PDA

View Full Version : Football That's why you can't get too excited, Mizzou fans

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Everything can be gone in the blink of an eye. You program doesn't have enough experience in high-profile situations. This happens to teams every year. The things I've said lately, which you didn't like, should make sense now.

Buehler445
10-11-2008, 09:40 PM
In other news, NU played well, but still couldn't pull it out.

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 09:42 PM
In other news, NU played well, but still couldn't pull it out.

Does that make you feel better? NU played a close game when no one expected it.

Buehler445
10-11-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm no MU fan, chief.

keg in kc
10-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Yes, I'm sure Nebraska's being good a decade ago is really going to help them in 5 years when they're competitive again.

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Yes, I'm sure Nebraska's being good a decade ago is really going to help them in 5 years when they're competitive again.

My logic is making sense, eh?

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2008, 09:47 PM
An Open Letter To The Guy Who I Firmly Believed Was The Savior Of Nebraska Football Even After USC Undressed Them On National TV and Claimed The OkSt. Game Was A Trap Game After They Undressed Neb At Home And Still Wanted To Have His Love Child After TTU Ran Up 70 On Them.

Sam, there is some gum under a lot of the theater chairs. Get to work.

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 09:48 PM
You acted like you were on top of the world this week. Now look what happened.

Bearcat
It doesn't have anything to do with tradition... It has to do with parity, and the fact that OSU is a pretty good team. LSU lost by thirty tonight, and they live in the spotlight.

It was just another Saturday in the Big 12... one ranked team beat another ranked team.

luv

Does this pathetic thread make you feel better?

Sam Hall
An Open Letter To The Guy Who I Firmly Believed Was The Savior Of Nebraska Football Even After USC Undressed Them On National TV and Claimed The OkSt. Game Was A Trap Game After They Undressed Neb At Home And Still Wanted To Have His Love Child After TTU Ran Up 70 On Them.

Sam, there is some gum under a lot of the theater chairs. Get to work.

You have nothingROFL

luv
10-11-2008, 09:49 PM
You have nothingROFL

You've got tradition, see you in the 'ship.

Demonpenz
10-11-2008, 09:49 PM
bold prediction :Nebraska will be relevant by time Lawrence Phillips gets out of jail

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Does this pathetic thread make you feel better?

You're new when it comes to losing when you team is highly ranked. Sucks, doesn't it?

Pitt Gorilla
10-11-2008, 09:51 PM
You acted like you were on top of the world this week. Now look what happened.Really? I think most MU fans thought OSU would give us all we could handle (I posted as much several times on this site). MU lost to a solid OSU team and I'm looking forward to Texas next week. We should be ready to play.

smittysbar
10-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Sam Hall=Fucking dumbshit

luv
10-11-2008, 09:52 PM
You're new when it comes to losing when you team is highly ranked. Sucks, doesn't it?

It's even worse when you don't have tradition to fall back on. /sarcasm

Sam Hall
You've got tradition, see you in the 'ship.

Which is more than Mizzou has right now. You had something, but not anymore. Say bye-bye to the Heisman and national title shot.

WilliamTheIrish
You have nothingROFL

Sam, there isn't a soul on this board that gets routinely owned more than you. Especially by me. I put a ring in your nose and like a little (mini) Doberman I lead you around. All day. Every day.

Those seats won't clean themselves. Chop chop!

Pitt Gorilla
10-11-2008, 09:53 PM
You're new when it comes to losing when you team is highly ranked. Sucks, doesn't it?Every loss stinks.

Sure-Oz
10-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Sam is the new midnight dipshit, congrats

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Sam, there isn't a soul on this board that gets routinely owned more than you. Especially by me. I put a ring in your nose and like a little (mini) Doberman I lead you around. All day. Every day.

Those seats won't clean themselves. Chop chop!

73-31

Don't act like it doesn't matter.

OnTheWarpath15
10-11-2008, 09:56 PM
ROFL

I love how a Nebraska fan is trying to talk smack to you Missouri fans.

tk13
Well, at least you're not arrogant about this stuff.

WilliamTheIrish
73-31

Don't act like it doesn't matter.

It only matters to you. That's what is so funny.

Sam Hall
Sam is the new midnight dipshit, congrats

My allegiance to NU means you were never going to like me anyway.

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 09:58 PM
It only matters to you. That's what is so funny.

it burns at your soulROFL

OnTheWarpath15
10-11-2008, 09:58 PM

Really?

Bugeater and Alanm are Husker fans, and they are liked universally.

You're just a fucktard.

And I'm not even a Mizzou fan...

Sure-Oz
10-11-2008, 09:59 PM

Funny, there are other Nebraska fans on here and they don't act like a dipshit.

luv
Really?

