PDA

View Full Version : Football who all hates UT?????

barry_smilez20
10-17-2008, 09:51 PM
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/images/MacBrown&VinceYoung.jpg

barry_smilez20
10-17-2008, 09:52 PM
i do

Hammock Parties
10-17-2008, 09:53 PM
The universal translator is retarded. If only we could teach the peoples of the great united federation of planets to learn klingon, romulan, vulcan and all the other great interstellar languages.

barry_smilez20
10-17-2008, 09:55 PM
so im going to take that as a yes

KcMizzou
10-17-2008, 09:59 PM
This week I do.

I'm hoping Chase Daniel was just looking ahead to this game. (because he fucked up badly last weekend)

Win now, and all is forgiven. We're right back in it.

Frazod
10-17-2008, 10:01 PM
I have a feeling I will this time tomorrow. :banghead:

barry_smilez20
10-17-2008, 10:01 PM
yes i pray for him

Saulbadguy
10-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Hook 'Em.

KcMizzou
10-17-2008, 10:04 PM
I have a feeling I will this time tomorrow. :banghead:C'mon man...

I've got a weird feeling Mizzou just might bounce back and pull this out.

How great would that be?

alanm
10-17-2008, 10:08 PM
This week I do.

I'm hoping Chase Daniel was just looking ahead to this game. (because he ****ed up badly last weekend)

Win now, and all is forgiven. We're right back in it.What happens if Missouri loses?

luv
10-17-2008, 10:09 PM
C'mon man...

How great would that be?

We seemed to be playing better whenever you said you were cautiously optimistic.

KcMizzou
10-17-2008, 10:10 PM
What happens if Missouri loses?Honestly?

NC dreams are done. (They probably are already)

But they still have a good shot at winning the North again and having a shot to be Big XII Champs.

KcMizzou
10-17-2008, 10:11 PM
We seemed to be playing better whenever you said you were cautiously optimistic.I was cautiously optimistic last week.

I didn't take OSU lightly.

And I know it's likely that UT could beat the hell out of Mizzou...

I've just got a feeling they might not...

Saulbadguy
10-17-2008, 10:12 PM
C'mon man...

How great would that be?

It's freakin Texas. They are more athletic at just about every position. They have a coach that has won a national title. It's in Austin.

That being said - if you can rattle Colt McCoy early and often, you have a chance. Big plays on special teams will help too.

Frazod
10-17-2008, 10:14 PM
C'mon man...

How great would that be? It would be wonderful. But last week was pretty goddamn ugly.

KcMizzou
10-17-2008, 10:20 PM
It would be wonderful. But last week was pretty goddamn ugly.It was.

This team's better than that. No disrespect to OSU... they whipped our asses.

I just wanna see this Mizzou team show the same kinda balls that OSU showed last week.

I can't say it's probable, but I sure as hell wouldn't be shocked.

Mizzou is a veteran team with huge aspirations. They'll be playing with something to prove.

Skip Towne
10-17-2008, 10:22 PM
Hook 'em Horns!

Frazod
10-17-2008, 10:22 PM
Hook 'em Horns! Stomp 'em Gooners.

Ebolapox
10-17-2008, 10:28 PM
I was born in texas, raised in missouri. fuck UT. fuck them in their stupid asses. they're fucking clown shoes. I wish that they were real so I could kick the shit out of them..

woah... I warped into a jay/silent bob moment there

---magnoliafan

Sam Hall
10-17-2008, 10:34 PM
I've always found this comparison interesting:

KcMizzou
10-17-2008, 10:35 PM
I was born in texas, raised in missouri. fuck UT. fuck them in their stupid asses. they're fucking clown shoes. I wish that they were real so I could kick the shit out of them..

woah... I warped into a jay/silent bob moment there

---magnoliafanNot a damned thing wrong with that...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W-xKUU5sWS4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W-xKUU5sWS4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ebolapox
10-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Not a damned thing wrong with that...

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W-xKUU5sWS4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

you as anxious to see 'zach and miri' as I am?

KcMizzou
10-17-2008, 10:49 PM
you as anxious to see 'zach and miri' as I am?Absolutely.

Then "Red State" after that.

I'm an admitted Kevin Smith fan boy.

10-17-2008, 10:49 PM
I hate the whole state not just the university.

ClevelandBronco
10-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Austin is one of the great cities in the U.S., IMO.

So UT gets a pass.

That said, DESTROY THE HORNS, MIZZOU.

Ebolapox
10-17-2008, 10:54 PM
Absolutely.

Then "Red State" after that.

I'm an admitted Kevin Smith fan boy.

hell yeah, bitch. phantoms like a motherfucker.

KcMizzou
10-17-2008, 10:55 PM

So UT gets a pass.

