PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Stafford vs Freeman debate (2009 1st round options at QB)

jaa1025
10-18-2008, 02:18 PM
I found a thread on a draft forum. I'm a huge Josh Freeman fan and think he would be the best pick for our Chiefs in 2009. Everything I've heard points to him jumping this year to the draft. What are your thoughts?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=265338&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Size: Freeman > Stafford (Freeman has elite size, Stafford is no slouch though)

Arm Strength: Stafford > or = Freeman. Stafford possibly has the best Arm in the draft but Freeman has a great Arm as well.

Accuracy: Freeman > Stafford. Higher % passes, 2 picks compared to 3 (not much difference) and Freeman is a really good passer on the run...Chiefs want to roll out more:-)

Mechanics: Freeman > Stafford. Josh's release is VERY quick. Almost Peyton Manning like. He's only been sacked 5 times this year which says that his pocket awareness is good, his footwork has improved dramatically and his release is good. It also says to me that he reads defenses well when they are blitzing and knows where his hot receiver is.

Consistency: Freeman> Stafford. Both could improve dramatically here, but Freeman has improved quite a bit since the last 6-7 games of last year to now. One of the biggest knocks on Stafford has been his consistency.

Leadership: Honestly, its hard to tell without being in the huddle. Freeman, while maybe has come across maybe cocky at times, seems to be ahead of the game when it comes to leadership.

The stats that Freeman puts up are even more amazing considering that KSU has one of the worst rushing offenses in the NCAA. Teams only have to stop the passing game and can drop 6-7 back all game long. Stafford has a better record and ultimately that's what matters. But KSU is terrible this year and their DEFENSE is one of the worst in the nation which is why KSU will have another bad record this year.

Reerun_KC
10-18-2008, 02:26 PM
ROFL

No way to Josh Freeman..

pr_capone
10-18-2008, 02:27 PM
From a KSU fan....

Soul-Glo Freeman has no business going in the 1st round... hell, IMHO he is not a first day guy.

I will not buy any Chiefs tickets, shirts, caps, or any other merchandise for a long while if Freeman becomes our #1 QB.... especially at the cost of a #1 pick.

the Talking Can
10-18-2008, 02:27 PM
wtf?

kstater
10-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Over Stafford? No.

He'll be a 1st rounder, but likely late 1st/early 2nd.

pr_capone
10-18-2008, 02:30 PM

This you?

http://bp1.blogger.com/_fOoumLooJUk/R7Idh83KyNI/AAAAAAAAAAM/0jTUoN6aXBA/s400/valentine+josh+freeman.JPG

RustShack
10-18-2008, 02:31 PM
I'll have to go with Stafford.... easy.

ChiefsCountry
10-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Freeman will be a first round quarterback but he is not better than Stafford.

Reerun_KC
10-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Stafford yes

Freeman no

Reerun_KC
10-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Freeman will be a first round quarterback but he is not better than Stafford.

Well I guess if wonderlic young and go in the first.. Freeman can as well...

ChiefsCountry
10-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Well I guess if wonderlic young and go in the first.. Freeman can as well...

Dude Freeman has everything you want physically in a NFL quarterback. He will go in the first round.

Reerun_KC
10-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Dude Freeman has everything you want physically in a NFL quarterback. He will go in the first round.

So did Vince Young...

RustShack
10-18-2008, 02:37 PM
So did Vince Young...

JaMarcus Russell

Reerun_KC
10-18-2008, 02:38 PM
JaMarcus Russell

All I was saying, I think freeman is talented enough, but I dont think he has enough matter between the ears to be successful...

He does some great things on the field, followed up by WTF's?

jaa1025
10-18-2008, 02:43 PM
JaMarcus Russell

Russell had NFL players EVERYWHERE around him. Including the best WR to come out of the draft. Freeman had Nelson last year, who is a good receiver but that was his sophomore year and his first true year of starting. His oline was terrible and is only moderately better this year. His top WR this year is a little 5'6 145 guy and they don't even have practice team type players on the offense.

