PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Say goodbye to Brodie...

Hammock Parties
10-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Bye Brodie. :(

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9913/brodpj0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

SAUTO
10-19-2008, 03:11 PM
so whats the diagnosis?

cdcox
10-19-2008, 03:12 PM
We barley knew you.

Maybe he'll let us keep his wife.

MichaelH
Is that his hot wife behind the fat donut eater?

I shouldn't laugh, I'm on crutches as well. :(

Bob Dole
so whats the diagnosis?

Can only play in 20% of the games...

Hydrae
If his leg is screwed up, I volunteer to keep Kelli happy in the meantime! :p

KCUnited
10-19-2008, 03:13 PM
so whats the diagnosis?

elephantitis of the pussy.

beach tribe
Bye Brodie. I think you could have been something, if you were about 30 lbs thicker, and were a long way away from dick curl.

Hammock Parties
We barley knew you.

Maybe he'll let us keep his wife.

What makes a man?
Is it the woman in his arms?
Just 'cause she has big titties
Or is it the way
He fights everyday?
No, it's probably the titties

SAUTO
10-19-2008, 03:14 PM
elephantitis of the pussy.

i knew that just wondered about his knee

chiefs1111
10-19-2008, 03:18 PM
ok bye bye Brodie

Johnny Vegas
10-19-2008, 03:19 PM
he was drafted the wrong place wrong time. H&C buried him.

kysirsoze
10-19-2008, 03:20 PM
i knew that just wondered about his knee

MCL apparently. Out for the season regardless of what it is. They might as well have said out forever as far as I'm concerned. Tired of waiting around for potential to blossom. I guess that goes for the whole damn team.

cdcox
10-19-2008, 03:23 PM

Bad genetics more likely. It's not just size. His tendons and joints are not cut out for an NFL beating.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-19-2008, 03:27 PM
MCL apparently. Out for the season regardless of what it is. They might as well have said out forever as far as I'm concerned. Tired of waiting around for potential to blossom. I guess that goes for the whole damn team.

An MCL is only a six week injury. His knee is blown.

KCUnited
10-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Huard got hurt as well. Are we seriously down the Thigpen and whatshisface Martin?

GoTrav
10-19-2008, 03:28 PM

so ironic it's fucking funny

Johnny Vegas
10-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Bad genetics more likely. It's not just size. His tendons and joints are not cut out for an NFL beating.

could be. I feel bad for the guy. Nothing could feel worse than trying to build yourself up from already being at the bottom and then crash through what you thought you couldn't go any lower. Hope he figures out what he has to do now and just get healthy and turn the page.

Bwana
10-19-2008, 03:33 PM
See ya.......

teedubya
10-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Bye Crodie Brokie

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-19-2008, 03:36 PM
could be. I feel bad for the guy. Nothing could feel worse than trying to build yourself up from already being at the bottom and then crash through what you thought you couldn't go any lower. Hope he figures out what he has to do now and just get healthy and turn the page.

He needs to start selling insurance, that is if his body can take the strain of shuffling papers across a desk without tearing his labrum.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2008, 03:37 PM
He needs to start selling insurance, that is if his body can take the strain of shuffling papers across a desk without tearing his labrum.

He's gonna go work on his daddy's kiddie ranch....

Halfcan
10-19-2008, 03:40 PM
I predicted he would not make it through todays game-but didn't think his career would be over.

Skip Towne
10-19-2008, 03:41 PM

What he has to do now is: find a job.

Johnny Vegas
10-19-2008, 03:45 PM

then he could file for workmen's comp. His insurance rates have now quadrupled....

The Bad Guy
10-19-2008, 03:46 PM

His genes burried him.

Herm and Carl are responsible for just about everything, but Croyle's injury history isn't one of them.

chasedude
10-19-2008, 03:47 PM
I hope he's invested his past earnings well. I'm sure he'll buy some car dealership in Alabama somewhere now.

Johnny Vegas
10-19-2008, 03:47 PM
What he has to do now is: find a job.

jobS! he'll need a backup job if he gets hurt at his other job....:Dyea I'm going to hell in a hand basket.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-19-2008, 03:48 PM
I predicted he would not make it through todays game-but didn't think his career would be over.

I don't understand how anyone could be that fragile. I really have a hard time comprehending it.