That said, DESTROY THE HORNS, MIZZOU.Rep.

Gotta bounce back here.

Make 'em pay for passing on you, Chase.

cdcox
UT isn't so bad.

Wish that I was on ol' Rocky Top
Down in the Tennessee hills
Aint' no smoggy smoke on Rocky Top
Ain't no telephone bills
Once I had a girl on Rocky Top
Half bear, other half cat
Wild as a mink,
but sweet as soda pop
I still dream about that.

Rocky Top you'll always be
Home sweet home to me
Good ol' Rocky Top
Rocky Top Tennessee,
Rocky Top Tennessee

Once two strangers climbed ol' Rocky Top
Lookin' for a moonshine still
Strangers ain't come down from Rocky Top
Reckon they never will

Home sweet home to me
Good ol' Rocky Top
Rocky Top Tennessee,
Rocky Top Tennessee

Corn won't grow at all on Rocky Top
Dirt's too rocky by far
That's why all the folks on Rocky Top
Get their corn from a jar

Home sweet home to me
Good ol' Rocky Top
Rocky Top Tennessee,
Rocky Top Tennessee

I've had years of cramped-up city life
Trapped like a duck in a pen
All I know is it's a pity life
Can't be simple again

Home sweet home to me
Good ol' Rocky Top
Rocky Top Tennessee,
Rocky Top Tennessee

KcMizzou
hell yeah, bitch. phantoms like a motherfucker.LMAO

Affleck was the bomb.

Reerun_KC
Well I dont hate UT, I know that KU isnt on the level of MU, OU, TU, right now, so no need to hate when they hand our asses to us later this year...

I just hope KU can keep it to within 14 tomorrow....

Ebolapox
10-17-2008, 10:56 PM

So UT gets a pass.

That said, DESTROY THE HORNS, MIZZOU.

fuck you're cool. you're kinda like that dude from 'forgetting sarah marshall,' the dude who stole sarah marshall. the musician/singer. I want to hate you since you're a bronco fan, but it's impossible. dammit. stop that shit.

ClevelandBronco
10-17-2008, 11:00 PM
UT isn't so bad.

Wish that I was on ol' Rocky Top
Down in the Tennessee hills
Aint' no smoggy smoke on Rocky Top
Ain't no telephone bills
Once I had a girl on Rocky Top
Half bear, other half cat
Wild as a mink,
but sweet as soda pop
I still dream about that.

Home sweet home to me
Good ol' Rocky Top
Rocky Top Tennessee,
Rocky Top Tennessee

Once two strangers climbed ol' Rocky Top
Lookin' for a moonshine still
Strangers ain't come down from Rocky Top
Reckon they never will

Home sweet home to me
Good ol' Rocky Top
Rocky Top Tennessee,
Rocky Top Tennessee

Corn won't grow at all on Rocky Top
Dirt's too rocky by far
That's why all the folks on Rocky Top
Get their corn from a jar

Home sweet home to me
Good ol' Rocky Top
Rocky Top Tennessee,
Rocky Top Tennessee

I've had years of cramped-up city life
Trapped like a duck in a pen
All I know is it's a pity life
Can't be simple again

Home sweet home to me
Good ol' Rocky Top
Rocky Top Tennessee,
Rocky Top Tennessee

Maybe we should talk.

Tell you the truth I have the same problem with OSU. That's THE Ohio State University.

Maybe if they changed it to TOSU I wouldn't be as confused.

Ebolapox
10-17-2008, 11:00 PM
LMAO

Affleck was the bomb.

so now, we que the music.

MAH MAH MAH

okcchief
10-17-2008, 11:05 PM
I hate Texas. They have the most arrogant, lazy fans in the world. The arrogance was really unfounded until the arrival of Mac Brown and Vince Young playing SuperMan. Other than that they dominated a shitty Southwest Conference for years. They have accomplished a lot and are a top ten program at least and the fans should be proud. It's the air of superiority they have that annoys me.

That being said. They are playing better than anyone in the country right now and deserve the number 1 rating. I hope they basked in the big victory all week, the fans sit on their hands as usual, and Mizzou kicks the dog piss out of them.

I have no problem rooting for any of the original Big 12 teams at the end but Tuck Fexas.

KcMizzou
10-17-2008, 11:09 PM
I hate Texas. They have the most arrogant, lazy fans in the world. The arrogance was really unfounded until the arrival of Mac Brown and Vince Young playing SuperMan. Other than that they dominated a shitty Southwest Conference for years. They have accomplished a lot and are a top ten program at least and the fans should be proud. It's the air of superiority they have that annoys me.

That being said. They are playing better than anyone in the country right now and deserve the number 1 rating. I hope they basked in the big victory all week, the fans sit on their hands as usual, and Mizzou kicks the dog piss out of them.