Russell has and will always have weight problems. Josh is a much better Athlete and has much better footwork/mechanics.

Reerun_KC
10-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Russell had NFL players EVERYWHERE around him. Including the best WR to come out of the draft. Freeman had Nelson last year, who is a good receiver but that was his sophomore year and his first true year of starting. His oline was terrible and is only moderately better this year. His top WR this year is a little 5'6 145 guy and they don't even have practice team type players on the offense.

Russell has and will always have weight problems. Josh is a much better Athlete and has much better footwork/mechanics.

Well slow down there professor, lets wait to see what Freeman scores on his wonderlic exam...

jaa1025
10-18-2008, 02:45 PM
So did Vince Young...

Not really. His mechanics were/are awful. His accuracy was always questioned. Jeff Fisher was TOTALLY against drafting him.

jaa1025
10-18-2008, 02:47 PM
I'll have to go with Stafford.... easy.

I don't understand the hype with Stafford honestly. His numbers are about what Brodie Croyles were, except he's not made of glass. I just used him because he's the FotM and most people have him as the #1 QB.

Reerun_KC
10-18-2008, 02:52 PM
Someone needs to Que up Mecca....

jaa1025
10-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Well slow down there professor, lets wait to see what Freeman scores on his wonderlic exam...

Wonderlic tests don't really determine the ability of a QB to lead an offense. Look at some of the past scores of the best and worst QB's. Donovan McNabb scored a whopping 14! Ryan Leaf scored an above average 27. Alex Smith scored 32/40. Dan Marino...17. Brian Greise 39? You would be surprised at the list if you look at it.

I don't know how he will do because I don't know him personally and don't have any classes with him. I don't know if he will score a Michael Bishop type score or 40+. He doesn't sound like a complete idiot though when he speaks, so I have a little hope for him.

RustShack
10-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Stafford's Oline isn't that good, and neither are his WR's. Hes in a Matt Ryan situation where his WR's don't get separation and he is forced to throw into tight spaces. He makes the type of throws he will be asked to all the time in the NFL. Stafford has all the tools to be a great NFL QB.

milkman
10-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Put down the homer crackpipe and step away from the computer.

kstater
10-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Put down the homer crackpipe and step away from the computer.

This.

If Freeman is there in the 2nd and Stafford is gone for their 1st rounder(assuming KC doesn't get the #1 pick). I'd take him, but there is no debate between Stafford and Freeman.

jaa1025
10-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Stafford's Oline isn't that good, and neither are his WR's. Hes in a Matt Ryan situation where his WR's don't get separation and he is forced to throw into tight spaces. He makes the type of throws he will be asked to all the time in the NFL. Stafford has all the tools to be a great NFL QB.

Compared to KState's this year? KSU Oline is bad. Their running game is atrocious which means that the defenses can sit back and prey on the passing game. WR's are below average. Freeman has an equal or slightly less powerful arm. Good mechanics/footwork. Better size. More agile. Better stats. If KSU had a defense and running game, then Freeman would get more pub from the media. Some outlets are starting to recognize his talent and potential though.

Gravedigger
10-18-2008, 03:12 PM
This thread is funny. Can't you see that all Josh Freeman has going for him is his size. They say he's like Jamarcus Russell, that's a terrible thing. Just because a quarterback is big doesn't mean he's a good quarterback. You can have a pile of shit that is 6'8 250 lbs and its still just a pile of shit. I'm sorry but Josh Freeman will not be a successful NFL quarterback, not unless he gets on a really really really good team, and even then, it won't be because of him. Either we're going for Stafford or we're going for Bradford, I'd even take Tebow over Freeman and I"m completely against Heisman winners.

