PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Let me get this right . . .

jrowe
10-13-2008, 11:46 AM
The Chiefs are looking at trading away their best players while keeping intact the worst coaching staff/gm in the league. What's wrong with this picture?

JuicesFlowing
10-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Everything. If we're bad now, just wait ...

Buehler445
10-13-2008, 11:48 AM
God hates me.

ChiefsFan4Life
10-13-2008, 11:49 AM
The Chiefs are looking at trading away their best players while keeping intact the worst coaching staff/gm in the league. What's wrong with this picture?

It's NBC HD

Reerun_KC
Our owner has zero spine and nuts have yet to fall...

OnTheWarpath15
WTF?

Do we REALLY need ANOTHER thread about this?

Mr. Laz
10-13-2008, 11:50 AM
yes

Reerun_KC
God hates me.

I just spoke to your parents and they confirmed this as the truth...

dj56dt58
with enough top 5 picks, maybe we'll get so much talent that even these idiots can't fuck it up

Rausch
10-13-2008, 11:51 AM

" I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.

CoMoChief
10-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Rebuilding...GET OVER IT

Gonzo
10-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Rebuilding...GET OVER IT

You are like a broken f***ng record....

Because of these douchebags, a once proud franchise has turned into the fricken bengals......(again)

JuicesFlowing
10-13-2008, 11:54 AM
Our owner has zero spine and nuts have yet to fall...

I agree.. He hasn't done shit yet except to say, "I expect the Chiefs to contend for a playoff spot this year." Which is pretty amusing. High expectations alone aren't worth a crap.

alpha_omega
10-13-2008, 11:56 AM
Well, i guess the only thing to say is that it has to get worse before it gets better.

Micjones
10-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Everything's wrong with this scenario.

The current administration has already proven it isn't capable of managing this rebuilding project. For them to retain their jobs with even less to build around is insane.

Phobia
10-13-2008, 12:03 PM
The problem is that other teams won't give picks for crappy coaches like the Chiefs will. That's why we have to trade our best players, so we can accumulate enough picks that we're certain to get a good player with at least one of them through pure luck.

Simply Red
10-13-2008, 12:05 PM
You are like a broken f***ng record....

Because of these douchebags, a once proud franchise has turned into the fricken bengals......(again)

L.A. Chief Fan, is actually the broken-record. He's just quoting him.

OnTheWarpath15
10-13-2008, 12:06 PM
OOOH! OOOH!

I want to play.

Let me get this right...

People whine and bitch and carry on like fucking children about a team that everyone KNEW was going to suck this year, yet these same people watch every week?

And then come back here to bitch about it some more?

Take lessons, n00b. That is how you get a 100 post thread.

Incite the mob.

Deberg_1990
10-13-2008, 12:06 PM
The current administration has already proven it isn't capable of managing this rebuilding project. For them to retain their jobs with even less to build around is insane.

That aint no lie.

The Dolphins seem to be rejuvenated under a new, more competent regime in just its first year.

Mr. Laz
10-13-2008, 12:09 PM
That aint no lie.

The Dolphins seem to be rejuvenated under a new, more competent regime in just its first year.
if you guys are really good you generally see positive results immediately.

Carl has just beaten so many excuses into the fans they just refuse to believe they have be so completely hoodwinked.

Deberg_1990
10-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Carl has just beaten so many excuses into the fans they just refuse to believe they have be so completely hoodwinked.

I could not agree more.

FAX
10-13-2008, 12:13 PM
WTF?

Do we REALLY need ANOTHER thread about this?

Frankly, I think we should have a billion three threads about this, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. Then we should print them out, wipe our asses with them, and send them first class mail to Clark.

FAX

StcChief
10-13-2008, 12:18 PM
stop buying tickets/merchandise see where it all lands in a year or so.

FAX
10-13-2008, 12:18 PM
if you guys are really good you generally see positive results immediately.

There can be no doubt. This organization believes the fans are fools. Unfortunately, if they continue to stand for this kind of behavior, they are.

For proof, just look at the propaganda that has come out of the front office on a regular basis for years. This is all about Carl and Herm divesting the organization of locker room skeptics, packaging the solution as somehow beneficial, and keeping their jobs. I've come to believe that the vast majority of Chiefs fans would eat their own feces if Carl told them it was best for the franchise.

Guess what? If these assholes would field a winning team, our best players wouldn't do their best to get the hell out of Dodge. What a concept.

FAX

OnTheWarpath15
10-13-2008, 12:22 PM
There can be no doubt. This organization believes the fans are fools. Unfortunately, if they continue to stand for this kind of behavior, they are.

For proof, just look at the propaganda that has come out of the front office on a regular basis for years. This is all about Carl and Herm divesting the organization of locker room skeptics, packaging the solution as somehow beneficial, and keeping their jobs. I've come to believe that the vast majority of Chiefs fans would eat their own feces if Carl told them it was best for the franchise.

Guess what? If these assholes would field a winning team, our best players wouldn't do their best to get the hell out of Dodge. What a concept.

FAX

Can't argue the first 2 paragraphs, but I'd like to ask a question, Mr. FAX.

Could you elaborate on who these "best players" are that want to skip town because we're losing? Other than Gonzalez, of course.

HypnotizedMonkey
10-13-2008, 12:23 PM

FAX
10-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Everything's wrong with this scenario.

Completely insane. That's the best description I've yet seen, Mr. Micjones.

The amazing part about it is that a lot of fans will (out of affection for Tony) think it's a good idea. When, in fact, this is madness. "Rebuilding" without your proven, consistent players and leaders has to top the list of stupid moves.