I have no problem rooting for any of the original Big 12 teams at the end but Tuck Fexas.Amen, brother...

Reerun_KC
10-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Amen, brother...

Well I hope that Mu.................

Eh, I got nothing....

:)

LiL stumppy
10-17-2008, 11:11 PM
cant stand em

Hammock Parties
10-17-2008, 11:13 PM
So no one else hates the universal translator?

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Universal_translator

The universal translator (also referred to as a "U.T." or translator circuit) is a device used to decipher and interpret alien languages into the native language of the user.

On Earth, the universal translator was invented shortly before 2151, and was still experimental at the time of the launch of Enterprise. (ENT: "Broken Bow") This version of the UT could be used for ship-to-ship communications only, and face-to-face communication or off-world missions required the use of a skilled linguist - in Enterprise's case, Hoshi Sato - notably in situations where reading alien languages on the control panels, hatches, and displays were involved. (ENT: "Sleeping Dogs", "Vox Sola") A new language can quickly be translated in person-to-person encounters by having one speak his or her language.

By 2155, the UT had been miniaturized into a smaller self contained version that could be worn on clothing and provide for personal communication face to face. These portable translators continued to have a similar physical design for at least the next 110 years, however becoming more wand-like by 2267. (ENT: "Demons")
Spock modifying a universal translator
Spock modifying a universal translator

It was in 2267 that Captain Kirk of the USS Enterprise used one to communicate with the alien known as the Companion in the Gamma Canaris region. Responding to Zefram Cochrane's question about the theory of operation, Kirk explained that there are certain universal ideas and concepts common to all intelligent life. The translator compares the frequencies of brainwave patterns, selects those ideas it recognizes, and provides the necessary grammar. Kirk further explained that the device speaks with a voice, or the approximation of one, that corresponds to the identity concepts it recognizes. The Companion was revealed to be female because the universal translator detected this facet of its identity from its brainwave patterns, and assigned it a female voice. (TOS: "Metamorphosis")

The universal translator was able to translate the language of the sentient nanites, created by Wesley Crusher in early 2366, into binary language. (TNG: "Evolution")

In the 24th century, UT technology had advanced to where it could be integrated into the combadges worn by Starfleet personnel. (VOY: "The 37's")

The universal translator fails from time to time. For example, it was capable of translating the literal words of the Tamarians into English, but it was unable to translate the Tamarians metaphorical manner of speaking into easily understandable speech. The translator also missed the nuances of various transitive tenses of Dominionese. (TNG: "Darmok"; DS9: "Statistical Probabilities")

Another language the UT had trouble deciphering was that of the Skrreeans. Several hours were required to record and analyze the language before a proper translation form was created. (DS9: "Sanctuary")

The universal translator can be detected when it is used to process language in communications. In the 23rd century, sometime between stardate 9522 and 9529, Commanders Chekov and Uhura were forced to revert to manually translating their speech using a paper dictionary into Klingon in order to surreptitiously get them past the border. Uhura successfully used very broken Klingon to describe the USS Enterprise-A as a freighter, the Ursva, headed to Rura Penthe to deliver supplies. The use of paper dictionaries was explained by Chekov as necessary because the use of universal translator would have been recognized. (Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country)

The universal translator's capabilities are focused on interpreting the brain patterns of humanoid lifeforms. For entirely non-human lifeforms, such as the cytoplasmic lifeform which attached itself to B'Elanna Torres, the universal translator is completely stymied. (VOY: "Nothing Human") For the same reason the UT is unable to translate foreign languages spoken by holodeck characters. Kathryn Janeway is unable to understand her charges' use of Latin in the holodeck. (VOY: "Learning Curve")

At one time while Neelix was negotiating with a xenon-based lifeform, the UT went off-line and Arturis saved him from embarrassment by translating the alien's words. (VOY: "Hope and Fear")

Ferengi translators evolved from hand-held devices in the 22nd century (ENT: "Acquisition") into small devices inserted into the ear. These later models were easily disrupted by nuclear fusion radiation. (DS9: "Little Green Men")

Cardassian universal translators have to be manually adjusted in order to properly translate the Breen language. (DS9: "Strange Bedfellows")

KcMizzou
Well I hope that Mu.................

Eh, I got nothing....

:)Beats Texas so OU can meet them in the Big XII Chamionship Game again?

Reerun_KC
Beats Texas so OU can meet them in the Big XII Chamionship Game again?

Sure, I know KU isnt going to make the ship game...

KcMizzou
10-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Sure, I know KU isnt going to make the ship game...Not if Mizzou beats UT.

If Mizzou loses (and odds are, they will), you've got a shot.

Phobia
10-17-2008, 11:16 PM
I spent a decade in Houston and the last 5 years in KC. My allegience is torn.