Halfcan
10-18-2008, 03:16 PM
This you?

http://bp1.blogger.com/_fOoumLooJUk/R7Idh83KyNI/AAAAAAAAAAM/0jTUoN6aXBA/s400/valentine+josh+freeman.JPG

ROFL

RustShack
10-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Stafford to the Bulldogs is like Brady to the Patriots.

jaa1025
10-18-2008, 03:22 PM
This thread is funny. Can't you see that all Josh Freeman has going for him is his size. They say he's like Jamarcus Russell, that's a terrible thing. Just because a quarterback is big doesn't mean he's a good quarterback. You can have a pile of shit that is 6'8 250 lbs and its still just a pile of shit. I'm sorry but Josh Freeman will not be a successful NFL quarterback, not unless he gets on a really really really good team, and even then, it won't be because of him. Either we're going for Stafford or we're going for Bradford, I'd even take Tebow over Freeman and I"m completely against Heisman winners.

"Can't see that all he has is his size?" Do you know who Josh Freeman is? He's thrown for 12 TD's with 2 picks. Run for another 12. Kstate's PRO STYLE offense without a hint of a running game is a very good offense. He doesn't have anyone around him and still puts up great numbers.

Tebow plays in a Spread offense at florida who's known for producing heisman QB's that flop in the NFL. I'd prefer Bradford over Stafford, but I'm not a fan of Stafford at all. Staford=Brodie Croyle that doesn't get hurt when there is a strong breeze.

RustShack
10-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Bradford = Pennington

jaa1025
10-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Bradford = Pennington

Honestly, I'd love to have Pennington compared to who we have now.

Gravedigger
10-18-2008, 03:29 PM
"Can't see that all he has is his size?" Do you know who Josh Freeman is? He's thrown for 12 TD's with 2 picks. Run for another 12. Kstate's PRO STYLE offense without a hint of a running game is a very good offense. He doesn't have anyone around him and still puts up great numbers.

Tebow plays in a Spread offense at florida who's known for producing heisman QB's that flop in the NFL. I'd prefer Bradford over Stafford, but I'm not a fan of Stafford at all. Staford=Brodie Croyle that doesn't get hurt when there is a strong breeze.

Stafford throws rockets, Brodie throws hail marys, I'd be "ok" with Freeman but I think we need an all around complete packaging. I see Freeman do well in college, but as it pertains to going to the NFL that doesn't mean a whole lot. We all need to look at the honest facts that we all know, nobody knows if a player will be 100% in the NFL or even be a playoff caliber quarterback. In the end we just don't know who's going to be better, I like what I've seen from Stafford, being down 31 to 0 and coming back to score 31 in the second half against Alabama, beating Tennessee, and beating Vanderbilt today speak alot higher than the teams that KState has played against. Stafford against Alabama was the comback caliber quarterback that we need, we haven't seen Freeman really come back in a huge game yet. You're more than welcome to have your opinion, but most of these forum goers are Stafford Koolaid drinkers.

jaa1025
10-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Regardless, there are quite a bit of national media type starting to take notice. By the end of the year, he will jump up the draft boards and be at the bare minimum a 1st rounder.

Mr. Laz
10-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Bradford = Pennington
not even freakin the same universe

Tribal Warfare
10-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Stafford throws rockets, Brodie throws hail marys,

Hey now, give the devil his due. Brodie has a rocket arm also, now the durability issue he needs to prove or he's gone.

jaa1025
10-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Stafford throws rockets, Brodie throws hail marys, I'd be "ok" with Freeman but I think we need an all around complete packaging. I see Freeman do well in college, but as it pertains to going to the NFL that doesn't mean a whole lot. We all need to look at the honest facts that we all know, nobody knows if a player will be 100% in the NFL or even be a playoff caliber quarterback. In the end we just don't know who's going to be better, I like what I've seen from Stafford, being down 31 to 0 and coming back to score 31 in the second half against Alabama, beating Tennessee, and beating Vanderbilt today speak alot higher than the teams that KState has played against. Stafford against Alabama was the comback caliber quarterback that we need, we haven't seen Freeman really come back in a huge game yet. You're more than welcome to have your opinion, but most of these forum goers are Stafford Koolaid drinkers.

