual re-filming of the same models using IMAX cameras). Even in 2D, that was the best 60 seconds of IMAX film I've ever seen.

If "Avatar" does well, he'll create a NEW trilogy in which he will ONLY produce.

Currently, they're working on 3D versions of all six Star Wars movies but they're far from complete.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Awesome = Lucas sticking to F/X and leaving the story alone.

Any heads up what storyline would be done, since the Clone Wars is going on CN? Maybe post-RotJ, or maybe an Old Republic story?

I heard a few years ago that he was gearing up to do an Old Republic story revolving around a young padawan named Yoda.

That may have changed by now but it certainly seems like a logical place to start.

vailpass
10-22-2009, 11:51 AM
If "Avatar" does well, he'll create a NEW trilogy in which he will ONLY produce.

Currently, they're working on 3D versions of all six Star Wars movies but they're far from complete.

Stupid question: is the movie "Avatar" the same as the cartoon series? I couldn't tell from the preview I saw though the effects looked cutting-edge spectacular.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-22-2009, 11:56 AM
Stupid question: is the movie "Avatar" the same as the cartoon series? I couldn't tell from the preview I saw though the effects looked cutting-edge spectacular.

No.

Cameron's movie is a mash of a couple of older movies redone by him.

M. Night is doing the Avatar: The Last Airbender movie.

Frazod
10-22-2009, 12:05 PM
I heard a few years ago that he was gearing up to do an Old Republic story revolving around a young padawan named Yoda.

That may have changed by now but it certainly seems like a logical place to start.

Yuck. If they're going to do Old Republic, I wish they'd do a movie based on KOTOR. The story from that game is better than all the movies combined.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2009, 12:10 PM

No, "Avatar" is a completely new story written by James Cameron and set in a different galaxy.

The cartoon series has been made into a feature film directed (not written) by M. Night.

Lucasfilm just put out a statement denying the rumor of a third trilogy but I still think it's going to happen, after the launch of the new "Live-Action" Star Wars Series.

DaneMcCloud
10-22-2009, 12:11 PM
No.

Hmm? Is this a joke?

Deberg_1990
10-22-2009, 12:17 PM

I wont rest until i see American Graffiti 3D!

John Milner smokin fools in 3D would be off the hook!

cardken
10-22-2009, 12:21 PM
I wont rest until i see American Graffiti 3D!

John Milner smokin fools in 3D would be off the hook!

Absolutely, FTW.

Hammock Parties
10-22-2009, 12:33 PM

That might be really good news...I would be up for that, ESPECIALLY if they get Mark Hamill to return. He can still pull off an old Luke.

Mr. Plow
10-22-2009, 12:37 PM
Breakin' - 3D is where it's at.

Dallas Chief
10-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Lucasfilm just put out a statement denying the rumor of a third trilogy but I still think it's going to happen, after the launch of the new "Live-Action" Star Wars Series.

I don't know what to make of it all. I was so disappointed in the prequels that I would be cautious to get worked up over a new trilogy. However, my five year old is just now getting into the whole Star Wars thing. So much so that he likes the original trilogy music on in the background when he plays. It also gives us something other than sports to talk about and enjoy. As the matter of fact he won't shut up about any of it. :D

Here he is dressed up as Boba Fett. He's a maniac about it!

Mr. Plow
10-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Cool outfit....like a tiny GoChiefs.

Hammock Parties
10-22-2009, 12:43 PM
That is completely awesome that your FIVE-YEAR OLD likes Star Wars music. You should cultivate his obviously fine taste in film scores and expand it. I prescribe John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, David Arnold, Hans Zimmer, Howard Shore, Ennio Morricone and Alan Silvestri.

Easy 6
10-22-2009, 12:47 PM
So much so that he likes the original trilogy music on in the background when he plays. It also gives us something other than sports to talk about and enjoy. As the matter of fact he won't shut up about any of it. :D

Thats so cool, i did the same thing...still have the double LP soundtrack for Episode 3.

Dallas Chief
10-22-2009, 01:07 PM

I haven't neg repped anyone yet. Would you like to be the first? :D

Mr. Plow
10-22-2009, 01:09 PM
I haven't neg repped anyone yet. Would you like to be the first? :D

ROFL

I probably deserve it.

Dallas Chief
10-22-2009, 01:19 PM
That is completely awesome that your FIVE-YEAR OLD likes Star Wars music. You should cultivate his obviously fine taste in film scores and expand it. I prescribe John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, David Arnold, Hans Zimmer, Howard Shore, Ennio Morricone and Alan Silvestri.

Way ahead of you. Our house already sounds like an amusement park every Saturday as it is. Top Gun, (his thing was fighter planes last year), Randy Newman, Wall-E, Trilogies, Rocky, all mixed in with some AC/DC, Black Eyed Peas, Journey, Nickelback, Kings of Leon, etc. etc. etc. He hasn't seen all of the movies like Top Gun, or even all of the Star Wars 6 yet. Some of it is just a little bit above his ability to comprehend. Like the love scenes from Top Gun and the last 20 minutes of Episode III- RoTS.

vailpass
10-22-2009, 01:21 PM
No, "Avatar" is a completely new story written by James Cameron and set in a different galaxy.