FAX

Buck
10-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Take lessons, n00b. That is how you get a 100 post thread.

Incite the mob.

Or you can just, you know, talk about how you want to have a 3some.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-13-2008, 12:25 PM
That's it! I'm mailing Carl the semen from 100 boars. Watch the news at 5:00!

OnTheWarpath15
10-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Or you can just, you know, talk about how you want to have a 3some.

ROFL

FAX
10-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Can't argue the first 2 paragraphs, but I'd like to ask a question, Mr. FAX.

Could you elaborate on who these "best players" are that want to skip town because we're losing? Other than Gonzalez, of course.

That's just a turn of phrase, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. The plural was not intended to be taken entirely literally.

However, now that you mention it, I would add Trent Green to the list. Also, it's fair to assume (we'll see about this, I suppose) that LJ will soon prefer to move along, as well.

FAX

KCUnited
10-13-2008, 12:30 PM
JA wanted out.

luv
10-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Or you can just, you know, talk about how you botched up having a 3some.

FYP

FAX
10-13-2008, 12:32 PM
JA wanted out.

I forgot about him, Mr. KCUnited. That deal was, I guess, more of a personality conflict with Carl though, wasn't it? Not necessarily about the Herm's brilliant management techniques.

FAX

Buck
10-13-2008, 12:35 PM
FYP

Thanks Luv. :)

luv
10-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks Luv.

Anytime. :)

KCUnited
10-13-2008, 12:36 PM
I forgot about him, Mr. KCUnited. That deal was, I guess, more of a personality conflict with Carl though, wasn't it? Not necessarily about the Herm's brilliant management techniques.

FAX

It certainly did appear that way. If JA hadn't of chased that poor bastard out of the endzone yesterday for a safety, we'd be closer to the #1 pick.

OnTheWarpath15
10-13-2008, 12:37 PM
That's just a turn of phrase, Mr. OnTheWarpath58. The plural was not intended to be taken entirely literally.

However, now that you mention it, I would add Trent Green to the list. Also, it's fair to assume (we'll see about this, I suppose) that LJ will soon prefer to move along, as well.

FAX

Fair enough. Thought you might have meant it literally.

But since you mentioned it, Trent wanted out because he wanted an opportunity to start, not because we were going to suck.

OnTheWarpath15
10-13-2008, 12:38 PM
JA wanted out.

Sure, because he knew that Carl wasn't going to pay him $70 million, and he was going to hold his past over his head.

And guess what, Carl was right.

Brock
10-13-2008, 12:39 PM

But since you mentioned it, Trent wanted out because he wanted an opportunity to start, not because we were going to suck.

The ironic thing is that Green probably would have started more games here than he has anywhere he has been since leaving.

EyePod
with enough top 5 picks, maybe we'll get so much talent that even these idiots can't **** it up

I think that's the Al Davis philosophy!!! They've really done well lately!! I can't wait!! The other good part about top 5 picks is that if they bust, it destroys your team and takes years for you to bounce back. Look at the Cardinals, they're finally doing something with all of those top 5 picks!

OnTheWarpath15
The ironic thing is that Green probably would have started more games here than he has anywhere he has been since leaving.

Yep.

StcChief
10-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5111652#post5111652)
Or you can just, you know, talk about how you botched up having a 3some.
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
FYP LMAO yeah. tough love in SanyEggo

FAX
10-13-2008, 12:45 PM

Okay ... let me be extremely specific, here.

It is my opinion that, were the franchise would field a successful team, veteran players are more likely to want to be a part of the organization. Further, I am convinced that sage veterans who have, in the past, been part of ... say ... record-setting offenses are far less likely to buy into Herm's approach, philosophy, coaching style, and general bullshit. Winning, or at least, fielding a competitive team, can go a long way in allowing players to overlook a lot of other things that, otherwise, might rub them the wrong way. Unfortunatly, we do not "win" under Herm. Nor are we "competitive" under Herm.

Therefore, veterans who know better are going to want to leave.

I don't think I can make it more clear than that.

FAX

kstater
10-13-2008, 03:27 PM

Making room for Price on the roster.

TEX
10-13-2008, 04:33 PM

They're such a fucking joke.

L.A. Chieffan
10-13-2008, 05:18 PM
L.A. Chief Fan, is actually the broken-record. He's just quoting him.

Gonzo has mistaken that dickhead CoMo for me LAChieffan. Which is understandable since we both post at Chiefsplanet but I have a slightly better intelligence

PastorMikH
10-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Rebuilding...GET OVER IT

Just because you have the ability to tear something apart doesn't mean you are going to be able to rebuild it.

SAUTO
10-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Just because you have the ability to tear something apart doesn't mean you are going to be able to rebuild it.

GREAT POST, might even be post of the year

Psyko Tek
10-13-2008, 06:14 PM
If we have no stars to speak of then expectations will be lower
and our stellar coaching staff and front office can say well look what ewe have to work with

Hydrae
10-13-2008, 06:35 PM
If we have no stars to speak of then expectations will be lower
and our stellar coaching staff and front office can say well look what ewe have to work with

I would have to look back at them and say, who's fault is that?

teedubya
10-13-2008, 06:47 PM
www.ihateclarkhunt.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

SAUTO
10-13-2008, 06:47 PM
www.ihateclarkhunt.com

you starting it??

Rain Man
10-13-2008, 06:48 PM
I would have to look back at them and say, who's fault is that?

And they would look back at you and say, "Ticket prices are going up 18 percent next year."