Yeah..I agree. I'm pretty sure that most Chiefs fans would be delighted with Stafford/Bradford/Freeman after the crap we've been through with QBs lately, I know I would be. I probably do have slightly purple colored glasses on but you can't argue his size/numbers/arm strength and the style of offense that prepares QB's for the NFL. If he played for LSU then there would be no question where his draft stock would be.

jaa1025
10-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Hey now, give the devil his due. Brodie has a rocket arm also, now the durability issue he needs to prove or he's gone.

Durability issues
Decision making issues
Locking on to receiver issues
Accuracy issues
Holding on to the ball too long issues

the list goes on...

RustShack
10-18-2008, 03:45 PM
not even freakin the same universe

You might want to re examine both players and tell me how they are different.

SBK
10-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Yeah..I agree. I'm pretty sure that most Chiefs fans would be delighted with Stafford/Bradford/Freeman after the crap we've been through with QBs lately, I know I would be. I probably do have slightly purple colored glasses on but you can't argue his size/numbers/arm strength and the style of offense that prepares QB's for the NFL. If he played for LSU then there would be no question where his draft stock would be.

Stafford, thrilled.
Bradford, ok.
Freeman, pissed.

jaa1025
10-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Stafford, thrilled.
Bradford, ok.
Freeman, pissed.

Argument against Freeman? I haven't heard one single bad thing about him from the media except that they would like to see him be a little more consistent, which is the exact same argument against Stafford.

Mr. Laz
10-18-2008, 04:00 PM
You might want to re examine both players and tell me how they are different.

chad pennington is closer to Ty Detmer

bradford is much more upright when he throws ... like payton manning-ish

no ... i'm not saying that bradford is as good as manning.

FringeNC
10-18-2008, 04:03 PM
I just can't see taking a QB with this first pick who hasn't dominated at the college level, and Stafford, for all his physical skills hasn't.

RustShack
10-18-2008, 04:04 PM
All I see in Bradford and Pennington is big heart and great accuracy... neither are physically gifted. I'm talking Pennington before all the injurys.

RustShack
10-18-2008, 04:05 PM
I just can't see taking a QB with this first pick who hasn't dominated at the college level, and Stafford, for all his physical skills hasn't.

It's hard to "dominate" when you don't have a good Oline or any WR's.

Buehler445
10-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Uhhhh How about no.

FringeNC
10-18-2008, 04:11 PM
It's hard to "dominate" when you don't have a good Oline or any WR's.

Does Kansas have more skill on offense than UGA?

Mr. Laz
10-18-2008, 04:13 PM
All I see in Bradford and Pennington is big heart and great accuracy... neither are physically gifted. I'm talking Pennington before all the injurys.
wow

Ultra Peanut
10-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Quite a magnificent retard.

RustShack
10-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Pennington was a 1st round pick by the great Bill Parcells was he not? Hes the most accurate passer in NFL history is he not? Please how is Bradford any better than that? Bank on it, he wouldn't a that good of a QB if he wasn't surrounded by the talent he is at Oklahoma. He can't even make an NFL style though, now I haven't watched every snap hes ever taken, but of the ones Damon Huard would make. That might be why you guys love him so much, because hes perfect for a Herm offense.

OnTheWarpath15
10-18-2008, 04:45 PM
ROFL

These threads crack me up.

If Freeman played for anyone outside the Big 12, no one here would even give him a second look.

the Talking Can
10-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Does Kansas have more skill on offense than UGA?

yeah, probably...KU has a much better WR group....and much better coaching and scheme....

Georgia's OL is wrecked with injury and plays like shit, relative to the quality you'd expect from a top SEC squad....

Moreno isn't even averaging 100 yards per game, which is absurd....(he had a great game today though, Stafford was up and down)

Tribal Warfare
10-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Pennington was a 1st round pick by the great Bill Parcells was he not? Hes the most accurate passer in NFL history is he not? Please how is Bradford any better than that? Bank on it, he wouldn't a that good of a QB if he wasn't surrounded by the talent he is at Oklahoma. He can't even make an NFL style though, now I haven't watched every snap hes ever taken, but of the ones Damon Huard would make. That might be why you guys love him so much, because hes perfect for a Herm offense.

