PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs **** Official Chiefs draft pick watch *****

cdcox
10-12-2008, 12:29 PM
My website is now functional for the 2008 season:

www.nfl-forecast.com

Since my software already predicts that the Chiefs are out of the playoff race (hint, hint Mr. Hunt) it is time to start charting our quest for a great draft pick.

I'll post the latest graph in this thread all season.

Those of you that prefer to incorrectly figure this stuff out on your own, please feel free to ignore this thread.

cdcox
10-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Here it is after week 5:

Brock
10-12-2008, 12:36 PM
That looks about right.

Mecca
10-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Well lets hope somehow the Rams and Lions can win today.

Rain Man
10-12-2008, 12:40 PM
My own system of blind optimism shows us most likely to pick 25th. Time will tell which of us is correct.

cdcox
10-12-2008, 12:43 PM
Well lets hope somehow the Rams and Lions can win today.

Yeah, even if we lose the rest of our games our odds are only:

1: 37%
2: 49%
3: 13%
4: 1%

cdcox
10-12-2008, 12:45 PM
My own system of blind optimism shows us most likely to pick 25th. Time will tell which of us is correct.

You have a huge advantage in that my software doesn't include any boneheaded trade-down scenarios.

cdcox
10-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Heh, things already improving with the Rams winning.

eazyb81
10-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Is this based on predicted winning % of opponents or the record of opponents last season?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-12-2008, 02:30 PM
I thought I was going to drive across the state on I-70 and firebomb Richie Incognito's house if the Rams lost that game.

What a dumb motherfucker.

Buehler445
10-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Rams won today, right?

Reerun_KC
10-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Yes rams won

cdcox
10-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Is this based on predicted winning % of opponents or the record of opponents last season?

It is not based on anything to do with last season at all.

Each game remaining in the season has the probablility of each team winning assigned to it. Then the season is simulated 5000 times, NFL tiebreakers applied, and the result summarized.

KCChiefsMan
10-12-2008, 09:43 PM
so it seems like next year will be the year to draft a QB.....*sigh*

cdcox
10-15-2008, 01:20 PM
We did very well on our bye week:

cdcox
10-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Progress marches on:

Mecca
10-22-2008, 06:48 PM
With Tyler Thigpen I think we are guaranteed to not win another game so that helps.

cdcox
10-22-2008, 07:04 PM
If we drop the rest of our games, I've got us at 80% chance of 1st round and 20% chance of 2nd round, with an outside chance at a 3rd round.

DeezNutz
10-22-2008, 07:11 PM
If we drop the rest of our games, I've got us at 80% chance of 1st round and 20% chance of 2nd round, with an outside chance at a 3rd round.

I think there's a 100 percent chance we're drafting in those rounds, actually. :)

StcChief
10-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Drafting where.... behind or infront of Detroit, Bungles.

Rams have 2 wins, we will be very luck to win 2....

Detroit Lions really look like an O-fer.....
Cincy Bungles who knows.

3 with 1 win....maybe and Lambs with 2 or 3...

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-22-2008, 07:22 PM
The thing that sucks is that we went from a 50% chance of a top 2 pick to 45%, even though our odds of #1 increased.

Cincy won't take Stafford, Detroit may very well do it.

We need these fucktards to win.

Hammock Parties
10-22-2008, 07:23 PM
The thing that sucks is that we went from a 50% chance of a top 2 pick to 45%, even though our odds of #1 increased.

We need these fucktards to win.

WE HAVE THE POWERRRRRRRRRRRR!

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01UreHf9jyazy/340x.jpg

milkman
10-22-2008, 07:27 PM

We need these ****tards to win.

The problem is that their remaining schedule includes home games against the 'Skins, Jags, Bucs, Titans, Vikings, and Saints.

Road games are against Bears, Panthers, Colts and Pack.

I'm having a hard time finding a win in there.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-22-2008, 07:29 PM
The problem is that their remaining schedule includes home games against the 'Skins, Jags, Bucs, Titans, Vikings, and Saints.

Saints, Bucs, and Vikings are the only ones that are even reasonable.

DeezNutz
10-22-2008, 07:29 PM

True, but who would have thought we'd beat Denver?

philfree
10-22-2008, 07:34 PM
I can't see Detroit winning a game. All we have to do is lose to Cincy and we should have the #2 pick in the draft.

PhilFree:arrow:

milkman
10-22-2008, 07:45 PM
I can't see Detroit winning a game. All we have to do is lose to Cincy and we should have the #2 pick in the draft.

PhilFree:arrow:

And Detroit will take Stafford.

