PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Prayer request

blitzed
10-09-2008, 08:33 AM
I've obviously never posted on this site before but have lurked for several years. Long enough to know that there are some decent people on this board who believe in the power of prayer.

I would like to request prayers and support for my girlfriend Rebekah and her family. She was beaten severely by a crazy ex boyfriend a couple days ago in a mall parking lot. He was able to get away and she was found laying on the ground by a couple walking through the lot. The doctors are having a real hard time stabilizing her and she keeps fading in and out.

I obviously know none of you and vice versa, but at a time like this we could use all the prayers and support possible. Rebekah is an absolute angel and we have big plans for each other in life. She deserves none of this and I please ask that you all would take a few minutes of your day to ask God to give her strength and grant her life.

Thanks so much to all those that do!!

http://a330.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/128/m_7d83ff9b54aa898268d6c82d753d7b41.jpg

Here is a picture of her. I just don't understand how someone could lay a hand on such a beautiful person. She has the most loving heart of anyone I've ever met in my life. Thank you guys for all your support.

10-09-2008, 08:35 AM
God, that's awful. I hope she pulls through. Prayers coming your way.

Phobia
10-09-2008, 08:37 AM
If I agree to do so you have to agree to post once a week. Heh. Seriously though, this story is very sad. I'll pray for Rebekah's physical and mental health and for justice for the perpetrator.

blitzed
10-09-2008, 08:41 AM
If I agree to do so you have to agree to post once a week. Heh. Seriously though, this story is very sad. I'll pray for Rebekah's physical and mental health and for justice for the perpetrator.

Yeah, not really how I would of liked to start my first thread let alone first post. I do appreciate your prayers though and I know she does too. She's completely non responsive but she continues to fight. I just think a few extra prayers will give her the extra strength she needs.

Old Dog
10-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Prayers and best wishes for her.

blitzed
10-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Thank you guys. Every little bit helps.

Deberg_1990
10-09-2008, 08:53 AM
Wow, well you certainly know how to make an entrance with your first post.

Prayers and well wishes to your girl.

Dont be afraid to post more if you feel inclined.

Bweb
10-09-2008, 08:53 AM
My family's prayers are on their way to you and Rebekah.

blitzed
10-09-2008, 08:59 AM
[quote=Deberg_1990;5097206]Wow, well you certainly know how to make an entrance with your first post.quote]

Yeah I know right. Not really how I envisioned it. I thank you for your prayers though. There's obviously not a lot I can do to help the situation so I'm just trying to spread the message in as many ways as possible.

talastan
10-09-2008, 09:00 AM
God's grace love and healing to you, Rebekah, and your families. Sad to hear and despite the circumstances, Welcome to the Planet my friend!!

King_Chief_Fan
10-09-2008, 09:02 AM
We ask God to heal her and bless the both of you.

blitzed
10-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Again, thank you all so much. She really is a beautiful girl with a warm heart and I know she would do the same for any of you.

Simply Red
10-09-2008, 09:12 AM
I will pray for her tonight, no question.

TinyEvel
10-09-2008, 09:13 AM
God Bless her, man, and you too, Hope she can recover and you can find peace and forgiveness. I cannot begin to imagine how frustrating and terrible this is.

El Jefe
10-09-2008, 09:19 AM
God Bless her, man, and you too, Hope she can recover and you can find peace and forgiveness. I cannot begin to imagine how frustrating and terrible this is.

Couldn't of said it much better than TinyE. I always hate to hear when things like this happen. I pray the Lord give you strength and give the doctors the wisdom to do whatever they can to help her, and pray that she continues to fight. Things like this make me sick to my stomach, hang in there dude.

blitzed
10-09-2008, 09:21 AM

Thanks I really do appreciate it. It has been extremely frustrating. I lost touch with her for about a full day which is extremely rare for the two of us. I had a bad feeling something was wrong and sure enough I received a phone call from her brother mid day yesterday explaining what had happened.

biggunns
10-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Done

FAX
10-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Damn, Mr. blitzed.

Have the police picked up the ex-boyfriend, yet?

FAX

MVChiefFan
10-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Definitely have my prayers...is it unchristianlike to wish that they find him soon, throw him in jail and that he will receive merciless beatings every other day?

blitzed
10-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Damn, Mr. blitzed.

Have the police picked up the ex-boyfriend, yet?

FAX

Unfortunately no, not to my knowledge. He's hurt her once before we ever got together and has a history of following her around the country. She is the sweetest girl ever and it's so hard understanding how anyone could ever put their hands on her. At the very least, he certainly deserves an extended stay in one of this country's lovely prisons.

kcfanintitanhell
10-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Sending prayers your way....

FAX
10-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Unfortunately no, not to my knowledge. He's hurt her once before we ever got together and has a history of following her around the country. She is the sweetest girl ever and it's so hard understanding how anyone could ever put their hands on her. At the very least, he certainly deserves an extended stay in one of this country's lovely prisons.

