PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Looks like Mark Bradley will play Sunday

Zouk
10-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Brodie Croyle on 810 this morning said Mark Bradley has been very good in practice the last few weeks - and that he's going to be a part of the offense. The way he talked about him I got the strong feeling that he will play this weekend.

This guy may end up starting before long. He has all the physical tools but has been hampered by knee problems. If he's healthy we might have lucked into a gift here.

Deberg_1990
10-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Woopee!

We have ourselves the next Rod Gardner!

Reerun_KC
10-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Brodie Croyle on 810 this morning said Mark Bradley has been very good in practice the last few weeks - and that he's going to be a part of the offense. The way he talked about him I got the strong feeling that he will play this weekend.

This guy may end up starting before long. He has all the physical tools but has been hampered by knee problems. If he's healthy we might have lucked into a gift here.

As long as he can block and play RT, we will be okay...

Frazod
10-14-2008, 10:34 AM
I'm sorry, but who the hell is Mark Bradley? :shrug:

Zouk
10-14-2008, 10:36 AM

Not a Big 12 fan I guess.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Bradley

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2008, 10:37 AM
Members of the Wehrmacht....

ATTACK!!

Frazod
10-14-2008, 10:38 AM

Well, excuse the fuck out of me for not keeping a list of everybody who ever played for the Gooners under my pillow at night.

patteeu
10-14-2008, 10:39 AM

Are you serious? If so, it's ironic that you're the guy who asks since he played for the NFL team in your backyard.

BTW, since you're a bit of a hot head, I didn't mean this in an offensive way. It just struck me as ironic.

Bwana
10-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Print Um

Hammock Parties
10-14-2008, 10:41 AM
I bet he catches one pass.

Just like Jeff Webb and Devard Darling.

StcChief
10-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Print Um the Chiefs SB ticket paper stock has deteriorated and yellowed just like the team.

Frazod
10-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Are you serious? If so, it's ironic that you're the guy who asks since he played for the NFL team in your backyard.

Yes, I'm in Chicago. No, I don't really follow the Bears, hence the whole CHIEFSPLANET THING. I watch them if the Chiefs aren't on or if the Chiefs are getting killed and I can't stand it anymore.

Good Lord.

:spock:

Frazod
10-14-2008, 10:45 AM
I bet he catches one pass.

Just like Jeff Webb and Devard Darling.

Apparently I should have a candlelit shrine to this guy in my closet.

KCrockaholic
10-14-2008, 10:48 AM
you mean like Will Franklin will be part of the offense too!

Hootie
Frazod, if you REALLY ever watch the Bears and you REALLY don't know who Mark Bradley is (considering he was a Bears player, and a Sooner)...it really makes me question A) your general football knowledge and B) I doubt you watched any Mizzou football before they suddenly began prominent again.

FAIR
WEATHER
FAN

Deberg_1990
Apparently I should have a candlelit shrine to this guy in my closet.

Come on Frazod,

Dont you know who the starting Center is for Texas Tech? They play in the Big 12.

Frazod
10-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Frazod, if you REALLY ever watch the Bears and you REALLY don't know who Mark Bradley is (considering he was a Bears player, and a Sooner)...it really makes me question A) your general football knowledge and B) I doubt you watched any Mizzou football before they suddenly began prominent again.

FAIR
WEATHER
FAN

Oh boy here comes Pootie to join the stats-nerd dogpile. I'm in trouble now.

Demonpenz
10-14-2008, 10:52 AM
It's the guy that caught pass after pass burning the tigers year after year.

actually I don't know. I just like a pile on

Hootie
10-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Come on Frazod,

Dont you know who the starting Center is for Texas Tech? They play in the Big 12.

Yeah, that's comparable....

If you're a fan of a Big 12 team, and have been for the past 5 years or so, and you don't know A SKILL PLAYER FROM OKLAHOMA WHO WAS A 2ND ROUND DRAFT PICK NAMED MARK BRADLEY...you're a pseudo-fan, plain and simple.

I doubt Frazod even watched a Mizzou football game prior to a few years ago.

Frazod
10-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Come on Frazod,

I don't even know who the starting safties are for Baylor. I guess I should just leap out the fucking window.

Frazod
10-14-2008, 10:55 AM

If you're a fan of a Big 12 team, and have been for the past 5 years or so, and you don't know A SKILL PLAYER FROM OKLAHOMA WHO WAS A 2ND ROUND DRAFT PICK NAMED MARK BRADLEY...you're a pseudo-fan, plain and simple.

So, does Mark Bradley have any weaknesses?

Hootie
Whatever Frazod...I live in the same state, have the same feeling about the Bears (watch them when I can't watch the Chiefs)...and if you know who Bernard Berrian is, you should know who Mark friggin' Bradley is...

The Bears had amazingly high hopes for the guy, and he beat out Berrian three years ago before his ACL injury.

If you REALLY have seen a Bears game in the last 4 years, you'd know who Mark friggin' Bradley is.

(Or a Mizzou game...or pay attention to the Big friggin' 12)...

If he was a LB, that's one thing...but a 2nd round skill position who lit up the Big 12 for Oklahoma?

Come fuckin' on.

Mr. Arrowhead

no joke

crazycoffey
10-14-2008, 10:57 AM
the Chiefs SB ticket paper stock has deteriorated and yellowed just like the team.

probably already been used and flushed, 15 years ago....

