PDA

View Full Version : Football Pacman in trouble YET AGAIN.....Maybe?

Kerberos
10-09-2008, 02:57 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3633432

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam Jones got into a fight with one of his security guards at a downtown Dallas hotel on Wednesday morning, according to Dallas police.

Dallas' CBS affiliate, Channel 11, first reported Wednesday that Jones was involved in an altercation at the Joule Hotel in Dallas, damaging a bathroom.

Dallas Deputy Chief Vince Golbeck told the Dallas Morning News police were called to the scene at 1:30 a.m. Wednesday. Chief Golbeck told the News he thought Jones was staying at the hotel and may have been drinking.

There was no police report filed regarding the incident. No one was arrested and no one will be charged in connection with the fight.

Someone from the business called police," Dallas police spokesman Cpl. Jerry Monreal told The Associated Press. "Police arrived and spoke to the parties after they had a verbal argument. Both parties agreed to leave, and they left."

Worrick Robinson, Jones' attorney, told ESPN's Ed Werder that he had a conversation with Jones on Wednesday about the alleged incident.

"I'm not satisfied anything has happened,'' Robinson said. "I perform due diligence on rumors anytime there is an allegation made against a player I represent, and at this point I can tell you that I'm not satisfied that anything occurred.''

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello had no comment. The Dallas Cowboys said they had no information about the incident and also had no comment.

A source told ESPN that NFL Security has been notified and is investigating.

It was apparently a coincidence that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell visited Cowboys players at their Valley Ranch training complex Wednesday. Goodell suspended Jones from the league for the entire 2007 season for violating the NFL player conduct policy.

Before meeting with the Cowboys on Wednesday, Goodell said to reporters in San Antonio: "Adam knows how much emphasis I put on making sure that he makes good choices going forward, that he avoids situations where he can reflect poorly on himself, the Cowboys or the NFL. So far he seems to have been able to do that very effectively.

Deberg_1990
10-09-2008, 05:24 AM
This guy is a ticking timebomb........

beach tribe
10-09-2008, 06:41 AM
If he wasn't a Cowboy, he'd still be out of the league.

MOhillbilly
10-09-2008, 06:59 AM
hype

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
10-09-2008, 07:14 AM

Nah if he wasn't a Cowboy he would be a Donkey or Pat. Either of those teams with Shanarat and Belicheat would sufficiently suckle Goodell's balls just as well as JJ.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-09-2008, 07:16 AM

Yep, the media right away tried to change the perception of him once he signed with Dallas. Said he had changed ROFL Looks like he never will.

CoMoChief
10-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Put his ass in jail anyway if he's too stupid to keep a low profile. I mean I know anything he does now is going to get escalated, but come on, how many times is this now he's had to dealt with the cops?!?!?

Coach
10-09-2008, 10:57 AM
I wonder if Jerry Jones bribed the Dallas Police Department....

Micjones
10-09-2008, 11:18 AM
"There was no police report filed regarding the incident. No one was arrested and no one will be charged in connection with the fight."

Chief Faithful
10-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Nah if he wasn't a Cowboy he would be a Donkey or Pat. Either of those teams with Shanarat and Belicheat would sufficiently suckle Goodell's balls just as well as JJ.

Shanarat would just fire a scapegoat.

sedated
10-09-2008, 11:39 AM
you can take the playa out the ghetto...

Easy 6
10-09-2008, 11:45 AM
How stupid IS this guy?

"No Police Report Was Filed" because JJ wants this handled in-house & has the clout to smooth out the coppers.

Micjones
10-09-2008, 11:52 AM
How stupid IS this guy?

"No Police Report Was Filed" because JJ wants this handled in-house & has the clout to smooth out the coppers.

You're the man to throw words like "stupid" around.
Especially when you have information that will substantiate such a claim.

Easy 6
10-09-2008, 11:58 AM
You're the man

Thanx dude!

Ozark Dirtbag
10-09-2008, 11:58 AM
REPOST pole smokin scum!!!

Fairplay
10-09-2008, 12:09 PM
wutamuss is going to be pissed because the white people are picking on them again.

Micjones
10-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanx dude!

I guess when you can't argue your point...

Easy 6
10-09-2008, 12:18 PM
I guess when you can't argue your point...