The cartoon series has been made into a feature film directed (not written) by M. Night.

No.

M. Night is doing the Avatar: The Last Airbender movie.

Thank you gentlemen.

JD10367
10-22-2009, 01:24 PM

And the five-year-old will probably get some action first. :D

Hammock Parties
10-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Way ahead of you. Our house already sounds like an amusement park every Saturday as it is. Top Gun, (his thing was fighter planes last year), Randy Newman, Wall-E, Trilogies, Rocky, all mixed in with some AC/DC, Black Eyed Peas, Journey, Nickelback, Kings of Leon, etc. etc. etc. He hasn't seen all of the movies like Top Gun, or even all of the Star Wars 6 yet. Some of it is just a little bit above his ability to comprehend. Like the love scenes from Top Gun and the last 20 minutes of Episode III- RoTS.

If you hurry you can score tickets...

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0C0042FDE205994A?artistid=1344151&majorcatid=10002&minorcatid=203

Dallas Chief
10-22-2009, 01:29 PM
ROFL

I probably deserve it.

Deserve's got nothing to do with it...

:):):)

Deberg_1990
02-26-2020, 05:27 PM
Kind of a bombshell. Spielberg won’t be directing Indy 5. James Mangold will be. I’m good with that. Mangold is very solid and I don’t think Spielbergs heart is 100% In it.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/steven-spielberg-indiana-jones-5-james-mangold-harrison-ford-1203515698/

Beef Supreme
02-26-2020, 05:30 PM
Holy necro.

kstater
02-26-2020, 05:30 PM
Stormy Daniels thinks he's a whore

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hammock Parties
02-26-2020, 05:37 PM
After seeing Call of the Wild, I'm extremely excited for this.

Ford looked fantastic.

Chiefspants
02-29-2020, 12:33 AM
In today’s world, Spielberg inexplicably dropping out of a project makes me wonder if he’s about to be #metoo’d

Bill Brasky
02-29-2020, 01:11 AM
11 year necro. Jesus.

I walked out of #4 with my sister. It was god awful.

Chiefs4TheWin
02-29-2020, 01:28 AM

That's about where I am. I mean the lead fridge thing was weird, but in the end it was aliens so i mean.. not much I can bitch about.

Megatron96
02-29-2020, 01:44 AM
The Crystal Skull was awful. One of the worst movies I've ever seen, irregardless of whether it was part of the "Raiders" saga.

Lucas should probably be shot for many things, but definitely shot and hung for trying to resurrect "Raiders" one more time. In what universe do we need an 80 year-old Indiana Jones doddering around pretending to be an action hero?

Bump
02-29-2020, 02:21 AM
I didn't even make it through the shia leboof one. I just turned it off when he survived the nuclear blast unscathed by being in an old refrigerator. I reckon that's the dumbest thing I ever saw.

Red Dawg
02-29-2020, 08:17 AM
Last one was awful and stupid. Aliens? Its was bad.

Chargem
02-29-2020, 08:26 AM
Wasn't the first one about a magic chest that melted peoples faces? You guys objection to aliens is weird.

02-29-2020, 09:44 AM
Wasn't the first one about a magic chest that melted peoples faces? You guys objection to aliens is weird.Just stop. One is a classic. The other shouldn't even exist.

Bowser
02-29-2020, 09:53 AM
The fist three Indy films are Hollywood treasures. Crystal Skull is barely above SyFy Channel level schlock.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-29-2020, 09:57 AM
Crystal skull isn't a syfy Original movie???

Bowser
02-29-2020, 10:00 AM
Crystal skull isn't a syfy Original movie???

Surprise!

InChiefsHeaven
02-29-2020, 02:19 PM
Nobody wants to see geriatric Indy...come on man...just let it go. Crystal Skull should have let them know that Indy is done.

Unless you wanted to get someone else to play Indy...which you really can't. But neither can Ford anymore. Just. Let. It. GO...

Baby Lee
03-05-2020, 04:09 PM
Indy adventures for Chiefs fans with basic cable. ;)

<iframe width="949" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W0rzt1UWV70" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties
03-05-2020, 04:14 PM
Nobody wants to see geriatric Indy...come on man...just let it go. Crystal Skull should have let them know that Indy is done.

Unless you wanted to get someone else to play Indy...which you really can't. But neither can Ford anymore. Just. Let. It. GO...

The character is not a pure action star, which is why it can work.

And Ford was GREAT in Call of the Wild.

This is gonna work.

eDave
03-05-2020, 04:40 PM
Just stop. One is a classic. The other shouldn't even exist.

I enjoy Last Crusade quite a bit. Moreso than the first. 2 just stinks. Last one wasn't as bad as I had heard. I was OK with it and actually didn't think Shia did bad as reviewed.

Perhaps this belongs in the Unpopular Opinion thread.