Hootie

Knee injuries.

His rookie year for the Bears, prior to the ACL, I thought (as well as everyone in Chicago) he was going to be a great WR...a deep threat comparable to Donte Stallworth...

He was Berrian before Berrian...but a little more sure handed.

I said weeks ago that I thought he might be a good pickup if he isn't totally damaged goods...Chicago sports radio was shocked he was released...but they gave up on him despite a solid camp because Ron Turner's hard on for Brandon Lloyd (former Illinois player).

Frazod
no joke

And now here come the little butthurt beakers to join the party.

Be sure to gather up some Bronco trolls, too.

Frazod
10-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Knee injuries.

His rookie year for the Bears, prior to the ACL, I thought (as well as everyone in Chicago) he was going to be a great WR...a deep threat comparable to Donte Stallworth...

He was Berrian before Berrian...but a little more sure handed.

I said weeks ago that I thought he might be a good pickup if he isn't totally damaged goods...Chicago sports radio was shocked he was released...but they gave up on him despite a solid camp because Ron Turner's hard on for Brandon Lloyd (former Illinois player).

So I guess he has weaknesses, then.

Unlike the Cubs. Right?

ArrowheadHawk
I don't even know who the starting safties are for Baylor. I guess I should just leap out the ****ing window.Have a nice trip.

Hootie
but even if he was the next Steve Smith, we won't get a chance to see it because Brodie or Tyler or whoever the fuck lines up behind center will average about 125 passing yards per game, all to Bowe/Gonzalez or a back, for the rest of the season because our line gives the QB's absolutely no time to progress through any read past #1...which is why Bowe gets so many targets...

Our QB's are scared shitless and just chuck the ball to whoever the play is called for. No reads, no progressions, just a lot of praying.

Demonpenz
When you get to be 40 or 50 it becomes hard to store ultimately meaningless football knowledge.

Hootie
10-14-2008, 11:01 AM
So I guess he has weaknesses, then.

Unlike the Cubs. Right?
At least they aren't "rebuilding"...whatever that means.

Rebuilding in baseball is the same as rebuilding in football, it's a myth that is used by fans to make excuses for their shitty team.

I'll bet you anything, and give you odds, that the Cubs have more wins than the Cards next year.

ArrowheadHawk
10-14-2008, 11:01 AM
but even if he was the next Steve Smith, we won't get a chance to see it because Brodie or Tyler or whoever the **** lines up behind center will average about 125 passing yards per game, all to Bowe/Gonzalez or a back, for the rest of the season because our line gives the QB's absolutely no time to progress through any read past #1...which is why Bowe gets so many targets...

Our QB's are scared shitless and just chuck the ball to whoever the play is called for. No reads, no progressions, just a lot of praying.With Croyle back we will be able to run the bootleg again. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays well the rest of the season.

Deberg_1990
10-14-2008, 11:02 AM

Of course not. I fully expect the Jerry Rice. Guys like that are available on the waiver wire every week.

Hootie
10-14-2008, 11:03 AM
With Croyle back we will be able to run the bootleg again. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays well the rest of the season.

I don't care if he posts a QB rating of 15, if he plays every snap for the rest of the season offensively, I'll be highly impressed.

Micjones
10-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Hopefully Bradley can provide a spark.
I won't hold my breath though. He hasn't been able to stay healthy and really hasn't done much in the NFL.

Hootie
10-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Of course not. I fully expect the Jerry Rice. Guys like that are available on the waiver wire every week.

Yawn.

It happens.

Mark Bradley has talent, but he's damaged goods.

One thing I do like about him is he has good family support and has a good head on his shoulders.

Plus he's not like Mike Williams where he got a bunch of money up front so he had no motivation to make a team again...Bradley has made little in his NFL career, so if he's motivated and gets healthy, he's better than anything we have other than Bowe.

I've seen him play a lot for Chicago, his rookie year and his third year and when he was on the field he made plays, plain and simple.

raybec 4
10-14-2008, 11:06 AM
I don't care if he posts a QB rating of 15, if he plays every snap for the rest of the season offensively, I'll be highly impressed.

If he plays every snap for the rest of the WEEK I'll be impressed.

Frazod
10-14-2008, 11:07 AM
When you get to be 40 or 50 it becomes hard to store ultimately meaningless football knowledge.

To be honest, I was never good with names. I remembered him after my memory was jogged. Big fucking deal. :shake:

Frazod
10-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Have a nice trip.

If I time it right, you'll be walking out the door at street level.

ziggysocki
10-14-2008, 11:09 AM

Rebuilding in baseball is the same as rebuilding in football, it's a myth that is used by fans to make excuses for their shitty team.

I'll bet you anything, and give you odds, that the Cubs have more wins than the Cards next year.

Nailed it on the "rebuilding" definition.

Frazod
10-14-2008, 11:10 AM

You kill me. You root for the worse franchise in all of sports, ultimate, century-long pathetic, cursed, choke-artist losers, and you still criticize other teams.

Hootie
10-14-2008, 11:13 AM
You kill me. You root for the worse franchise in all of sports, ultimate, century-long pathetic, cursed, choke-artist losers, and you still criticize other teams.

I'm 23 years old...they have only sucked for 11 years of my life...First 12 I lived in KC...so the Chiefs on the other hand...

