PDA

View Full Version : Video Games FIFA 09

Buck
10-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Anybody pick it up yet???

Which team are you going to use right off the bat?

Jewish Rabbi
10-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Soccer?

Maybe Claythan will get it, but most people on this board are straight...

QuikSsurfer
10-14-2008, 03:14 PM
I'll be picking it up tomorrow. I can't find a store that is selling it today.

Valencia

Buck
10-14-2008, 03:20 PM
I'll be picking it up tomorrow. I can't find a store that is selling it today.

Valencia

I'm picking it up from Game Stop on my way home, that is unless I get called to duty tonight.

Buck
10-14-2008, 03:50 PM
WTF, the release date is today, but I cant get it from Game Stop until tomorrow...WTF is that?

QuikSsurfer
10-14-2008, 03:54 PM
WTF, the release date is today, but I cant get it from Game Stop until tomorrow...WTF is that?

This is how it always is: the release date that is posted is always the SHIP date. So add 1 day to the "release day" and that's when you can find it in stores.

schneider221
10-14-2008, 04:08 PM
I played the hell out of fifa 08 so i plan on picking this up soon. I will be using Inter Milan like i have the last 3 or 4 releases.

kcxiv
10-14-2008, 04:12 PM
I want to get it, but i think i am going to hold off for a while. Going to get Fallout3 then LBP first. Maybe when it drops a little

Ultra Peanut
10-14-2008, 04:23 PM
The demo was amazing. EA's made so much progress on FIFA over the past three years, while Konami continues to sleep through this generation of games.

I'll probably play with Chelsea at the beginning. Maybe Marseille.

kcxiv
10-14-2008, 04:25 PM
I downloaded the PES demo and i really was hoping to like it becuase i hate EA, but PES sucks ass. In this day and age you can only run in 8 directions? are you kidding me? lol

I didnt play enough of the Fifa demo to know if my teammate AI is still retarded as it was in 08. That shit used to pissssss me off.

Thig Lyfe
10-15-2008, 02:21 PM
I'd play with the Wizards!

Silock
10-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Going to pick it up tonight. Fall break is tomorrow so I won't feel so guilty.

And I'm going to use Arsenal. Of course.

QuikSsurfer
10-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Just picked this up today and I got $27 trade in credit for Madden (doesn't include the extra 20% off coupon) :-/

I'll be playing after work tonight. Can't wait.

Buck
10-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Just picked this up today and I got $27 trade in credit for Madden (doesn't include the extra 20% off coupon) :-/

I'll be playing after work tonight. Can't wait.

Me Too...

You have PS3 or 360?

If you have PS3 we should play online against eachother.

HolmeZz
10-15-2008, 03:09 PM
I'll get it eventually.

I'm a Liverpool man.

QuikSsurfer
10-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Me Too...

You have PS3 or 360?

If you have PS3 we should play online against eachother.

360 here

kcxiv
10-15-2008, 03:40 PM
As much as i want to play fifa 09. Going to hold out for Fallout 3 and LBP next week. I cant spend 180 bucks on games in 7 days.

Buck
10-15-2008, 03:41 PM
As much as i want to play fifa 09. Going to hold out for Fallout 3 and LBP next week. I cant spend 180 bucks on games in 7 days.

Thats a loser's attitude.

You go and you buy it, tonight.

Fallout 3 can wait.

I've been watching my brothers play it, and honestly, I don't think it is going to live up to the hype.

QuikSsurfer
10-15-2008, 03:45 PM

I had a tough choice today in deciding between Fifa and Dead Space... I've decided that Dead Space will be a rental and Fifa and Fallout 3 are must buys.

I did almost pull the switch on Dead Space today :) ... ughh priorities are holding up my funds

GoTrav
10-15-2008, 03:45 PM
picking it up tonight.

triple
10-15-2008, 03:46 PM

same here. the guy said that it usually takes a day or two for them to filter out across the country. i went to all the retailers and to gamestop yesterday evening and no one had it.

spurs/villa for me probably. what's the point in playing as one of the world's most powerful teams and bludgeoning the elevator squads?

