PDA

View Full Version : Poop according to Mort: LJ fined 6 times this year

the Talking Can
10-19-2008, 09:17 AM
mort said he'd been fined by Herm for tardiness a half dozen times this year already....

?

that guy is a pussy who quit the minute he signed his contract

Marcellus
10-19-2008, 09:27 AM
He's just bucking to get his ass out of KC. We will trade him this offseason for a crappy pick (contract restructure to make it possible) and he will go tear it up somewhere else.

milkman
10-19-2008, 09:28 AM
He's just bucking to get his ass out of KC. We will trade him this offseason for a crappy pick (contract restructure to make it possible) and he will go tear it up somewhere else.

They won't need to restructure to make it possible.

Hootie
10-19-2008, 09:28 AM
who gives a shit? I'm tired of LJ...I don't give two shits who's running for this shitty team...when is the draft again?

chop
10-19-2008, 09:34 AM
I remember looking at the contract he signed and thinking he would be not be around more than 2 years before being released or restructured.

Sure-Oz
10-19-2008, 09:56 AM
I really want to know where he should've missed 4 games or whatever...i like how no on has said anything

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2008, 10:34 AM
I predict that the Chiefs will get a conditional 5th round pick for LJ in the off-season

milkman
10-19-2008, 10:38 AM
I predict that the Chiefs will get a conditional 5th round pick for LJ in the off-season

I predict that the rest of the league is smart enough to wait for the Chiefs to cut his dumb ass.

OnTheWarpath15
10-19-2008, 10:43 AM
I predict that the rest of the league is smart enough to wait for the Chiefs to cut his dumb ass.

This.

Coach
10-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Or the Chiefs could make LJ's life a living hell by deactivating him for the rest of this season and throughout the remainder of his contract.

bkkcoh
10-20-2008, 07:33 AM
Or the Chiefs could make LJ's life a living hell by deactivating him for the rest of this season and throughout the remainder of his contract.

TO anyone, anyone.

Bwana
10-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Quality guy, a real team player and an asset to the community.

Chiefnj2
10-20-2008, 07:48 AM
Good. I'm all for Herm losing control of the locker room.

Hootie
10-20-2008, 07:50 AM
Yeah...life sure would be hell...he'd make $45M...never take a hit...and make it rain.

LJ has all of the power now...he has the contract...the club can release him and cut their losses...or they can play him and hope to at least get something out of him...albeit a draft pick or production.

LJ is a great 2 down back...all he needs is a little support. Get him to the 2nd level and you won't find many better running backs.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-20-2008, 07:50 AM
LJ shouldn't be doing this, but Herm is the real pussy for not doing anything about it until now. The guy is in WAY over his head as a head coach.

Hootie
10-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Not defending LJ...

But I think, if I were a star RB, it would be hard for me to want to show up to a team meeting and listen to the dumbass coaches come up with a dumbass gameplan that is most likely going to feature me running right up the middle and gaining between 0-2 yards every time...behind Adrian Jones.

NewChief
10-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Heh. LJ's been involved in this sort of behavior from day 1 with the Chiefs. The fact is that, up until now, they were able to keep it out of the media and behind closed doors. As I was told by a certain QB who once played with him, "If the public had any idea, any idea at all, of all the shit LJ's pulled, they'd want him run out of town."

seclark
10-20-2008, 07:58 AM
Not defending LJ...

But I think, if I were a star RB, it would be hard for me to want to show up to a team meeting and listen to the dumbass coaches come up with a dumbass gameplan that is most likely going to feature me running right up the middle and gaining between 0-2 yards every time...behind Adrian Jones.

it might be hard, but if i signed a contract, i'd do it.
sec

Hootie
10-20-2008, 08:00 AM
Heh. LJ's been involved in this sort of behavior from day 1 with the Chiefs. The fact is that, up until now, they were able to keep it out of the media and behind closed doors. As I was told by a certain QB who once played with him, "If the public had any idea, any idea at all, of all the shit LJ's pulled, they'd want him run out of town."

I assume this is true, since you'd be the one to know...so it really must have been to please the fans when Carl signed him to that contract...since they could have washed their hands clean of LJ and received a 1st round pick for their troubles.

Hootie
10-20-2008, 08:01 AM
it might be hard, but if i signed a contract, i'd do it.
sec

Good point.

DeezNutz
10-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Now this is the kind of stuff that makes all of the "Will Carl be back?" conversations seem absurd to me. Even if Clark only cares about butts in the seats, this should be the final blow.

Look at how much of the Hunt's money Carl wasted on someone who has shown a pattern of defying team rules and, more disturbingly, getting physical with women.

Even if Clark doesn't give a darn about football, shouldn't this make the choice a no brainer?