I see you were poluted by Mecca's "insight"

milkman
10-18-2008, 05:19 PM
I see you were poluted by Mecca's "insight"

mecca tends to underrate Bradford, but the fact is, his arm strength leaves something to be desired, and he hasn't shown the ability to make throws ina tight window.

I think he's a smart kid that can be a very successful NFL QB in the right system.

KevB
10-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Freeman's on FoxSports against CU right now. Try to watch a bit and tell me he's not tantalizing as an NFL prospect. First drive, I saw two plays that scouts have to love. Great size, good athlete, very strong arm, an awareness in the pocket and is willing to stand in and take a hit. Not sure why there's so much hate in this thread.

Tribal Warfare
10-18-2008, 05:23 PM
mecca tends to underrate Bradford, but the fact is, his arm strength leaves something to be desired, and he hasn't shown the ability to make throws ina tight window.

I think he's a smart kid that can be a very successful NFL QB in the right system.

He's a west coast type of QB in the Bill Walsh mold, and in the KU game their were pretty tight areas he pinpointed passes while his WR's were in stride.

58-4ever
10-18-2008, 05:23 PM
I'll take Sam Bradford

milkman
10-18-2008, 05:24 PM
Freeman's on FoxSports against CU right now. Try to watch a bit and tell me he's not tantalizing as an NFL prospect. First drive, I saw two plays that scouts have to love. Great size, good athlete, very strong arm, an awareness in the pocket and is willing to stand in and take a hit. Not sure why there's so much hate in this thread.

I wouldn't call it hate, but to suggest he is better than Stafford is just stupid.

The guy is Dante Culpepper.

58-4ever
10-18-2008, 05:24 PM

Your and idiot

milkman
10-18-2008, 05:25 PM
He's a west coast type of QB in the Bill Walsh mold, and in the KU game their were pretty tight areas he pinpointed passes while his WR's were in stride.

He's accurate, but I don't see that same accuracy on out routes.

58-4ever
10-18-2008, 05:27 PM
He's accurate, but I don't see that same accuracy on out routes.

If his receivers caught all his balls today, Bradford would have 550 yards.

milkman
10-18-2008, 05:29 PM
If his receivers caught all his balls today, Bradford would have 550 yards.

That doesn't change the fact that he doesn't have the arm strength to make all the throws.

Tribal Warfare
10-18-2008, 05:36 PM
That doesn't change the fact that he doesn't have the arm strength to make all the throws.

His arm strength is on par with Hasselback,Warner, and Garcia which is very serviceable.

58-4ever
10-18-2008, 05:37 PM

Actually he does. I've watched every throw this year. I don't know where you are getting your information. Maybe you're just a bitter KU fan? :shrug:

jaa1025
10-18-2008, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't call it hate, but to suggest he is better than Stafford is just stupid.

The guy is Dante Culpepper.

I'd LOVE to have Pre-injury Dante Culpepper

58-4ever
10-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Stafford was 13-23 with 2TDs and 2INTs....just saying.

Tribal Warfare
10-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Stafford was 13-23 with 2TDs and 2INTs....just saying.

Stafford is a Farve like prospect/project, he'll soar with the right coaches and situation or might get ruined like David Carr if he's in the wrong situation.

58-4ever
10-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Stafford is a Farve like prospect/project, he'll soar with the right coaches and situation or might get ruined like David Carr if he's in the wrong situation.

Yep, big arm no doubt, but Croyle has a pretty strong arm too.

Tribal Warfare
10-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Yep, big arm no doubt, but Croyle has a pretty strong arm too.

I'm not a big physical attribute fanatic like some, It's just part of Stafford's game. The Farve/Carr comparison was the best and worst case scenarios.

Reerun_KC
10-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Can he run the option?

Fairplay
10-18-2008, 08:12 PM
I like Freeman's.

There are are several books just about them. Plus they have those crazy deep blue eyes. And they ride these giant worms around also.