Buck
10-15-2008, 03:54 PM
same here. the guy said that it usually takes a day or two for them to filter out across the country. i went to all the retailers and to gamestop yesterday evening and no one had it.

spurs/villa for me probably. what's the point in playing as one of the world's most powerful teams and bludgeoning the elevator squads?

Yeah, thats why I don't want to do that again this year...

It's fun to play with Man U and Barcelona, but you win every game...

kcxiv
10-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Thats a loser's attitude.

You go and you buy it, tonight.

Fallout 3 can wait.

I've been watching my brothers play it, and honestly, I don't think it is going to live up to the hype.

Yeah, i hear you on that. I bought MGS4 and while i think its a ok game, i dont think its all that awesome. I havent even finished it, i think i am at the end of the 2nd or 3rd act. I just have no desire to keep on. I may trade that in, and get another game.

JBucc
10-15-2008, 06:41 PM
I don't know anything about the teams but I played with Chelsea in the demo. I like that Drogba guy.

triple
10-15-2008, 08:21 PM
got it, started the Be A Pro mode. like it so far. They need to expand it to go more than 4 seasons.

But playing 4 seasons worth of league games, cup games, uefa/euro, as well as for your national side if you're called up, that's still a lot of matches.

i wish there were more EPL stadiums.. same five as last year

Silock
10-15-2008, 09:30 PM
I don't know anything about the teams but I played with Chelsea in the demo. I like that Drogba guy.

So does everyone else.

AR-Senal!
AR-Senal!
AR-Senal!

QuikSsurfer
10-15-2008, 11:24 PM
I love this game.

That is all.

Buck
10-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Finally got home just now and I'm about to pop it in...CANT WAIT

triple
10-16-2008, 12:03 PM
created a midfielder on Be A Pro. I suck terribly. I can only get the goal match ratings for the extra points about half the time. I have yet to score a goal, but my goal for the season is only 3.

you start on the reserve team, which means they move you around a lot, I've played in the center and on the left as well as at striker once.

it's hard to read the field while you're moving with the ball and people are after you, and it's hard to get scoring chances for yourself, although i had good luck creating them.

I wish there were some kind of simulated interaction with your teammates or manager or popularity with fans like there is in the legend mode in those college football games.

Silock
10-16-2008, 03:24 PM
The only thing I don't like about Be A Pro is that when the ball isn't near you, the camera stays on you. I can't find a camera mode that doesn't do that.

BTW, midfielders are much harder to get ratings with than strikers. I created a striker and am averaging a hat trick every game. All you have to do is pump your finishing, speed and acceleration stats, and call for the ball and run on to it for an easy finish.

QuikSsurfer
10-16-2008, 05:01 PM
The only thing I don't like about Be A Pro is that when the ball isn't near you, the camera stays on you. I can't find a camera mode that doesn't do that.

BTW, midfielders are much harder to get ratings with than strikers. I created a striker and am averaging a hat trick every game. All you have to do is pump your finishing, speed and acceleration stats, and call for the ball and run on to it for an easy finish.

If you're playing on the 360, hit the "select" button to switch to the ball camera.

I'd also recommend using the "tele" camera mode.

Rep is accepted.

triple
10-16-2008, 07:13 PM

i noticed that last year in the be a pro mode but it doesn't sound very challenging to average a hat trick...

Silock
10-16-2008, 07:28 PM
i noticed that last year in the be a pro mode but it doesn't sound very challenging to average a hat trick...

Well, I'm also still playing against the reserves. I would hope the first team is better.

Silock
10-16-2008, 07:28 PM
If you're playing on the 360, hit the "select" button to switch to the ball camera.

I'd also recommend using the "tele" camera mode.

Rep is accepted.

Thanks!

I still hate Tele camera, though.

CHIEF4EVER
10-16-2008, 11:52 PM
So does everyone else.

AR-Senal!
AR-Senal!
AR-Senal!

