PDA

View Full Version : Football Why isn't Brady Quinn

KC kid
10-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Demanding a trade?

Oh yeah, only KC players disrespect management enough to do that.

sedated
10-13-2008, 07:26 PM
yur and idiot

Rain Man
Brady is keeping his mouth shut because he knows that Kansas City is a team that would be interested.

Farzin
Demanding a trade?

Oh yeah, only KC players disrespect management enough to do that.

Gonzalez is disrespecting the management? How many times has the management disrespected Tony Gonzalez? Many!

KC kid
yur and idiot

Your post says it all.

Sure-Oz
10-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Is that you Carl?

KC kid
10-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Gonzalez is disrespecting the management? How many times has the management disrespected Tony Gonzalez? Many!

How has management disrespected Tony? That is a ridiculous comment.

By paying him bigtime money?

By making sure he got 100 catches a couple times by throwing him one yard passes back in 04?

I can't believe people are taking Tony's side here. The Chiefs have treated him like he was a franchise QB. He took his money. He knew what he was in for. He made his bed and now does not want to rest in it.

Chiefs > Tony

Valiant
10-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Brady is keeping his mouth shut because he knows that Kansas City is a team that would be interested.

I actually agree with this..

Coaching is a joke..

PLAYcalling is a joke..

Talent wants off..

No direction on the future..

If I had NFL talent and was a FA or trade prospect I would refuse to go to KC...

Valiant
10-13-2008, 07:31 PM

By making sure he got 100 catches a couple times by throwing him one yard passes back in 04?

I can't believe people are taking Tony's side here. The Chiefs have treated him like he was a franchise QB. He took his money. He knew what he was in for. He made his bed and now does not want to rest in it.

Chiefs > Tony

He was also told the Chiefs would field a competitive team.. The Chiefs lied..

KC kid
10-13-2008, 07:32 PM
What a loser culture Chiefs management is allowing by catering to these ship jumpers.

DaFace
10-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Your post says it all.

You must be new here.

KC kid

What NFL team can guarantee to be competitive? You just never know. Tony is a moron if he did not see rebuilding around the corner. Everyone and their mother saw it.

KC kid
You must be new here.

Been a member longer than you

Sure-Oz
10-13-2008, 07:34 PM
KC kid is a true fan.

DaFace
10-13-2008, 07:35 PM

O RLY? :evil:

|Zach|
Quin doesn't haven't a fraction of the leverage Tony has earned and deserves in dealings like this.

KC kid
We are treating Tony G like he is a martyr. This has everything to do with the hatred of management here and people feeling like it is their way of sticking it to the man.

I love tony on the field, but he knew what he was getting into. He has been around long enough to know what Herm and Carl are all about

Skip Towne
10-13-2008, 07:38 PM

Add it again.

KcMizzou
10-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Add it again.Smells like a Johnny or Tom Cash alt.

Bearcat
10-13-2008, 07:40 PM
He knew what he was in for. He made his bed and now does not want to rest in it.

Chiefs > Tony

How dare he give the team that drafted him every chance to turn the franchise around so he could retire in Kansas City as the greatest TE ever, all with one team, and hopefully with some playoff success. AND THEN he has the balls to go to management and tell them he would like to win ONE F***ING PLAYOFF GAME before he retires???

Nuthooks!

|Zach|
10-13-2008, 07:41 PM
We are treating Tony G like he is a martyr. This has everything to do with the hatred of management here and people feeling like it is their way of sticking it to the man.

I love tony on the field, but he knew what he was getting into. He has been around long enough to know what Herm and Carl are all about

Total bullshit.

He knew he was getting into this total shit sandwich?

And what are Carl and Herm all about exactly? Whatever it is, none of it is going to change with the fans and players and people going about their daily business like the Chiefs can do and have never done wrong.

sedated
Smells like a Johnny or - ahem, shut your mouth - alt.

you people say that about every jackass that wanders in here and spills diarrhea from his mouth

|Zach|
This organization never deserved Tony G.

KcMizzou
10-13-2008, 07:42 PM
you people say that about every jackass that wanders in here and spills diarrhea from his mouthOnly because he's yapping about how long he's been here, when the name is obviously new.

DaFace
10-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Only because he's yapping about how long he's been here, when the name is obviously new.

I may have...umm...affected things a bit.

Hammock Parties
10-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Cleveland rocks.

Bearcat
Only because he's yapping about how long he's been here, when the name is obviously new.

I know this name is new, but I thought we had a kc kid? Maybe this is the same person, but learned that the initials of a city should be capitalized?