So, by your reckoning...just because a report wasnt filed, nothing happened right? JJ wouldnt tell the guard to stifle it? Pacman wouldnt clam up to save his azz?

Is it that hard to imagine this guy chaffing at having to deal with a team mandated bodyguard/minder & starting some sort of minor scuffle or even argument?

Fairplay
10-09-2008, 12:20 PM
They stand up for their own kind no matter how low they have fallen.

I think its funny.

L.A. Chieffan
10-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Adam Jones is a victim of The Man Jacks

Micjones
10-09-2008, 12:25 PM
So, by your reckoning...just because a report wasnt filed, nothing happened right?

I never said that.
I only said that this is a non-issue because no charges were filed.

Did something happen? Was someone assaulted? Perhaps...
All that matters though is what you can prove.

At this point, no one has any information to substantiate a claim that Jones did anything improper. And incidentally that's kind of the principle our justice system is built on.

JJ wouldnt tell the guard to stifle it?

Perhaps...

Can you substantiate a claim that he did so?
If not then it's pure speculation.

By the way...
You said Jones had clout with law enforcement officials.
Let's be clear.

Is it that hard to imagine this guy chaffing at having to deal with a team mandated bodyguard/minder & starting some sort of minor scuffle or even argument?

No.

Is it equally as hard to imagine someone overreacting to a verbal disagreement between Adam Jones and a security guard because he's Adam Jones?

Micjones
10-09-2008, 12:29 PM

Got me over a barrel there.

Signed,

Martha Stewart, Robert Downey Jr., Rob Lowe, & George W. Bush

Valiant
10-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Got me over a barrel there.

Signed,

Martha Stewart, Robert Downey Jr., Rob Lowe, & George W. Bush

Unlike you though, their own kind will call them out for being CRAP, sure there are the IDIOTS that will always defend them..

Kind of like you..

Gets brushed under, so therefor it is a non issue..

Micjones
10-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Unlike you though, their own kind will call them out for being CRAP

Who are you trying to fool pal?
Whites never look the other way as it relates to White celebrities and politicans with equally troubling behavior?

You typed that with a straight face?

You're pretty big on mythology I take it?
Pacman is and has been constantly held accountable in Black communities for his actions (Hell, I've been critical of him myself). Jason Whitlock is very Black and he's been riding Adam Jones for quite some time.

The point here... Is that "sticking up for your own kind" (if what I said in this thread can be called that) isn't strange to any group of people. White or Black. The idea that accountability isn't an integral part of Black communities is a myth and a bad, bad joke.

Kind of like you..

I didn't defend Jones. I merely pointed out the fact that no charges were filed and there is no information available to substantiate any claims that there was any impropriety.

I would afford anyone the very same benefit of the doubt.
It's what our JUSTICE SYSTEM is founded upon.

OnTheWarpath15
10-09-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm with Mic on this one.

No one has ANY clue as to what ACTUALLY happened.

Because of who he is, and his past, he's always going to be a target.

And things like this are always going to be blown out of proportion.

Who's to say Jones wasn't minding his own business when the bodyguard started shit with him?

Fairplay
10-09-2008, 12:49 PM
Because of who he is, and his past, he's always going to be a target.

Just like OJ.

OnTheWarpath15
10-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Just like OJ.

Yeah, just like OJ.

Minus the two heads removed from their bodies...

Micjones
10-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Good thing Whites are never acquitted when the evidence stacked against them points squarely at them being guilty.

:rolleyes:

The man's on his way to jail.
And many people, Whites included, think he was railroaded for no other reason than the 1995 acquittal.

What more do you want?

He's on his way to the big house and he'll never see the other side.

Fairplay
10-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Good thing Whites are never acquitted when the evidence stacked against them points squarely at them being guilty.

:rolleyes:

The man's on his way to jail.
And many people, Whites included, think he was railroaded for no other reason than the 1995 acquittal.

What more do you want?

He's on his way to the big house and he'll never see the other side.

I think he is innocent, white people are picking on him.

Lets bust him out of jail Mic.

Deberg_1990
10-09-2008, 01:45 PM
I didn't defend Jones. I merely pointed out the fact that no charges were filed and there is no information available to substantiate any claims that there was any impropriety.