Hootie
10-14-2008, 11:13 AM
I don't hang my hat on a championship that was won before I was a fan...Mr. THE CARDINALS HAVE 10 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Keep making yourself feel better about the sorry state of your baseball team.

Hootie
10-14-2008, 11:15 AM
I don't know what you don't get about baseball...the two #1 seeds both went down in the 1st round...

Your beloved Cardinals won the World Series a few years ago after winning 83 regular season games...

The playoffs don't determine the best team...the Cubs or the Angles were the best team this year...the playoffs determine which team was hot at the right time of the season.

Even the Royals win quite a few series during the year...

That's why I never once gave the Cubs higher than a 30% chance to win a World Series...the playoffs are too much of a crapshoot.

Frazod
10-14-2008, 11:16 AM
I don't hang my hat on a championship that was won before I was a fan...Mr. THE CARDINALS HAVE 10 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

Keep making yourself feel better about the sorry state of your baseball team.

Yes, because 2006 was such a long time ago.

I'll say one thing, though - if anybody deserves to be a Cub fan, it's you. LMAO

Hootie
10-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Yes, because 2006 was such a long time ago.

I'll say one thing, though - if anybody deserves to be a Cub fan, it's you. LMAO

Where did I mention 2006?

When I'm 50 years old, if the Cubs still haven't won by then, maybe against me your argument might have merit...but as of now, as a Cubs fan for slightly more than a decade...I'm ok...especially since my team is in the right market to be a winner in the near future.

I'm much more worried about the Chiefs.

Frazod
10-14-2008, 11:17 AM
The playoffs don't determine the best team...the Cubs or the Angles were the best team this year...the playoffs determine which team was hot at the right time of the season.

That's why they give out the big trophies to the teams with the best regular season record.... oh wait.

Hootie
10-14-2008, 11:20 AM
That's why they give out the big trophies to the teams with the best regular season record.... oh wait.

Well they could play 25 game series and then the results might be a little more accurate.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Yay, we signed Yatil Green.

Who gives a fuck?

StcChief
10-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Where did I mention 2006?

When I'm 50 years old, if the Cubs still haven't won by then, maybe against me your argument might have merit...but as of now, as a Cubs fan for slightly more than a decade...I'm ok...especially since my team is in the right market to be a winner in the near future.

I'm much more worried about the Chiefs.Right Market.... LMAO
that doesn't mean sh1t. They ownership/coaching/players ..... Market.....

we've done OK down here in mid-market STL.

My buddy is 40 grew up in Chi-town. Knows they implode. Wake up. Take off the Blue colored glasses.

Hootie
10-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Right Market.... LMAO
that doesn't mean sh1t. They ownership/coaching/players ..... Market.....

we've done OK down here in mid-market STL.

My buddy is 40 grew up in Chi-town. Knows they implode. Wake up. Take off the Blue colored glasses.

St. Louis is going to go downhill, and fast.

Mark my words.

The Cubs can continue to spend, and that will ALWAYS mean something...the Cards will always have a ceiling.

We're starting to see it...the central is going to belong to the Cubs for a long time until they implement some sort of salary cap.

Next 3 years with talent alone...it's going to be a lonely decade if you like the Cards...Frazod won't even know who the Cubs power hitting 3rd basemen is in a few years because he'll quit watching baseball while the Cards sit in 3rd or 4th place.

StcChief
10-14-2008, 11:28 AM

Mark my words.

The Cubs can continue to spend, and that will ALWAYS mean something...the Cards will always have a ceiling.

We're starting to see it...the central is going to belong to the Cubs for a long time until they implement some sort of salary cap.

Next 3 years with talent alone...it's going to be a lonely decade if you like the Cards...Frazod won't even know who the Cubs power hitting 3rd basemen is in a few years because he'll quit watching baseball while the Cards sit in 3rd or 4th place. The Blue glasses are getting darker. working their way to Black.

The future's so bright I gotta wear shades.....

We have heard this before.

I forgot our Farm system has completely imploded and nothing is in pipeline.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Funny how this thread has devolved from pimping a guy who was cut for being a gimp on a team with no receiving options whatsoever to a Cards-Cubs pissing match.

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2008, 11:29 AM

Mark my words.

Next 3 years with talent alone...it's going to be a lonely decade if you like the Cards...Frazod won't even know who the Cubs power hitting 3rd basemen is in a few years because he'll quit watching baseball while the Cards sit in 3rd or 4th place.

Translation:

My team can't get the job done, despite having more talent and a higher payroll - so I'm going to try to disparage the team with the most championships in baseball history, save the Yankees.

Brilliant.

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Funny how this thread has devolved from pimping a guy who was cut for being a gimp on a team with no receiving options whatsoever to a Cards-Cubs pissing match.

Ah, let Captain Butthurt whine and cry about his hero's shitting the bed AGAIN.

He's like the KCJ of baseball talk.

Hootie
10-14-2008, 11:33 AM
The Blue glasses are getting darker. working their way to Black.

The future's so bright I gotta wear shades.....

We have heard this before.

I forgot our Farm system has completely imploded and nothing is in pipeline.

Your farm system is comparable to the Cubs farm system...only we have a much (MUCH MUCH MUCH) better big league roster than you...

Next few years are going to be tough ones for you =(

Hootie
10-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Translation:

My team can't get the job done, despite having more talent and a higher payroll - so I'm going to try to disparage the team with the most championships in baseball history, save the Yankees.

