PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why should Tony Gonzalez be allowed to bail?

memyselfI
10-14-2008, 06:11 AM
He signed a contract in 2007 knowing full well how much the Chiefs have sucked and will suck. He CHOSE to stay here vs. going elsewhere were winning is a priority. Why should he be allowed bailout now that he realizes he made a mistake and the team is going nowhere fast?

He has been the one constant beacon of light for the team for many years now but does that give him the right to change his mind two years into his contract?

I like Tony and have always admired him but this just seems like a he's being a poor sport to me.

chiefs1111
10-14-2008, 06:34 AM
I know what you mean,as much as i like Tony,he took the money.....

Mecca
10-14-2008, 06:37 AM
I've always said he took the money so he had no place to complain but at the same time...he's an aging player at a position that isn't all that valuable if they can get something for him and clear his salary and signing bonus it would be worth it in the long run.

PhillyChiefFan
10-14-2008, 06:43 AM
I am torn. I believe he has earned the choice, but he did sign the contract last year when he could have left.

I think there is much more behind the scenes than what is discussed in the open.

bkkcoh
10-14-2008, 06:46 AM
:D

Meme started a football thread, how long has it been since that happened.

King_Chief_Fan
10-14-2008, 06:55 AM
I've always said he took the money so he had no place to complain but at the same time...he's an aging player at a position that isn't all that valuable if they can get something for him and clear his salary and signing bonus it would be worth it in the long run.

Now that is a reason for me to do a trade. NOT because he deserves it or as some here say he has earned it.

He doesn't deserve or have earned anything outside of the Chiefs organization. It is up to the Chiefs to decide what they should do with a dis -interested partner/employee.

FAX
10-14-2008, 06:59 AM
Gonzo's doing the right thing. If all our players asked for a trade, maybe - just maybe - Clark would do something.

If not, we'd sure have a lot of draft picks.

FAX

suds79
10-14-2008, 07:04 AM
Tony was going to get Franchised had he not signed. Who knows. Maybe they would of Franchised him the year after (a la Walter Jones) who got it several years in a row).

If a team wants you to stay, they can make it happen.

Or maybe Tony was just foolish in believing that the team could still make a run at it when he signed.

Either way it doesn't matter much. Forget about what Tony wants. Shipping him for future picks would be a good move.

Will Tony help us win games in the next couple of years? Not much. He's a TE and only has 3 yrs left max.

Perhaps this will force some of the Chiefs QBs to throw the ball opposite of D Bowe once in a while. Maybe a decent 2nd WR will emerge?

A deal could work for both sides.

Dartgod
10-14-2008, 07:08 AM
He signed a contract in 2007 knowing full well how much the Chiefs have sucked and will suck. He CHOSE to stay here vs. going elsewhere were winning is a priority. Why should he be allowed bailout now that he realizes he made a mistake and the team is going nowhere fast?

He has been the one constant beacon of light for the team for many years now but does that give him the right to change his mind two years into his contract?

I like Tony and have always admired him but this just seems like a he's being a poor sport to me.
Because he's a Republican.

Now go away.

Chiefnj2
10-14-2008, 07:08 AM
Gonzo's doing the right thing. If all our players asked for a trade, maybe - just maybe - Clark would do something.

If not, we'd sure have a lot of draft picks.

FAX

Colquitt needs to step up and raise some hell.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-14-2008, 07:55 AM
Tony didn't realize when he signed the contract that Herm was the Anti-christ!

smittysbar
10-14-2008, 08:01 AM
Just what this place needed. Another TG thread with a topic starter the same as the others. Brilliant

Fairplay
10-14-2008, 08:05 AM
This thread sucks.

KC Jones
10-14-2008, 08:07 AM

Since Gannon played for the Chiefs?

KC kid
10-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Since Gannon played for the Chiefs?

Kansas City is a town that loves mediocrity and loves their heros. He should not be allowed to abandon ship after taking the money.

PunkinDrublic
10-14-2008, 08:53 AM

She's been busy predicting that landslide Obama defeat.

dirk digler
10-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Well to be fair to Tony at the time he signed the contract the Chiefs weren't rebuilding

Frazod
10-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Most of us are in favor of Tony escaping this mess, so of course she's opposed to it. That's really all this boils down to.

BigChiefFan
Hey Tony, you haven't won a playoff game your ENTIRE TENURE in KC, yet, you magically thought Carl would suddenly become competent and turn the shipwreck around? Shame on you.

morphius
You bailed on the Chiefs a long time ago, so you should understand it completely.

Dartgod
10-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Most of us are in favor of Tony escaping this mess, so of course she's opposed to it. That's really all this boils down to.

You bailed on the Chiefs a long time ago, so you should understand it completely.
QFT

luv
10-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Didn't we let Trent do the same thing? Or was he at the end of his contract with us?

StcChief
10-14-2008, 10:04 AM
Tony get's a "Get outta Jail free card".... he's done everything asked of him with Chiefs and deserves more in the last 2 years of his career.... we aren't going anywhere, anytime soon..... let alone sniff the playoffs.....

Whatever we get 3rd-6th round pick is fine.

luv
10-14-2008, 10:09 AM
What good is a stinking contract then?

Bwana
10-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Back to the DC with your bad self, Raider Fan. :evil:

2bikemike
10-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Because he was a Class Act in all he has done for the Chiefs. Carl owes it to him. If no trade is done I bet he will still be a class act for the Chiefs. I wish he would comeback and coach after his playing days. I think he would do a great job of it.

Deberg_1990
10-14-2008, 10:42 AM

Ive always wondered that myself. Apparantly they mean nothing in pro sports??

Especially with head coaches.

rambleonthruthefog
10-14-2008, 10:43 AM
he should be allowed because the rules of the league allow him to. chiefs don't have to trade him and probably won't. To most it is very understandable at this point why TG would want to be somewhere else for the next 3 or 4 years.

RNR
10-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Are you a CBS fan? Thats where Gannon plays now, why are you talking about the Chiefs?

Pablo
10-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Eminem said it best:

"Shut up c*nt".

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Eminem said it best:

"Shut up c*nt".

ROFL

memyselfI
10-14-2008, 01:02 PM

Exactly. It's not like Tony didn't have a clue as to Carl's losing ways two years ago. It's a rather slippery slope precedent to set, IMO.