PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tony G to Pack

dtrain
10-16-2008, 08:35 AM
I heard on sirius this morning that the Packers had offered a 2nd round pick for Gonzalez and that Carl had agreed. The Pack had the paper work ready to file with the NFL and at the very last minute King C changed his mind! Needless to say Adam Schien(spelling) ripped him good. Said it's time to break out the broom at arrowhead and clean house.

Bill Lundberg
10-16-2008, 08:40 AM
You heard incorrectly. The Packers offered a 3rd and King Carl had agreed, so much so that the Packers were beginning to file the paperwork with the league. At the last minute Carl said he wanted a 2nd Round pick and the Packers told him to get bent.

Mecca
10-16-2008, 08:42 AM
I've seen alot of articles calling Peterson an egomaniac moron over the last couple days...

Demonpenz
10-16-2008, 08:42 AM
I heard the packers offered the packers the packers the packers the packers the packers the packers

Mr. Plow
10-16-2008, 08:44 AM
BRETT FAVRE!!

kcxiv
10-16-2008, 10:04 AM
I've seen alot of articles calling Peterson an egomaniac moron over the last couple days...

Not like we didnt know that for a long ass time now.

StcChief
10-16-2008, 10:07 AM

more interesting is the total count over his career with Chiefs.

Iowanian
10-16-2008, 10:19 AM
TONY GONFARVLEZ FTW!!!!!

HypnotizedMonkey
10-16-2008, 10:38 AM
If we got a 2nd round pick from the Pack and they somehow got to the Superbowl, wouldn't that pick essentially BE a 3rd rounder? I'd rather have TG than not have him. You can call Carl all the names in the book, it all comes down to the contract. TG is the last bit of class (when it comes to the game) the Chiefs have left... the young guys can learn immensely from him, which they REALLY need in the locker room right now.

.... and the draft pick is only as good as the hands it is placed in.

In the long run, I think Tony will look back on this and see how much more he helped the Chiefs, and himself, by staying and not tarnishing his reputation any further than he already has... or Carl and the Chiefs Organization has.. or whoever else you want to blame.

Just getting traded isn't a promise of a Super Bowl Ring... I know the odds are greater somewhere else, but if he didn't win one I think he will feel worse than if he stays in KC and doesn't win one... and it will make for an easier and sweeter induction into The Hall staying on one team his whole career, which just doesn't happen nowadays, and is a reflection of the guy's proffesionalism.

Call me selfish, but I'm REALLY glad he's still in KC, and very much hope he can stay until he retires.