PDA

View Full Version : Football Matt Ryan does not look like a rookie QB

Bill Lundberg
10-12-2008, 12:24 PM
He's going to be one of the special ones.

Thats all

Agent V
10-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Good thing the Chiefs couldn't draft him. His career would already be over.

Bill Lundberg
10-12-2008, 12:27 PM
With the current douche bags running this team we probably wouldn't have even if he were there.

Mecca
10-12-2008, 12:28 PM
With the current douche bags running this team we probably wouldn't have even if he were there.

I'm pretty confident there was no way the Chiefs were taking Ryan if he had been there we'd have probably traded out.

BigVE
10-12-2008, 12:28 PM

Or if we DID draft him he would be 3rd string or practice squad. :rolleyes::shake:

milkman
10-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Or if we DID draft him he would be 3rd string or practice squad. :rolleyes::shake:

Third string, maybe, but even this team isn't stupid enough to try to get a first round QB to the practice squad.

Reaper16
10-12-2008, 12:33 PM
We couldn't properly coach him anyway.

Hydrae
10-12-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm pretty confident there was no way the Chiefs were taking Ryan if he had been there we'd have probably traded out.

After all, we already have a QBOTF on the roster named Croyle! :)

Cosmos
10-12-2008, 12:41 PM
I fear for any young QB who is forced to break in under this incompetent staff.

The proper coaching has to be in place before the the players show up.

Edwards, Curl & Gunther are part of the problem.

Shaid
10-12-2008, 12:47 PM
The coaching staff deserves a lot of hate but if we had drafted Ryan he'd be our starter. Herm said before the draft when specifically asked about it that whoever is drafted in the first round is an immediate starter. Knock them for a lot of things, but don't instantly assume something that most likely wouldn't have been true.

milkman
10-12-2008, 12:49 PM
The coaching staff deserves a lot of hate but if we had drafted Ryan he'd be our starter. Herm said before the draft when specifically asked about it that whoever is drafted in the first round is an immediate starter. Knock them for a lot of things, but don't instantly assume something that most likely wouldn't have been true.

I don't instantly assume that anything that Herman fucking Edwards says is true.

Reerun_KC
10-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Our franchise is to pathetic to actually develop 1st round QB talent...

We are talking about Carl, Big Liar Edwards and his band of buttdart monkeys...

Stewie
10-12-2008, 12:55 PM
I remember Herm saying he was unimpressed with any of the QBs coming out last year. That means there will be 2-3 pro-bowlers from that class. I, too, am impressed with Ryan's play. He's a leader on the field and can make the throws.

keg in kc
10-12-2008, 12:56 PM
He'd be dead if he played here. "Thank you Damion McIntosh" on his headstone.

Shaid
10-12-2008, 12:58 PM
I don't instantly assume that anything that Herman ****ing Edwards says is true.

But the guy has ZERO problems starting rookies - good or bad. I'd beleive it in this case. I'm not saying we would have actually drafted him but I'm pretty sure if we did, he'd of started.

eazyb81
10-12-2008, 01:00 PM
No way, his completion percentage sucks, remember?

Another exhibit of why relying purely on college stats to predict pro performance is simply moronic.

Mecca
10-12-2008, 01:00 PM
You know why Matt Ryan is cool?

He looks like the Shermanator from American Pie.

keg in kc
10-12-2008, 01:14 PM
I didn't start watching until a couple minutes ago, but if he's had this much time to throw all day, no wonder he's looked good. They're stone-walling that bears front 7, at least in pass protection.

Bill Lundberg
While we're at it Roddy White is damn good too.

The Falcons are what the Chiefs aspire to be right now. A franchise that knows how to rebuild.

Reerun_KC
Give Matt Ryan to Herm and he would look like - http://www.retard-o-rama.com/th_cartman_retard.jpg Behind Center...

milkman
10-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Give Matt Ryan to Herm and he would look like - http://www.retard-o-rama.com/th_cartman_retard.jpg Behind Center...

Is that Cunther as a child?

Reerun_KC
10-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Is that ****her as a child?

ROFL

Nice!

eazyb81
10-12-2008, 01:18 PM
While we're at it Roddy White is damn good too.

The Falcons are what the Chiefs aspire to be right now. A franchise that knows how to rebuild.

If we had a real QB, Bowe would put Roddy White to shame.

Bill Lundberg
10-12-2008, 01:21 PM
If we had a real QB, Bowe would put Roddy White to shame.

If we had a real front office and a real head coach we would be a real NFL franchise instead of a joke.

Reerun_KC
10-12-2008, 01:22 PM
If we had a real front office and a real head coach we would be a real NFL franchise instead of a joke.

Damn, someone just got served....

eazyb81
10-12-2008, 01:24 PM

Agree, but the point remains that Bowe > Roddy White. We just desperately need an NFL-caliber QB.