You're just a fucktard.

This post has rep-worthy written all over it.

OnTheWarpath15
This post has rep-worthy written all over it.

Then bring it, sister.

:D

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Really?

You're just a ****tard.

You think they really like your team? They don't.

luv
Then bring it, sister.

:D

You checked faster than I could give it.

ChiefsCountry
Mizzou/Nebraska isnt the hate/death rivalry that KU is, unless you act like a tard.

Bearcat
10-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Which is more than Mizzou has right now. You had something, but not anymore. Say bye-bye to the Heisman and national title shot.

Give me a f***ing break... they lost to a ranked team, it's not like they're dropping out of the top 25 never to be heard from again. Mizzou could be back in the top 5 next week.

There's been some stupid shit on this board tonight. Time for bed.

OnTheWarpath15
10-11-2008, 10:02 PM
You think they really like your team? They don't.

Seeing as how I don't have a team, it would be hard to do.

However, as I've actually met Bug in person several times, I guarantee you this:

I could root for Nebraska's biggest rival, and he wouldn't be 0.00001 the fucking retard you are.

Dude has class. You could use a lesson or 50.

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 10:13 PM
You guys throw crap on me and I'll throw it back just as hard.

It's only fair.

OnTheWarpath15
10-11-2008, 10:14 PM
You guys throw crap on me and I'll throw it back just as hard.

It's only fair.

:spock:

Who threw crap on you? YOU started this thread.

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 10:17 PM
:spock:

Who threw crap on you? YOU started this thread.

This goes well beyond one thread.

OnTheWarpath15
10-11-2008, 10:19 PM

Oh yeah, the thread where you made an ass out of yourself because you were butthurt about your Huskers getting ass-raped by Mizzou in Lincoln...

Again, a thread YOU started.

Bad decision on your part.

Apparently your incapable of learning from your mistakes.

KcMizzou
10-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Holy shit.

Sam Hall defines "butt hurt"

OnTheWarpath15
10-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Holy shit.

See above post.

Funny we both used the same word within seconds of each other to describe him...

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Holy shit.

You were pretty excited this week. Way to follow up your win against a bad Nebraska team.

Sure-Oz
10-11-2008, 10:23 PM
You were pretty excited this week. Way to follow up your win against a bad Nebraska team.

How'd Nebraska do tonight?

luv
10-11-2008, 10:24 PM

What fan isn't excited after a win?

Sure-Oz
10-11-2008, 10:25 PM

You're only allowed to be excited when you have a tradition of winning like 10 years ago

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 10:26 PM
How'd Nebraska do tonight?

A lot better than anyone expected. Nobody expected a win.

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 10:27 PM

Sure, but it was almost Mizzou Week on the board.

luv
10-11-2008, 10:27 PM
You're only allowed to be excited when you have a tradition of winning like 10 years ago

Ah, I see. I still have so much to learn.

Sure-Oz
10-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Sure, but it was almost Mizzou Week on the board.

What do you expect man, there is alot of Mizzou fans here, and KU respectively.

KcMizzou
10-11-2008, 10:29 PM
You're only allowed to be excited when you have a tradition of winning like 10 years agoOr 20... that's even better.

You know what? "Tradition" is for fans who's team cant win "today". I mean, if you suck... but your team used to win a lot.... hold onto it. Call it tradition...

That's fine with me. Meanwhile, we'll be kicking the shit out of you.

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 10:33 PM
What do you expect man, there is alot of Mizzou fans here, and KU respectively.

Mizzou fans made that win more dramatic than it was. I don't expect to see the authentic jerseys thread bumped this week.

luv
10-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Mizzou fans made that win more dramatic than it was. I don't expect to see the authentic jerseys thread bumped this week.

You really have a sore spot for Mizzou, don't you?

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 10:53 PM
I have a sore spot for Nebraska just like all the other Mizzou fans.

FYP

KcMizzou
10-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Mizzou fans made that win more dramatic than it was. I don't expect to see the authentic jerseys thread bumped this week.This loss sucks... but Mizzou's fan base doesn't live or die over one loss... or how they do vs. ****ing Nebraska.

There are some very cool Husker fans out there. (Bugeater, for one.)

The thing is... it's not that husker fans are so bad. It's that you are. Seriously... it's personal. You're an epic bitch... the likes of which have rarely been seen on the intarwebs. Your vagina's been bleeding all over this site for two weeks... It's time to take your cramps out on your boyfriend. I'm sick of hearing about it.

alanm
Let it go. The time has come and past. :shake:

chiefs1111
Holy shit.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

luv
10-11-2008, 10:57 PM
This loss sucks... but Mizzou's fan base doesn't live or die over one loss... or how they do vs. fucking Nebraska.

