PDA

View Full Version : Football At Least KC Was Supposed To Be Down This Year; Charger's Suck Unexpected

vailpass
10-19-2008, 03:01 PM
As hard as this season must be for you guys to endure, at least you knew you were headed for the bottom in order to get back to the top.

San Diego was supposed to have a veteran team that was a lock to win the West this year, some thought they were SB contenders. Instead they are a middle-of-the-road team that shows no sign of improving.
LT looks to be on the downside of an awesome career, Merriman out and who knows if he will ever be the same, Norv is their coach and their window is closing.

Which is worse: being a really, really bad team when you were expected to be a bad team or being a mediocre team when you were expected to be a very good team?

Reaper16
10-19-2008, 03:02 PM
As hard as this season must be for you guys to endure, at least you knew you were headed for the bottom in order to get back to the top.

San Diego was supposed to have a veteran team that was a lock to win the West this year, some thought they were SB contenders. Instead they are a middle-of-the-road team that shows no sign of improving.
LT looks to be on the downside of an awesome career, Merriman out and who knows if he will ever be the same, Norv is their coach and their window is closing.

Which is worse: being a really, really bad team when you were expected to be a bad team or being a mediocre team when you were expected to be a very good team?
The latter.

Signed,

MU football fans.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Much worse to be underachieving than the situation KC is in. Much worse IMO. All about expectations.

Hydrae
10-19-2008, 03:04 PM

I understand what you are saying here but at least the Chargers can point to things like LT having issues with his toe and Merriman being out. If the Chiefs could actually show that they could compete it might be a different matter but as things are now, this is the worst thing I have gone through as a fan (no, I was not a fan of football really in the 70's and 80's).

Mecca
10-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Because they lost to Buffalo?

Buffalo is a good team...where's Warpath he laughed at me when I said they were a playoff team before this year.

vailpass
10-19-2008, 03:07 PM
The latter.

Signed,

MU football fans.

It is easy to get your expectations up when you have yet to play a quality opponent. A reality check has been achieved for those folks.

beach tribe
Worse to be the Chargers IMO. Especially when they will prbably stop selling out before we do.

Although it is a good argument when anyone in the media mentions the Chiefs the people around them bust out in laughter.

cdcox
The fundamentals of the Chargers economy are strong.

Seriously, all their internal numbers point to a winning team. Must be Norv Turner.

They could still make a push.

vailpass

Buffalo is a good team...where's Warpath he laughed at me when I said they were a playoff team before this year.

Buff is a damn good team. Talking about year-to-date standing compared to pre-season expecations.

Mecca
10-19-2008, 03:08 PM
The Chargers will still make the playoffs and have a good chance of making it with their talent...

There is no team that is head and shoulders better than everyone, the Chargers could lineup and smack the Titans around.

OctoberFart
10-19-2008, 03:09 PM
SD isn't that big a a surprise. They are on the slow downward spiral since Marty left and they have been Norv'd. Marty for all the crap he gets is great at keeping good talent around and developing it.

MichaelH
10-19-2008, 03:10 PM

This isn't one of your choices but I think it's worse to be both a really bad team led by a coaching staff and management that have no clue and won't win a playoff game in years and a really good team led by a decent coaching staff but bad management team and still not win a playoff game. The Chiefs have whiffed for 25 years. That trumps anything the Chargers could do. On second thought, they did draft Leaf. ROFL

beach tribe
10-19-2008, 03:10 PM
I was just trying to make myself feel better I think. Of coarse it's worse to be us. This is one of the worst professional teams I have ever seen play. We are the joke of the league.

Mecca
10-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Not to mention San Diegos schedule will lighten up, they've played a ridiculous schedule so far and got jobbed out of a win.

vailpass
10-19-2008, 03:14 PM
The Chargers will still make the playoffs and have a good chance of making it with their talent...

There is no team that is head and shoulders better than everyone, the Chargers could lineup and smack the Titans around.

Do you think there will be 2 playoff teams coming out of the AFC West?

Mecca
10-19-2008, 03:15 PM

Possibly, where are you seeing this greatness at? The east has Buffalo...the North? The Steelers...the South has 3 teams that will probably all beat each other..it's possible.

And Denver is starting to fade because they can't stop anyone.

vailpass
10-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Not to mention San Diegos schedule will lighten up, they've played a ridiculous schedule so far and got jobbed out of a win.

Cry like a bitch if you want but it was the Charger D not the officials that gave up a game tying TD followed by a game losing 2-pointer.
In the previous week the same SD Defense gave up the game winning TD pass at the last second. At some point exuses need to stop and accountability needs to begin.

cdcox
10-19-2008, 03:17 PM

Myopia anyone?

vailpass
Possibly, where are you seeing this greatness at? The east has Buffalo...the North? The Steelers...the South has 3 teams that will probably all beat each other..it's possible.

And Denver is starting to fade because they can't stop anyone.

At their current pace SD will finish 8-8 maybe 9-7. If they don't win the West they don't stand a very good chance of getting in.

vailpass
Myopia anyone?

What do you mean? IMHO either Denver or SD will make the playoffs but not both. Do you disagree?