Reerun_KC
10-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Agree, but the point remains that Bowe > Roddy White. We just desperately need an NFL-caliber coaching staff.

FYP
You could have Jesus himself under center, with Herm on the sidelines it wont matter...

Bill Lundberg
10-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Agree, but the point remains that Bowe > Roddy White. We just desperately need an NFL-caliber QB.

I love Bowe, he and White are very similar players actually. I'm not debating Bowe and White. I'm watching the Falcons and seeing a team doing the same thing as the Chiefs, only doing it successfully. Which pisses me off more and more with every good play.

I've defended Herm, and I kept my mouth shut on Carl, but it's time to REALLY blow this thing up from the top down.

eazyb81
10-12-2008, 01:33 PM
FYP
You could have Jesus himself under center, with Herm on the sidelines it wont matter...

So is this what it's come to on here? No one can talk intelligently about the team without bemoaning Herm and Carl? Sorry, I want them gone as much as everyone else, but I doubt it happens. Carl has some powerful Jedi mind tricks that the Hunt family has fell under for years.

Fact remains that we had a great draft this past year, and have some decent young parts to work with. If we had a guy like Stafford, lined him up with Bowe, Charles, Albert at LT, and then the pieces like Dorsey and Flowers on defense, we would have a good starting point. Herm has taken teams with good QBs to the playoffs, so I don't see why he couldn't do it again. Now I highly doubt he'll ever win a SB, but we're stuck with him and there's nothing anyone on here can do about it.

Reerun_KC
10-12-2008, 01:48 PM
So is this what it's come to on here? No one can talk intelligently about the team without bemoaning Herm and Carl? Sorry, I want them gone as much as everyone else, but I doubt it happens. Carl has some powerful Jedi mind tricks that the Hunt family has fell under for years.

Fact remains that we had a great draft this past year, and have some decent young parts to work with. If we had a guy like Stafford, lined him up with Bowe, Charles, Albert at LT, and then the pieces like Dorsey and Flowers on defense, we would have a good starting point. Herm has taken teams with good QBs to the playoffs, so I don't see why he couldn't do it again. Now I highly doubt he'll ever win a SB, but we're stuck with him and there's nothing anyone on here can do about it.

Great Draft? Well it usually takes 3 years to see how that draft is going to produce over all.. We are now seeing that the "keen eye" talent evaulator's 2006 draft, isnt all to what everybody thought it would be... I remember it being a "great draft" because people wanted to bash on DV... Yet people are calling alot of them out for lack of production...

Can Albert stay healthy?

If Herm luckly reaches 4-12 this year, he would of had a 4 year stint as an NFL HC where he has masterfully coached 3 seasons of 4-12 or less and took one team with someone elses players to the playoffs buy gods sweet grace.

Has Herm yet taken a team he has built to the playoffs? His track record get progressively worse each year he is at his current position...

blueballs
10-12-2008, 01:57 PM
He'd be hated by Whitlock
for eating up too much Popeye's Chicken

RNR
10-12-2008, 02:08 PM
Nails throw when it matters wow!

Mr. Flopnuts
10-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Matt Ryan is a fucking stud. What a great throw at this juncture of the game.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-12-2008, 02:09 PM
HO-LY SHIT!!!!! I hope the Chiefs can "rebuild" like this someday.

Bill Lundberg
10-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Wow! What a gutsy performance by a young team! Awesome game. Great job by Orton as well

Mr. Flopnuts
10-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Wow! What a gutsy performance by a young team! Awesome game. Great job by Orton as well

Yep. Can't take anything away from Orton. Poise in the pocket. Orton looks like he's developing into a decent QB as well. Ryan though, he really looks like he's been in the league for 5 years.

kstater
10-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Dammit Carl for drafting Blackledge over Ryan.

RNR
10-12-2008, 02:13 PM

Could not have posted this thread at a better time! I have been impressed with the kid and that is the type of play the great ones make, outstanding!

RNR
10-12-2008, 02:13 PM

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
10-12-2008, 02:14 PM

Meh, whatever. It was never an option, and I'm thrilled to have Dorsey. I'm just saying, I think I was totally wrong about Ryan. He's going to be a superstar.

Mecca
10-12-2008, 02:15 PM
I think Matt Ryan has shown more in a matter of 5 minutes than any Chiefs QB has in a decade.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-12-2008, 02:35 PM
I think Matt Ryan has shown more in a matter of 5 minutes than any Chiefs QB has in a decade.

My doubts about him were wildly off. The dude has it.

I only hope that we get a chance at Stafford next year.

Stewie
10-12-2008, 03:10 PM
I didn't start watching until a couple minutes ago, but if he's had this much time to throw all day, no wonder he's looked good. They're stone-walling that bears front 7, at least in pass protection.

He didn't have all day to throw on several occasions. Instead of rolling over, he threw some great passes on the run.