PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I love Tony Gonzalez

Mr. Flopnuts
10-19-2008, 03:04 PM
You know he's dissapointed. You know he hates the front office. But listening to him on the radio, the guy is 100% class. He cares about this team, and he cares about these guys. I hope he gets an opportunity to play for a winner next year. He has walked the walk. If anyone deserves the opportunity to win every week, (and I'm not sure anyone does) Tony is definitely the guy.

JuicesFlowing
10-19-2008, 03:07 PM
I know most people here wanted him to be traded, but I'd rather see him catching passes for the Chiefs. That's all. I'm a selfish Chiefs fan. i prefer good players to be on our team. I'd rather watch Tony G than a rookie 3rd rounder.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Played his ass off today, just like every game. Glad we didn't move him especially after what came out about what compensation the team would have recieved from GB>

Mr. Flopnuts
10-19-2008, 03:08 PM
I know most people here wanted him to be traded, but I'd rather see him catching passes for the Chiefs. That's all. I'm a selfish Chiefs fan. i prefer good players to be on our team. I'd rather watch Tony G than a rookie 3rd rounder.

I'm with you. I lit into Tony some when things went down last week. All that said though, he really showed me something today on the field, then again behind the mic. He's a professional in the true sense of the word.

Mecca
10-19-2008, 03:09 PM
It'd be nice if he played a valuable position.....Gonzalez had a good game and it didn't matter.

kysirsoze
10-19-2008, 03:15 PM
Played his ass off today, just like every game. Glad we didn't move him especially after what came out about what compensation the team would have recieved from GB>

I agree completely. A conditional third round pick? AND Tony has to play three years or our pick drops and he pays back money??? That's not an offer. Tony's still one of the best TE's in the league. I am suprised that the G-Men didn't try harder to make a move.

Mecca
10-19-2008, 03:17 PM
It's a team trying to protect itself on an old player....ah well Tony didn't wanna play for Buffalo, to bad they're gonna win 12 games.

beach tribe
10-19-2008, 03:19 PM
It'd be nice if he played a valuable position.....Gonzalez had a good game and it didn't matter.

Gonzalez has been as valuable as a WR in his career. As good as the best WR ever... no.

But as the best TE ever, he is as valuable as a top flight WR.

Mecca
10-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Gonzalez has been as valuable as a WR in his carreer. As good as the best WR ever... no.

But as the best TE ever, he is as valuable as a top flight WR.

Sure, but now his age kills that value, it's why Roy Williams is worth more.

Halfcan
10-19-2008, 03:47 PM

:clap:

Tony would and should have had several more if Hutard and Pigpen could throw a football accurately.

Halfcan
10-19-2008, 03:47 PM

ROFL

Mecca
10-19-2008, 03:48 PM
ROFL

You disagree with that, the Lions got a 1st round pick for him, if you asked a 1st for Tony you'd be laughed out of the room.

beach tribe
10-19-2008, 03:49 PM

Trade value.

Halfcan
10-19-2008, 03:53 PM
You disagree with that, the Lions got a 1st round pick for him, if you asked a 1st for Tony you'd be laughed out of the room.

Roy has a lot of years of putting up incredible stats before he can even hold Tony's jock.

Mecca
10-19-2008, 03:53 PM
We're talking about today..not what Tony Gonzalez did 5 years ago.

Spicy McHaggis
10-19-2008, 03:57 PM
I wish I were watching him with the Pack right now.

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Tony's a pro.

That's really the long and short of it. He's got too much pride to half-ass it.

The guy's gonna bust his ass to earn the money he's been paid... but more importantly, for self respect.

Halfcan
10-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Tony's a pro.

That's really the long and short of it. He's got too much pride to half-ass it.

The guy's gonna bust his ass to earn the money he's been paid... but more importantly, for self respect.

:clap: Excellent post-just excellent!!

Halfcan
10-19-2008, 04:00 PM
We're talking about today..not what Tony Gonzalez did 5 years ago.

Tony looked unstopable except by his own pos QB-what did Roy do today??

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 04:00 PM
:clap: Excellent post-just excellent!!And make no mistake. It's not KC, or the fans Tony G. has a problem with...

RNR
10-19-2008, 04:07 PM
I was very impressed by the cheers Tony got from the crowd today.

R&GHomer
10-19-2008, 04:08 PM
What an outstanding performance by TG today. Class through and through.

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 04:12 PM
I was very impressed by the cheers Tony got from the crowd today.We understand.

Gonzo's not the problem. Not even close.

Buehler445
10-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Dude, I love Gonzo. I still think he is the best TE ever. And worth more to THE CHIEFS (maybe not anyone else) than anything we would have gotten.

Stafford to Gonzo FTW!

Deberg_1990
10-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Here is why they tried to trade Tony G:

Because even if he plays well like today, the team still LOSES.

Hes a class act on the field all the way. But he deserves to get a legit shot at a ring someday.

ziggysocki
10-19-2008, 07:22 PM
At the stadium today the Chiefs gave us almost nothing to cheer for. TG's catch on 3rd and long was about it. Had Tony been traded, I don't know if I would want to go at all. Thank you Tony for being the kind of player you are.