The thing is... it's not that husker fans are so bad. It's that you are. Seriously... it's personal. You're an epic bitch... the likes of which have rarely been seen on the intarwebs. Your vagina's been bleeding all over this site for two weeks... It's time to take your cramps out on your boyfriend.

:eek:

Wow.

LMAO

KcMizzou
10-11-2008, 10:59 PM
:eek:

Wow.

LMAOI mean that. Sam Hall's a fucking tool.

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 11:01 PM
I mean that. Sam Hall's a ****ing tool.

It's simple: We cheer for different teams in the same division. It's not going to be pretty. There's plenty of history, past and present.

luv
10-11-2008, 11:04 PM
It's simple: We cheer for different teams in the same division. It's not going to be pretty. There's plenty of history, past and present.

Give it up, man. And I'm not saying that as Mizzou fan.

Sure-Oz
10-11-2008, 11:06 PM
This loss sucks... but Mizzou's fan base doesn't live or die over one loss... or how they do vs. ****ing Nebraska.

The thing is... it's not that husker fans are so bad. It's that you are. Seriously... it's personal. You're an epic bitch... the likes of which have rarely been seen on the intarwebs. Your vagina's been bleeding all over this site for two weeks... It's time to take your cramps out on your boyfriend. I'm sick of hearing about it.
So damn sad and true that it had to come to this

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Give it up, man. And I'm not saying that as Mizzou fan.

I'm not afraid to say things people don't want to hear.

luv
10-11-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm not afraid to say things people don't want to hear.

It's just that you really are coming across as a cry baby. Some bitter, pathetic person. Be above it.

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 11:08 PM
This loss sucks... but Mizzou's fan base doesn't live or die over one loss... or how they do vs. ****ing Nebraska.

You forget that I said Mizzou would destroy NU. It's in the game thread.

KcMizzou
10-11-2008, 11:09 PM
I'm not afraid to say things people don't want to hear.You're not afraid to say things that are completely fucking stupid either.

I'd like to hear more stories about your "tradition"....

Skip Towne
10-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Or 20... that's even better.

You know what? "Tradition" is for fans who's team cant win "today". I mean, if you suck... but your team used to win a lot.... hold onto it. Call it tradition...

That's fine with me. Meanwhile, we'll be kicking the shit out of you.

What's happened to you? You used to be the one good MU fan?

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 11:10 PM
It's just that you really are coming across as a cry baby. Some bitter, pathetic person. Be above it.

It's much more about Mizzou fans disagreeing with what I'm saying. It's OK.

luv
10-11-2008, 11:12 PM
You forget that I said Mizzou would destroy NU. It's in the game thread.

Yes, you said it. Cool. But it's like you can't stand that your team has gone so downhill. You have to find anyway possible to try to not just bring Mizzou down a notch, but to where they're beneath NU. That's just not the case right now. Accept it.

KcMizzou
10-11-2008, 11:12 PM
What's happened to you? You used to be the one good MU fan?Shhhh... Sam Hall's been begging for it.

I didn't see Bugeater crying for a full week about tradition, and all that shit.

Saulbadguy
10-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Shhhh... Sam Hall's been begging for it.

I didn't see Bugeater crying for a full week about tradition, and all that shit.

Bugeater isn't an idiot. I don't even know if KU has a fan like Sam Hall on this board. He is a masochist, that is for sure.

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Yes, you said it. Cool. But it's like you can't stand that your team has gone so downhill. You have to find anyway possible to try to not just bring Mizzou down a notch, but to where they're beneath NU. That's just not the case right now. Accept it.

I wanted to give Mizzou fans a little perspective. I think they understand it now.

KcMizzou
10-11-2008, 11:20 PM
Skip...

I like to be above "all that", but Sam's brought the worst out of me.

Seriously... who does this guy think he is? Tradition? That's for teams who dont win. Now.

He acts like a 52-17 win meant nothing... yet he's always yapping about it. He made sure to start a thread when Mizzou lost.

Saulbadguy
10-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Sam Hall is what i'd imagine Mecca would have been like in the Paul Hackett years at U$C, except Sam is much much worst. I can't imagine getting this bent out of shape for a team that he cherry picked.

luv
10-11-2008, 11:23 PM
I wanted to give Mizzou fans a little perspective. I think they understand it now.

Perspective, huh? Mizzou has lost one game to a ranked team. Exactly what perspective are you attempting to give?

Skip Towne
10-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Skip...

Seriously... who does this guy think he is? Tradition? That's for teams who dont win. Now.

He acts like a 52-17 win meant nothing... yet he's always yapping about it. He made sure to start a thread when Mizzou lost.