Chiefs Pantalones
10-20-2008, 08:02 AM

Matt Blundin?

NewChief
10-20-2008, 08:03 AM
I assume this is true, since you'd be the one to know...so it really must have been to please the fans when Carl signed him to that contract...since they could have washed their hands clean of LJ and received a 1st round pick for their troubles.

Well, the guy had performed and can still perform at times. I really don't think he's a very likeable guy, though. I'm not sure if it's because he's an intentional asshole or just has an abrasive or socially-awkward personality.

triple
10-20-2008, 08:28 AM

i predict carl will say a starting running back is worth a first round pick and we'll get nothing, and he'll still be on the roster next year. if carl is still around

triple
10-20-2008, 08:29 AM
Not defending LJ...

that is the difference between low class, low character people like Larry Johnson and people like Tony Gonzalez

Hootie
10-20-2008, 08:31 AM
that is the difference between low class, low character people like Larry Johnson and people like Tony Gonzalez

Quitting on a shitty team happens a lot more than you think...LJ isn't the only one...that whole defense quit in the 4th quarter today.

triple
10-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Quitting on a shitty team happens a lot more than you think...LJ isn't the only one...that whole defense quit in the 4th quarter today.

He quit before this season started. even last year, he was ineffective in 5 of the 8 games he played in before he got hurt.

He does not even rise to the level of being a paycheck player. They play but only for the prospect of making more money for themselves. He doesn't even play for it.

In baseball they call this "makeup". It's the motivation to succeed and be the best individual player you can be. He's got zero makeup. Ever hear of a guy named Runelvys Hernandez?

and I don't care who you are, if you hit a woman you're a p*ssy that would never get a job working for me.

Chiefnj2
10-20-2008, 09:06 AM
He does not even rise to the level of being a paycheck player. .

120+ yards against Atlanta and close to 200 yards against Denver isn't earning a paycheck?

Nzoner
10-20-2008, 09:12 AM
I knew I should've chosen the Lawrence Taylor fathead over LJ

SDChief
10-20-2008, 09:53 AM

I've only heard very little, and I've already want him out of here. This team has enough problems, if new coaching comes in the last thing we need is some underperforming primadonna crybaby taking any energy away from turning this team around. It's one thing to tolerate players like him on winning teams, but there is no reason to have him here in this situation.

Hootie
10-20-2008, 09:56 AM
I've only heard very little, and I've already want him out of here. This team has enough problems, if new coaching comes in the last thing we need is some underperforming primadonna crybaby taking any energy away from turning this team around. It's one thing to tolerate players like him on winning teams, but there is no reason to have him here in this situation.

what the fuck are they going to do about it?

They gave him $19M guaranteed...might as well try and make him appear as productive so they can get SOMETHING out of this guy.

Chiefnj2
There was a reason why Vermeil treated LJ the way he did.

I read that LJ was late for the team plane a few weeks ago. Herm decided to hold the plane for Larry. They should have taken off and let him fly in on his own dime and then benched him for part of the game for being late.

ChiefGator

Agreed. As each rookie is added to our roster, the cancer of losing begins to spread through them. The new coaching staff is going to find an entire roster (san TG and a few others if we are lucky) of losers, quiters, and excuse-makers. Housecleaning will be necessary, and this rebuild will all have been for naught.

patteeu
10-20-2008, 10:13 AM
LJ is a great 2 down back...all he needs is a little support. Get him to the 2nd level and you won't find many better running backs.

LJ is good if you get him to the 2nd level, but I can't go this far since he seems more vulnerable to being run down from behind than he ought to be. I guess if you limit it to getting past that 2nd level, I can agree with it.

SDChief
10-20-2008, 10:20 AM
what the **** are they going to do about it?

They gave him $19M guaranteed...might as well try and make him appear as productive so they can get SOMETHING out of this guy.

well yeah, I agree, but he needs to be out of here the first chance we get. I'm not saying cut him outright, but I also don't want herm/carl to pretend nothing is wrong and he's part of the future for this team. because I would be willing to be bet that a new gm and coach will get rid of LJ. Probably one of the first moves made. I'm not saying he can't still produce on the field, but 100 yard games is not what is going to start fixing this team.

Anyong Bluth
10-20-2008, 10:30 AM
He can keep doing this all he wants, the Chiefs will only have more leverage to make their case for fining him or suspending him.

If he keeps it up- just fine the hell out of him and make him run on the scout team. Eventually he'll feel the pain in his wallet and wise up, or he'll end up like Marcus Allen and in Limbo after his fall out with Al Davis.

If he continually is a problem, cut his ass and seek to recoup some of his money for failure to perform. You can't purposely attempt to get traded by not honoring your contract thru frustration of performance.