With Carson Palmer in Cinn, I'm more concerned about Detroit drafting ahead of us.

cdcox
10-22-2008, 07:59 PM
To date, Detroit has played at about the same level as the Chiefs. There are several games left on thier schedule where they have a 20 to 25% chance of winning. Odds are that out of those games, they will win one or two. Look at Miami last year -- who thought they would beat a Ravens team that was 4-3 after week 7? Detroit came close to beating the Vikings a couple week ago, and were competitive against the Titans. They'll win one.

Mr. Laz
10-22-2008, 08:14 PM
Those of you that prefer to incorrectly figure this stuff out on your own

arrogance anyone?

Zouk
10-22-2008, 08:16 PM
I just don't get Matt Stafford as a can't miss prospect. Taking the wrong QB in the top 5 is almost always highly destructive to a football team. See Alex Smith 49ers, Akili Smith Bengals, Joey Harrington Lions, etc. Just because we need a franchise QB doesn't mean he is one.

I wanted Matt Ryan last year, but I don't think Stafford is Matt Ryan. I could maybe get behind Sam Bradford if he comes out and looks good through the pre-draft evaluation process, but I'm not buying Stafford based on what I've seen of his play.

milkman
10-22-2008, 08:19 PM
I just don't get Matt Stafford as a can't miss prospect. Taking the wrong QB in the top 5 is almost always highly destructive to a football team. See Alex Smith 49ers, Akili Smith Bengals, Joey Harrington Lions, etc. Just because we need a franchise QB doesn't mean he is one.

I wanted Matt Ryan last year, but I don't think Stafford is Matt Ryan. I could maybe get behind Sam Bradford if he comes out and looks good through the pre-draft evaluation process, but I'm not buying Stafford based on what I've seen of his play.

Sam Bradford is going to be in the right sysytem to have success in the NFL.

He also hasn't faced the kind of defensive pressure that Stafford has seen consistently.

Bradford is a west coast QB.

Stafford can have success in any system.

Tribal Warfare
10-22-2008, 08:21 PM

With Carson Palmer in Cinn, I'm more concerned about Detroit drafting ahead of us.

Dtroit needs OL help too, so that works for us getting a QB

cdcox
10-22-2008, 08:21 PM
arrogance anyone?

Damn straight. After calling the draft order a day before the NFL did last year, while the Atlanta Constitution and several KC media outlets got it wrong, I think I've earned the right to strut a bit.

Not to mention the number of times people on this board incorrectly apply the tiebreakers each year.

Zouk
10-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Stafford can have success in any system.

The 4 interceptions in the last 2 games (home to Vanderbilt and Tennessee - not at LSU or anything like that) concerns me. I don't know - I could definitely be wrong but I just don't feel like I'm a watching a bigtime QB the few times I've seen him play.

beavis
10-22-2008, 11:25 PM

Yeah, that means we get the Ryan Leaf/Rick Mirer of the draft. :cuss:

BWillie
10-23-2008, 01:07 AM
The 4 interceptions in the last 2 games (home to Vanderbilt and Tennessee - not at LSU or anything like that) concerns me. I don't know - I could definitely be wrong but I just don't feel like I'm a watching a bigtime QB the few times I've seen him play.

I don't either, but that is all people care about nowadays. They just beat off to someones arm strength. Well let me tell you Kyle Boller, David Carr, Joey Harrington, and Alex Smith all had strong arms but all of them suck more than two horny gays after a boy george concert.

Tribal Warfare
10-23-2008, 01:29 AM
I don't either, but that is all people care about nowadays. They just beat off to someones arm strength. Well let me tell you Kyle Boller, David Carr, Joey Harrington, and Alex Smith all had strong arms but all of them suck more than two horny gays after a boy george concert.

Carr was in a horrible situation with the Texans which ruined him.If he was in a better situation starting off, we would be talking about his pro-bowl caliber play.

Mecca
10-23-2008, 02:43 AM

Boller is the one that is a legit argument he moved rounds because of his arm when he wasn't that productive of a college player.

Harrington, though he shouldn't be in this argument. His arm wasn't super strong, he was an overly productive college player. Harrington's college career and interviews and all that got him drafted higher than his pure tools did because Harrington was never remotely like Boller.

beach tribe
10-23-2008, 06:18 AM

Matt Ryan Threw 19 ints his last year of college.

Stafford has had to force some things because of protection, and his WRs not getting separation.

He's the best bet to be a successful NFL QB, but that's just my opinion.

Mecca
10-23-2008, 06:21 AM
Matt Ryan Threw 19 ints his last year of college.

Stafford has had to force some things because of protection, and his WRs not getting separation.

He's the best bet to be a successful NFL QB, but that's just my opinion.

That was a reason I liked Ryan, he literally played with nothing.