I would afford anyone the very same benefit of the doubt.
It's what our JUSTICE SYSTEM is founded upon.

The problem with that is Pacmans history with run ins with the law. Its kind of hard to give him any benefit.

OnTheWarpath15
10-09-2008, 01:49 PM
The problem with that is Pacmans history with run ins with the law. Its kind of hard to give him any benefit.

Last I checked it's "innocent until proven guilty."

Not, "innocent until proven guilty, unless you already have a record."

Deberg_1990
10-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Last I checked it's "innocent until proven guilty."

Not, "innocent until proven guilty, unless you already have a record."

True, but thats easier said than done.

You know as well as i, its hard for any person to remain completely unbiased. We are human.

Micjones
10-09-2008, 01:55 PM
I think he is innocent, white people are picking on him.

Lets bust him out of jail Mic.

I think you're incapable of adding anything significant to the discourse.
Let's have you talk about something else.

Micjones
10-09-2008, 01:56 PM
True, but thats easier said than done.

You know as well as i, its hard for any person to remain completely unbiased. We are human.

In fairness to Jones... So is he.

Fairplay
10-09-2008, 02:38 PM
I think you're incapable of adding anything significant to the discourse.

Wow you must be smart. That's a bonus.

Micjones
10-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Wow you must be smart. That's a bonus.

You must be not...smart.

Demonpenz
10-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Stage 2 they fall in love

WilliamTheIrish
10-09-2008, 02:56 PM

I think its funny.

Tell me, please tell me, this is sarcasm. Because if it isn't, it's as inflammatory a statement as person could make.

Deberg_1990
10-09-2008, 03:12 PM
In fairness to Jones... So is he.

Absolutely, but his problem is, he doesnt learn from his mistakes.

Micjones
10-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Absolutely, but his problem is, he doesnt learn from his mistakes.

We don't know that yet.

And honestly we only have second-hand access to him and the intimate aspects of his life.

Maybe he has changed... Maybe he hasn't.
It's hard to know really. At least to this point.

Coach
10-09-2008, 03:25 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Funnies/Smack/cover_jones.jpg

PunkinDrublic
10-09-2008, 03:28 PM
God I hope this blows up in the Cowboys face. That organizations recent success really gets on my nerves.

kstater
10-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Interesting fact. PacMan Jones has a total of 4 career interceptions. That's pretty impressive for a CB.

Deberg_1990
10-09-2008, 04:07 PM
We don't know that yet.

We dont? I believe his has something like 8 or 9 documented run in's with the law.

Micjones
10-09-2008, 04:12 PM
We dont? I believe his has something like 8 or 9 documented run in's with the law.

I'm talking about his recent efforts to turn things around and be more responsible.

Fairplay
10-09-2008, 04:16 PM
///////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oEh5pWjcWCg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oEh5pWjcWCg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mr. Flopnuts
10-09-2008, 04:16 PM
hype

This

Mr. Flopnuts
10-09-2008, 04:17 PM
"There was no police report filed regarding the incident. No one was arrested and no one will be charged in connection with the fight."

Because of this.

Long Duk Dong
10-09-2008, 04:46 PM
what was he doing in the bathroom with his bodyguard? ::doh!:

SAUTO
10-09-2008, 06:34 PM
what was he doing in the bathroom with his bodyguard? ::doh!:

well as JJ said earlier" they were playing around and it got out of hand while in the restroom"ROFL

FAX
10-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Interesting fact. PacMan Jones has a total of 4 career interceptions. That's pretty impressive for a CB.

Good return man, too. He's a very talented player. That's the shame of it.

FAX

Sure-Oz
10-09-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm talking about his recent efforts to turn things around and be more responsible.

You can avoid the shit he does, unless you're a total dumbass. Maybe jerry paid off the hotel.

Micjones
10-10-2008, 11:58 AM
You can avoid the shit he does, unless you're a total dumbass. Maybe jerry paid off the hotel.

Sir, I'm not avoiding anything.
He has a troubled past. A troubled recent past.

My only point was that we do not know where he's headed.
Thus far, he appeared to have made some effort to make wholesale change.
How far that will go remains to be seen.

You don't have any evidence to substantiate a claim that Jones paid anyone off. It's a bit ridiculous to hinge your argument on something no one can prove.