Brilliant.
Here comes history again ROFL

Don't worry, for at least the next 3 years you'll be hanging your hat on this one A LOT.

Hootie
10-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Ah, let Captain Butthurt whine and cry about his hero's shitting the bed AGAIN.

He's like the KCJ of baseball talk.

Whining?

Right.

Go look in the CUBS WIN thread...I gave the Cubs a 30% chance, tops, to win a World Series this year.

They lost in the worst possible fashion.

It happens. The AL's best team lost as well. It's baseball.

Fortunately, we'll be back next year while you can root for .500 again!

Dartgod
10-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Well they could play 25 game series and then the results might be a little more accurate.
Seriously? ROFL

Hootie
10-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Seriously? ROFL

Dead.

How often do you see a #8 seed beat a #1 seed in the NBA?

Rarely ever happens...the best teams ALWAYS win in pro basketball.

Not in baseball.

And obviously a 25 game series is FAR from realistic, but I guarantee that at least the World Series winner would be more realistic every year...rather than the team who gets hot at the right time.

The Cardinals were probably what, the 10th, 11th, 15th best team in 2006?

Hootie
10-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Same with football..I know we've seen the Giants and Steelers win from the Wild Card over the past 5 years...but the majority of the time the best team, or the best seeds, advance in the NFL.

Baseball is the only sport where, once you get to the postseason, anything happens almost every year.

No one would have predicted the Cubs and Angels to combine for 1 win in the postseason this year.

But that's baseball.

DeezNutz
10-14-2008, 11:44 AM
**** it. Let's have a 163 game series. Two teams. One season. One championship.

Dartgod
10-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Dead.

Not in baseball.

And obviously a 25 game series is FAR from realistic, but I guarantee that at least the World Series winner would be more realistic every year...rather than the team who gets hot at the right time.

Whatever makes you feel better about your team choking away yet another opportunity to win it all there, Sport!

Hootie
**** it. Let's have a 163 game series. Two teams. One season. One championship.

Well that would be a totally accurate way to measure a champion in baseball.

Dartgod
Same with football..I know we've seen the Giants and Steelers win from the Wild Card over the past 5 years...but the majority of the time the best team, or the best seeds, advance in the NFL.

Baseball is the only sport where, once you get to the postseason, anything happens almost every year.

No one would have predicted the Cubs and Angels to combine for 1 win in the postseason this year.

But that's Cubs baseball.
FYP...

Hootie
10-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Whatever makes you feel better about your team choking away yet another opportunity to win it all there, Sport!

You think a 5 game series in baseball is an accurate way to determine the better team?

Like I said, put the worst team in baseball in the postseason every year...and 1 time out of every 10 years I bet they go on to win a World Series.

Just the way it works...

Hootie
10-14-2008, 11:49 AM
FYP...

Blah blah blah.

The Cubs have this division locked up for the next 3 years, at least.

If they DO win a World Series...it'll be the same bullshit with you idiots.

I'm sorry that baseball will be obsolete in St. Louis (just like football there) after the Cubs monopolize the Central.

I'll let you take it out on me...I can see how this is a painful transition for such a proud organization.

Dartgod
10-14-2008, 11:51 AM
You think a 5 game series in baseball is an accurate way to determine the better team?

Like I said, put the worst team in baseball in the postseason every year...and 1 time out of every 10 years I bet they go on to win a World Series.

Just the way it works...
Your and idiot.

Hootie
10-14-2008, 11:52 AM
The wine and cheese (splashed in with a bunch of dyke's) crowd at Busch (fitting name) will lose interest once your team starts losing. 20K crowds max...yikes!

Talk about a fair weather city...

At least the Cubs will always have their fan base...going to ANY Cubs home game is like going to a Chiefs game at Arrowhead in the 90s...the crowd is always eccentric and the place is ALWAYS full.

You bandwagoners make me sick (Frazod was probably a K-State football fan in the late 90s)...

Hootie
10-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Your and idiot.

Colorado went to the World Series two years ago riding one of the most amazing hot streaks anyone has ever seen...

This year, same team, same manager, they can't even compete in the worst division in baseball.

Have fun in 3rd/4th place next year, and the year after, and the year after...

Dartgod
10-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Colorado went to the World Series two years ago riding one of the most amazing hot streaks anyone has ever seen...

This year, same team, same manager, they can't even compete in the worst division in baseball.

Have fun in 3rd/4th place next year, and the year after, and the year after...
Are you still yapping about the Cubs choke job?

Pablo
10-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Thread recap:

Mark Bradley talk...

Hootie smack for fraz not knowing about Bradley.

Related smack from other posters.

Smack devolves into teh homosecks baseball discussion over my gay team vs. your gay team..

Blah blah blah.

Hootie
10-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Are you still yapping about the Cubs choke job?

Like usual, you are adding nothing with any substance.

I get it, you think I am an idiot, blah blah blah.

At least I can back up what I say with facts and opinions, you're just a bad one liner after another.

I know I know I know...your and idiot.

Blah blah blah. You guys are all the same. You can never rebut anything I say because you think about it, you realize I'm right, so you just repeat some cliche dumbass comment and then high five one another.

Congratulations on your creative approach.

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2008, 12:06 PM
The wine and cheese (splashed in with a bunch of dyke's) crowd at Busch (fitting name) will lose interest once your team starts losing. 20K crowds max...yikes!

Talk about a fair weather city...