Anyone that watches Georgia sees a guy who is literally working with not much. It's a stark contrast from Sam Bradford who makes easy throws then gets elevated by the super talent around him.

milkman
10-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Carr was in a horrible situation with the Texans which ruined him.If he was in a better situation starting off, we would be talking about his pro-bowl caliber play.

No, Carr wasn't put in a horrible situation.

That O-Line was put in a horrible situation by having to protect Carr.

He never learned to read a defense, locked onto receivers, and held the ball for to long.

The sack numbers decreased substantially for that same O-Line when the Carr was replaced by Shaube.

milkman
10-23-2008, 05:56 PM
That was a reason I liked Ryan, he literally played with nothing.

Anyone that watches Georgia sees a guy who is literally working with not much. It's a stark contrast from Sam Bradford who makes easy throws then gets elevated by the super talent around him.

And one could argue that Stafford is almost solely responsible for Georgia's top 10 ranking.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2008, 06:11 PM
And one could argue that Stafford is almost solely responsible for Georgia's top 10 ranking.

Mecca, milkman, and 'Hamas'. Driving the Stafford wagon since September 2008.

I can't wait until the massive pile-ons during draft time because Bradford threw 2 yard screens for 75% running out of the shotgun with wide open receivers.

It's just gonna be awesome.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2008, 06:12 PM

That O-Line was put in a horrible situation by having to protect Carr.

He never learned to read a defense, locked onto receivers, and held the ball for to long.

The sack numbers decreased substantially for that same O-Line when the Carr was replaced by Shaube.

That guy was one of the worst quarterbacks ever taken in the top 5. And that's saying a lot.

the Talking Can
10-23-2008, 06:31 PM

or...you could actually watch stafford play and realize how pointless those comparisons are.....

what on god's green earth does Smith or the system he played in have in common with Stafford?

Tribal Warfare
10-23-2008, 06:54 PM

I call bullshit, that O-line consistently gave Carr no time to throw the ball, the kid had skills if he wasn't ruined by Texans.

The guy had over a 60% completion rate.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2008, 07:03 PM
I call bullshit, that O-line consistently gave Carr no time to throw the ball, the kid had skills if he wasn't ruined by Texans.

The guy had over a 60% completion rate.

Yeah, and if the sumbitch had thrown some balls away rather than taking a 9 yard loss, he'd have a lower completion rate, and the team would have been able to sustain some drives. It's not like he didn't have a good running game.

Domanick Davis/Williams was a hell of a back before he got hurt.

Tribal Warfare
10-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Yeah, and if the sumbitch had thrown some balls away rather than taking a 9 yard loss, he'd have a lower completion rate, and the team would have been able to sustain some drives. It's not like he didn't have a good running game.

Domanick Davis/Williams was a hell of a back before he got hurt.

Dude your grabbing at straws locking onto WRs? The guy was in a bad situation, if he was locking onto WRs his completion percentage would've been Akili Smith bad. Similar thing happened to Archie Manning

SBK
10-23-2008, 07:10 PM

I can't wait until the massive pile-ons during draft time because Bradford threw 2 yard screens for 75% running out of the shotgun with wide open receivers.

There's not many people who are able to see the very obvious when it comes to Stafford/Bradford. It's unreal.

Stats, stats, stats, look at the way he threw that ball to the guy with nobody in 10 yards of him!!!!! He plays in the big 12 b!tches.

Without Stafford UGA isn't even a top 25 team and Richt is getting calls for his head down here I'm sure.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Dude your grabbing at straws locking onto WRs? The guy was in a bad situation, if he was locking onto WRs his completion percentage would've been Akili Smith bad. Similar thing happened to Archie Manning

Archie Manning was a good quarterback on a bad team.

David Carr was a bad quarterback.

Tribal Warfare
10-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Archie Manning was a good quarterback on a bad team.

David Carr was a bad quarterback.

:rolleyes:

OnTheWarpath15
10-23-2008, 07:14 PM

Can't wait?

You must have missed the OU - Texas game thread two weeks ago.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2008, 07:16 PM

I forgot. He wasn't terrible at Carolina last year, and the Texans weren't just as good of an Offense with Schaub and no running back last year.

SBK
10-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Can't wait?

You must have missed the OU - Texas game thread two weeks ago.

Anyway we can get one of the members of the planet elevated to GM of the Lions in case they pick in front of us? :D

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Anyway we can get one of the members of the planet elevated to GM of the Lions in case they pick in front of us? :D

Only the Chiefs could go 1-15 and not get the #1 pick.

SBK
10-23-2008, 07:19 PM

Good QB's are very hard to find, if he was good he'd be playing.

OnTheWarpath15
10-23-2008, 07:19 PM

We'll end up having the tiebreaker over Detroit for the #1 pick going into Week 17, and end up beating the fucking Bengals.