Dave Lane
10-18-2008, 08:20 PM
Not really. His mechanics were/are awful. His accuracy was always questioned. Jeff Fisher was TOTALLY against drafting him.

I never heard he was against it. Are you sure?

Fairplay
10-18-2008, 08:22 PM

The Chiefs will ruin him. No question about that. :mad:

jaa1025
10-18-2008, 08:27 PM
Can he run the option?

I never heard he was against it. Are you sure?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/23/hoge-says-fisher-fought-like-crazy-against-drafting-vince-young/

I know its PFT, but I've heard it before on TV/Talk Radio shortly after he was drafted.

milkman
10-18-2008, 09:44 PM
His arm strength is on par with Hasselback,Warner, and Garcia which is very serviceable.

Yep, that's about right.

I'm pretty sure you've never heard any of those arms called "strong"

milkman
10-18-2008, 09:46 PM
I like Freeman's.

There are are several books just about them. Plus they have those crazy deep blue eyes. And they ride these giant worms around also.

It's been a number of years since I read Dune, but I'm pretty sure that was "Freman" with only one "e".

Buehler445
10-18-2008, 10:25 PM
There is still discussion in this thread? WTF?

Isn't this the same kid that couldn't practice one year because he was too fat and couldn't pass a physical?

Coach
10-18-2008, 11:13 PM
Well, if we want to talk about accuracy, McCoy is pretty darned accurate, and he has been lights out thus far.

KCrockaholic
10-18-2008, 11:18 PM
neither! they are both overrated

KCrockaholic
10-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Leadership: Honestly, its hard to tell without being in the huddle. Freeman, while maybe has come across maybe cocky at times, seems to be ahead of the game when it comes to leadership.

honestly I cant say Freeman is a better leader than Stafford. I actually heard alot about Freeman thanks to a friend that was recruited the same year as Freeman. Freeman is basically a full of himself A-hole that thinks hes better than the game. when he was deciding on his college, he told K-state that we wouldnt play for them unless they allowed him to start as a true freshman. Well he ended up starting 8 games that year, did fine. But hes not the type of player than we need...KC needs a leader with an attitude like Matt Ryan, hes unselfish and knows how to win football games....Freeman, hate to say it, is not worth our draft pick unless he can manage to fall into rnd 2 or 3

keg in kc
10-18-2008, 11:53 PM
I've never seen anything from Freeman that leads me to think he's going to be a good NFL quarterback. He's big, and that's about it. He's a mediocre QB on a bad team.

KCrockaholic
10-19-2008, 12:16 AM
I've never seen anything from Freeman that leads me to think he's going to be a good NFL quarterback. He's big, and that's about it. He's a mediocre QB on a bad team.

hey reminds me a bit of Mr. Jamarcus Russell, except Russell had more arm strength

RustShack
10-19-2008, 12:44 AM
Your and idiot

Your just a blind fan that doesn't want to see it. What does Bradford have that Pennington doesn't?

J Diddy
10-19-2008, 12:52 AM
You guys are full of shit. Freeman is the guy for us.

We need a big quarterback that can take the beating our offensive line is gonna unleash on him.

alanm
10-19-2008, 08:33 AM
I found a thread on a draft forum. I'm a huge Josh Freeman fan and think he would be the best pick for our Chiefs in 2009. Everything I've heard points to him jumping this year to the draft. What are your thoughts?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=265338&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Size: Freeman > Stafford (Freeman has elite size, Stafford is no slouch though)

Arm Strength: Stafford > or = Freeman. Stafford possibly has the best Arm in the draft but Freeman has a great Arm as well.

Accuracy: Freeman > Stafford. Higher % passes, 2 picks compared to 3 (not much difference) and Freeman is a really good passer on the run...Chiefs want to roll out more:-)

Mechanics: Freeman > Stafford. Josh's release is VERY quick. Almost Peyton Manning like. He's only been sacked 5 times this year which says that his pocket awareness is good, his footwork has improved dramatically and his release is good. It also says to me that he reads defenses well when they are blitzing and knows where his hot receiver is.