The guy makes Chris Chandler look like a cross of Brett Favre and Jerry Quarry, sans bleeding.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-19-2008, 03:48 PM
He needs to start selling insurance, that is if his body can take the strain of shuffling papers across a desk without tearing his labia.

FYP

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 03:49 PM
The dude had big dreams of being a real NFL QB. His body just can't handle it.

He's not a pussy. And I don't blame him for anything.

If you want to insult someone, insult Peterson and Edwards for ever thinking he was "the guy" in the first place.

Deberg_1990
10-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Yes, but for one Glorious August night,

Claythan jizzed all over himself at the mere sight of Brodie throwing a pass....

Hammock Parties
10-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Yes, but for one Glorious August night,

Claythan jizzed all over himself at the mere sight of Brodie throwing a pass....

lol...good times

Brodie's career highlight! ROFL

Braincase
10-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Brodie Croyle Collectible's Now Available Through KCChiefs.com.

Johnny Vegas
10-19-2008, 03:55 PM
His genes burried him.

Herm and Carl are responsible for just about everything, but Croyle's injury history isn't one of them.

they should have never drafted him. He was a wrong fit from the beginning. The line can't hold anyone long enough for Croyle to throw the ball. A quicker reaction by the QB is all this line needs to look better. The line failed, which Carl took responsibility for, which ended up sealing the fate for Croyle.

Deberg_1990
10-19-2008, 03:57 PM

hahaha...Hilarious!

Ultra Peanut
10-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Well, it was appropriate. At least he didn't ever stay healthy long enough to offer a few glimpses of promise, like SlyMo did.

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Well, it was appropriate. At least he didn't ever stay healthy long enough to offer a few glimpses of promise, like SlyMo did.We kinda all knew this would happen, didn't we?

Halfcan
10-19-2008, 04:09 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Deberg_1990
10-19-2008, 04:11 PM
they should have never drafted him. He was a wrong fit from the beginning.

ehh

He was worth a 3rd. He did show flashes of talent.

Herm made a couple of bad mistakes.

1. He should have started Croyle last year from the beginning, then we would have known alot earlier that his body wouldnt hold up.

2. The Chiefs should have drafted another QB this year in the draft. Herm made a fatal mistake there.

Mecca
10-19-2008, 04:12 PM
ehh

He was worth a 3rd. He did show flashes of talent.

Herm made a couple of bad mistakes.

1. He should have started Croyle last year from the beginning, then we would have known alot earlier that his body wouldnt hold up.

2. The Chiefs should have drafted another QB this year in the draft. Herm made a fatal mistake there.

Oddly looking back all the players in that draft I liked were secondary guys so people probably wouldn't have liked what I'd have done either.

Deberg_1990
10-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Oddly looking back all the players in that draft I liked were secondary guys so people probably wouldn't have liked what I'd have done either.

Which draft? This years? 06? 07?

Mecca
10-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Which draft? This years? 06? 07?

The Croyle draft....06...

Deberg_1990
10-19-2008, 04:17 PM
The Croyle draft....06...

That draft was awful for QB's...

I still think the Chief should have made a strong play for Ryan.

But i heard that Herm was fearful that Ryan would have fallen when the Chiefs picked. He DID NOT want to make that decision. ROFL

Halfcan
10-19-2008, 04:18 PM
no QB will be any good behid a Swiss cheese line

Halfcan
10-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Did ANYONE on our line know that Haynesworth was playing today and already had 5 sacks from the DT position????????

kstater
10-19-2008, 04:19 PM
I don't see why he can't play next year. Wrap him in enough bubble wrap to make him look like the Michelin Man and he's good to go.

Deberg_1990
10-19-2008, 04:20 PM
That draft was awful for QB's...

I still think the Chief should have made a strong play for Ryan.

But i heard that Herm was fearful that Ryan would have fallen when the Chiefs picked. He DID NOT want to make that decision. ROFL

Or the Chiefs should have made a stronger play for Quinn last year when they knew Cleveland wanted him so bad.

Little Bigfoot
10-19-2008, 04:21 PM
The Herm mistakes just keep piling up. Anybody work with someone like this? Seems to have all the answers and always steps on the rake.

Mecca
10-19-2008, 04:22 PM
I remember when the Chiefs took Croyle I was begging for them to take Ko Simpson....the Bills took both Youboty and Simpson who I wanted us to take..figures.