Chiefnj2
10-20-2008, 10:34 AM
If he continually is a problem, cut his ass and seek to recoup some of his money for failure to perform. You can't purposely attempt to get traded by not honoring your contract thru frustration of performance.

How is it failure to perform when one of his violations was his refusal to leave a game? He wants more chances to perform.

patteeu
10-20-2008, 10:48 AM
How is it failure to perform when one of his violations was his refusal to leave a game? He wants more chances to perform.

Refusal to leave a game?

triple
10-20-2008, 10:51 AM
i can't wait until this cancer is gone. there should be a party somewhere in the city when he is

we'll be happier than the red sox fans were when manny left, and manny is still producing

Chiefnj2
10-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Refusal to leave a game?

One of his vioaltions is allegedly refusing to come off the field in a game where Herm wanted Charles in.

patteeu
10-20-2008, 10:58 AM
One of his vioaltions is allegedly refusing to come off the field in a game where Herm wanted Charles in.

Wow, I hadn't heard that. That's messed up. LJ must have an ego the size of Shannon Sharpe's mouth.

Chiefnj2
10-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Wow, I hadn't heard that. That's messed up. LJ must have an ego the size of Shannon Sharpe's mouth.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8694746/Sunday-Scoops:-Is-Favre-guilty-of-insider-trading

Jay Glazer
L.J.'s K.C. T.O.
Larry Johnson was put in the NFL's version of a timeout this week when he was declared inactive for violating team rules. This punishment, however, has been a long-time brewing.

According to several sources, Johnson has been late for several things, including the plane on their trip to the Panthers before their Week 5 game. The team had to hold the team plane for the tardy Johnson. Some wanted to leave him, but the decision was made to wait.

Several weeks prior, Johnson was told to come out of a game for a personnel package that included rookie Jamaal Charles. Johnson refused. He was told again, but again he refused to leave the game and insisted that if the team put Charles on the field they would get a penalty for 12 men on the field.

After that incident he was given a talking to by Chiefs brass, but obviously he has not heeded the warnings.

The team shopped Johnson prior to last week's trading deadline but found no takers. He's in need of a strong reputation overhaul but, most of all, needs to start by winning over the men he plays alongside in that Chiefs locker room.

Head coach Herm Edwards always preaches respecting the NFL shield. Johnson's off-field incident a week ago certainly didn't help his cause.

SDChief
10-20-2008, 11:20 AM
well, I don't care how much of a tard herm and the staff are, if LJ thinks that he should be able to call the shots then I don't see any positive in having him around. I'm glad he wants to stay out there, but he can't call the shots. I remember negative statements from anonymous players a few years ago about him and I just kinda blew them off, but now it seems to think his contract makes him untouchable. they need to rid the lockerroom of this guy

FringeNC
10-20-2008, 11:24 AM

I am not surprised. I just wonder what the state of the Chiefs would be had we never drafted LJ. I have a feeling it'd be much better. In fact, I wonder if Herm would even be coach -- was in brought in to manage LJ?

triple
10-20-2008, 11:24 AM
the fact that some people on the team wanted the plane to leave without him tells you all you need to know.

blaise
10-20-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm just glad that LJ relates so much better to Herm than Dick Vermeil.

stonedstooge
10-20-2008, 11:36 AM
I know Vermeil and Johnson had their fued. He wanted to play. Would you want to play for a dumbass like Einstein Edwards? I don't care who was the running back sending them up the middle with no one blocking would be frustrating as hell. I don't think Johnson is ignorant, think he is tired of working for an ignorant coaching staff. I'd have given up by now too. But hitting a woman goes below the belt as far as I'm concerned. Should have his ass kicked severly for doing such a thing. If it is true. With the media the way it is today, who knows.

SDChief
10-20-2008, 11:36 AM
the fact that some people on the team wanted the plane to leave without him tells you all you need to know.

Yeah, i guess that kinda explains the 3 carries. I guess you can say it's not only his off the field antics that make him a douche, it's on the field and in the locker room too. I might owe DV an apology, I thought he was totally in the wrong in the whole diaper boy thing, but I guess the old man knew a turd when he saw one. Sorry Dick....

Chiefnj2
10-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Manning used to blow off Dungy, so LJ figures he can do the same with Herm.

Seriously though, how do you not suspend him for insubordination and refusing to come off the field? It's Herm and Carls fault for letting this get so out of hand.

SDChief
10-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Manning used to blow off Dungy, so LJ figures he can do the same with Herm.

Seriously though, how do you not suspend him for insubordination and refusing to come off the field? It's Herm and Carls fault for letting this get so out of hand.

I agree, Herm has lost at least the veterans on this team. Rookies aren't far behind.