Mecca
10-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Because San Diego is going to play the kind of schedule they've played so far all year...

I don't think people realize how tough their opening schedule has been.

Skip Towne
10-19-2008, 03:18 PM
Somewhere, Marty is laughing his ass off. I'd be pissed off too if I got fired and they hired Eddie Haskell to replace me.

Mecca
10-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Marty has no one but himself to blame, how do you get into it with a GM who drafts as good as AJ Smith does?

AJ Smith is a really really good player personnel guy yet Marty bitches about having no say really?

cdcox
10-19-2008, 03:21 PM
What do you mean? IMHO either Denver or SD will make the playoffs but not both. Do you disagree?

I disagree that Denver is favored to win the AFC West at this point.

vailpass
10-19-2008, 03:27 PM
I disagree that Denver is favored to win the AFC West at this point.

My ost wasn't about Denvber but since you bring it up....
I guess it depends on who you listen to; I've seen/heard more than one "expert" give Denver the favored nod at this point. They are 1 game up on SD now and will be 2 up at week 7 if they can beat NE on Monday.

Personally I feel the Broncos have another year of maturing together before they are favorites and wouldn't be totally surprised to see SD get back in the race.

Do you favor SD to win the West or are you stinging after today's embarassment and just getting your vent on?

cdcox
10-19-2008, 03:36 PM
My ost wasn't about Denvber but since you bring it up....
I guess it depends on who you listen to; I've seen/heard more than one "expert" give Denver the favored nod at this point. They are 1 game up on SD now and will be 2 up at week 7 if they can beat NE on Monday.

Personally I feel the Broncos have another year of maturing together before they are favorites and wouldn't be totally surprised to see SD get back in the race.

Do you favor SD to win the West or are you stinging after today's embarassment and just getting your vent on?

I still think SD wins the west. Their internal numbers (things that contribute to wins such as offensive and defensive average gain per carry, offensive and defensive average gain per pass attempt, etc) are still very good. That means that their play is better than their record. There is a good chance they will start piling up wins if they keep playing like they have. I think they'll have 10 wins or more by the end of the season.

Mecca
10-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Losing to Buffalo isn't exactly embarrassing, losing to the Chiefs that is embarrassing.

alanm
10-19-2008, 03:48 PM
I was just trying to make myself feel better I think. Of coarse it's worse to be us. This is one of the worst professional teams I have ever seen play. We are the joke of the league.
Personally, I think Cincinnati is worse than KC but we're not going to be able to settle it on the field. :spock:

orange
10-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Because San Diego is going to play the kind of schedule they've played so far all year...

They'll feast on the rest of their schedule - just like they feasted on Miami!

:rolleyes:

EyePod
10-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Norv Turner is the new Chiefs MVP... nah, maybe the Non-SD AFC West MVP!!!

Brock
10-19-2008, 04:39 PM

Is there any limit to the excuses you'll make? That team is stacked, and they're getting manhandled. No excuses.

Mecca
10-19-2008, 04:47 PM
There are 0 dominant teams...the Colts are getting killed, the Cowboys look blah. The simple point is San Diego with their talent level will likely rebound and make the playoffs.

SBK
10-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Losing to Buffalo isn't exactly embarrassing, losing to the Chiefs that is embarrassing.

LMAO

jjchieffan
10-19-2008, 04:59 PM
It wasn't unexpected by me. I called it months ago. I call it the Norv Turner factor.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190479

cdcox
10-20-2008, 08:08 PM
As a fan, I think the hardest thing to endure would be to unexpectedly get your hopes up about winning the division, only to get them crushed on national TV.

DT58HOF
10-20-2008, 10:09 PM

our players and coach sucks, the Chargers have good players and a coach that might be worse than Herm!
Pimple faced Norv is a azz clown

FAX
10-20-2008, 10:10 PM
It's just our luck. The one year when the West sucks from top to bottom and we just happen to be enjoying our worst season ever.

FAX

Ugly Duck
10-21-2008, 01:26 AM
The Chargers will still make the playoffs and have a good chance of making it with their talent....

I still think the Dolts will take the division.

They are 1 game behind the Donkees & are 3-2 in their last 5. Denver is 2-3.

Chargers point differential is +30, Donk's is -22.

Sandy Eggo is +1 in turnovers.... Denver is the turnoverest team in the league at -9.

Unless Denver closes those stats, they'll get overtaken with 9 games yet to play. Even the lowly Chiefs can beat Denver.

Cntrygal
10-22-2008, 06:07 PM
LMAO

:grr:

milkman
10-22-2008, 06:24 PM
I don't find the Chargers downward spiral unexpected.

I thought that they would be self motivated and compete last year, but that Norv Turner would start to have a negative effect coming into this year.

I said as much here.

Valiant
10-22-2008, 06:38 PM

Well people did finally have to be correct about Buffalo finally.. Kind of like every year someone says Houston and Cinci will be good..

milkman
10-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Well people did finally have to be correct about Buffalo finally.. Kind of like every year someone says Houston and Cinci will be good..

And the Cards.

Don't forget about the Cards.