Wait a minute ... this ex-guy assaulted this girl in a public parking lot. She's in a coma and the police haven't picked up the ex-guy?

They do know who did this, right? I mean, they know his name and everything, right?

FAX

Frazod
10-09-2008, 10:01 AM
That's terrible. I wish you and your girlfriend the best. And I hope they catch this animal and toss him in a pound-me-in-the-ass prison for the rest of his hopefully short life.

blitzed
10-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Wait a minute ... this ex-guy assaulted this girl in a public parking lot. She's in a coma and the police haven't picked up the ex-guy?

They do know who did this, right? I mean, they know his name and everything, right?

FAX

I'm sure they have been given information on him. She has a restraining order on him too. Now it's just a matter of finding him. He lives in South Carolina and this incident happend in Texas. That's where she's from and had originally gone down there to visit with family. He's on the run somewhere. I just hope they find him fast.

JJONES23
10-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Yes, the police know who it is... Yes they have all of his information, unfortunately, since he's found her here... he's fallen off the map. Everyone is doing all they can in order to find him. She's not doing well at the moment. She's been through 3 surgeries today, still has another 3-4 before she's done. Please continue to pray for her because like Blitzed said, she doesn't deserve this. She's never done anything wrong in her entire life. Thank you all again.

Mr. Kotter
10-09-2008, 10:28 AM
I've obviously never posted on this site before but have lurked for several years. Long enough to know that there are some decent people on this board who believe in the power of prayer.

I would like to request prayers and support for my girlfriend Rebekah and her family. She was beaten severely by a crazy ex boyfriend a couple days ago in a mall parking lot. He was able to get away and she was found laying on the ground by a couple walking through the lot. The doctors are having a real hard time stabilizing her and she keeps fading in and out.

I obviously know none of you and vice versa, but at a time like this we could use all the prayers and support possible. Rebekah is an absolute angel and we have big plans for each other in life. She deserves none of this and I please ask that you all would take a few minutes of your day to ask God to give her strength and grant her life.

Thanks so much to all those that do!!

Sorry to hear about this. Thoughts and prayers are sent your way.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Lord, may you please look over Rebekah and heal her wounds and give her the strengh to carry on with a productive life. Amen

And also Lord, will you allow this evil person that did this to spend his life in eternal hell in a prison cell with the largest homosexual on earth. Thankyou!

blitzed
10-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Thank you all so much. It really does help.

Coach
10-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Jeez man, that blows. If I caught the perp, I would give him a major beatdown.

My thoughts and prayers.

Inspector
10-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Done!

And the only thing I'd like more than him getting caught by the police would be to spend some quality time with this piece of dirt myself.

In time he will get his "reward", one way or the other.

Hang in there man. With all the prayers coming in, she'll be getting better soon.

And yeah, you are right. Prayer does make a huge difference!

blitzed
10-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Done!

And the only thing I'd like more than him getting caught by the police would be to spend some quality time with this piece of dirt myself.

In time he will get his "reward", one way or the other.

Hang in there man. With all the prayers coming in, she'll be getting better soon.

And yeah, you are right. Prayer does make a huge difference!

Yeah thanks. On one hand I feel so helpless and really wish there was more I could do. On the other I'm just trying to spread the word to as many people as possible. She's still fighting herself so that's a very good sign. And as long as she's not giving up I sure as hell am not about to either. Thanks.

blitzed
10-09-2008, 12:30 PM
bump

plbrdude
10-09-2008, 01:07 PM
praying for your girlfriend and will continue to do so.
expect a miricle.

go bo
10-09-2008, 01:16 PM
prayers and good thoughts headed your way...

your lady looks a lot like one of my nieces...

stay strong for her...

Chiefnj2
10-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Prayers and best wishes sent your way.

I hope you and her family find the ex first for a few hours.

38yrsfan
10-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Prayers and hopes for her from myself and the family and from all those other lurkers out there as well.

blitzed
10-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Thanks again guys. She's still struggling but she continues to hang on.

Buck
10-09-2008, 02:58 PM
I said my prayers...

Can a mod sticky this thread? He shouldn't have to bump it.

alpha_omega
10-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Will do....hope everything works out for you.

Start posting more often when you get the time.

chop
10-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Already said a prayer. Keep us posted of her status.

badgirl
10-09-2008, 04:40 PM
My prayers will be with her, you and your families. Hang in there and have faith.

Please let us know how she is and keep us updated.

blitzed
10-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Already said a prayer. Keep us posted of her status.

Thanks. It's greatly appreciated!

She has had three surgeries so far. Two for a collapsed lung and one for her arm. She will still need at least a few more. She is still in a coma state but continues to hold on. Please continue to pray for her. The world is certainly better off with her in it.

SAUTO
10-09-2008, 05:56 PM
prayers coming at ya bro

Coach
10-09-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm a bit suprised that this isn't sticked....

blitzed
10-09-2008, 07:21 PM
I'm a bit suprised that this isn't sticked....