At least the Cubs will always have their fan base...going to ANY Cubs home game is like going to a Chiefs game at Arrowhead in the 90s...the crowd is always eccentric and the place is ALWAYS full.

You bandwagoners make me sick (Frazod was probably a K-State football fan in the late 90s)...

Bandwagoners?

Go fuck yourself.

I've lived here for 36 years.

Fair weather city?

STL hasn't had less than 2.5 Million fans attend in a season for 13 years.

Feel free to check the attendance records before you run your mouth.

Hootie
10-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Bandwagoners?

Go **** yourself.

I've lived here for 36 years.

Fair weather city?

STL hasn't had less than 2.5 Million fans attend in a season for 13 years.

Feel free to check the attendance records before you run your mouth.

Uh, duh. I said baseball will BECOME obsolete, I never said it was already.

People will turn on that team once they start losing just like they all turned on the Rams.

I went to a Rams game last year against the Packers and it was 80% Packers fans, at least.

St. Louis is a bandwagon city. Once they start turning in 70 win campaigns (and it's on the horizon), attendance will drop.

I went to a Cardinals game this year...it was awful. I've never seen so many lesbians in my entire life.

Deberg_1990
10-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Dead.

Not in baseball.

Thats why i have a HUGE problem with the wild card round in MLB. I miss the old days when you had actual division races in Aug/Sept and there was only one round of the playoffs before the World Series.

Frazod
10-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Well that would be a totally accurate way to measure a champion in baseball.

You would have been a fan of the old days, back when there was only the American League and the National League, and the teams with the best record just played each other in the World Series.

Oh wait, the Cubs couldn't win then, either. LMAO

Hootie
10-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Thats why i have a HUGE problem with the wild card round in MLB. I miss the old days when you had actual division races in Aug/Sept and there was only one round of the playoffs before the World Series.

Positives and negatives...

As we stand right now, almost every year we have postseason races all the way up until the final game...this year we saw a team (White Sox) win 3 different games in 3 different stadiums against 3 different teams on the final 3 days to get into the playoffs...that was pretty awesome.

The old format saw a lot of races end a month before the regular season was even over...

However, the World Series champions back then were at least always the best teams.

I do think they need to do what the NBA has done and go to 7/7/7 rather than 5/7/7...

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Uh, duh. I said baseball will BECOME obsolete, I never said it was already.

People will turn on that team once they start losing just like they all turned on the Rams.

I went to a Rams game last year against the Packers and it was 80% Packers fans, at least.

St. Louis is a bandwagon city. Once they start turning in 70 win campaigns (and it's on the horizon), attendance will drop.

I went to a Cardinals game this year...it was awful. I've never seen so many lesbians in my entire life.

My God, you're a fucking dumbass. KCJ level-dumbass.

Here are the last 3 seasons the Cardinals won 70 games, and the attendance.

1997 (73-89) 32, 519/game. Total attendance was 400k over the NL Average.

1999 (75-86) 40,197/game. Total attendance was 900k over the NL Average.

2007 (78-84) 48,853/game. Total attendance was 750k over the NL Average.

You should probably quit before you make even more of a Sam Hall-like ass of yourself...

Hootie
10-14-2008, 12:17 PM
You would have been a fan of the old days, back when there was only the American League and the National League, and the teams with the best record just played each other in the World Series.

Oh wait, the Cubs couldn't win then, either. LMAO

Apparently history is the only leg you have to stand on...

Does it burn you to know that everything I have said about baseball in St. Louis is true in this thread?!

Is that why you have yet to respond?

I'm sure we won't be hearing much about Cardinals baseball from you in say...2 years?

Hope you're still around on this board so I can flame the living hell out of you, Mr. Fair Weather Fan!

Deberg_1990
10-14-2008, 12:19 PM
I do think they need to do what the NBA has done and go to 7/7/7 rather than 5/7/7...

I could live with that. Im not a fan of more games, but it might give the team who earned a better record over 162 more of an advantage (which should be the case).

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2008, 12:19 PM

Why?

So the Dodgers would have had to spend another night whipping your ass to get the sweep?

Hootie
10-14-2008, 12:20 PM
My God, you're a ****ing dumbass. KCJ level-dumbass.

Here are the last 3 seasons the Cardinals won 70 games, and the attendance.

1997 (73-89) 32, 519/game. Total attendance was 400k over the NL Average.

1999 (75-86) 40,197/game. Total attendance was 900k over the NL Average.

2007 (78-84) 48,853/game. Total attendance was 750k over the NL Average.

You should probably quit before you make even more of a Sam Hall-like ass of yourself...

Well, dingle dick face, 1999 there was a thing called Mark McGwire.

2007 was the year after they won a World Series...even the friggin' White Sox got attendance the year after they won a World Series.

I'm saying, in three years, after the Cardinals continue to lose and their roster is continued to be headlined by (other than Pujols) Ludwick and Ankiel...

People are going to stay home.

Bad pitching, bad defense, one star...frustration will set in. Guarantee it.

Those fans are going to turn their backs as soon as the losing sinks in. It will. The Cubs have this division LOCKED up for the foreseeable future.

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2008, 12:21 PM
I could live with that. Im not a fan of more games, but it might give the team who earned a better record over 162 more of an advantage (which should be the case).

They already have an advantage.

They get to play the first two games on their home field.

They also don't have to have the back end of their pitching rotation exposed by playing a longer series.