KC kid
How dare he give the team that drafted him every chance to turn the franchise around so he could retire in Kansas City as the greatest TE ever, all with one team, and hopefully with some playoff success. AND THEN he has the balls to go to management and tell them he would like to win ONE F***ING PLAYOFF GAME before he retires???

Nuthooks!

I just think Tony has been around long enough to know how pathetic Carl and Herm are. He signed the contract and cashed the checks. Is he a moron for not bailing when he had a chance? Yes. He kept cashing the checks though and Herm and Carl have done their pathetic best to try to win. Tony said he was all aboard on the rebuilding. I guess he just is panicking now that it is harder than he thought. I don't feel sorry for him at all. I feel sorry for us as KC fans that we invested so much money in that our beloved franchise player is just a tight end (and a punter). Dear God, why can't it be in a Left Tackle and Defensive End? Ah hell, they would just demand trades too. This is embarrassing!

KcMizzou
10-13-2008, 07:45 PM
I may have...umm...affected things a bit.Ha.. ahem. Gotcha.

Bwana
:spock:

|Zach|
This is embarrassing!

Obviously not enough. You are all about backing Carl on this.

KC kid
10-13-2008, 07:46 PM
I know this name is new, but I thought we had a kc kid? Maybe this is the same person, but learned that the initials of a city should be capitalized?

I have been on this board since Oct 2003 with this name. I just am a lurker in general. Just sick and tired of the players running the show. . . no matter how inept Carl is

Sure-Oz
10-13-2008, 07:47 PM
How is Tony running the show?? He asked and said if he doesn't get traded he will still play his ass off...

Carl likes Tony and will do his best to get this done. Carl and Herm have destroyed this franchise, i can't wait till they are gone.

KC kid
10-13-2008, 07:49 PM
I may have...umm...affected things a bit.

why? not cool

|Zach|
10-13-2008, 07:50 PM
I have been on this board since Oct 2003 with this name. I just am a lurker in general. Just sick and tired of the players running the show. . . no matter how inept Carl is

This isn't players...you don't get it. This reaction isn't for any player. That is why the Quinn reference was so lame.

Mike Cox can't pull this.
Tamba Hali can't pull this.
Brodie Croyle can't pull this.

This guy can. He has earned it. Screw this organization.

http://forum.sackthis.com/attachments/latest-headlines/78d1191199340-tony_gonzalez.jpg

Bearcat
10-13-2008, 07:50 PM
I just think Tony has been around long enough to know how pathetic Carl and Herm are. He signed the contract and cashed the checks. Is he a moron for not bailing when he had a chance? Yes. He kept cashing the checks though and Herm and Carl have done their pathetic best to try to win. Tony said he was all aboard on the rebuilding. I guess he just is panicking now that it is harder than he thought. I don't feel sorry for him at all. I feel sorry for us as KC fans that we invested so much money in that our beloved franchise player is just a tight end (and a punter). Dear God, why can't it be in a Left Tackle and Defensive End? Ah hell, they would just demand trades too. This is embarrassing!

For starters, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he signed the extension a few days after the end of Herm's first season, so it's not like Herm had been here for years. Again, shame on him for wanting to stick around. He sees what we see... not that the rebuilding is hard, but that we aren't rebuilding. The same thing we see... Herm is clueless, Gailey is handcuffed, other players want out, etc. So, he didn't sell high, so much for loyalty. :rolleyes:

KC kid
10-13-2008, 07:51 PM
How is Tony running the show?? He asked and said if he doesn't get traded he will still play his ass off...

Carl likes Tony and will do his best to get this done. Carl and Herm have destroyed this franchise, i can't wait till they are gone.

It is not just Tony. Trent Green and Jared Allen also did this. I know they are fan favorites, but their actions definitely killed the chiefs in any type of negotiating leverage.

KcMizzou
10-13-2008, 07:51 PM

Carl likes Tony and will do his best to get this done. Carl and Herm have destroyed this franchise, i can't wait till they are gone.I liked Brian Waters comment, when asked if he thought TG wouldn't play hard if a trade didn't happen. "Are you kidding me? He's too VAIN.... as a football player."

Even if your team sucks... you've still gotta have that personal pride to drive you.

KC kid
10-13-2008, 07:52 PM
This isn't players...you don't get it. This reaction isn't for any player. That is why the Quinn reference was so lame.

Mike Cox can't pull this.
Tamba Hali can't pull this.
Brodie Croyle can't pull this.