I would be very grateful if someone could make this happen. I don't mean to throw it in people's faces but I'm not exaggerating in the slightest when I say that this girl deserves all the support she can get. I'm just trying any way possible to get the word out to anyone and everyone I can. She's in a serious fight for her life and every single prayer helps that much more. Thank you all again.

Coach
10-09-2008, 07:34 PM
I would be very grateful if someone could make this happen. I don't mean to throw it in people's faces but I'm not exaggerating in the slightest when I say that this girl deserves all the support she can get. I'm just trying any way possible to get the word out to anyone and everyone I can. She's in a serious fight for her life and every single prayer helps that much more. Thank you all again.

Oh no, not at all. I can understand why you are asking for this. I did something similar when my Grandfather who suffered a heart attack. Although, different setting/situation, but still, you get the idea.

blitzed
10-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Would it be possible for a mod to sticky this? I know I'm obviously not known on the board, but Rebekah really needs all the prayers she can get. I would just like the opportunity for as many people as possible to see this.

Iowanian
10-09-2008, 08:54 PM
More people are answering your call, than answer these threads.

best of luck.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-09-2008, 11:11 PM
You've got every last one of them. So terrible. If there's a mod in the house can we get a sticky on this please? God bless her.

cookster50
10-10-2008, 06:35 AM
Here's to the ex's junk falling off and the ex being molested by Bubba in prison for the next 30 years. Prayers for the girlfriend.

blitzed
10-10-2008, 07:13 AM
Guys if you could continue to pray for Rebekah I would greatly appreciate it. She is still in a coma and is not breathing on her own yet. The doctors are still having a really hard time keeping her stable. They performed another operation on her chest late yesterday afternoon but she will still require a few more. She's a really tough girl but is in the biggest fight she's ever had and really needs all the prayer she can get. I love her with every ounce of my body and feel so helpless. I really just want as many people as possible to pray for her.

Braincase
10-10-2008, 07:15 AM
{Prayers}

Hope the asshat that did it gets prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Buck
10-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Wow, how could somebody seriously do something like that to a helpless person?

Again, I'm praying for her...

Mods, please sticky.

DaFace
10-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Mods, please sticky.

From a philosophical standpoint, I'd rather not in this case. I don't mean to be insensitive about the issue, and I certainly wish the girl the best of luck. If you'd care to discuss, please feel free to send me a PM rather than replying, as I don't want to hijack this thread if there is a need for discussion.

blitzed
10-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Wow, how could somebody seriously do something like that to a helpless person?

Again, I'm praying for her...

Mods, please sticky.

I've been asking myself that same question for the past few days now. I just don't get it. She is such a sweetheart too that she would never wish any physical harm on this guy. All she ever wanted was to be left alone.

Thanks for your prayers.

teedubya
10-10-2008, 11:58 AM
unreal. Sorry to hear about this. I am glad that he didn't throw her in a van and drive off... she probably wouldn't have been able to hang on.

Wow. Prayers to Rebekah. Death to Douchebag ex Boyfriend.

FAX
10-10-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm still a little confused about this. What, exactly, were her injuries, Mr. blitzed?

FAX

blitzed
10-10-2008, 12:42 PM
I'm still a little confused about this. What, exactly, were her injuries, Mr. blitzed?

FAX

Well I still don't know all the details myself yet as to exactly what happened. I do know she has a collapsed lung and trauma to the head. She was in the process of recovering from a car wreck in which her arm was previously broken. I really haven't tried to picture what happened too many times, but she's so tiny it wouldn't take much to get her to the ground. After that I would imagine that a**hole proceeded to kick her. Only reason I would guess that is one the collapsed lung and two that she probably had her arms up to protect herself hence the need for surgery on her arm. I hate even thinking about this, but he literally just pounded and pounded on her.

Buck
10-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Did they find her ex yet???

blitzed
10-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Did they find her ex yet???

Unfortunately no. They have all his information, but he lives in South Carolina so there's quite a bit of ground for the police to cover. He's an officer in the military and I'm sure used resources of our fine government to track her down. I have no evidence, but I would assume he is using these same resources to disappear at the moment. He has a couple kids that I would think he surely has to see eventually. He will slip up at some point, but they need to find him.

MIAdragon
10-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Unfortunately no. They have all his information, but he lives in South Carolina so there's quite a bit of ground for the police to cover. He's an officer in the military and I'm sure used resources of our fine government to track her down. I have no evidence, but I would assume he is using these same resources to disappear at the moment. He has a couple kids that I would think he surely has to see eventually. He will slip up at some point, but they need to find him.

Done, and if this is the case, they will have little problem finding him and Im sure the UCMJ will have a field day with the scumbag. Do you have pics/name of the pos?

blitzed
10-10-2008, 01:17 PM
Done, and if this is the case, they will have little problem finding him and Im sure the UCMJ will have a field day with the scumbag. Do you have pics/name of the pos?