There is only 1 acceptable team to play.......Manchester United. :D

kcxiv
10-17-2008, 02:01 AM
There is only 1 acceptable team to play.......Manchester United. :D

Isnt that the front running team everyone always picks to follow? lol

triple
10-17-2008, 10:53 AM

the 'big four' teams are manchester united, chelsea, liverpool, and arsenal. for the last 15 or so years, no team from outside that group has won the league. liverpool hasn't, but no team outside that group ever finishes out of the top 4. there hasn't even been a third place team outside them in almost a decade.

those four outspend the other clubs mightily, take the top four spots in some order every year, take all the champion's league berths. picking up a team from that group is like spontaneously becoming a patriots fan, tom brady's ACL not withstanding

QuikSsurfer
10-17-2008, 10:53 AM

Yup

triple
10-17-2008, 10:54 AM
there should be a button to make ronaldo take a dive and then sit there on the ground pouting while play goes on. :D

Ultra Peanut
10-17-2008, 03:16 PM
the 'big four' teams are manchester united, chelsea, liverpool, and arsenal. for the last 15 or so years, no team from outside that group has won the league. liverpool hasn't, but no team outside that group ever finishes out of the top 4. there hasn't even been a third place team outside them in almost a decade.

those four outspend the other clubs mightily, take the top four spots in some order every year, take all the champion's league berths. picking up a team from that group is like spontaneously becoming a patriots fan, tom brady's ACL not withstandingMy Chelski love is pure. GOD DAMN YOU ROMAN BRING BACK JOSE

triple
10-17-2008, 03:23 PM
My Chelski love is pure. GOD DAMN YOU ROMAN BRING BACK JOSE

i'm sure he could secure the services of another successful manager, by making them an offer they can't refuse.

i do like essien though, shame about his knee injury

Silock
10-17-2008, 04:55 PM
there should be a button to make ronaldo take a dive and then sit there on the ground pouting while play goes on. :D

LOL rep

Wa-Z
10-17-2008, 11:34 PM
I have it...let's play this weekend...

Buck
10-18-2008, 01:00 PM
I have it...let's play this weekend...

Sweet, what time???

Fuck. I just realized that I got drunk and left it at my friends house last night because I didn't want to be drunk and leave it in the cab.

I'll see if you are on later.

Sully
10-18-2008, 03:45 PM
I bought a FIFA game about 6 years ago, because I wanted to learn more about the setup of a soccer season.

It kinda sucked...because it didn't teach me much. And the game play bored me. On the medium level, I'd just run down the field, send a guy and pass to him, and score at will. The next level up, I couldn't do a damn thing. There was no in between for me. It was maddening.
Has it gotten better about that since then?

Silock
10-18-2008, 04:41 PM
I bought a FIFA game about 6 years ago, because I wanted to learn more about the setup of a soccer season.

It kinda sucked...because it didn't teach me much. And the game play bored me. On the medium level, I'd just run down the field, send a guy and pass to him, and score at will. The next level up, I couldn't do a damn thing. There was no in between for me. It was maddening.
Has it gotten better about that since then?

FIFA 6 years ago was terrible.

This year's FIFA is the best soccer game to date.

BTW, different leagues have different structures for how the season plays out.

Buck
10-19-2008, 10:30 AM
So I went over to my buddies house a few nights ago and we played 5 games. I dont remember the teams we used, but we used to OWN on Fifa 08.

Game 1 (Professional) - Loss 0-1
Game 2 (Professional) - Tie 0-0
Game 3 (Semi-Pro) - Tie 0-0
Game 4 (Semi-Pro) - Tie 0-0
Game 5 (Amateur) - Win 2-0

Pretty shitty night, I tell you what.

CHIEF4EVER
10-19-2008, 09:39 PM

Or Drogba, or Gerrard, or.............ad infinitum

CHIEF4EVER
10-19-2008, 11:18 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6UWRpEMMMhk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6UWRpEMMMhk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

triple
10-20-2008, 10:07 AM
Or Drogba, or Gerrard, or.............ad infinitum

you have to admit he flops more than anyone else in the game. even if others do it.

Buck
10-20-2008, 10:09 AM
FTR, Wa-Z

In that first game, you got extremely lucky.