SBK
10-23-2008, 07:20 PM

The Lions will win at least 1 game. With our QB's I don't see us winning another. PBJ

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2008, 07:21 PM
We'll end up having the tiebreaker over Detroit for the #1 pick going into Week 17, and end up beating the fucking Bengals.

Detroit has a better schedule, so if we finish with the same record, we're gold.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2008, 07:22 PM
The Lions will win at least 1 game. With our QB's I don't see us winning another. PBJ

If he was good he wouldn't have the #1 and #3 overall rankings on most sacks taken in a single season.

The dude had a 5 second clock in his head instead of a 3 second clock.

OnTheWarpath15
10-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Detroit has a better schedule, so if we finish with the same record, we're gold.

Yeah, but I don't see Detroit winning 2 games.

Only the Chiefs could fuck up and manage to win a game they shouldn't...

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Yeah, but I don't see Detroit winning 2 games.

Only the Chiefs could fuck up and manage to win a game they shouldn't...

Well, at least our D isn't good enough to force the QB to make hurried throws, so the odds of a pick six are extraordinarily low.

SBK
10-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Well, at least our D isn't good enough to force the QB to make hurried throws, so the odds of a pick six are extraordinarily low.

LMAO

I was just thinking outside of watching Iowa State as a kid I don't know if I've ever seen such a horrendous football team.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2008, 07:37 PM
LMAO

I was just thinking outside of watching Iowa State as a kid I don't know if I've ever seen such a horrendous football team.

Those early 90's Mizzou football teams were something to behold as well.

CrazyPhuD
10-23-2008, 07:40 PM
I vote 32nd! ROFL

milkman
10-23-2008, 08:30 PM

I'm going to take a wild guess here.

You're probably 25 or younger and never even saw Archie Manning play.

Tribal Warfare
10-23-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm going to take a wild guess here.

You're probably 25 or younger and never even saw Archie Manning play.

27, and I know exactly how Archie played due to NFL Films on the NFL Network

milkman
10-23-2008, 09:42 PM
27, and I know exactly how Archie played due to NFL Films on the NFL Network

You get to see some highlights.

Holy fuck.

LMAO

Tribal Warfare
10-23-2008, 09:45 PM
You get to see some highlights.

Holy fuck.

LMAO

Whole game footage, same with his Ole Miss play

Gravedigger
10-23-2008, 09:47 PM
We're gonna pick 3rd or 4th, it'll go Detriot, Cincinatti, KC, Seattle, St. Louis.

milkman
10-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Whole game footage

I've never seen entire games from the 60s,70s and 80s on NFL Network.

Tribal Warfare
10-23-2008, 09:49 PM
I've never seen entire games from the 60s,70s and 80s on NFL Network.

really? I have the 85 bears 66' Packers and when the Manning's were lighting it up some 70's Saint's footage

cdcox
10-28-2008, 08:04 PM
We're getting muscled into the #3 slot by Carson Palmer's injury. We would do ourselves a huge favor by losing to them the last week of the season. Go Lions!

Mecca
10-28-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm not worried about Cincy, they have huge money tied into Palmer through 2014.

cdcox
10-28-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm not worried about Cincy, they have huge money tied into Palmer through 2014.

Yeah, but if the Lions grab Stafford, Cinnci could grab our #2 guy if we decide there is no other QB worth a top 3 pick.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Detroit's trying to win games.

KC's not (as evidenced by the 4th quarter play selection on Sunday).

My bet is still on the Chief getting the #1 overall.

Basileus777
10-28-2008, 10:36 PM

Marinelli needs to win to keep his job. Herm doesn't have any such motivation.

KcMizzou
10-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Marinelli needs to win to keep his job. Herm doesn't have any such motivation.I'm not sure it would matter if he did.

beach tribe
10-28-2008, 10:44 PM

I pray you are right. I think that we MUST land Stafford, or we will regret it.........For a loooong time. This our shot at our Elway IMO.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Yeah, but if the Lions grab Stafford, Cinnci could grab our #2 guy if we decide there is no other QB worth a top 3 pick.

This is why finishing ahead of Shitroit is all that matters.

J Diddy
10-29-2008, 12:07 AM
I pray you are right. I think that we MUST land Stafford, or we will regret it.........For a loooong time. This our shot at our Elway IMO.

I think if we get it, we will trade out of it

KcMizzou
10-29-2008, 12:10 AM
I think if we get it, we will trade out of itWhy? Too much pressure?

These guys are gone soon anyway.

J Diddy
10-29-2008, 12:16 AM
Why? Too much pressure?

These guys are gone soon anyway.