I personally have no pictures, but I definitely know his name. The sad part is that Rebekah had told me she contacted his superiors several times to report his behavior and have them look into her suspicion that he was using government resources to find her. She said she was just laughed at and that they basically protected him. She has had him arrested several times before and each time he got off with little to no punishment. Someone was definitely looking out for him. It's just very sad really that it all had to come to this. As I previsouly mentioned, all she ever wanted was just to be left alone.

Phobia
10-10-2008, 01:37 PM
I personally have no pictures, but I definitely know his name. The sad part is that Rebekah had told me she contacted his superiors several times to report his behavior and have them look into her suspicion that he was using government resources to find her. She said she was just laughed at and that they basically protected him. She has had him arrested several times before and each time he got off with little to no punishment. Someone was definitely looking out for him. It's just very sad really that it all had to come to this. As I previsouly mentioned, all she ever wanted was just to be left alone.
I very seriously doubt this. The military doesn't take these types of accusations lightly. They'll garnish wages for support and punish severely for minor infractions, much less something more severe. I was forced to take a 6 week class for having a shouting match with my (at that time) wife while living on base housing.

In any case, I still wish her well. Just contesting the claim that the military would somehow protect one of their own. It's not like Hollywood.

blitzed
10-10-2008, 02:03 PM
I very seriously doubt this. The military doesn't take these types of accusations lightly. They'll garnish wages for support and punish severely for minor infractions, much less something more severe. I was forced to take a 6 week class for having a shouting match with my (at that time) wife while living on base housing.

In any case, I still wish her well. Just contesting the claim that the military would somehow protect one of their own. It's not like Hollywood.

I don't doubt that 99 times out of 100 this would be the case. However, I also have no doubts that what Rebekah told me is the absolute truth. He is fairly high up the ranks (soon to be E8) and my only guess is that may be the difference in this particular case. I was not in on the conversation itself, but I do know for a fact that she contacted his superiors and I do know that no punishments were handed down.

Sure-Oz
10-10-2008, 02:10 PM
I hope he got hit by a damn truck, sorry to hear...

I hope she gets better

MIAdragon
10-10-2008, 02:21 PM
I hope he got hit by a damn truck, sorry to hear...

I hope she gets better

Naa thats too easy, how about anal penetration with a cattle prod WHILE watching the 08 Chiefs and every Germ presser?

Phobia
10-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Naa thats too easy, how about anal penetration with a cattle prod WHILE watching the 08 Chiefs and every Germ presser?

Oh - brutal. I'll take just the anal with the prod, please.

Frazod
10-10-2008, 02:36 PM
I don't doubt that 99 times out of 100 this would be the case. However, I also have no doubts that what Rebekah told me is the absolute truth. He is fairly high up the ranks (soon to be E8) and my only guess is that may be the difference in this particular case. I was not in on the conversation itself, but I do know for a fact that she contacted his superiors and I do know that no punishments were handed down.

Sadly, you don't get that high up the food chain without having connections. I don't have any trouble believing this guy knows people who can make shit go away.

MIAdragon
10-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Sadly, you don't get that high up the food chain without having connections. I don't have any trouble believing this guy knows people who can make shit go away.

All too true.

Fairplay
10-10-2008, 04:58 PM
I am at a loss for words.

Prayers sent for her and her loved ones.

Buck
10-10-2008, 05:08 PM
You should put his name out there on the internet...just a suggestion.

JJONES23
10-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Unfortunately, being in the military at his rank can make it easier to disappear. We're working on finding him right now. We've come very close... That's my little sister, and like hell will I stand around watching her fight for her life and let the b@st@rd who did it get away with it.... Thank you all again for your support! It really means a lot.

MIAdragon
10-10-2008, 05:23 PM

Ive been asking for it.

Buck
10-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Unfortunately, being in the military at his rank can make it easier to disappear. What he doesn't realize is that my brother and I are also military, and can get the same access, or "pay the right people" We're working on finding him right now. We've come very close... and I promise you, he better be the one praying that WE don't find him before the police do. That's my little sister, and like hell will I stand around watching her fight for her life and let the b@st@rd who did it get away with it.... Thank you all again for your support! It really means a lot.

Hope your sister gets well JJONES

blitzed
10-10-2008, 05:38 PM

James Richardson. Goes by Jamie of all things. I'm 90% percent sure that Rebekah told me his middle name is Richard too. I just seem to remember her laughing about that.

MIAdragon
10-10-2008, 06:08 PM
James Richardson. Goes by Jamie of all things. I'm 90% percent sure that Rebekah told me his middle name is Richard too. I just seem to remember her laughing about that.

Army, Marines? Ahh I think its Army.

kcchiefsus
10-10-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm sorry to hear about all of this and my prayers go out to Rebekkah, her family, and friends. Not even knowing any of you this makes my blood boil. I can only hope this scumbag would be found and have 10 times the pain inflicted on him.

Bwana
10-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Done deal guys. I hope she recovers quickly and the douche bag that pulled this low test cowardly act, gets what's coming to him.

blitzed
10-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Army, Marines? Ahh I think its Army.

Winner winner chicken dinner

Dave Lane
10-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Good thoughts to you and her!!

