PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Titans ready to face Croyle

Hammock Parties
10-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Look out, Jeff Fisher! Here comes Croyle to save the day!

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081013/SPORTS01/81013059/1027

Kansas City quarterback Brodie Croyle is scheduled to start Sunday against the Titans, marking his return from a separated shoulder that kept him out for four weeks.

The third-year pro last played in Kansas City’s season opener on Sept. 7, but Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said he’s confident his staff has seen enough of Croyle to form a game plan.
http://www.tennessean.com/graphics/adlabel_horz.gif
<script language="JavaScript">OAS_AD('ArticleFlex_1');</script> Croyle was 25-of-43 passing for 217 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions in a 26-17 loss to the Titans in December.

“Last year he played well leading up to our game, and he played well in our game,” Fisher said Monday. “He made some plays in difficult playing conditions, on an icy, cold field. He knew where to go with the football. … I think he’s certainly a capable quarterback.”

In his lone game so far this season, Croyle completed 11 of 19 passes for 88 yards against the Patriots before leaving the game after being sacked by linebacker Adalius Thomas early in the third quarter.

Damon Huard, Tyler Thigpen and Marques Hagans have taken turns at quarterback, while Kansas City has fallen to 1-4. Both the Titans and Chiefs are coming off bye weeks.

“I think he gives them a boost,” Fisher said of Croyle. “Certainly with the extra days of practice, he has a chance to be productive.”

Sure-Oz
10-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Haynesworth will swallow him alive

Goapics1
10-14-2008, 09:34 AM
“I think he gives them a boost,” Fisher said of Croyle. “Certainly with the extra days of practice, he has a chance to be productive.”

Print 'em!

hawkchief
10-14-2008, 09:37 AM
In other news, "Bishop Miege Ready to Face Croyle".

Tiger's Fan
10-14-2008, 09:42 AM
I bet Fisher had a hard time saying all that with a straight face.

Bwana
10-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Their D is going to abuse Croyle, like a trainer abuses a circus monkey.

StcChief
10-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Translation: ok.... we promise not to hurt him right away....

talastan
10-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Hope Chan has nothing but bootlegs and rollouts planned because Croyle will have to be constantly on the move in order not to get killed. Hopefully he lasts for the half and then by some miracle Herm and Chan bench SackIntosh and Herbie moves to RT. They have to get some passes to any reciever opposite Bowe. Throw some to Franklin or Charles. Maybe Brodie will even be able to throw the ball with some touch since his shoulder will not be 100%. Of course I'm probably just being a blind homer but I still want to at least try to be competitive. :shrug:

phisherman
10-14-2008, 10:05 AM

seriously, haynesworth is big enough to swallow brodie whole.

Rooster
10-14-2008, 10:08 AM

ROFL Yup, pretty much.

Bob Dole
10-14-2008, 10:16 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yfsrg28jE7k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yfsrg28jE7k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Reerun_KC
10-14-2008, 10:37 AM

Fisher has more class in his pinky than Herm does throughout his whole body...

I wouldnt be surprised if Fisher told his players to hit, but not hurt our Brokie...

InChiefsHeaven
10-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Heh. Those poor poor bastards...

...they have no idea the hell that Brodie will unleash...

...I almost feel sorry for them...

...roll Tide...Go Chiefs...no mercy!!!

rochambeau

kepp
10-14-2008, 11:59 AM
In other news, "Bishop Miege Ready to Face Croyle".

ROFLROFL

Jawshco
10-14-2008, 06:15 PM
We really need some positive energy this week. To me there are always some contenders who are still under performing at this time of the season and some Pretenders that are overachieving. I know that the Titans are going to be a playoff team, but I just don't see them as having thing arsenal to be true contenders this year. They're a little better than the Broncos, but not as much as their record would indicate I'd wager.

What I'm trying to say is- they're a beatable team. Despite being unbeaten, I remain unconvinced that they're in the elite class of teams. If we can actually have Brodie cause enough noise through the air to get them to not stack the box, we'll be able to run this week with LJ, Kolby, Charles or whoever gets to play this week. Having an actual QB this week (hopefully Brodie doesn't suck or die) would be huge. We still have weapons in Bowe and Gonzo who can make it happen. Cox and Cottam are also solid when we need them. If our Defense can make sure we don't have to put up 30 points to win this game- or more realistically even 21 points- we do have a shot at this one.

I'm with the dreamers on this one. I say we pull out the much need upset victory and Brodie gets his first ever NFL win. It'll be a sweet Sunday if this happens. Plus it's my B-day, and I get a wish right? LOL!

ClevelandBronco
10-14-2008, 06:19 PM
The Titans are ready to face Croyle?

The Titans are ready to kill Croyle.

chiefs1111
10-14-2008, 06:19 PM

The first time he sacks Brodie,Brodie will be rolling around on the ground crying and holding his shoulder again...

Frazod
10-14-2008, 06:52 PM
What's Albert's status?

ClevelandBronco
10-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Yeah, but Huard will come out and win the game. Barely.

Which will screw up your draft order.

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2008, 07:26 PM
What's Albert's status?

Playing, according to Herm, via interview with Pat Kirwan on Sirius.

Priest31kc
10-14-2008, 07:42 PM
I kinda have a positive feeling about this game. I dont know why. I think we'll come out like we did against Denver. Hopefully Chan will be smart enough to do more rollouts against their D Line and use Brodie's mobility. I also saw somewhere where they said they would involve Franklin more and I guess Bradley is playing, so maybe we should get somebody besides Tony G and Bowe involved.

We're not going to run the ball. No way. If we do I will be shocked. The defense will have to win this game. And to be honest Im not worried about their offense, we will play better D at home and force some turnovers. Could be a close, low scoring game.

Reerun_KC
10-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Playing, according to Herm, via interview with Pat Kirwan on Sirius.

Until he gets hurt again....

TEX
10-14-2008, 08:04 PM
I bet Croyle doesn't even finish the game. I still can't believe Herm, Carl, and Claythan thought he was something...ROFL

10-14-2008, 08:06 PM
LMAO at the thread title.

TEX
10-14-2008, 08:06 PM
I kinda have a positive feeling about this game. I dont know why. I think we'll come out like we did against Denver. Hopefully Chan will be smart enough to do more rollouts against their D Line and use Brodie's mobility. I also saw somewhere where they said they would involve Franklin more and I guess Bradley is playing, so maybe we should get somebody besides Tony G and Bowe involved.

We're not going to run the ball. No way. If we do I will be shocked. The defense will have to win this game. And to be honest Im not worried about their offense, we will play better D at home and force some turnovers. Could be a close, low scoring game.

No way. The Titans have a defense. The Chiefs have already lost this game.

Tiger's Fan
10-14-2008, 08:15 PM

They're going to run the ball down our throat. Anybody but that moron rat knows this is the way to beat the Chiefs. Why he went away from the run I still can't figure out. They were averaging 4.8, yet only rushed 22 times.