One, to acquire more picks. Two they won't want to pay the money. Three even if they do pick a qb they won't want to pick him that high, for fear of him flopping.

beach tribe
10-29-2008, 05:39 AM
I think if we get it, we will trade out of it

Nah. I actually think it's the goal of this season. Clark wants his franchise boy.

Tribal Warfare
10-30-2008, 02:26 PM
Nah. I actually think it's the goal of this season. Clark wants his franchise boy.

Clark even said last offseason that he wants to find a franchise QB when he was doing his press runs.

ConnorBarthsCousin
10-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi Everyone,

New to this site. I think it's great that Connor Barth is part of your team. I can't wait to see how he will contribute to the team!

Tribal Warfare
10-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Hi Everyone,

New to this site. I think it's great that Connor Barth is part of your team. I can't wait to see how he will contribute to the team!

Welcome to ChiefsPlanet, most of us believed that Connor should've got the job in the beginning of the season.Instead Herm shyed away because Novak had more "experience"

Brock
10-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Hi Everyone,

It would be nice if he turned out to be a long-term kicker.

chiefsngop
10-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome my fellow n00b !

Your cousin will have ample opportunities to "contribute" as long as Herm Edwards is here.

We mainly try to score points by field goal only, so that's good for an up & coming kicker.

Your cousin also demonstrated in training camp and preseason that he was the best kicker on our roster. Our front office simply has no eye for talent and we welcome Mr. Barth back !

milkman
10-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Hi Everyone,

Everyone is giving you the warm fuzzy right now, but just know that the first kick he misses, people will be calling him a useless bastard, and calling you out, asking what the fuck the problem is.

cdcox
11-05-2008, 04:59 PM
We are back firmly in the #2 slot. The Lions are bad medicine.

mckinger
11-05-2008, 06:26 PM
How bout drafting OU's Sam Bradford...He did redshirt his freshman year and is eligible to come out after this year...dude just lit up my Huskers and has great arm and presence in the pocket...franchise QB?

cdcox
11-11-2008, 10:25 PM
The better play of the Chiefs over the last 3 weeks is starting to push us up in the power rankings. This results in more predicted wins and a poorer predicted draft choice. We can only hope Herm will drag us down to a poorer W-L record than the true strength of our team.

cdcox
11-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Holding steady for #2.

Hammock Parties
11-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Wonder what the Lions would take for the #1 overall.

Tribal Warfare
11-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Wonder what the Lions would take for the #1 overall.

Michael Oher

Hammock Parties
11-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Michael Oher

No, from US.

Hermcock
11-18-2008, 10:07 PM
It must pain Chris Cox to acknowledge that Denver has more than a 60% chance to win the AFC West.

cdcox
11-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Unofficial until Tuesday.

Tribal Warfare
11-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Okay we are still at the #2 spot?

Sam Hall
11-30-2008, 06:30 PM
The Chiefs will get something good with their first pick no matter what.

xbarretx
11-30-2008, 07:31 PM
so now it should be..? :shrug:

0-12 Lions #1
1-10-1 Bengals #2
2-10 KC #3
2-10 STL #4
2-10 Seattle #5

i guess the good news is if we arent picking #1 and we are assured that the QB we want wont be there.... maybe the BPA wont be as much a reach? :shrug:

Hammock Parties
11-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Today's win blew any chance at Stafford and probably Orakpo, too.

OnTheWarpath15
11-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Today's win blew any chance at Stafford and probably Orakpo, too.

ROFL

You realize that the draft is FOUR MONTHS AWAY, right?

It's times like these that I wish draft sites archived their rankings/mocks on a week-to-week basis throughout the season.

Rational thought has never been in abundance around this place, but what little there was is on the train out of town as of late...

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Unofficial until Tuesday.

God fuck.

cdcox
11-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Okay we are still at the #2 spot?

Remember, what I do is a projection of what things will be at the end of the season. The Bengals are currently the favorite for the #2 pick at 35% chance.

We are next with a 27% chance, followed closely by the Rams at 25%.

Hammock Parties
11-30-2008, 07:40 PM
Cox, can you do a prediction on what happens if we beat the Bengals?

cdcox
11-30-2008, 07:43 PM
If we lose out, we have close to a lock on the #2.

If we beat the Bengals and lose the rest (my best guess), we will probably draft 3rd, 4th or 5th, with slight chances of the 2nd or the 6th.

xbarretx
11-30-2008, 07:43 PM
that would depend on what they did before we play and if we won any more until then.
i dont see us taking SD , Den, or miami, and i really think that had they ran more on us the raiders would have won so i dont think we pull off the bungal win. so if that happens Cin takes 3rd and we take 2nd. with the assumption Det never wins. all i know is ill be rooting for Cin, Seattle, and STL to finish strong :hail:

MIAdragon
11-30-2008, 07:45 PM
Cox, can you do a prediction on what happens if we beat the Bengals?