Dave

blitzed
10-10-2008, 06:27 PM

I stand corrected. His last name is Richards not Richardson.

JJONES23
10-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Hope your sister gets well JJONES

thanks man.

MIAdragon
10-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner

Is he stationed in VA?

JJONES23
10-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Is he stationed in VA?

no, out of SC... I've got a good idea where he is... l

blitzed
10-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Is he stationed in VA?

No, to my knowledge he is in Charleston, SC. Not sure if you saw my correction but I gave you the wrong name. It's Richards not Richardson.

DJ's left nut
10-10-2008, 07:43 PM
no, out of SC... I've got a good idea where he is... like I said, my brother and I are going to find him first.... not everyone knows how to "work" for the government.

Friendly advice:

Delete posts to this effect if you actually intend to kick his ass. I'll do the same and delete any quotes referencing them.

I'm not telling you not to do it...shit I'm all in favor of it, but this isn't going to do anything but add 'premeditated' to anything that transpires...

My thoughts to you and your family/friends that have been hurt by this guy.

MIAdragon
10-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Friendly advice:

Delete posts to this effect if you actually intend to kick his ass. I'll do the same and delete any quotes referencing them.

I'm not telling you not to do it...shit I'm all in favor of it, but this isn't going to do anything but add 'premeditated' to anything that transpires...

My thoughts to you and your family/friends that have been hurt by this guy.

This.

blitzed
10-11-2008, 08:02 AM
Just want to thank you all again for your continued support and update you on Rebekah.

They finally caught that a**hole last night and, though I don't know the details, I at least feel good knowing he's one step closer to being assigned his inmate number. As far as Rebekah's health, she has finally been stabilized. However, she still is in a coma and still requires assistance breathing. The doctors performed an additional surgery on her arm last night as well.

Again I want to thank you all and would ask that you please continue to pray for Rebekah. Her recovery will be a lengthy process I am sure, but every little sign of improvement is very encouraging.

PhillyChiefFan
10-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Glad they caught the son of a bitch, I hope that he gets put away where HE can get his ass beat on a regular basis.

Also glad to hear she is getting better. Prayers you and Rebekah's way. Best wishes.

JuicesFlowing
10-11-2008, 10:21 AM
My sympathy and prayers to you and Rebekah, blitzed.

blitzed
10-11-2008, 06:25 PM
My sympathy and prayers to you and Rebekah, blitzed.

Thanks, as always it's greatly appreciated.

blitzed
10-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Just got bad news. They had to move Rebekah back to the ICU as a result of complications. Please continue to pray for God to give her strength. Thank you.

badgirl
10-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Just got bad news. They had to move Rebekah back to the ICU as a result of complications. Please continue to pray for God to give her strength. Thank you.

God, I am so sorry,prayers will continue to go up for you guys.

Buehler445
10-11-2008, 07:05 PM

I've been out for a few days and missed this thread. Sorry to hear about your situation. I'm glad they caught that sack of shit and hopefully he gets what's coming.

Prayers your way for Rebekah.

If anyone did this to my wife, lots of things would die. I don't know what all I would make dead, but it would be lots and lots of things.

DJ's left nut
10-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Hope things are trending in the right direction. Continued wishes your way.

Pushead2
10-14-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm so sorry. my thoughts are with her... such a shame. Glad they got the tool.

acasas4
10-14-2008, 10:55 AM
OMG I am so sorry to hear about this. Thoughts and prayers to you and your girlfriend.

blitzed
10-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Thank you so much for the continued support. Just wanted to provide an update as well. Bekah is still in a coma and still not breathing on her own. However, we did get an encouraging sign last night. It was bittersweet, but she tried to breathe last night. Her body couldn't handle it and she went in to respiratory shock, but none the less she tried and that is very encouraging. Please continue to pray for her if you could please. It's going to be a very long recovery but every little step forward is great news!

tooge
10-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Man, my deepest prayers and sympathy are with her. Where did this happen? Did they catch the loser that did it?

Extra Point
10-15-2008, 11:52 AM
I pray for her recovery and for a posse to kick that boy's teeth into his brain stem.

ClevelandBronco
10-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Good grief. Of course she and you will have my prayers, man.

blitzed
10-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Man, my deepest prayers and sympathy are with her. Where did this happen? Did they catch the loser that did it?

Thanks, it's greatly appreciated. It happened in Dallas. She is from there and had originally gone down to see her family. And yes, they finally caught the p.o.s. late Friday night.

Just got some additional news I thought I would share as well - she finally started breathing on her own this morning!!! It's another small step, but very encouraging. Now we just need her to wake up and we'll have a better idea of what she's up against for recovery.

kepp
10-15-2008, 12:07 PM
I just now saw this. Horrible. I'm glad they caught the guy. That's great that she's breathing on her own now...big step. Prayers are going her way...

Frankie
10-15-2008, 01:24 PM

Keep us informed please. We are rooting for her.

