PDA

View Full Version : Computers Any BF2 Players?

Otter
10-12-2008, 10:32 PM
I just loaded this game yesterday and gotta say it's pretty cool. The problem I'm having is the good squads are always locked and I don't know anyone in the community.

I've played FPS for years and always been in the top of the class. Not quiet there yet but I'm only a day into it.

Any connections give me an invite, in 2 weeks we'll be decorating our pikes with their heads.

:bang:

Mr Luzcious
10-12-2008, 10:35 PM
I've considered trying it out a few times; never got around to it. I'm not a big fan of fps in general, but it sounds like it could be fun.

Otter
10-12-2008, 10:43 PM
I like the vehicle aspect. There's tanks, attack helicopters, jets, those special forces buggies with the MGs mounted, AA vehicles. It's total chaos, I love it.

You can break down into squads where you can spawn on the squad commander anywhere on the map which makes a good team of 6 players able to kick total ass. Just virtually impossible to get than organized without team speak and guys familiar with each other.

I think I found my winter game. I'll start my own squad if need be but would be nice to hook onto one.

The special forces & sniper class are freaking awesome.

Mr Luzcious
10-12-2008, 10:47 PM
I like the vehicle aspect. There's tanks, attack helicopters, jets, those special forces buggies with the MGs mounted, AA vehicles. It's total chaos, I love it.

You can break down into squads where you can spawn on the squad commander anywhere on the map which makes a good team of 6 players able to kick total ass. Just virtually impossible to get than organized without team speak and guys familiar with each other.

I think I found my winter game. I'll start my own squad if need be but would be nice to hook onto one.

Yeah, it sounds like something I would enjoy, but it also sounds like something that would take up way too much of my time.

Otter
10-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Yeah, it sounds like something I would enjoy, but it also sounds like something that would take up way too much of my time.

Can't help ya there. Come November thru January I'm a homebody, have fun whatever you shall pursue.

Mr Luzcious
10-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Can't help ya there. Come November thru January I'm a homebody, have fun whatever you shall pursue.

I'm still considering it. I may join you sometime in the near future. :)
Just don't expect any level of competence.

Abba-Dabba
10-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Have it loaded up but haven't played for a good 6-8 months. Playing mainly 2142 till BF3 comes out, if it ever does.

Quit COD4 because just too many children with hacks, pretty much the same with BF2.

Otter
10-13-2008, 12:01 AM
Have it loaded up but haven't played for a good 6-8 months. Playing mainly 2142 till BF3 comes out, if it ever does.

Quit COD4 because just too many children with hacks, pretty much the same with BF2.

Yeah, as with anything else you have to weed out the assholes. Nothing new. Just either have to start or find a group to join up with to have good games.

This one would make a good chess match though with a good group. I'm going to give it a whirl.

Abba-Dabba
10-13-2008, 03:39 AM
Yeah, as with anything else you have to weed out the assholes. Nothing new. Just either have to start or find a group to join up with to have good games.

This one would make a good chess match though with a good group. I'm going to give it a whirl.

It's a great game for sure. If you find a well admined server you will have a blast at it. I played the game everday for over 2 years and it was easily the most enjoyable FPS I have played in a long time. It set a new standard in FPS's that most major developers have been trying to equal since and haven't.

If you want to track your progress to see if your are improving your gameplay, www.bf2s.com will track your stats so you can see where you are at. For example this is my soldier... http://bf2s.com/player/61775052/

As you can see it tracks everything from suicides, c4 kills, hours played, who is your favorite victim, worst enemy, to individual weapon accuracy. Anyway, PM me your in game name and I'll check bf2s to see which server you are on and I'll join ya for a few rounds.

Otter
10-16-2008, 12:28 PM
It's a great game for sure. If you find a well admined server you will have a blast at it. I played the game everday for over 2 years and it was easily the most enjoyable FPS I have played in a long time. It set a new standard in FPS's that most major developers have been trying to equal since and haven't.

If you want to track your progress to see if your are improving your gameplay, www.bf2s.com (http://www.bf2s.com) will track your stats so you can see where you are at. For example this is my soldier... http://bf2s.com/player/61775052/

As you can see it tracks everything from suicides, c4 kills, hours played, who is your favorite victim, worst enemy, to individual weapon accuracy. Anyway, PM me your in game name and I'll check bf2s to see which server you are on and I'll join ya for a few rounds.

Hey, thanks Saggy, sorry for not getting back I though this thread died. I'll check the game name I created when I get home and PM you.