Sorry, but if you can't win at home, with your aces on the mound in Games 1 and 2, then you probably don't deserve to be a Champion of anything...

Dartgod
10-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Positives and negatives...

As we stand right now, almost every year we have postseason races all the way up until the final game...this year we saw a team (White Sox) win 3 different games in 3 different stadiums against 3 different teams on the final 3 days to get into the playoffs...that was pretty awesome.

The old format saw a lot of races end a month before the regular season was even over...

However, the World Series champions back then were at least always the best teams.
Like the '85 Royals?

Ooooooopss......

Hootie
10-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Why?

So the Dodgers would have had to spend another night whipping your ass to get the sweep?
Sure.

But no, it gives the team that goes down 3-0, or 2-0, a chance to go into panic mode.

It wouldn't have mattered for the Cubs this year because in game 3 they still had their best pitcher going...but in a 5 game series if you go down 0-2 you'll still have to rely on your #3 pitcher...if you go down 0-3 and still have that 4th game you can go into panic mode and start pitching your #1 and #2 on short rest...the Diamondbacks won a World Series strictly because of Schilling and Johnson years back.

Frazod
10-14-2008, 12:23 PM
Apparently history is the only leg you have to stand on...

Does it burn you to know that everything I have said about baseball in St. Louis is true in this thread?!

Is that why you have yet to respond?

I'm sure we won't be hearing much about Cardinals baseball from you in say...2 years?

Hope you're still around on this board so I can flame the living hell out of you, Mr. Fair Weather Fan!

Well, let's see.... I said the Cubs would choke in the playoffs as usual.

You said the Cubs have NO WEAKNESSES and would win the World Series.

And somehow through all of this, I'm the idiot?

LMAO

Please, keep it up. Your grousing over how great the Cubs are is funnier than any movie.

If only we had a 30 game playoff..... ROFL

Hootie
10-14-2008, 12:24 PM
They already have an advantage.

They get to play the first two games on their home field.

They also don't have to have the back end of their pitching rotation exposed by playing a longer series.

Sorry, but if you can't win at home, with your aces on the mound in Games 1 and 2, then you probably don't deserve to be a Champion of anything...

I hated the 5 game series in the NBA, and I hate them in the MLB. Am I not allowed to have an opinion on that?

Stay consistent. 7/7/7

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Well, dingle dick face, 1999 there was a thing called Mark McGwire.

2007 was the year after they won a World Series...even the friggin' White Sox got attendance the year after they won a World Series.

I'm saying, in three years, after the Cardinals continue to lose and their roster is continued to be headlined by (other than Pujols) Ludwick and Ankiel...

People are going to stay home.

Bad pitching, bad defense, one star...frustration will set in. Guarantee it.

Those fans are going to turn their backs as soon as the losing sinks in. It will. The Cubs have this division LOCKED up for the foreseeable future.

Yep, more "facts" from one of the biggest dumbasses on the board.

Oh, and good job on being content with the Central crown.

Translation: My team chokes when it matters most, but we blame it on goats, black cats, and some fucktard in headphones.

Ah, memories...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VFne-94DSQk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VFne-94DSQk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2008, 12:26 PM
I hated the 5 game series in the NBA, and I hate them in the MLB. Am I not allowed to have an opinion on that?

Stay consistent. 7/7/7

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

ROFL

Hootie
10-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Well, let's see.... I said the Cubs would choke in the playoffs as usual.

You said the Cubs have NO WEAKNESSES and would win the World Series.

And somehow through all of this, I'm the idiot?

LMAO

Please, keep it up. Your grousing over how great the Cubs are is funnier than any movie.

If only we had a 30 game playoff..... ROFL

I said the Cubs would win the World Series? You show me that post. You're a dumb fuck. I never ONCE was quoted saying that.

I gave them a 30% chance...it's in that thread you find so amusing.

You know, I know it...and shit, it's easy to predict that a team will lose in the World Series...8 teams...saying 1 will choke is a no brainer...

You have a pretty fucking good chance of being right.

You know, but at least the Cubs will have another chance next year. And the year after. And the year after.

At least you'll have your lesbians!

Hootie
10-14-2008, 12:28 PM
now we're busting out the youtube history!!! Yes! Awesome!

"Our team is going to suck for the next three years, at least, but at least I have this youtube video bookmarked so it can settle my arguments for me! WE'RE REBUILDING! OUR FARM SYSTEM IS RICH! RYAN LUDWICK!"

Frazod
10-14-2008, 12:28 PM
:)

Reerun_KC
10-14-2008, 12:31 PM
this thread is teh Ghey!

OnTheWarpath15
now we're busting out the youtube history!!! Yes! Awesome!

"Our team is going to suck for the next three years, at least, but at least I have this youtube video bookmarked so it can settle my arguments for me! WE'RE REBUILDING! OUR FARM SYSTEM IS RICH! RYAN LUDWICK!"

Settle agruments?

No, I just like reliving a great event, that I was lucky enough to attend in person.

There IS no argument.

10 Championships in the last 100 years, to the Cubs 1, speaks for itself.

I'd hate history if I were you, too.

Hootie
and besides, all of you morons midway through the season we're citing the fact the Cubs had all of these games down the stretch against St. Louis and Milwaukee and all of you morons were predicting they'd choke down the stretch and St. Louis would win the central...when you all realized that St. Louis was a fraud (which they were)...you shifted your gears to those 10 titles (whooopeee!) and your "rich" farm system (and I quote that because no media outlet ranks the Cardinals farm system in any top 10 in the majors)...