Buck
10-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Thats great news that she's starting to breathe on her own. Hopefully she keeps pushing until she's fully healthy.

blitzed
10-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Thats great news that she's starting to breathe on her own. Hopefully she keeps pushing until she's fully healthy.

Yeah I know. That news certainly made my day. Every little sign really is comforting. Plus it helps I know she's a very strong girl and way too stubborn to ever give up! :)

cookster50
10-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Whisper to her that when she regains full strength she gets to do whatever she wants to do to the ex while the ex is being held down. Revenge would be a good motivation :)

MyChiefConcern
10-15-2008, 01:47 PM
It's unbelievable, the depths to which some people will sink. Whatever this dirtbag gets, it won't be enough. Hopefully he's on his way to becoming someone's girlfriend in the pen.

Thoughts and prayers with you, Rebekah, and your families. Hang in there, bro.

Radar Chief
10-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Done deal on the prayers.

LocoChiefsFan
10-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Glad to hear she is breathing on her own finally. We'll keep praying for her.

RJ
10-15-2008, 04:10 PM
That's a terribly sad story. Best thoughts and wishes to Rebekah and for you as well. Be strong for her.

Coach
10-15-2008, 05:28 PM
I may get flamed for this, but the hell with it. As a Supreme Commander in Chief of Germ Warfare, I am ORDERING the Admins/Mods to sticky this.

The man and his love of life is going through some rough times right now, and he is asking for prayers/thoughts and it warrants a sticky. Is that too much to ask?

Hydrae
10-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Thanks, it's greatly appreciated. It happened in Dallas. She is from there and had originally gone down to see her family. And yes, they finally caught the p.o.s. late Friday night.

Just got some additional news I thought I would share as well - she finally started breathing on her own this morning!!! It's another small step, but very encouraging. Now we just need her to wake up and we'll have a better idea of what she's up against for recovery.

That is great news! Keep us posted both on how she is doing and any information on what is being done to the scumbag that did this.

memyselfI
10-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Prayers to her and her family. Please take care of yourself. The guy sounds very dangerous.

Coach
10-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Nice, I see two posts was deleted off of this thread, and yet it's still not sticked.

Come on, show the guy some respect, eh?

Phobia
10-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Nice, I see two posts was deleted off of this thread, and yet it's still not sticked.

Come on, show the guy some respect, eh?

Show some respect for the mods and PM them for the reason why it's not stickied like they asked early in the thread.

Pablo
10-15-2008, 10:57 PM
Show some respect for the mods and PM them for the reason why it's not stickied like they asked early in the thread.Yes.

Respect the almighty mods.

Coach
10-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Show some respect for the mods and PM them for the reason why it's not stickied like they asked early in the thread.

I have been showing them some respect and refrained myself from this until today, and I should also point out that BuckinKaeding, and several members in here has requested that this thread be sticked.

I'm sorry, but when a loved one of somebody gets beaten down like silly and it's life is on the line, and a person specifically asks for help/prayer/assistance (whatever you want to call it) and it gets brushed away? I'm sorry.

None of this "discussion" would have happened if they just simply sticked it, as several members has requested it. Simple as that.

I'm done with this issue.

And blitzed, I hope for good news.....

Phobia
10-15-2008, 11:46 PM
There's a prudent reason this thread hasn't been stuck. If you're interested in knowing why then PM DaFace. It took me roughly 10 seconds to compose the PM and another 10 seconds to review his response.

blitzed
10-16-2008, 06:12 AM
I have been showing them some respect and refrained myself from this until today, and I should also point out that BuckinKaeding, and several members in here has requested that this thread be sticked.

I'm sorry, but when a loved one of somebody gets beaten down like silly and it's life is on the line, and a person specifically asks for help/prayer/assistance (whatever you want to call it) and it gets brushed away? I'm sorry.

None of this "discussion" would have happened if they just simply sticked it, as several members has requested it. Simple as that.

I'm done with this issue.

And blitzed, I hope for good news.....

I certainly appreciate the support and would like the thread stickied myself. However, that being said, I did have a private conversation with DaFace some time last week and I understand his reasoning. I've had more response than I hoped for as it is and am content with continuously bumping this to the top as needed. :) Again, thanks for the full support though.

Frankie
10-16-2008, 07:48 AM

FANTASTIC news on both counts. I hope this guy will share a cell with a 300 Lb lifer named Bubba.

Chiefs=Champions
10-16-2008, 09:21 AM
Prayers are with you both.

JJONES23
10-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Thank you all for the support. My sister is still trying to get better. Docs say she should be waking up any day. The Scum bag is in a military prison being held not only for what he did to my sister, but for assaulting an MP officer, they're not letting him post bail. He'll be facing charges for attempted murder, and if we can get surveillance, it'll be an open, closed case. Thank you all again for thoughts and prayers, I know it's helping her keep fighting. I hope soon she can thank you all herself.

Coach
10-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Thank you all for the support. My sister is still trying to get better. Docs say she should be waking up any day. The Scum bag is in a military prison being held not only for what he did to my sister, but for assaulting an MP officer, they're not letting him post bail. He'll be facing charges for attempted murder, and if we can get surveillance, it'll be an open, closed case. Thank you all again for thoughts and prayers, I know it's helping her keep fighting. I hope soon she can thank you all herself.