I think he is 16 years old. Certainly not enough to get you all riled up.

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Skip...

It was a conference road win against a bad team. It's wasn't big enough to warrant a magazine cover and people going crazy over authentic jerseys. Especially with much tougher games ahead. The fans made it a bigger deal than the team.

KcMizzou
10-11-2008, 11:27 PM
I think he is 16 years old. Certainly not enough to get you all riled up.Oh... alright, then. :)

Saulbadguy

He is in college at some Division 2 school in Missouri if I recall correctly. He used to be a ticket taker at a movie theater, but now I think he may be trying to get a journalism degree.

This may be all wrong but I am positive about the ticket taker thing, and the fact that he did not go to Nebraska for college, even though he lives vicariously through the football program.

tk13
I'd like to interrupt this thread to bring you this week's Sam Hall power poll:

1. Notre Dame
2. Nebraska
3. Michigan
4. USC
5. Minnesota

As always, brought to you by Ben Franklin's Kite Factory. Ben Franklin's Kite Factory, why settle for a new, inexperienced kite when you can have one with tradition?

KcMizzou
10-11-2008, 11:28 PM
It was a conference road win against a bad team. It's wasn't big enough to warrant a magazine cover and people going crazy over authentic jerseys. Especially with much tougher games ahead. The fans made it a bigger deal than the team.Dude... we're Mizzou fans...

We haven't had much of anything to cheer for, for decades...

Saulbadguy
10-11-2008, 11:29 PM
It was a conference road win against a bad team. It's wasn't big enough to warrant a magazine cover and people going crazy over authentic jerseys. Especially with much tougher games ahead. The fans made it a bigger deal than the team.

Now this statement is somewhat true. Mizzou was a preseason Top 10 and I thought they'd do very well this season, but it did bring in alot of bandwagon-ish behavior, but that is something that happens with any successful team.

Are you just mad that MU football became a topic of conversation on this board and no one paid attention to the mighty Huskers? I think if the Chiefs were winning it wouldn't be as big of a deal but you gotta throw people a bone once in a while.

KcMizzou
10-11-2008, 11:31 PM

1. Notre Dame
2. Nebraska
3. Michigan
4. USC
5. Minnesota

As always, brought to you by Ben Franklin's Kite Factory. Ben Franklin's Kite Factory, why settle for a new, inexperienced kite when you can have one with tradition?LMAO

tk13 rocks.

Seriously... the guy always makes sense.

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 11:34 PM
LMAO

tk13 rocks.

Seriously... the guy always makes sense.

Better keep winning because it's not easy on the way down.

Saulbadguy
10-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Better keep winning because it's not easy on the way down.

Especially when your athletic department is headed up by a senile old codger with no idea what the hell he is doing.

chagrin
10-11-2008, 11:35 PM

LMAO

Is that your response?

chagrin
10-11-2008, 11:36 PM

1. Notre Dame
2. Nebraska
3. Michigan
4. USC
5. Minnesota

As always, brought to you by Ben Franklin's Kite Factory. Ben Franklin's Kite Factory, why settle for a new, inexperienced kite when you can have one with tradition?

Thanks for reminding me that Michigan stinks for now and the foreseeable future

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 11:37 PM
LMAO

Is that your response?

Did you expect NU to win?

Saulbadguy
10-11-2008, 11:37 PM

Michigan will be ok - they have a good coach.

Nebraska and Minnesota...not so much.

Jury is out on Notre Dame, it seems they have improved from last year.

tk13
10-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Seriously, Yale won 8 championships back in the 1880's. I bet they wouldn't have folded like a tent in the 4th quarter against OSU tonight.

Mecca
10-11-2008, 11:38 PM
You know who's gonna be good...North Carolina, Butch Davis is awesome on the college level.

tk13
10-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Well, I didn't mean it like that... haha.. USC is good, and Minnesota is really having a good year. I just tried to pick some random team that had a bunch of championships from 70 years ago.

Saulbadguy
10-11-2008, 11:40 PM
You know who's gonna be good...North Carolina, Butch Davis is awesome on the college level.

Agreed.

Skip Towne
10-11-2008, 11:40 PM
He is in college at some Division 2 school in Missouri if I recall correctly. He used to be a ticket taker at a movie theater, but now I think he may be trying to get a journalism degree.

This may be all wrong but I am positive about the ticket taker thing, and the fact that he did not go to Nebraska for college, even though he lives vicariously through the football program.

Hey, thanks for that. It sounds exactly like somebody I know.

Saulbadguy
10-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Hey, thanks for that. It sounds exactly like somebody I know.
Type find Chuck Norris in Google and hit I'm feeling lucky

ROFL

DeezNutz
10-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Seriously, Yale won 8 championships back in the 1880's. I bet they wouldn't have folded like a tent in the 4th quarter against OSU tonight.