You all have fun with that great 83-79 2006 miracle...I congratulate you on being the worst World Champion ever crowned...that's awesome. I mean it. I wish the Chiefs could stumble into the playoffs and win a Super Bowl...no one could take that away from me.

So cheers from the top of the division for the next X amount of years! You'll always have 2006!

StcChief
10-14-2008, 12:32 PM
:)ROFL "this was suppose to be our year"

AGAIN WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR..... Cubs never change.

Hootie
10-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Settle agruments?

No, I just like reliving a great event, that I was lucky enough to attend in person.

There IS no argument.

10 Championships in the last 100 years, to the Cubs 1, speaks for itself.

I'd hate history if I were you, too.

Citing 100 years?

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard.

Hey buddy, I was born in 1985, in Overland Park, KS. I moved to Illinois in 1997. I started watching the Cubs during the Sosa/McGwire era and that's how they became my baseball team. Strictly a regional thing.

So god forbid they haven't won a World Series in the 11 years of me being a fan! Seriously. It's so painful. I don't know what I am ever to do!

Trust me, I'm much more worried as a Chiefs fan than I am as a Cubs fan.

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2008, 12:34 PM
and besides, all of you morons midway through the season we're citing the fact the Cubs had all of these games down the stretch against St. Louis and Milwaukee and all of you morons were predicting they'd choke down the stretch and St. Louis would win the central...when you all realized that St. Louis was a fraud (which they were)...you shifted your gears to those 10 titles (whooopeee!) and your "rich" farm system (and I quote that because no media outlet ranks the Cardinals farm system in any top 10 in the majors)...

You all have fun with that great 83-79 2006 miracle...I congratulate you on being the worst World Champion ever crowned...that's awesome. I mean it. I wish the Chiefs could stumble into the playoffs and win a Super Bowl...no one could take that away from me.

So cheers from the top of the division for the next X amount of years! You'll always have 2006!

Yep, we'll always have 2006.

And 1982.

That IS ten, isn't it?

Where are yours?

Hootie
10-14-2008, 12:34 PM
ROFL "this was suppose to be our year"

AGAIN WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR..... Cubs never change.

At least we'll be there next year.

I rather choke in the playoffs than not be there at all.

Boston was never going to win, either.

You have to be there to win it, something the Cardinals won't be experiencing for the rest of this decade, at least.

Hootie
10-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Yep, we'll always have 2006.

And 1982.

That IS ten, isn't it?

Where are yours?

So 1 since I was born? Congratulations.

1-0 Cardinals.

Why do I give a shit about the Cardinals winning a World Series in 1931? Really? This is what you are hanging your hat on? 1931? 1926? 1982?

Who gives a shit?

Were you a big 1926 Cardinals buff?! Were they even in St. Louis in 1926? 1931?

Shit dude, if you think I sound dumb...read some of your last posts. For christ's sake.

alanm

I remember him. I always get him confused with Mark Clayton of the Ravens.
He was good at Oklahoma. Maybe he'll pan out.

OnTheWarpath15
Citing 100 years?

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard.

Hey buddy, I was born in 1985, in Overland Park, KS. I moved to Illinois in 1997. I started watching the Cubs during the Sosa/McGwire era and that's how they became my baseball team. Strictly a regional thing.

So god forbid they haven't won a World Series in the 11 years of me being a fan! Seriously. It's so painful. I don't know what I am ever to do!

Trust me, I'm much more worried as a Chiefs fan than I am as a Cubs fan.

I guess only a handful of the Yankees championships count as well, since they happened before you were born?

Dodgers?

And you're about as big a hypocrite as their is on the board.

You lived in KC until you were 12, THEN ditched them for the Cubs, just because you moved?

And you're calling people who have lived in STL their entire lives bandwagon fans?

cookster50
10-14-2008, 12:39 PM

FAIR
WEATHER
FAN

Yep, anyone that is a Chiefs fan is a fair weather fan........

Hootie
10-14-2008, 12:41 PM
I guess only a handful of the Yankees championships count as well, since they happened before you were born?

Dodgers?

And you're about as big a hypocrite as their is on the board.

You lived in KC until you were 12, THEN ditched them for the Cubs, just because you moved?

And you're calling people who have lived in STL their entire lives bandwagon fans?
My dad had season tickets to the Chiefs when I was 5-12...I never cared about the Royals. My mom always lived in Illinois and she and my stepdad turned me into a diehard Bulls fan as a young kid...the only teams I cared about as a kid were the Chiefs and the Bulls...baseball was strictly 'oh I'm home from school and the Cubs are on WGN' when I was in middle school...and then Sosa happened and the Kerry Wood game and I was hooked.

Still...

It's the

Chiefs
GAP
GAP
GAP
Bulls
Cubs

and that's it.

Frazod
10-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Here's one of my favorite Hootiesnippets.... :D

such a bitter little guy...it's too bad I have $20 on Mizzou tonight...actually, I'll gladly lose the $20 to see you cry a little more...

Tough year for you.

And the Cubs don't have any weaknesses...they are going to win 100 games this year. They are EASILY the frontrunners to win the World Series. The pre-game show on Fox today was all about the Cubs HAVING no weaknesses...