Be sure to also try to get witnesses, if there were any present. The sooner the police takes their statements, the better it will be. Wouldn't want to wait out longer, where people's memory "mysteriously" forgets things, you know?

blitzed
10-17-2008, 08:09 PM
She's awake!!!! I'm so happy and relieved right now!!! I just got a random phone call and sure enough it was her on the other end. She was really out of it and complained that it hurt real bad to breathe but it was one of the greatest moments I've ever had to hear her sweet voice again.

Just want to thank everyone again for going out of their way to show us all support and include us in your prayers. God bless you all. It will still be a long recovery but you were a tremendous help just making it to this point.

Frankie
10-18-2008, 11:22 AM
She's awake!!!! I'm so happy and relieved right now!!! I just got a random phone call and sure enough it was her on the other end. She was really out of it and complained that it hurt real bad to breathe but it was one of the greatest moments I've ever had to hear her sweet voice again.

Just want to thank everyone again for going out of their way to show us all support and include us in your prayers. God bless you all. It will still be a long recovery but you were a tremendous help just making it to this point.

SUPER!

PBJ :clap: :) :thumb: :bravo:PBJ
:toast:

Buck
10-18-2008, 12:57 PM

THATS AWESOME!!!

Soon Enough she'll be fully recovered.

talastan
10-18-2008, 03:19 PM
God bless you and her as well my friend. Prayer is the best medicine IMO. Keep us updated on what happens. It always awesome to see God work his miracles!! :grovel: Now Lord about beating those Titans this Sunday....:D

Good Luck my friend and please keep posting!!!

Phobia
10-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Good deal. Fantastic news.

Now we're dispatching CSI Coach down there to finish collecting evidence and interviewing the witnesses.

badgirl
10-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Thought I'd bring this back to the front and find out if blitzed has any good news for us.

Jewish Rabbi
10-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Not to be an insensitive ass, but why did he start posting with two accounts?

DaFace
10-22-2008, 08:47 AM

It's two different people - the boyfriend and the brother.

You insensitive ass.

Sure-Oz
10-22-2008, 08:48 AM

I think one is the girl's brother and the thread starter is her BF

Btw-Great news, glad to hear she is getting better

blitzed
10-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Thought I'd bring this back to the front and find out if blitzed has any good news for us.

Nothing of real significance to report other than the fact that it does look very hopeful that Bekah will be able to make a full recovery. Doctors are saying that time is the only thing keeping her from that now. She's still having assistance with her breathing and can't really move yet. She can wiggle her toes, move her hands and fingers, and move her right arm a little, but that's about it. Doctors seem to think now that she has some damage to a couple vertabrae as well. Her memory is still playing tricks on her and she gets real confused at times. Sometimes she even struggles with her own name. But on the brighter side, every second, every minute, every hour, and every day that goes by she is closer to being better.

I've been talking to her on the phone regularly now (multiple times a day) and she's been in good spirits all things considered. She is such an amazingly strong person. She was actually the one telling me jokes the other night making me feel better :D.

I told her about this thread the other day too and about all the nice people that prayed for her. She had me read every post to her over the phone and asked that I deliver a message in return:

She said to thank everyone for their prayers and support. She was really touched. She asked me to request additional prayers; however, not for herself. She asks that you all would pray for her ex. She understands that he was wrong and wants him to go to prison for a long time, but she wants to ask God to give him the strength to move on. This girl seriously holds no hate in her heart and I look at it as a testament to what a good person she is. She asked me to request this a couple days ago but I've hesitated for obvious reasons. I can't forgive him as easily, but seeing this thread bumped to the top I figured it was a sign I should go ahead and do it.

Thank you all again.

blitzed
10-22-2008, 09:07 AM
It's two different people - the boyfriend and the brother.

You insensitive ass.

This :D

I could see the confusion I guess, but I am the boyfriend and JJONES23 is her brother. When everything first happened I posted prayer requests on a few different websites. He told me he wanted to see them. When I gave him this one he went ahead and registered and posted himself. I told him not to tell you guys he's a Cowboys fan though - OOPS! :)

badgirl
10-22-2008, 09:09 AM
wow blitzed that is great news!!! Let me ask you something, during the time this poor girl was being beaten in a mall parking lot didn't anyone see anything and off help? Surely people didn't just stand around I assume there were several people outside of a mall.

blitzed
10-22-2008, 09:16 AM
wow blitzed that is great news!!! Let me ask you something, during the time this poor girl was being beaten in a mall parking lot didn't anyone see anything and off help? Surely people didn't just stand around I assume there were several people outside of a mall.

