PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Which NFL coach would you take Herm over?

SBK
10-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Now, don't just go gut reaction and say, "I wouldn't take a Herm over the local high school coach!" Honestly, is there any coach in the NFL that you wouldn't take over Herm?

Linehan? Maranelli? Crennell?

I might say Linehan, but it's pretty close. Either way you're screwed.

TheCloser
10-08-2008, 05:45 PM
That's just an impossible question.

FAX
10-08-2008, 05:47 PM
I don't really follow all the other teams, Mr. SBK, so it's difficult to say. However, of all the ones I know - both past and present, I can honestly think of none. Heck, I'd rather have Frank Gansz. At least our special teams might be a little better.

FAX

whoman69
10-08-2008, 05:47 PM
I think that he has more experience and track record than those three, but his record is still lousy. I still laugh when I remember fatlock comparing him to Tony Dungy when he went to Indy. Difference was Dungy took Tampa from the trash heap to respectability, but couldn't get them over the hump. Herm took over a decent franchise and had them in the toilet when he was done.

Skip Towne
10-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Marty Morningweg chose to kick off to start a sudden death OT. Given time, Herm could probably top that.

SBK
10-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Marty Morningweg chose to kick off to start a sudden death OT. Given time, Herm could probably top that.

LMAO

10-08-2008, 05:53 PM
http://www.jetnation.com/JetsWiki/images/c/c2/Kotite2.jpg

http://www.jetnation.com/JetsWiki/index.php/Kotite%2C_Rich

TheCloser
10-08-2008, 05:55 PM
I don't really follow all the other teams, Mr. SBK, so it's difficult to say. However, of all the ones I know - both past and present, I can honestly think of none. Heck, I'd rather have Frank Gansz. At least our special teams might be a little better.

FAX

We don't need to improve in that area...our team is already special...in a ride the short bus kinda way.

Head coach Gunther Cunningham sounds better than status quo...and I remember thinking we were terrible when he had the reins.

Otter
10-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Most

Reerun_KC
10-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Any?

Reerun_KC
10-08-2008, 05:58 PM
All?

Reerun_KC
10-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Some?

Tiger's Fan
10-08-2008, 05:59 PM
any. warm. body.

Skip Towne
10-08-2008, 06:00 PM

FAX

Frank Ganz told entertaining stories. They weren't true but they were entertaining.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Current or all time?

Currently I wouldn't want Linehan, although he's been fired already. I also wouldn't want Detroit's Marty, The guy in Oakland (no, I don't know his name. Should I?), uh, honestly I think Shanahan is out of touch, I'd pass. Let's see, I think Wisenhunt is too dumb, I mean the guy is letting Leinart sit on the bench. I'm sure there's others, but let me be clear, the reason I wouldn't want them is because starting over with another guy that is just going to lose games doesn't get us anywhere we haven't been already. I certainly don't think Herm is "better" than any of those guys. They're just all losers. Except Shanahan obviously.

Coach
10-08-2008, 06:14 PM
I would gladly take Lane Kiffin.

TEX
10-08-2008, 06:17 PM
When you consider everything, Herm is the worst HC in the league.

Reerun_KC
10-08-2008, 06:18 PM
I would gladly take Lane Kiffin.

Only with a new GM, and two solid Coordinators for Lane...

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Crennel, Linehan, and Marinelli are all pretty gat damned worthless. With that being said, it's hard to imagine how they could be more detestable than Herm, who is not only incompetent, but recklessly arrogant.

Truth be told, there are a lot of terrible coaches right now.

I wouldn't want any part of Childress, Mangini, Nolan, Whisenhunt, Turner, Crennel, Marinelli, and I'd just as soon pass on Del Rio, Kubiak, Jauron, Holmgren, Lovie Smith, and Wade Phillips.

OnTheWarpath15
10-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Crennel, Linehan, and Marinelli are all pretty gat damned worthless. With that being said, it's hard to imagine how they could be more detestable than Herm, who is not only incompetent, but recklessly arrogant.