But hey, at least you guys have a "rich" farm system...sure, it's not in the top 10 but you're "rebuilding" through your "rich" farm system!

Haha! KICK THEM WHILE THEY'RE DOWN!

So tell me, to the Fox pregame show guys spend their time whining about their chokeartist team on internet football boards, or is that just you?

Hootie
10-14-2008, 12:43 PM
Here's one of my favorite Hootiesnippets.... :D

So tell me, to the Fox pregame show guys spend their time whining about their chokeartist team on internet football boards, or is that just you?

and were they not the frontrunners?

Saying they are the frontrunners is in NO WAY saying they are going to win the World Series...

Now go dig up the post where I gave the Cubs a 30% chance of winning the World Series.

You're a dumbfuck.

You're proving MY point.

Frazod
10-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Here's another one:

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2008, 12:45 PM

You have to be there to win it, something the Cardinals won't be experiencing for the rest of this decade, at least.

Thanks for the expert analysis, Captain Butthurt.

Of course you'd rather choke in the playoffs. You know nothing else.

Hootie
10-14-2008, 12:46 PM
QUIN
SNYDER

Frazod
10-14-2008, 12:48 PM

Saying they are the frontrunners is in NO WAY saying they are going to win the World Series...

Now go dig up the post where I gave the Cubs a 30% chance of winning the World Series.

You're a dumbfuck.

You're proving MY point.

So let's talk about the "NO WEAKNESSES" part, since you're so hung up on what you said.

I guess since I'm a dumbfuck and all, I can't understand how a team with no weaknesses gets swept by the friggin Dodgers.

Frazod
10-14-2008, 12:50 PM
I like this one, too.

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Still my all time fave:

WilliamTheIrish
10-14-2008, 12:54 PM

FAIR
WEATHER
FAN

Bradley was decent at OU but he certainly wasn't a household name. His best year at OU he caught 22 passes. Course he was playing opposite Clayton.

Simply Red
10-14-2008, 12:59 PM
I like this one, too.

PWNAGEl

Simply Red
10-14-2008, 01:02 PM

You're a dumb****.

You're proving MY point..

triple
10-14-2008, 01:02 PM

FAIR
WEATHER
FAN

you're the biggest dbag on the internet

Simply Red
10-14-2008, 01:04 PM

Lil Jacob?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-14-2008, 01:10 PM

If we just went from when you were born:

The Cardinals have won 4 Pennants and 1 WS. They were two games away from 3 WS. The Cubs: 0 and 0.

The Cardinals have been to the playoffs 9 times, the Cubs have been 4 times.

The Cardinals have won 11 playoff series, the Cubs have won 2.

The Cardinals have won 8 division titles, the Cubs have won 4.

Simply Red
10-14-2008, 01:12 PM
.Frazod, if you REALLY ever watch the Bears and you REALLY don't know who Mark Bradley is (considering he was a Bears player, and a Sooner)...it really makes me question A) your general football knowledge and B) I doubt you watched any Mizzou football before they suddenly began prominent again.

FAIR
WEATHER
FAN

Frazod
10-14-2008, 01:12 PM
If we just went from when you were born:

The Cardinals have won 4 Pennants and 1 WS. They were two games away from 3 WS. The Cubs: 0 and 0.

The Cardinals have been to the playoffs 9 times, the Cubs have been 4 times.

The Cardinals have won 11 playoff series, the Cubs have won 2.

The Cardinals have won 8 division titles, the Cubs have won 4.

The Cubs have only won one playoff series, against the Braves in 2003. I always enjoy reminding my wife about that. :evil:

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2008, 01:13 PM

The sad part about it?

He knows it, and is proud of it.

CoMoChief
10-14-2008, 01:23 PM
We have to pass the ball downfield first, which we wont do.

Pablo
10-14-2008, 01:59 PM
We have to pass the ball downfield first, which we wont do.Stop talking about Bradley and football.

This is obvious a gheysball thread. Cubs suck. No...the Cards suck.

History...blah..blah..blah..tradition...blah...blah..blah..choke artists and so forth. We were better this year...blah...blah...blah.

Seriously though, I'm glad you can cling to the Cards tradition guys.

Nebraska football fans can cling to their tradition as well. It's worked wonders for Sam Hall.

Frazod
10-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Stop talking about Bradley and football.

History...blah..blah..blah..tradition...blah...blah..blah..choke artists and so forth. We were better this year...blah...blah...blah.

Nebraska football fans can cling to their tradition as well. It's worked wonders for Sam Hall.

Yeah, because 2006 was soooooooooooooooooo long ago. :rolleyes:

OnTheWarpath15
10-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Stop talking about Bradley and football.

If the Cardinals are irrelevant for the next 10 years like the Huskers have been for the last 10, then you'll have point.

chiefsngop
10-14-2008, 02:17 PM
The only way Bradley rises to prominence in KC is if he follows the Herm Doctrine of going no more than 5 yards downfield at any time.

Herm refers to any area beyond 5 yards of the line of scrimmage as the "dangerous scary arena football I don't know what's gonna happen zone".

RustShack
10-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Get ready for him to emerge... CROYLE TO BRADLEY!!! CHIEFS BEAT THE TITANS!!!

Hootie
10-14-2008, 07:40 PM

Hmm...

I suppose if I was the biggest 'dbag' on the internet, I might just start a new account to try and fit in?

Oh wait, that's you...