Consistency: Freeman> Stafford. Both could improve dramatically here, but Freeman has improved quite a bit since the last 6-7 games of last year to now. One of the biggest knocks on Stafford has been his consistency.

The stats that Freeman puts up are even more amazing considering that KSU has one of the worst rushing offenses in the NCAA. Teams only have to stop the passing game and can drop 6-7 back all game long. Stafford has a better record and ultimately that's what matters. But KSU is terrible this year and their DEFENSE is one of the worst in the nation which is why KSU will have another bad record this year.
Wonderlic....after this season.

Hootie
10-19-2008, 08:40 AM
as racist as it sounds, no thanks to the black QB.

the Talking Can
10-19-2008, 08:44 AM
putting aside the funny KSU homer, what do people think of Colt McCoy?

does his game translate to the nfl?

milkman
10-19-2008, 08:52 AM

does his game translate to the nfl?

Here's what I had to say about McCoy in the draft forum.

10-15 lbs would be a welcome addition.

What stands out to me is how much he's matured over last season.

I know he was playing with a shoulder problem last year, but I just didn't see the same leadership and determination that I see this year.

He's grown into a kid that makes plays in the clutch.

He's maintaining his composure and making good decisions.

Yeah, I think he can be an NFL QB.

I actually like him better than Bradford.

Skip Towne
10-19-2008, 08:58 AM

How tall is McCoy?

Rooster
10-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Monster lineman with the number one pick and Freeman with our high number two. I could live with that.

milkman
10-19-2008, 08:59 AM
How tall is McCoy?

6'3", if I remember correctly.

Edit:Just checked, and that's correct.

the Talking Can
10-19-2008, 09:01 AM

this was the first time i'd watched him.....he "seems" short, but i'm too lazy to even check right now...

one more name to watch though

*edit*

ok, he's 6'3

lots to like, i guess

milkman
10-19-2008, 09:02 AM
Monster lineman with the number one pick and Freeman with our high number two. I could live with that.

Just say "No" to Freeman.

The only way that guy sees success is if we also draft Randy Moss and Chris Carter clones.

KevB
10-19-2008, 09:49 AM
this was the first time i'd watched him.....he "seems" short, but i'm too lazy to even check right now...

one more name to watch though

*edit*

ok, he's 6'3

lots to like, i guess

There's no way McCoy is 6'3. I'd be shocked if he's over 6'0 tall. I don't care what they've listed him at.

This year he's making more plays in the pocket, so that's a nice improvement. Last year, the only time McCoy concerned me as an opponent's fan was when he broke the pocket and the play broke down.

alanm
10-19-2008, 10:48 AM

does his game translate to the nfl?Does a spread offense translate to the NFL?

milkman
10-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Does a spread offense translate to the NFL?

With the proliferation of the spread offense in college ball, teams are going have to look at the QB position with a more critical eye and make educated guesses about a spread QB's pro potential.

Drew Brees success tells us that they can succeed.

alanm
10-19-2008, 10:58 AM
With the proliferation of the spread offense in college ball, teams are going have to look at the QB position with a more critical eye and make educated guesses about a spread QB's pro potential.

Drew Brees success tells us that they can succeed.
Then it all comes down to who can process information quickly, ability to play under center and read defenses.
Guess a lot of # 1 draft picks will be riding the pine for a few years of seasoning.
As it should be.

the Talking Can
10-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Does a spread offense translate to the NFL?

do they operate from the shotgun most of the time?

i really wasn't paying close attention

alanm
10-19-2008, 11:00 AM
do they operate from the shotgun most of the time?

i really wasn't paying close attention
3rd and longs maybe.

WilliamTheIrish
10-19-2008, 11:13 AM
No fanboi draft picks.

Pablo
10-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Colt McCoy is 6'3" like Chase Daniel is 6'1".

I'd say he's closer to 6'1" and Daniel is about 5'11".

At the end when they were having there little hug-fest, whispering into each others ears, there wasn't too much of a difference in height..maybe 2 inches.