Truth be told, there are a lot of terrible coaches right now.

I wouldn't want any part of Childress, Mangini, Nolan, Whisenhunt, Turner, Crennel, Marinelli, and I'd just as soon pass on Del Rio, Kubiak, Jauron, Holmgren, Lovie Smith, and Wade Phillips.

I gotta say Marinelli might be even worse than Herm.

How do you make Calvin Johnson completely irrelevant? That's fucking HARD to do, and he's done it.

Whisenhunt is in the same class, he's just getting by like Herm did in 2006.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2008, 06:51 PM
I might prefer Rich Kotite over Herm....

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-08-2008, 06:55 PM
I gotta say Marinelli might be even worse than Herm.

How do you make Calvin Johnson completely irrelevant? That's fucking HARD to do, and he's done it.

Whisenhunt is in the same class, he's just getting by like Herm did in 2006.

He's also ruining the only thing that can make his team compete in the next 10 years.

OnTheWarpath15
10-08-2008, 06:58 PM
He's also ruining the only thing that can make his team compete in the next 10 years.

Marinelli or Whisenhunt?

Or both...?

FAX
10-08-2008, 07:00 PM
I think that new guy in Oakland would be better and, like you, Mr. Mr Flopnuts, I have no idea whether or not he can tie his own shoes.

FAX THE DESPERATE FAN MAN

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Marinelli or Whisenhunt?

Or both...?

Whisenhunt. Leinart has the tools and the brain power, but he obviously has regressed since they got rid of Dennis Green, who is a damned good QB tutor (look at what happened to Culpepper once he left Minny--one good season and then progressively worse and worse).

OnTheWarpath15
10-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Whisenhunt. Leinart has the tools and the brain power, but he obviously has regressed since they got rid of Dennis Green, who is a damned good QB tutor (look at what happened to Culpepper once he left Minny--one good season and then progressively worse and worse).

Agreed.

Milkman and I were talking about this today.

Would you give up a pick for Leinart?

If so, how high?

Phobia
10-08-2008, 07:09 PM
I would take any one of Schottenheimer's sons for head coach over Herm. Maybe a couple of his grandchildren as well.

DaKCMan AP
10-08-2008, 07:22 PM

Add Marvin Lewis to the top of the list.

SAUTO
10-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Agreed.

If so, how high?

I would, a 3rd possibly higher, look at the guy's rookie season. Not too shabby.

Buehler445
10-08-2008, 08:16 PM
It's like asking if you would rather die in a fire or suffocate watching your best friend bone your girl.

teedubya
10-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Who coaches Blue Springs?

SBK
10-08-2008, 08:22 PM
I was hoping to go fishing for Herm supporters with this, as I see there are none. It's almost time to go home boys.

ptlyon
10-08-2008, 08:40 PM
ANYFUCKINGBODY but SPERM BACKWARDS.

I vote Bob Dole.

FAX
10-08-2008, 09:44 PM
ANY****INGBODY but SPERM BACKWARDS.

I vote Bob Dole.

You're probably joking, Mr. ptlyon, but I think there are quite a number of Planeteers who would make very good head coaches. Mr. Bob Dole is one, Mr. Rausch is another, also Mr. Bowser, Mr. milkman, Mr. bunnytrdr, Mr. cdcox, Mr. gblowfish, Mr. ROYC75, Mr. OnTheWarpath58, Mr. Direckshun, and Mr. H5N1, just to name a few. There are several others who no longer post here that also come to mind.

There is a great deal of football acumen on this board.

FAX

FringeNC
10-08-2008, 10:18 PM
It wasn't too long ago that Chiefs' fans were saying how much better of a coach Herm was than Tom Coughlin.

HemiEd
10-08-2008, 10:52 PM

Thanks Skip, you made me feel a lot better. Maybe we only have the second dumpest mother fucker of all time coaching our favorite team.