You had lobbed the ball in, and for whatever reason my defender decided to back-pedal instead of run for the ball. My only choice was to foul you with Terry, and of course he got a red-card.

I was playing pretty well after that point, until about the 60 min mark when I couldn't do shit with 10 men.

CHIEF4EVER
10-20-2008, 07:09 PM
you have to admit he flops more than anyone else in the game. even if others do it.

He used to but has long since given it up for the most part. Drogba used to be really bad about it too but has also given most of it up. You will find it from time to time with any player. Christiano Ronaldo is one of the most fouled players in the world because of his skillz and you really can't blame him for 'making a meal' of a trivial bit of contact from time to time just in the interest of self preservation.

CHIEF4EVER
10-21-2008, 07:58 PM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=584238&sec=england&cc=5901

Silock
10-21-2008, 09:21 PM
I take exception to his characterization of Van Persie as a diver. He's not on the field long enough for that.

triple
10-22-2008, 10:37 AM
He used to but has long since given it up for the most part. Drogba used to be really bad about it too but has also given most of it up. You will find it from time to time with any player. Christiano Ronaldo is one of the most fouled players in the world because of his skillz and you really can't blame him for 'making a meal' of a trivial bit of contact from time to time just in the interest of self preservation.

i haven't been watching manchester united this season, i tend to get tired of it all and avoid their matches in spells. i hope he's improved on it

Spurs gave up a penalty this past weekend for something that was a bit of contract, but not enough to send a player down unless they want to go down i thought.

it was huge, Stoke were spotted a goal lead and spurs were down to 10. they equalized after only a few minutes and played well enough to win the match if they hadn't been down a man for 70 or 80 minutes, but in the end they lose and are absolutely buried now in the drop zone.

the team is struggling, they've got serious problems and their director needs to be axed, and it was a gift that created the chance to begin with, but it's one dive that could as much as any single thing send Tottenham down this season.

Silock
10-22-2008, 01:56 PM
i haven't been watching manchester united this season, i tend to get tired of it all and avoid their matches in spells. i hope he's improved on it

Spurs gave up a penalty this past weekend for something that was a bit of contract, but not enough to send a player down unless they want to go down i thought.

it was huge, Stoke were spotted a goal lead and spurs were down to 10. they equalized after only a few minutes and played well enough to win the match if they hadn't been down a man for 70 or 80 minutes, but in the end they lose and are absolutely buried now in the drop zone.

the team is struggling, they've got serious problems and their director needs to be axed, and it was a gift that created the chance to begin with, but it's one dive that could as much as any single thing send Tottenham down this season.

Spurs are going down regardless of whether or not that was called.

triple
10-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Spurs are going down regardless of whether or not that was called.

just an example, because they should have counted on points from stoke and played well enough to get at least one. since they're in the drop zone it could be one of those 6 point losses.

someone is going to suffer because of hull's run at any rate. i am not missing any of their matches that get televised here, they're fun to watch.

I think that win they got at emirates was one of the most enjoyable matches i've watched in years.

Buck
10-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Can one of you explain to me wtf the UEFA Cup is?

It seems pretty pointless to me, but I don't even know what it is.

Its different than the Champions League, right?

Wa-Z
10-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Haha, yea it's really annoying when the players run away from the ball...or stop their routes after you've passed...

The UEFA Cup is a European competition, it's the 2nd best one behind the Champions League, it also has a different format. In the big leagues like Premier or Liga A 1st-3rd places play in the CL, the next 3 or 4 teams after that will play in the UEFA Cup.

Silock
10-23-2008, 04:35 PM
just an example, because they should have counted on points from stoke and played well enough to get at least one. since they're in the drop zone it could be one of those 6 point losses.

someone is going to suffer because of hull's run at any rate. i am not missing any of their matches that get televised here, they're fun to watch.

I think that win they got at emirates was one of the most enjoyable matches i've watched in years.