Might of pitched a tent looking at the Golden Girls, though.

tk13
10-11-2008, 11:43 PM
You aren't kidding. Even this year... it's not insane to think they could run the table from here on out. Then where will they be in the rankings?

Skip Towne
10-11-2008, 11:44 PM

I saw a site that listed the all time winningest college football teams the other day. Surprisingly, North Carolina was listed. I think they were 25th but still.

Mecca
10-11-2008, 11:46 PM
You aren't kidding. Even this year... it's not insane to think they could run the table from here on out. Then where will they be in the rankings?

Considering what the ACC has become it wouldn't be hard for them to become the team to beat there...plus you add in his Florida roots in recruiting....

Sam Hall
10-11-2008, 11:47 PM
I saw a site that listed the all time winningest college football teams the other day. Surprisingly, North Carolina was listed. I think they were 25th but still.

YOU KNOW WHO WAS 3RD!!!!!11!!!!1111!!!!!

tk13
10-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Might of pitched a tent looking at the Golden Girls, though.
Screw it, I'm calling it now.

BCS Title game

Yale 6
Nebraska 4

Nebraska takes the lead in the 4th quarter due to their 2nd safety of the game. But Yale's experience and tradition serve them well as their 137 year old QB leads them down the field for the winning FG, becoming the first team in decades to win without throwing a forward pass. After the game, everybody goes out for a round of milkshakes and calculus tutoring.

Deberg_1990
10-12-2008, 12:32 AM
Relax Mizzou fans...theres always the Alamo Bowl. :)

KcMizzou
10-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Relax Mizzou fans...theres always the Alamo Bowl. :)I know where you live.

Pablo
10-12-2008, 12:44 AM
I was an obnoxious ass as long as I could be tonight.

By the third quarter I began to believe my 3 MU friends would murder me if I cheered for OSU one more time. So I cut it out.

Great game to watch though.

suds79
10-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Does this mean we can officially write off the Chase Daniel homers who think he's draft worthy? :rolleyes:

Just curious.

Pablo
10-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Does this mean we can officially write off the Chase Daniel homers who think he's draft worthy? :rolleyes:

Just curious.He's draft-worthy.

In the 5th round, that is.

The Bad Guy
10-12-2008, 12:59 AM
I'm not a Mizzou fan, but I don't have to be to see how much of a dumb cocksucker you are.

Keep on living through the Nebraska teams from the early 90s. No one gives a shit about them.

Bugeater
10-12-2008, 08:06 AM
I'm not a Mizzou fan, but I don't have to be to see how much of a dumb one who sucks the penis you are.

Keep on living through the Nebraska teams from the early 90s. No one gives a shit about them.

I'm not so sure about that, there is still a lot of butthurt among MU and KU fans regarding the ass kickings those teams used to lay upon them. I've always found it amusing how the past doesn't matter when it comes to our trophy case, but it DOES matter when it comes to revenge for those beatdowns. You can't have it both ways.

Sam Hall
10-12-2008, 08:24 AM
I'm not so sure about that, there is still a lot of butthurt among MU and KU fans regarding the ass kickings those teams used to lay upon them. I've always found it amusing how the past doesn't matter when it comes to our trophy case, but it DOES matter when it comes to revenge for those beatdowns. You can't have it both ways.

thank you

TEX
10-12-2008, 08:25 AM
HOOK 'EM HORNS!

Sam Hall
10-12-2008, 08:26 AM
The sun did come up this morning and life goes on.

What happened last night happens every year. Parity has been good to Mizzou. Now you see the bad side.

Bugeater
10-12-2008, 08:39 AM
thank you

If that's what you were getting at with your thread last week, then I grossly misunderstood it, plus it shouldn't have been directed solely to Mizzou fans as KU fans are just as guilty of it. Not that either of them are going to change their ways anyway...

Brock
10-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Sorry if our celebrations offend you, Big 8 Royalty. We'll try to hold it down and also not drop 70 on you again.

OnTheWarpath15
10-12-2008, 09:04 AM
Sorry if our celebrations offend you, Big 8 Royalty. We'll try to hold it down and also not drop 70 on you again.

ROFL

KcMizzou
10-12-2008, 09:06 AM
Sorry if our celebrations offend you, Big 8 Royalty. We'll try to hold it down and also not drop 70 on you again.Heh. :clap:

Bugeater
10-12-2008, 09:07 AM
That might be funny had Mizzou ever actually dropped 70 on Nebraska, but why let any pesky facts get in the way of your fun.