Prior to that, I couldn't think of anyone, old or new, that I wouldn't rather have. Greg Robinson, probably a draw.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Agreed.

If so, how high?

I'd give up a 2nd for Leinart and a 4th.

Ozark Dirtbag
10-09-2008, 01:33 AM
Dave Campo, Richie Pettibon, Ray Handley, Rich Kotite, Steve Spurrier, Buddy Ryan, Marty Mornhinweg, Ray Rhodes, Mike Tice, Dave Wannstedt, Bruce Coslet, Ron Meyer, Cam Cameron, Jack Pardee, Jerry Glanville, Lindy Infante, Ted Marchibroda, Dave Shula, Al Saunders, Dan Henning, Kevin Gilbride, Mike Riley, Mike White, Bill Callahan, Art Shell

JuicesFlowing
10-09-2008, 02:07 AM
A poll with available coaches would be good. I don't really know who's out there other than the typical rumor mill fodder of Cowher and Billick.

Hog Rider
10-09-2008, 07:17 AM
ROFLAl DavisROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
10-09-2008, 07:20 AM
Add Marvin Lewis to the top of the list.

Agreed. How he's kept his job is a great mystery to me.

Chiefnj2
10-09-2008, 07:28 AM
At least Lewis' team comes out and plays hard every week.

Head coaches that might be worse than Herm - Childress, Marinelli, Crennel and Lewis.

Everybody else is a clear step up. I don't know why people wouldn't want Jauron or even Whisenhunt (unless you are a USC homer and think Leinart is good).

beach tribe
10-09-2008, 10:30 AM
I would take my HS coach over Herm.

vailpass
10-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Current or all time?

Currently I wouldn't want Linehan, although he's been fired already. I also wouldn't want Detroit's Marty, The guy in Oakland (no, I don't know his name. Should I?), uh, honestly I think Shanahan is out of touch, I'd pass. Let's see, I think Wisenhunt is too dumb, I mean the guy is letting Leinart sit on the bench. I'm sure there's others, but let me be clear, the reason I wouldn't want them is because starting over with another guy that is just going to lose games doesn't get us anywhere we haven't been already. I certainly don't think Herm is "better" than any of those guys. They're just all losers. Except Shanahan obviously.

You would rather have Herm Edwards than Shanny?
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

MahiMike
10-09-2008, 10:37 AM
I was so pissed when Fisher turned the Titans around. Right about the time we got Herm, he looked like he was gonna be available.

DAMMIT CARL!!!

HemiEd
10-09-2008, 10:39 AM
You would rather have Herm Edwards than Shanny?
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

It is actually two different issues. The Chiefs would be better off due to, addition by subtraction. Just getting rid of Herm, would be an improvement.

Shannahan will do ANYTHING to win the game, ANYTHING. There is something to be said for that, if it is your team. Shannahan does know what is going on in the game, at ALL times. But I still dislike him, for obvious reasons.

vailpass
10-09-2008, 10:46 AM
It is actually two different issues. The Chiefs would be better off due to, addition by subtraction. Just getting rid of Herm, would be an improvement.

Shannahan will do ANYTHING to win the game, ANYTHING. There is something to be said for that, if it is your team. Shannahan does know what is going on in the game, at ALL times. But I still dislike him, for obvious reasons.

Yep, you speak true. I would feel the same way if I were you.
Hope all is well with you and yours.

KCrockaholic
10-09-2008, 10:49 AM
ill take Jack Del Rio or maybe Sean Payton, both good young up n coming coaches...well idk about young for Del Rio

chiefsngop
10-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Right now I'd take anybody who'd just come out and say it.

I want to f*c*in win ! I don't want any f***in excuses, no b**lsh** stories, I just want to pound the hell out of the other team and f***in win !

How refreshing instead of a mantra of excuses and stating the obvious.

Garcia Bronco
10-10-2008, 01:29 PM
The Rat