Hull is enjoyable right now, but by midseason, they'll be back in the bottom half where they belong.

triple
10-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Hull is enjoyable right now, but by midseason, they'll be back in the bottom half where they belong.

yes... hard to believe they could keep this up much longer, i know they have man u and chelsea back to back pretty soon. but they will stay up this year I think and mid table would be fantastic

Silock
10-23-2008, 10:41 PM
yes... hard to believe they could keep this up much longer, i know they have man u and chelsea back to back pretty soon. but they will stay up this year I think and mid table would be fantastic

Oh, I definitely think they'll stay up, but they won't stay in 3rd for much longer.

Ultra Peanut
10-23-2008, 11:16 PM
NEXT YEAR IS THE YEAR TOTTENHAM FINISH FOURTH.

(In the Championship.)

CHIEF4EVER
10-24-2008, 12:46 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=585029&sec=england&cc=5901

Totteringham = Leeds.

Ultra Peanut
10-24-2008, 03:03 AM
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=585029&sec=england&cc=5901

Totteringham = Leeds.I've always kind of liked Spurs, and they were actually the first EPL team I "liked" before I watched soccer very often. It's hilarious to see a top 10 club completely fall apart, but nothing matches Leeds. Nothing.

P.S. COME ON WEDNESDAY!

CHIEF4EVER
10-24-2008, 03:57 AM
I've always kind of liked Spurs, and they were actually the first EPL team I "liked" before I watched soccer very often. It's hilarious to see a top 10 club completely fall apart, but nothing matches Leeds. Nothing.

P.S. COME ON WEDNESDAY!

I have always hated Leeds. I have hated Leeds with nearly the same passion as I hate Liverpuke. Nothing made me happier than to see the Leeds thugs get their comeuppance.

That being said, I was playing Scrabble with some friends and had enough letters of the right type to spell "Tottenham Hotspur Football Club". Then I threw all the pieces across the room because they were only worth 2 points. Very depressing..............

Buck
10-24-2008, 09:34 AM
I dont root for one team, really.

I have the fox soccer channel, and I'm just excited when a Premier League game comes on TV.

triple
10-24-2008, 09:50 AM
Ramos has to be put on the next plane out of London, he can't even speak English, how is he going to coach players? The team is basically without a manager and it doesn't help that they've sold so much away, or that teams were tampering with their star players. You can see why they are in the spot they are in.

They need to sack Ramos and patch some holes in the transfer period, but they dont have the roster of a relegation candidate. I think they can still save it.

Silock
10-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Ramos has to be put on the next plane out of London, he can't even speak English, how is he going to coach players? The team is basically without a manager and it doesn't help that they've sold so much away, or that teams were tampering with their star players. You can see why they are in the spot they are in.

They need to sack Ramos and patch some holes in the transfer period, but they dont have the roster of a relegation candidate. I think they can still save it.

I think some of the blame lies on Ramos, but he's a good manager. It's Spurs' front office that's really dropped the ball. Who thought you could lose Keane and Berbs this year and still be okay?

triple
10-25-2008, 09:54 PM
I think some of the blame lies on Ramos, but he's a good manager. It's Spurs' front office that's really dropped the ball. Who thought you could lose Keane and Berbs this year and still be okay?

No kidding.

Good week if you watch games on fox soccer, west ham, arsenal, man city, man utd, chelsea all on this week thanks to the midweek games, then chelsea, spurs, city and liverpool next weekend.

triple
10-25-2008, 11:27 PM
well, that's that

After weeks of speculation, finally some decisive action. After a day of rumours of mounting dressing room mutiny at White Hart Lane, Tottenham last night confirmed the dismissals of beleagured Juande Ramos and his football director, Damien Comolli - and that Ramos' replacement will be Portsmouth's Harry Redknapp.

'It's a great opportunity for me to manage a big club before I retire,' Redknapp said, confirming he expects to be present at today's game against Bolton, and plans to address the players before the match.

'Tottenham have come in and offered £5million, which is good for the club, and if we're all being honest it was a deal which is good for the club. It worked out okay for everybody.'

A statement released by Spurs last night read: 'The club can announce that Damien Comolli, sporting director, Juande Ramos, head coach and first-team coaches, Marcos Alvarez and Gus Poyet, have left the club, with immediate effect. We wish them well.