KcMizzou
10-12-2008, 09:09 AM
That might be funny had Mizzou ever actually dropped 70 on Nebraska, but why let any pesky facts get in the way of your fun.He's a KU fan.

Bugeater
10-12-2008, 09:10 AM
He's a KU fan.

Ah, then I stand corrected, however he should wait for Sam's upcoming "That's why you can't get too excited, KU fans" thread for that comment.

Saulbadguy
10-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Ah, then I stand corrected, however he should wait for Sam's upcoming "That's why you can't get too excited, KU fans" thread for that comment.

Sam is an excellent window in to the world of the average Husker fan. Sorry Bugeater, but you can't deny that.

Bugeater
10-12-2008, 09:16 AM
Sam is an excellent window in to the world of the average Husker fan. Sorry Bugeater, but you can't deny that.

Eh, there are some that are far worse than him, but they don't post here.

Bowser
10-12-2008, 09:22 AM
That is one chapped ass you have, Sam.

luv
10-12-2008, 09:29 AM
Eh, there are some that are far worse than him, but they don't post here.

It's like he's trying to teach us some proper way to be a fan. Don't get too excited when you win, because you could lose next week. No shit, really?

KChiefs1
10-12-2008, 10:43 AM
You have nothingROFL

SCOREBOARD:

Ass-pounded

MU - 52
NU - 17

ROFL

KChiefs1
10-12-2008, 10:46 AM

:clap:

alanm
10-12-2008, 10:58 AM
I think we have a most excellent chance of beating Iowa St. next weekend. :thumb:

Bowser
10-12-2008, 10:59 AM
I think we have a most excellent chance of beating Iowa St. next weekend. :thumb:

JINX!!

smittysbar
10-12-2008, 11:02 AM

Poor guy STFU

Bugeater
10-12-2008, 11:17 AM
SCOREBOARD:

Ass-pounded

MU - 52
NU - 17

ROFL

SCOREBOARD:

1979 23 20
1980 38 16
1981 6 0
1982 23 19
1983 34 13
1984 33 23
1985 28 20
1986 48 17
1987 42 7
1988 26 18
1989 50 7
1990 69 21
1991 63 6
1992 34 24
1993 49 7
1994 42 7
1995 57 0
1996 51 7
1997 45 38
1998 20 13
1999 40 10
2000 42 24
2001 36 3
2002 24 13
2004 24 3
2006 34 20

ROFL

Bowser
10-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Don't be a Sam Hall, Bug.

Sure-Oz
10-12-2008, 11:18 AM
All hail Nebraska, the rest of the big 12 should give up honestly

Bugeater
10-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Don't be a Sam Hall, Bug.
You should tell some of your Mizzou fan brethren the same.

Bowser
10-12-2008, 11:20 AM

OK.

Don't be a Sam Hall, Mizzou brethren.

Bugeater
10-12-2008, 11:21 AM
OK.

Don't be a Sam Hall, Mizzou brethren.
K THX. :thumb:

Sure-Oz
10-12-2008, 11:22 AM

Hey man, i had no problem with nebraska until Mr Hall decided to try to piss on everyones cheerios in his thread after the Nebraska loss

Bugeater
10-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Hey man, i had no problem with nebraska until Mr Hall decided to try to piss on everyones cheerios in his thread after the Nebraska loss

You shouldn't have a problem with Nebraska because of that, you should have a problem with Mr. Hall.

luv
10-12-2008, 11:25 AM
You shouldn't have a problem with Nebraska because of that, you should have a problem with Mr. Hall.

We love you, Bugeater. Don't worry. :)

Sure-Oz
10-12-2008, 11:26 AM

Agreed...

Bugeater
10-12-2008, 11:28 AM
We love you, Bugeater. Don't worry. :)

Honestly, I should know better than to even click on to these threads.

Bowser
10-12-2008, 11:29 AM
K THX. :thumb:

Skip Towne
10-12-2008, 11:31 AM

Me too but it's like a car wreck. You have to look.

luv
10-12-2008, 11:32 AM

I think we should all learn not to click on Sam Hall threads.

Bugeater
10-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Me too but it's like a car wreck. You have to look.

The problem is that I can't limit myself to just looking, I have to careen directly into the pileup at full speed.

Skip Towne
10-12-2008, 11:40 AM
The problem is that I can't limit myself to just looking, I have to careen directly into the pileup at full speed.

You actually do pretty well considering the number of cars in the pileup.

Bowser
10-12-2008, 11:43 AM
You actually do pretty well considering the number of cars in the pileup.

He can't even run into the pile correctly. Heh.

Sam Hall
10-12-2008, 04:30 PM
If that's what you were getting at with your thread last week, then I grossly misunderstood it, plus it shouldn't have been directed solely to Mizzou fans as KU fans are just as guilty of it. Not that either of them are going to change their ways anyway...