Sadly no one has come forward yet. I would tend to agree with you and think that surely someone had to see this. For now though the police are only able to go with the surveillance footage. Bekah will obviously be the primary witness once her memory comes back to her. Because of her brain injury and just the trauma of the incident itself, she has no recollection of what happened. It should come back to her eventually but the timeline for that happening is uncertain. Poor girl certainly has nightmares about it though. She's called me a few times in the middle of the night terrified and in tears. All she says over and over is "He's here! He's here!". It's very sad really.

badgirl
10-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Sadly no one has come forward yet. I would tend to agree with you and think that surely someone had to see this. For now though the police are only able to go with the surveillance footage. Bekah will obviously be the primary witness once her memory comes back to her. Because of her brain injury and just the trauma of the incident itself, she has no recollection of what happened. It should come back to her eventually but the timeline for that happening is uncertain. Poor girl certainly has nightmares about it though. She's called me a few times in the middle of the night terrified and in tears. All she says over and over is "He's here! He's here!". It's very sad really.

Such a shame she has to live with this for the rest of her life, she is an exceptional person to forgive him I agree. I dont think I could. He has given her a life sentence and I hope he gets one.

blitzed
10-22-2008, 09:34 AM
Such a shame she has to live with this for the rest of her life, she is an exceptional person to forgive him I agree. I dont think I could. He has given her a life sentence and I hope he gets one.

Couldn't agree more. As I said earlier, I'm having a hard time forgiving him but I'm trying at Bekah's request. Her and I talked about this again last night for a little while and she just told me "If I can do it then so can you". Poor girl is such an angel.

badgirl
10-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Couldn't agree more. As I said earlier, I'm having a hard time forgiving him but I'm trying at Bekah's request. Her and I talked about this again last night for a little while and she just told me "If I can do it then so can you". Poor girl is such an angel.

God knows this and I am sure she is going to make a full recovery and God will help her to have the strength to move and one day her bad dreams will end. With a man in life like you to be there for her I am sure that will help her a lot. Best wishes to you both and her family.

blitzed
10-22-2008, 09:43 AM
God knows this and I am sure she is going to make a full recovery and God will help her to have the strength to move and one day her bad dreams will end. With a man in life like you to be there for her I am sure that will help her a lot. Best wishes to you both and her family.

You're absolutely right and again I thank you.

blitzed
10-27-2008, 01:19 PM
I hesitated to even bump this back to the top because I don't want to keep throwing this in people's faces, but we received some discouraging news today and could use some more prayer. Up until this point the doctors did not feel that Bekah was healthy enough for a CT scan. Well one was done Friday and we learned the results today. Bekah has a lot of internal bleeding in her head and her brain is swollen. The doctors are going to have to perform surgery to relieve the pressure. The type of operation is somewhat common with severe head injuries, but none the less it requires surgery on and around the brain so naturally poor Bekah is terrified. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pretty freaked out myself. So once again, if you all could continue to pray for God to give Bekah the strength to get through this and for the doctors to be an extension of his healing hands I would greatly appreciate it. The poor girl has fought so hard up until this point, but after today's news she is struggling to maintain hope.

Sure-Oz
10-27-2008, 01:21 PM
I hesitated to even bump this back to the top because I don't want to keep throwing this in people's faces, but we received some discouraging news today and could use some more prayer. Up until this point the doctors did not feel that Bekah was healthy enough for a CT scan. Well one was done Friday and we learned the results today. Bekah has a lot of internal bleeding in her head and her brain is swollen. The doctors are going to have to perform surgery to relieve the pressure. The type of operation is somewhat common with severe head injuries, but none the less it requires surgery on and around the brain so naturally poor Bekah is terrified. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pretty freaked out myself. So once again, if you all could continue to pray for God to give Bekah the strength to get through this and for the doctors to be an extension of his healing hands I would greatly appreciate it. The poor girl has fought so hard up until this point, but after today's news she is struggling to maintain hope.

No problem man, let us know how it goes...i couldn't imagine being in your shoes, i'd definetly have a ton on my mind, #1 probably killing that dipshit that hurt her in the first place, but continue doing what you're doing and keep her in good spirits, she's lucky to have you.

Buck
10-27-2008, 01:24 PM

Still praying for her.

Sounds like a pretty common procedure, everything should go fine.

Frankie
10-27-2008, 01:30 PM
When are they gonna operate?

smittysbar
10-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Prayers go out to her. Hope you and her family are doing good as well.

Can't pray for the Ex though, I hope he gets this 2 fold

Hydrae
10-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the updates. Will continue to pray for all involved (yes, even the ex I suppose). May God keep your strength up as you support her recovery.

blitzed
10-27-2008, 02:37 PM
When are they gonna operate?

Hasn't been determined yet. The doctor that spoke with Bekah said he was going to consult with another doctor just to get a second opinion before setting anything up. I didn't get to hear him myself, but Bekah said he was pretty certain this was going to have to happen.

I feel like such a broken record, but thanks again to everyone that continues to show support and pray for Bekah.

kc rush
10-27-2008, 02:50 PM
I've had so much going on that I hadn't seen this thread until today. You certainly have my prayers and well wishes.

Her health and well being are first and foremost, but I hope that the legal issues come to pass as well.