'Clive Allen, development squad coach, and Alex Inglethorpe, youth team manager, will take charge for [today's] league match against Bolton.

The news followed a swirl of rumours and public comments from players about the failing Ramos regime, including claims from a senior dressing-room source that Spurs would end up relegated from the Premier League if Ramos were allowed to continue.

Tottenham are already four points adrift at the bottom of the division following their worst start to a League campaign in almost a century. Ramos was controversially poached from Sevilla early last season on the club's richest ever managerial contract, while the Frenchman Comolli - in tandem with the chairman - oversaw a transfer policy that resulted in Tottenham selling their three highest-scoring strikers in the space of just over seven months, then replacing them with players who Ramos had publicly stated do not function well together.

As the Spaniard failed to find a working solution to his personnel problems, the team grew restless with his leadership. According to The Observer's source, some members of Tottenham's first-team squad:

• Had entirely lost confidence in Ramos' ability to manage them.

• Were discontented with the manager's habit of naming his team only a few hours before the game and of altering his formation from pre-match training sessions.

• Did not understand why Ramos constantly changes the composition of his starting 11.

• Were opposed to Ramos' practice of having the team stay overnight in a hotel ahead of home and away games.

• Developed problems with their time-keeping and attitude.

The source believes the team have been out of control for several weeks.

Ramos was appointed in October last year, shortly after the dismissal of Martin Jol, the popular Dutch coach who had guided Tottenham to consecutive fifth-place finishes.

In February Ramos guided the club to victory in the Carling Cup final, but had led the team in winning just three of their subsequent 20 Premier League fixtures. Having shared a difficult relationship with Jol, Comolli took an active role in Ramos's recruitment.

Ledley King had refused to join the chorus of open insurrection that was rising at White Hart Lane saying there was 'still time'. But the Spurs captain's defence of his manager was ultimately futile. King, who played only his sixth game of the season at Udinese, had insisted: 'It is natural when things are going badly that there are rumours, and there are good players at this club who are frustrated with what's been happening, that is true. But I can tell you we all want the team to turn it around, to do well. We support the manager.' As it turned out they were not merely rumours.

What started early in the week as a quiet whinge from the talkative David Bentley - 'It looks like we don't know what we're doing,' he said before being left out of Spurs' squad for the Uefa Cup tie at Udinese - was ratcheted up by Jonathan Woodgate and Luka Modric after they lost 2-0 in Italy on Thursday night.

Woodgate rated Spurs 'worse than Leeds' when he was with them during their relegation; Modric, a fleeting presence since his arrival, complained after the Udinese capitulation: 'I did my best but I was all alone in the middle.'

Spurs fans will hope a new regime can mark the end to universal ridicule for performances and results by their team that have placed them in danger of disappearing into the dark waters of the old Second Division, where they have not been since 1977-78.

Wa-Z
10-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Arsenal for life!!

Liverpool's win is impressive...

Silock
10-26-2008, 05:48 PM
1 nil to the Arsenal!

CHIEF4EVER
10-26-2008, 07:58 PM
Just for you triple. Harry is a good coach and should be able to keep your boys up without much trouble. He got off to a good start today...........

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=242496&cc=5901

triple
10-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Just for you triple. Harry is a good coach and should be able to keep your boys up without much trouble. He got off to a good start today...........

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=242496&cc=5901

I don't think things were as bad for them as they seemed now, and for some of the others down at the bottom of the table, their form is very poor. there are 5 or 6 bottom teams that have all got real problems and none of those teams have more than 1 win in the last 6.

spurs are unlucky though to have arsenal and liverpool next, but the schedule gets easier as transfer season gets nearer and hopefully they can get some help up front

beavis
10-28-2008, 11:25 PM
You all are going to be crying when Newcastle wins it all.

Silock
10-28-2008, 11:26 PM
You all are going to be crying when Newcastle wins it all.

Crying from laughing, perhaps.

KcMizzou
10-28-2008, 11:36 PM
I'm amazed that this tread has so many posts.