Ebolapox
10-17-2008, 11:18 PM
I spent a decade in Houston and the last 5 years in KC. My allegience is torn.

I'm sure you missed the part where, in invisible ink, it says 'iowa' right next to mizzou.

Reerun_KC
10-17-2008, 11:19 PM
Not if Mizzou beats UT.

If Mizzou loses (and odds are, they will), you've got a shot.

Eh, i just dont see KU beating MU, OU, TU and TT all in the same year...

even if we split, we have 3 losses... Its a possibility, but not a good one..

I am just hoping for a 8-4 or 7-5 year with a good/decent bowl victory...

Mecca
10-17-2008, 11:21 PM
You know if Missouri wins they will do their part in helping USC get back to #1.

KcMizzou
10-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Eh, i just dont see KU beating MU, OU, TU and TT all in the same year...

even if we split, we have 3 losses... Its a possibility, but not a good one..

I am just hoping for a 8-4 or 7-5 year with a good/decent bowl victory...Nothing wrong with that at all.

Just like a 3 loss Mizzou team shouldn't be disappointing.

We all get spoiled too quickly.

Enjoy the new-found success.

KcMizzou
10-17-2008, 11:23 PM
You know if Missouri wins they will do their part in helping USC get back to #1.That'd work for me.

(Deja vu)

Frazod
10-17-2008, 11:29 PM
You know if Missouri wins they will do their part in helping USC get back to #1.

Meh. You still have to play Stanford. :fire:

Reerun_KC
10-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Nothing wrong with that at all.

Just like a 3 loss Mizzou team shouldn't be disappointing.

We all get spoiled too quickly.

Enjoy the new-found success.

Well I am a realist when it comes to KU football, Never in my wildest dreams would I imagine the ride like last year...

But it is KU, and it will take along time for Mangino to get KU on a level where it is top 10 every year, and just because it is KU, it might not be easy or ever happen...

I can see us staying in the top 25 for along time, but just not an elite school...

See the late night thread about KU basketball... That is the opposite of what KU football is... They cant always compete against the normal traditions...

So I can be happy with a 2-4 loss season every year and a contender for a decent/good bowl game....

Phobia
10-17-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm sure you missed the part where, in invisible ink, it says 'iowa' right next to mizzou.

Oh - I'll readily admit that I follow Texas and Mizzou as a bandwagoner. My first love is the Hawkeyes.

ClevelandBronco
10-17-2008, 11:40 PM
So...

Would you finally, at long last, shut the fuck up, and limit yourself to posting your stolen videos and your hack columns?

Please?

Reerun_KC
10-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Would you finally, at long last, shut the **** up, and limit yourself to posting your stolen videos and your hack columns?

Please?

:eek:

Very well said!

:clap:

Hammock Parties
10-17-2008, 11:52 PM
Would you finally, at long last, shut the fuck up, and limit yourself to posting your stolen videos and your hack columns?

Please?

I love you dearly. Never stop posting. You could be "the one."

ClevelandBronco
10-18-2008, 12:01 AM
I love you dearly. Never stop posting. You could be "the one."

I wish I knew more about psychology.

I could probably get a book out of you.

beach tribe
10-18-2008, 04:55 AM
You know what I hate? I hate the fact that I can't even rip the Lions because I'm a Chiefs fan.

kstater
10-18-2008, 06:23 AM
Meh, there's nothing to it. Beating, no blowing out, a top 10 Texas team is easy.

Signed,

2006 and 2007 KSU Football

Molitoth
10-18-2008, 09:59 AM
+1

barry_smilez20
10-19-2008, 08:39 PM
You know what I hate? I hate the fact that I can't even rip the Lions because I'm a Chiefs fan.

thats the truth

TEX
10-19-2008, 08:51 PM

I have no problem rooting for any of the original Big 12 teams at the end but Tuck Fexas.

Lazy Fans? ROFL Please tell me more...

They didn't dominate the SWC like you think - especially during its last 15 years.

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Lazy Fans? ROFL Please tell me more...

They didn't dominate the SWC like you think - especially during its last 15 years.I hate that you dug this thread up.

Nice win, f***er... that was quite an ass-kicking.

luv
10-19-2008, 08:55 PM
I hate that you dug this thread up.

Nice win, f***er... that was quite an ass-kicking.

Didn't we manage to score 41 points against them, at least?

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Didn't we manage to score 41 points against them, at least?Final score was 56-31.

But I'm not gonna be a Sam Hall about it. :harumph:

luv
10-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Final score was 56-31.

But I'm not gonna be a Sam Hall about it. :harumph:

Oh. I missed the end of the game by going to bed. I could have sworn they said 56-41 on the radio this morning.