This guy can. He has earned it. Screw this organization.

http://forum.sackthis.com/attachments/latest-headlines/78d1191199340-tony_gonzalez.jpg

How can you compare Cox to a first round draft pick?

|Zach|
10-13-2008, 07:53 PM
It is not just Tony. Trent Green and Jared Allen also did this. I know they are fan favorites, but their actions definitely killed the chiefs in any type of negotiating leverage.

Business. Heard of it?

Aside from that...what about the organization has led players to do this?

Why?

Surely there is a reason.

|Zach|
10-13-2008, 07:53 PM
How can you compare Cox to a first round draft pick?

How can you compare Tony to Quinn.

You can't.

That is my whole point.

We are not talking about PLAYERS doing this.

We are talking about Tony doing this. And he has earned the right to do so.

Simply Red
10-13-2008, 07:54 PM
KC Kid, I know who you are.

KC kid
10-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Business. Heard of it?

Why?

Surely there is a reason.

I understand we all hate Herm and Carl. However, trent green left cause he was scared of competition. Tony G is wanting to leave cause he does not like what he signed up for. I am actually more OK with what Jared Allen did than any of the other two

KcMizzou
10-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Business. Heard of it?

Why?

Surely there is a reason.That's the thing. Gonzalez has always been a good soldier. If it were say.... LJ. I think KC Kid would have a point. He's always been disgruntled, and a bit of a pain in the ass.

And if Tony were 26, I don't think this would have happened.

The fact is, he's closing in on the end of his career. I'd love to see him retire as a Chief, but I completely understand where he's coming from.

Sure-Oz
10-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Tony is near the end of his career, i sure as hell don't want him rotting on a 1-15 franchise after being a soldier and a leader, not even John Alt had that demise!

Bearcat
10-13-2008, 07:58 PM
I understand we all hate Herm and Carl. However, trent green left cause he was scared of competition. Tony G is wanting to leave cause he does not like what he signed up for. I am actually more OK with what Jared Allen did than any of the other two

He's not happy because it's not what he signed up for. There's a big, big difference.

Bwana
10-13-2008, 07:59 PM
He's not happy because it's not what he signed up for. There's a big, big difference.

Bingo

KC kid
10-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Bingo

Then he is a moron for thinking Carl and Herm would get it right

KCBOSS1
10-13-2008, 08:03 PM
I thought that the whole not letting him break the record at home was the last straw.

Bwana
10-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Then he is a moron for thinking Carl and Herm would get it right

Well duh..........

jidar
10-13-2008, 08:37 PM

Chiefs > Tony

This is actually a pretty valid argument.

Spott
10-13-2008, 08:46 PM
The dude has put up with 12 years of playing for a pathetic franchise that will never go anywhere. This team is going to be a laughing stock for quite a while, so I don't see a problem with him inquiring about a trade to a franchise that is actually run by competent management.

Farzin
10-17-2008, 10:23 PM

Thank you. I thought it wasn't necessary for me to go into detail, but I guess some Chiefs fans didn't understand...

beach tribe
10-18-2008, 04:04 AM

Yup, and 36 mil in cap room doesn't mean shit when you would have to probably double a players market value to get him to sign a contract with this team.

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!......DAMN IT!!.............*sigh*

Otter
10-18-2008, 07:09 AM
It was pretty cut and dry for me, damn be it other circumstances, give him a shot at winning a super bowl as long as the other team picks up the rest of the tab.

Imagine being that good and knowing you're never going to win a super bowl let alone a playoff game because the team your on is holding you back.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-16-2013, 04:27 AM
It was pretty cut and dry for me, damn be it other circumstances, give him a shot at winning a super bowl as long as the other team picks up the rest of the tab.

Imagine being that good and knowing you're never going to win a super bowl let alone a playoff game because the team your on is holding you back.

wowzers...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sassy Squatch
02-16-2013, 06:26 AM
Nice bump

Said nobody ever.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-16-2013, 07:54 AM
Sweet Dick hitting gramp's cough syrup with this one?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-16-2013, 08:48 AM
lack of context. I thought otter was advocating quinn winning a SB. Which is of course completely ridiculous.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-16-2013, 08:49 AM
sweet dick prefers dayquil ftr....
Posted via Mobile Device

loochy
02-16-2013, 11:36 AM
Dude how the hell did you even FIND this?

Pasta Little Brioni
02-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Smoking Tamba's Premium Ganja?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-16-2013, 06:04 PM
lol i went through every thread in teh lounge.
"Tambas Premium: when stark reality needs a vacation".
Posted via Mobile Device