It's really the point of everything I've been saying. Nobody can take away what NU and MU have accomplished, past and present. Mizzou has come a long way since the beginning of 2007. One loss isn't the end of the world. Their recent success matters, just like the Huskers' trophy case.

I've never had a big problem with KU fans. It's always been K-State and now Mizzou. I think my relationship with Mizzou fans can be rectified.

triple
10-12-2008, 04:31 PM
reasons for missouri fans to get excited >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> reasons for nebraska fans to get excited

Sam Hall
10-12-2008, 04:48 PM
It's all dumb stuff to be arguing about. One team is hot and the other is rebuilding. The series has always been that way. Except the roles have been flipped.

Mizzou is the new kid on the block. Tigers' fans are like a kid getting yelled at by his mom. They don't want to hear it, but they understand it. It's OK because they learn from it.

All the smack is fair. You give a little and get a little. I don't mind being outnumbered. Hopefully we can all move on now.

triple
10-12-2008, 04:51 PM
so what's the point of the thread then? I don't remember anyone making one about texas tech. the only conceivable point is that your pride got hurt last week and want to be spiteful about it. whatever.

Sam Hall
10-12-2008, 04:53 PM
so what's the point of the thread then? I don't remember anyone making one about texas tech. the only conceivable point is that your pride got hurt last week and want to be spiteful about it. whatever.

You're showing your true colors.

Sam Hall
10-12-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm sticking to what I said in posts 145 and 147. I hope we can all chill out and move on.

bowener
10-12-2008, 05:02 PM

If not, he has not progressed much mentally after that age. Please note his avatar and signature... he idolaizes a fictional character from batman.

Sam Hall
10-12-2008, 05:04 PM
If not, he has not progressed much mentally after that age. Please note his avatar and signature... he idolaizes a fictional character from batman.

You're showing your true colors.

luv
10-12-2008, 05:17 PM
It's all dumb stuff to be arguing about. One team is hot and the other is rebuilding. The series has always been that way. Except the roles have been flipped.

Mizzou is the new kid on the block. Tigers' fans are like a kid getting yelled at by his mom. They don't want to hear it, but they understand it. It's OK because they learn from it.

All the smack is fair. You give a little and get a little. I don't mind being outnumbered. Hopefully we can all move on now.

Yes. It's dumb. Quit starting it. We'll move on as soon as you decide to. Actually, though, I'm wondering what kind of thread you'll be starting next week.

Sam Hall
10-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Yes. It's dumb. Quit starting it. We'll move on as soon as you decide to. Actually, though, I'm wondering what kind of thread you'll be starting next week.

I moved on several posts ago. So can you.

It goes without saying what you're up against next week.

teedubya
10-12-2008, 05:23 PM
I liked Sam Hall better when he had a Johnny Cash avatar.

Sam Hall
10-12-2008, 05:32 PM
I liked Sam Hall better when he had a Johnny Cash avatar.

Do you like Scarlett Johansson?

alanm
10-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Do you like Scarlett Johansson?Only if she's naked.

Sam Hall
10-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Only if she's naked.

OK, but she's an absolute babe no matter what.

Saulbadguy
10-12-2008, 10:50 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?page=notebook/gamedayFinal087&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1

During the past seven seasons, 63 of the 65 BCS conference teams have beaten a team ranked higher than 20th in the AP poll. Indiana and Syracuse have done it. Iowa State and Washington State have done it. Stanford, Vanderbilt and even Baylor have done it. Just two teams have not.

One of them is the Duke Blue Devils, and that should come as no surprise to anyone who has followed college football at any point in the past 70 years. But the other? Oh, the other is a whole different story altogether. That second team is the mighty Nebraska Cornhuskers, a program that is steeped in tradition and ruled most of the 1990s with an iron fist. Unless you're a faithful reader of the Omaha World-Herald, it's unlikely you guessed that one.

But it's true. Since beating old rival Oklahoma in a No. 2 vs. No. 3 showdown in October 2001, Nebraska's highest-ranked victim has been No. 20 Michigan in the 2005 Alamo Bowl. So, starting with a 62-36 wipeout at the hands of Colorado on Thanksgiving weekend seven years ago, the Huskers are 0-19 against the top 19. Let that one sink in for a second: Nebraska and Duke are the only two major conference teams that can't beat a team ranked higher than 20th.

Some (Oregon and Colorado fans come to mind) might argue that karma is coming back to get the Huskers after they sneaked into the 2001 national title game even though they didn't reach the Big 12 title game. Whatever the case may be, the streak -- one that spans the tenures of three different head coaches -- is no fluke. Saturday's close loss at Texas Tech was more the exception than the rule. In those 19 losses, the average score has been 37-19.