No way we beat them.

Hammock Parties
11-30-2008, 07:46 PM
No way we beat them.

Cincy is almost as bad as the Raiders.

kysirsoze
11-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Cincy is almost as bad as the Raiders.

Man, watching the Cinci "highlights" for today was entertaining and sad. It was like watching the screw-up montage from Major League. I just couldn't believe I was watching people that get paid to play football.

cdcox
12-14-2008, 03:47 PM
After the early games today:

the Talking Can
12-14-2008, 03:49 PM
woo-hoo!

eazyb81
12-14-2008, 03:50 PM
#2 pick is awesome. Let's hope a player separates himself from the pack by April as the 2nd best prospect behind Stafford.

RedThat
12-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Who gives a **** about draft position at this point?

We're still gonna continues to have these ****ing clowns running the show next year anyways? Not like a #2 overall draft pick will make a difference under Carl and Herm regime.

cdcox
12-14-2008, 03:53 PM
If we lose out there is a 79% chance we get the 2nd pick and a 21% chance of the third, and we are still mathematically alive for the first.

If we beat Cincy only we have chances at the 2nd through 5th, with the 4th most likely.

If we beat Miami only we will have the 2nd through 4th with the 3rd most likely (very small chance we'd get the 5th).

If we win out we will get the 4th, 5th or 6th, with the 5th most likely.

cdcox
12-14-2008, 03:54 PM

We're still gonna continues to have these ****ing clowns running the show next year anyways? Not like a #2 overall draft pick will make a difference under Carl and Herm regime.

If we suck one more year, I expect we will dump Herm. You have to be persistent and relentless in pursuing your goals.

the Talking Can
12-14-2008, 03:54 PM

kc fans are as clueless as herm

RedThat
12-14-2008, 04:03 PM
If we suck one more year, I expect we will dump Herm. You have to be persistent and relentless in pursuing your goals.

if they're smart they fire his a**, and they fire it now.

both he and carl are responible for creating a losing culture here. both him and carl out the door. this organization however does not operate that way.

RedThat
12-14-2008, 04:04 PM
kc fans are as clueless as herm

what makes you think or lead yourself to believe that man will be fired?

BigMeatballDave
12-14-2008, 04:05 PM
if they're smart they fire his a**, and they fire it now.

he created a losing culture here. both him and carl out the door. this organization however does not operate that way.I agree. Herm gets one more year. :mad:

RedThat
12-14-2008, 04:06 PM
I agree. Herm gets one more year. :mad:

they'll make up an excuse...i.e., were young, young teams are going to lose. were rebuilding.

KChiefs1
12-14-2008, 04:58 PM
After the early games today:

so you are expecting the Rams to win another game?

cdcox
12-14-2008, 05:01 PM
so you are expecting the Rams to win another game?

Nope. St.Louis has the SOS tie-breakers now, but there is a 65% chance that our SOS will be weaker by the end of the season. I'll try to break this down in another post.

CupidStunt
12-14-2008, 05:02 PM
We'll beat Cincy, I suspect. Now that would suck.

Midnight_Vulture
12-14-2008, 05:03 PM
We are doomed for failure. Herm is staying I am sure and our draft pick will be another bust.

DeezNutz
12-14-2008, 05:05 PM
We'll beat Cincy, I suspect. Now that would suck.

Keep the faith. It's on the road. The result of the Oak. game was a mirage--we had no business winning.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Man, watching the Cinci "highlights" for today was entertaining and sad. It was like watching the screw-up montage from Major League. I just couldn't believe I was watching people that get paid to play football.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lbg9yR1rR0g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lbg9yR1rR0g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

cdcox
12-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Well, after the early games we are already ahead of St. Louis on SOS.

KC 0.519
StL 0.525

If the Pats beat the Raiders, and Carolina beats Denver That will put us 4 more games ahead (2 each for the Raiders and Denver, one for Pats less one for Carolina).

BigRedChief
12-15-2008, 07:16 AM
So where is our probable pick if we lose out? If we go 1-1? Win both?

beach tribe
12-15-2008, 07:46 AM
My god, Major League was genius.

"keep bat waaaaarm."

cdcox
12-15-2008, 08:18 AM
So where is our probable pick if we lose out? If we go 1-1? Win both?

See post 117.

BigRedChief
12-15-2008, 09:09 AM
See post 117.
Thanks!:clap:

what if????? Detriot doesn't take Bradford with the first pick and we have the 2nd pick?