That's not an insult. You soccer fans do love your sport.

Respect.

Silock
10-28-2008, 11:52 PM
I'm amazed that this tread has so many posts.

That's not an insult. You soccer fans do love your sport.

Respect.

Well, our retarded sport has produced the only pro sports franchise in this town that has experienced even a modicum of success lately.

Speaking of, Wizards playoff game Saturday night at the CAB.

KcMizzou
10-29-2008, 12:08 AM
Well, our retarded sport has produced the only pro sports franchise in this town that has experienced even a modicum of success lately.

Speaking of, Wizards playoff game Saturday night at the CAB.I never said that.

Silock
10-29-2008, 12:46 AM
I never said that.

I know.

Silock
10-30-2008, 03:32 AM
Motherfucker.

Sometimes, it's REALLY hard to be an Arsenal supporter.

triple
10-30-2008, 04:04 PM
hey hey how about that match? :D (just kidding you)

Silock
10-31-2008, 01:53 AM
I'm STILL upset. FUCK.

triple
10-31-2008, 12:08 PM
times commentator:

Wednesday night’s London derby was a fantastic game but as much as I enjoyed it, that 4-4 scoreline showed why Arsenal won’t win the title and why Spurs are bottom. Tottenham are defensively awful and when they don’t have the ball – always a test of how good players really are – the midfield is non-existent. Arsenal went straight through the likes of Luka Modric and Tom Huddlestone.

As for Arsenal, the goalkeeper and the centre-back pairings – William Gallas and Mikael Silvestre on Wednesday – are not good enough. Arsenal don’t have a partnership at the heart of defence to rival John Terry and Ricardo Carvalho at Chelsea, Jamie Carragher and Martin Skrtel or Daniel Agger at Liverpool or Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand at Manchester United. And all three clubs have goalkeepers miles better than Manuel Almunia.

OK, David Bentley’s long-range goal was amazing, take nothing away from him, but it was made possible by Arsenal’s shortcomings. It’s basic defending – go forward, block and hurry the opponent. But Silvestre backpedalled, giving Bentley the time and space to shoot.

With Theo Walcott a bright light and Robin van Persie fit there’s a lot to be excited about up front for Arsenal but what a difference a top defensive midfield player such as Javier Mascherano would have made on a night such as Wednesday. Yet Arsene Wenger, the manager, doesn’t even enter the bidding process for expensive stars. I don’t see him changing his transfer policy in January. But you don’t hold on to the likes of Cesc Fabregas by finishing third or fourth every year.

Buck
10-31-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm STILL upset. ****.

You should be...4 goals? Are you kidding me?

Silock
10-31-2008, 03:12 PM
We need another CB in the transfer window, along with a DM.

triple
11-01-2008, 01:31 PM
holy shit Arsene

Buck
11-01-2008, 01:41 PM
stoke city???

Silock
11-02-2008, 02:09 AM
Fucking HELL.

WTF?

Season's not over, but we're going to have to fight for 4th place finish. And open up the pocketbook for the January transfer window.

Buck
11-02-2008, 09:57 AM
How does the EPL work?

Is there a playoff for the Championship, or just the top 2 teams at the end of the year play in it?

Silock
11-02-2008, 05:45 PM
How does the EPL work?

Is there a playoff for the Championship, or just the top 2 teams at the end of the year play in it?

Team with the most points off of games wins the league. 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss.

Bottom three teams are relegated to the Coca Cola league... top 3 teams from that league are brought up to the Premiership.

There are other Cup competitions throughout the year, though. Carling Cup, FA cup, and the UEFA or Champion's League.

Silock
11-08-2008, 02:11 PM
SUCK IT, FERGIE.

Ultra Peanut
11-22-2008, 01:57 PM
I got the game out of the mailbox at 1 AM.

My achin' thumb. So worth it, though.

Mr. Flopnuts
06-28-2010, 09:37 PM
I just couldn't bring myself to pay $65 for a game that's been out for 8 months with a new one right around the corner, so I got this used for $20. Am I becoming a soccer fanboy? Could be..............