Saulbadguy
10-12-2008, 10:53 PM
1997 45 38

Heh.

Bugeater
10-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Saw that article the other day, I didn't need it to tell me that we've been pathetic the last six years. Christ, I think karma has made it's fucking point already.

Sam Hall
10-12-2008, 11:05 PM
I think it will take four years to have an idea where Pelini's rebuild is going. Pelini was asked during a conference call about how much talent he inherited. The phone line went silent. They're winning when they should and losing when they should. It will be that way for a couple years. The conference is loaded.

Bugeater
10-12-2008, 11:14 PM
I think it will take four years to have an idea where Pelini's rebuild is going. Pelini was asked during a conference call about how much talent he inherited. The phone line went silent. They're winning when they should and losing when they should. It will be that way for a couple years. The conference is loaded.
There's really no excuse for Saturday's loss, the game was practically handed to us with the missed XP in OT, and we couldn't close the deal. Just like with UT in '06 and TTU in '05. I don't get it.

El Jefe
10-13-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm not piling on here, but I have a few thoughts on the game. OK ST is a very good team, and had it together that game. I was very unimpressed by Chase Daniel, I thought his last two picks were terrible terrible throws. I was expecting a Heisman clip from the last drive when he had the game in his hands, and he choked. I thought Mizzou abandoned the run a little early. Very good game for OK St, I left very unimpressed with Mizzou, a team that I thought would be in the National Championship game. I think Mizzou is gonna be in for a long long game against Texas, who shocked me.

CoMoChief
10-13-2008, 02:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?page=notebook/gamedayFinal087&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos1

During the past seven seasons, 63 of the 65 BCS conference teams have beaten a team ranked higher than 20th in the AP poll. Indiana and Syracuse have done it. Iowa State and Washington State have done it. Stanford, Vanderbilt and even Baylor have done it. Just two teams have not.

One of them is the Duke Blue Devils, and that should come as no surprise to anyone who has followed college football at any point in the past 70 years. But the other? Oh, the other is a whole different story altogether. That second team is the mighty Nebraska Cornhuskers, a program that is steeped in tradition and ruled most of the 1990s with an iron fist. Unless you're a faithful reader of the Omaha World-Herald, it's unlikely you guessed that one.

But it's true. Since beating old rival Oklahoma in a No. 2 vs. No. 3 showdown in October 2001, Nebraska's highest-ranked victim has been No. 20 Michigan in the 2005 Alamo Bowl. So, starting with a 62-36 wipeout at the hands of Colorado on Thanksgiving weekend seven years ago, the Huskers are 0-19 against the top 19. Let that one sink in for a second: Nebraska and Duke are the only two major conference teams that can't beat a team ranked higher than 20th.

Some (Oregon and Colorado fans come to mind) might argue that karma is coming back to get the Huskers after they sneaked into the 2001 national title game even though they didn't reach the Big 12 title game. Whatever the case may be, the streak -- one that spans the tenures of three different head coaches -- is no fluke. Saturday's close loss at Texas Tech was more the exception than the rule. In those 19 losses, the average score has been 37-19.

ROFL Owned.

CoMoChief
10-13-2008, 02:42 PM
My thoughts about the game.

I stated in several posts that if can't stop their running game, it would be a close game.

However I did not think MU would lose.....esp playing at home.

Pinkel not going for it on 4th down set the tone of the game as his true conservative colors came out. I never did understand why he didn't go for it. At worst, we score nothing, and put them in the worst possible field position and make them go 99 yds for the score, which would have been more than kicking off to them and them returning it 20+ yds or so. Dumb decision.....you're at home.....crowd going nuts.....you go for it. Pinkel I would have thought at least, would have had more confidence in his Oline.

Just FYI, that wasn't a incomplete pass. It was a fumble. The guy was making a football move and the ball popped out.

But mostly, MU Dline couldnt stop the run, secondary couldnt cover.......they lost.

That being said I don't think OSU is the better team......they just were that night when it mattered. MU must win at TX to get back into the NC hunt.

Skip Towne
10-13-2008, 02:54 PM
I'm not piling on here, but I have a few thoughts on the game. OK ST is a very good team, and had it together that game. I was very unimpressed by Chase Daniel, I thought his last two picks were terrible terrible throws. I was expecting a Heisman clip from the last drive when he had the game in his hands, and he choked. I thought Mizzou abandoned the run a little early. Very good game for OK St, I left very unimpressed with Mizzou, a team that I thought would be in the National Championship game. I think Mizzou is gonna be in for a long long game against Texas, who shocked me.

You misspelled misspelled.