Scouts top prospects....
1. Andre Smith* OT Alabama 98
2. Sam Bradford** QB Oklahoma 98
3. Matthew Stafford* QB Georgia 97
4. Michael Crabtree** WR Texas Tech 97
5. Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State 97
6. Aaron Curry OLB Wake Forest 97
7. Jeremy Maclin** WR Missouri 96
8. Vontae Davis* CB Illinois 96
9. Aaron Maybin** DE Penn State 96
10. Eugene Monroe OT Virginia 96
11. Everette Brown* DE Florida State 95

Do we jump on Bradford? Take Crabtree? Stafford? Is there a consensus here?

Sam Hall
12-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Scott Wright has the chiefs drafting third and selecting Aaron Curry.

DeezNutz
12-15-2008, 09:48 AM
Beating Cincy would be worst case scenario. Some young, nubile, tanned coed needs to make sure that Gonzo doesn't board the plane for this game.

OnTheWarpath15
12-15-2008, 10:59 AM

ROFL

Cue Mecca...

KChiefs1
12-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Well, after the early games we are already ahead of St. Louis on SOS.

KC 0.519
StL 0.525

If the Pats beat the Raiders, and Carolina beats Denver That will put us 4 more games ahead (2 each for the Raiders and Denver, one for Pats less one for Carolina).

I can see the Chiefs beating the Bungles & screwing us out of the 2nd pick.

Sam Hall
12-15-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm with most people in hoping the Lions don't take Stafford. He might be the only player worthy of a top 5 pick that the Chiefs really need. It seems like the Chiefs won't need a top 5 pick to take most of the players we're discussing. Of course, it effects where they pick in every other round.

ChiefsCountry
12-15-2008, 11:33 AM
ROFL

Cue Mecca...

And Wright says the Chiefs are stupid and would take Curry. Read the write up.

CupidStunt
12-15-2008, 11:47 AM
ROFL

Cue Mecca...

Mecca would've ignored that because the draft genius "Scott Wright" wrote it.

OnTheWarpath15
12-15-2008, 11:51 AM
And Wright says the Chiefs are stupid and would take Curry. Read the write up.

I did read the write up, and he says no such thing.

First, Stafford is gone. He's saying he wouldn't make the decision to pass on Bradford - not Stafford. I don't think anyone here outside of OU fans want this team to take Bradford if Stafford is not available - just for the sake of taking a QB.

Second, he says that selecting Curry may not be as flashy as drafting Bradford, but "that doesn't mean it's the wrong decision."

Here's the write up, people can judge for themselves...

oldandslow
12-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Brandon Flowers has played well, imo. We won't take Jenkins with the 2nd or third pick.

I take Bradford over Curry. Period.

BigRedChief
12-15-2008, 01:13 PM
I did read the write up, and he says no such thing.

First, Stafford is gone. He's saying he wouldn't make the decision to pass on Bradford - not Stafford. I don't think anyone here outside of OU fans want this team to take Bradford if Stafford is not available - just for the sake of taking a QB.

Second, he says that selecting Curry may not be as flashy as drafting Bradford, but "that doesn't mean it's the wrong decision."

Here's the write up, people can judge for themselves...
The chiefs take a LB with the #2 pick? Even Ray Lewis went down to the #8 spot didn't he? Seems awful high to pick a LB.

OnTheWarpath15
12-15-2008, 01:14 PM
The chiefs take a LB with the #2 pick? Even Ray Lewis went down to the #8 spot didn't he? Seems awful high to pick a LB.

I'm not advocating it, just pointing out that nowhere in that entry did Scott Wright call the mocked selection of Curry "stupid", as was otherwise claimed.

BigRedChief
12-15-2008, 01:21 PM
I'm not advocating it, just pointing out that nowhere in that entry did Scott Wright call the mocked selection of Curry "stupid", as was otherwise claimed.
Maybe we should re-think what position merits a top 5 pick? How big of an impact has Ray Lewis had on his team compared to the other 6-7 who were picked before him?

If you were GM for a day, who would you pick?

ChiefsCountry
12-15-2008, 01:23 PM

Ray Lewis was picked in the mid 20s.

The Franchise
12-15-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm hoping that Detroit signs Cassell in the offseason and goes OT with the 1st pick.

The Franchise
12-15-2008, 01:26 PM

1996 Draft - 26th selection

BigRedChief
12-15-2008, 01:26 PM
#26. He dropped because of concerns about his charector if I'm remembering correctly?

BigRedChief
12-15-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm hoping that Detroit signs Cassell in the offseason and goes OT with the 1st pick.
Man that would be a dream scenerio for us. Like a free slot move up in the draft.

OnTheWarpath15
12-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Maybe we should re-think what position merits a top 5 pick? How big of an impact has Ray Lewis had on his team compared to the other 6-7 who were picked before him?

