SAUTO
10-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Who ya got? (sorry if repost)

SAUTO
10-17-2008, 06:00 PM
I like both, dont know if hopkins can still hang, hope its a barnburner

Bwana
10-17-2008, 07:35 PM
I would LOVE to see either one of them fight Anderson Silva in a MMA fight. I don't think it would last long.........winner, Silva.

kcxiv
10-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Its like trying to say i wanna see Silva in a boxing ring with boxing rules? who would win? Pavlik or Silva? gee i wonder.

SAUTO
10-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Its like trying to say i wanna see Silva in a boxing ring with boxing rules? who would win? Pavlik or Silva? gee i wonder.

silva HAS boxed before, didnt look too bad either. you can find it in cagepotato.com

kcxiv
10-18-2008, 03:32 PM
silva HAS boxed before, didnt look too bad either. you can find it in cagepotato.com

He went to MMA for a reason though. I dont think it was the money as if he's that damned good in boxing, you can make alot more money there.

Mr. Laz
10-18-2008, 03:35 PM
who?

kcxiv
10-18-2008, 03:51 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nTlmbdECoN8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nTlmbdECoN8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Kelly The Ghost Pavlik. White boy can box.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
10-18-2008, 04:16 PM
Here is the link to watch the fight for free. dont know if this works or what quality it is. Somebody posted this site a while back.

It is about the 11th link up from the bottom with the Red HBO logo
http://channelsurfing.net/

or click here:

http://channelsurfing.net/watch-online-tv.php?w=globalhd

Bwana
10-18-2008, 05:50 PM

My point was, all you can use in boxing is your hands, while in MMA you can get busy. In a street fight Silva would beat either of them like a circus mule.

SAUTO
10-18-2008, 05:55 PM
My point was, all you can use in boxing is your hands, while in MMA you can get busy. In a street fight Silva would beat either of them like a circus mule.

QFT

RNR
10-18-2008, 05:55 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nTlmbdECoN8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nTlmbdECoN8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Kelly The Ghost Pavlik. White boy can box.

A white boy knocking out a balck guy :eek: what is this a Rocky movie?

SAUTO
10-18-2008, 05:56 PM
pavlik is a BAD MAN, 34 w something like 31 KO's

kcxiv
10-18-2008, 06:08 PM

But Boxing isnt street fighting. I dont even know why you posted what you did. Silva cant even get into a street fight becuase if he did, he would be charged with a deadly weapon.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-18-2008, 06:21 PM
But Boxing isnt street fighting. I dont even know why you posted what you did. Silva cant even get into a street fight becuase if he did, he would be charged with a deadly weapon.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you like boxing as much as Bwana likes MMA. If that's the case, I'll grab my popcorn.

kcxiv
10-18-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you like boxing as much as Bwana likes MMA. If that's the case, I'll grab my popcorn.

I like both sports, but i do like Boxing a bit more. I think they both have their place as a competitive sport. I dont hate MMA. i actually watch alot the reply fights on spike.

RNR
10-18-2008, 06:42 PM

What he is saying is boxing is fighting and MMA is fighting and when you are talking about fighting everyone wants to know who is the toughest guy. I used to box and took some Taekwondo I also wrestled some. Most think and IMO rightly that a MMA fighter would destroy a boxer in a "real" fight.

Bwana
10-18-2008, 06:53 PM
What he is saying is boxing is fighting and MMA is fighting and when you are talking about fighting everyone wants to know who is the toughest guy. I used to box and took some Taekwondo I also wrestled some. Most think and IMO rightly that a MMA fighter would destroy a boxer in a "real" fight.

This

kcxiv
10-18-2008, 06:57 PM

Well, duh, MMA is bascially street fighting. Its the closest to anything goes. Can also take a wrench and hit someone in the head with it. Thats street fighting as well. lol

RNR
10-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Well, duh, MMA is bascially street fighting. Its the closest to anything goes. Can also take a wrench and hit someone in the head with it. Thats street fighting as well. lol

I am guessing you watch these sports, I am also guessing you have never been in the ring or in that many street fights? Yes you can pull a gun and kill the baddest guy in the world, that is not the point it is "fighting" no guns no weapons just two men face to face willing to settle it. And once again most people want to know who is the toughest.

kcxiv
10-18-2008, 09:40 PM
I am guessing you watch these sports, I am also guessing you have never been in the ring or in that many street fights? Yes you can pull a gun and kill the baddest guy in the world, that is not the point it is "fighting" no guns no weapons just two men face to face willing to settle it. And once again most people want to know who is the toughest.
2 different fucking sports. Yes, i been in street fights, bar fights you n ame it. People dont fight fair at all. I been hit with full corona bottles shit hurts. lol

Anyways, like i said, 2 different sports. I dont know why people try to compare it. its like comparing soccer to american football. They both use a ball, but its different.

kcxiv
10-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Pavlik got dominated like i have never seen before. I mean without anyone getting knocked out. This fight wasnt even fucking close. Pavlik got exposed imo 12 rounds to 0.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
10-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Talk about total dominance. Gees. The Ghost really was a ghost........of a fighter tonight.

rolstrol
10-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Pavlik got dominated like i have never seen before. I mean without anyone getting knocked out. This fight wasnt even ****ing close. Pavlik got exposed imo 12 rounds to 0.

Jones-Hop

but yeah this was bad.

kcxiv
10-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Jones-Hop

but yeah this was bad.

I never liked Hopkins until tonight. I knew he was one of the all time greats. If people dont think he is, they are kidding themselves, but what he told Pavlik after the fight was damn cool to watch. Much much props to B-Hop.

KcMizzou
10-18-2008, 10:44 PM
I agree that MMA's obviously the true test of who's a better fighter.

I mean, in the real world... just a "fight", the MMA guy wins 9 times out of 10.

In real fights, guys don't stand and trade punches for 30 minutes. They just don't. That's a fact.

That said, I do enjoy and respect the sport of boxing.

In MMA, I tend to like the guys who have killer striking/stand-up.

boogblaster
10-19-2008, 07:02 AM
Hopkins is a old Philly fighter, they come to fight ...

unlurking
10-19-2008, 09:22 AM
I agree that MMA's obviously the true test of who's a better fighter.

I mean, in the real world... just a "fight", the MMA guy wins 9 times out of 10.

In real fights, guys don't stand and trade punches for 30 minutes. They just don't. That's a fact.

That said, I do enjoy and respect the sport of boxing.

In MMA, I tend to like the guys who have killer striking/stand-up.
Agreed. Although you switch boxing to 4 oz gloves like MMA, and you ruin the sport. You don't get such memorable stories like Ward v Gatti. I like both sports, but am really not a big fan of guys crossing between sports (unless one of them is no contact boredom like golf or baseball). Otherwise you get crap like glass jawed Kimbo and Morton.

Obviously neither Silva nor Hopkins would stand a chance in each other's world. Just like neither of them could hold a candle to a guy like Bob Probert if he had to fight wearing ice skates (although I really would like to watch them try).

RNR
10-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Just like neither of them could hold a candle to a guy like Bob Probert if he had to fight wearing ice skates (although I really would like to watch them try).

Never thought of it that way! I would like to see that also ROFL