If you were GM for a day, who would you pick?

I'm glad I'm not...

IMO, this is a terrible year to have a Top 5 pick.

The only players worthy at this point - IMO - are Stafford, and the OT's.

Problem is that Stafford will be gone, and taking a OT means one of two things:

Play him at RT, which is HORRIBLE value for that high of a pick.

Play him at LT, and slide Albert in. Still a mistake, IMO, but not nearly the value catastrophy that the first scenario is. (Vikings guard Steve Hutchinson, for example, was picked in the same area as Albert)

Granted, a lot of things will change in the next four months, but as it stand right now, they are probably going to be forced to take a guy 5-8 slots higher than he deserves to go. (Maualuga, Mays, Orakpo, etc.)

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Jesus, Wright boosted the second and third round guys I was really high on (Unger, Sintim).

Piss.

BigRedChief
12-15-2008, 01:29 PM
mayo and rivers went #9 and #10 this year.

BigRedChief
12-15-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm glad I'm not...

IMO, this is a terrible year to have a Top 5 pick.

The only players worthy at this point - IMO - are Stafford, and the OT's.

Problem is that Stafford will be gone, and taking a OT means one of two things:

Play him at RT, which is HORRIBLE value for that high of a pick.

Play him at LT, and slide Albert in. Still a mistake, IMO, but not nearly the value catastrophy that the first scenario is. (Vikings guard Steve Hutchinson, for example, was picked in the same area as Albert)

Granted, a lot of things will change in the next four months, but as it stand right now, they are probably going to be forced to take a guy 5-8 slots higher than he deserves to go. (Maualuga, Mays, Orakpo, etc.)
Then its a trade down year but no one wants to trade up anymore.:shake:

OnTheWarpath15
12-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Then its a trade down year but no one wants to trade up anymore.:shake:

I hate saying it, but yeah. As of now, it's really looking that way.

I'm fully expecting the Chiefs to do something retarded, like give away half their draft to get Stafford, then find out that Detroit had no interest in him whatsoever.

The Franchise
12-15-2008, 01:38 PM

I'm fully expecting the Chiefs to do something retarded, like give away half their draft to get Stafford, then find out that Detroit had no interest in him whatsoever.

The only thing that we can hope for is that someone in the 5-7 range wants to trade up for one of the OTs. Bills? 49ers?

BigRedChief
12-15-2008, 01:38 PM

wellll the dream is have them get Cassell and an OT. Good for them and good for us. But they way things have been going for us no such luck will come our way.

Sofa King
12-15-2008, 02:40 PM
grab a big LT and slide Alberts to either RT or RG. seems to me alberts consistently has problems with his health... not that they are his fault or anything... but more Oline can't hurt...

although, our DE's and MLB clearly suck....

The Franchise
12-15-2008, 02:50 PM
grab a big LT and slide Alberts to either RT or RG. seems to me alberts consistently has problems with his health... not that they are his fault or anything... but more Oline can't hurt...

although, our DE's and MLB clearly suck....

No. No. No.

And his FUCKING NAME IS ALBERT!

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Sofa King is even worse than Rib King.

KCrockaholic
12-15-2008, 03:23 PM
OK we have to draft Curry, The Patriots are even interested in him.

http://profootball.scout.com/2/820593.html

ILChief
12-15-2008, 03:29 PM
No. No. No.

And his ****ING NAME IS ALBERT!

Chase Daniels and Ryan Simms beg to differ

The Franchise
12-15-2008, 03:51 PM
OK we have to draft Curry, The Patriots are even interested in him.

http://profootball.scout.com/2/820593.html

CS: Do you have film sessions with the same scouts from teams that regularly attend games or has it been multiple scouts from numerous teams?

Curry: It’s been multiple scouts. I’ve seen scouts from the Lions, Falcons, Dolphins, Patriots and Jaguars; they sent two or three scouts at a time. I’ve met with almost every team and like I said, a few teams have

Sam Hall
12-15-2008, 04:17 PM
A great time to draft a quarterback is when you have a new GM and head coach...

Tribal Warfare
12-15-2008, 04:20 PM
A great time to draft a quarterback is when you have a new GM and head coach...

Now is the time then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ebolapox
12-15-2008, 07:12 PM

ray ray went 26th overall.

EyePod
12-19-2008, 05:45 PM

He's a monster. I don't think I'd mind that. He looks a lot better than Laurinitis... I don't think I'd freak with Maualuga either though...

Sam Hall
12-24-2008, 07:50 PM
DE Greg Hardy is considered a lock to come out and might slip into the second round. Sounds like he fights with his coaches, though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Greg Hardy is a nutjob.