Thig Lyfe
10-19-2008, 04:22 PM
so whats the diagnosis?

Rickets.

Deberg_1990
10-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Oh yea,

Trent Edwards was drafted after Tank and Turk. ROFL

xbarretx
What makes a man?
Is it the woman in his arms?
Just 'cause she has big titties
Or is it the way
He fights everyday?
No, it's probably the titties

ok Choda Boy! C0Ck ROCKET!!!!!!

Hammock Parties
Oh yea,

Trent Edwards was drafted after Tank and Turk. ROFL

Fuck, that stings.

We passed on a guy who is tearing it up for tweedle dee and tweedle dum of the d-line.

Halfcan
10-19-2008, 04:24 PM
How do we know Vonne Marie is a women-anyone seen a pic??

alanm
10-19-2008, 04:25 PM
I don't see why he can't play next year. Wrap him in enough bubble wrap to make him look like the Michelin Man and he's good to go.I've no doubt that he will be back next year but not as a starter. His replacement will be acquired via free agency and we will also draft a QB.

Halfcan
10-19-2008, 04:25 PM
****, that stings.

We passed on a guy who is tearing it up for tweedle dee and tweedle dum of the d-line.

drafting a Tank and Turk should have seemed dumb at the time-but I still don't think Herm has figured it out. :)

cdcox
10-19-2008, 04:27 PM
I remember when the Chiefs took Croyle I was begging for them to take Ko Simpson....the Bills took both Youboty and Simpson who I wanted us to take..figures.

They would be busts with the Chiefs, cause our coaching sucks.

Little Bigfoot
Let that be a lesson to ya, Herm. Don't bring in a green QB without bolstering the O-Line . Did we even bother to check out Faneca or Faine?

whoman69
Up until this point I had been a Brodie backer. I still don't even think he got a chance to work with any positive strategy or to play behind a line that would actually protect him. Its become clear now that he just can't stay on the field. To me that says that he possibly had the talent but didn't put in the work to ensure that he had a body that could endure a 16 game season.

That said. The QB we draft next year will be a wasted pick if he is put behind a non-existent offensive line built up of castoffs and nevergonnabes then we will again wait forever for the Chiefs to develop a young QB talent.

Deberg_1990
10-19-2008, 04:28 PM
IM not even sold on Dorsey yet. I know itsd early but dude seems invisible. He was sold as an IMPACT player.

Halfcan
10-19-2008, 04:29 PM
IM not even sold on Dorsey yet. I know itsd early but dude seems invisible. He was sold as an IMPACT player.

I think he has like 10 tackles-I wonder what that is dollar wise-lol

BigRock
Sad.

Red Dawg
Herm finally got what he wanted from this season. He now knows Brodie is not ever going to be the guy. Great kid full of talent but can't take it physically.

Mecca
10-19-2008, 04:30 PM

He is roughly 300lbs, the problem is he's going to take time he needs serious weight room work and development because right now he's undersized. Unless he is super super quick and explosiveness NFL interior lineman will just engulf him.

The Chiefs biggest issue is they have alot of undersized players that just get manhandled it happens to Hali all the time. It's probably why this team could play with Denver, their offensive front is one of the smallest in the league.

Coach
10-19-2008, 04:31 PM
He is roughly 300lbs, the problem is he's going to take time he needs serious weight room work and development because right now he's undersized. Unless he is super super quick and explosiveness NFL interior lineman will just engulf him.

The Chiefs biggest issue is they have alot of undersized players that just get manhandled it happens to Hali all the time. It's probably why this team could play with Denver, their offensive front is one of the smallest in the league.

I still think Dorsey is playing out of position.

Deberg_1990
10-19-2008, 04:31 PM
I think he has like 10 tackles-I wonder what that is dollar wise-lol

Ryan Sims had 3 sacks his first full year. ROFL

Little Bigfoot
10-19-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm reading these posts and it seems we pretty much suck from top to bottom. Well, thanks for the win.

Mecca
I still think Dorsey is playing out of position.

Well we have a dumbass Dline coach, Dorsey is small by NFL DT standards. We saw Haynesworth today he is significantly larger than Dorsey is.

Hammock Parties
Ryan Sims had 3 sacks his first full year. ROFL

Oh god, Carl Peterson follows up Sims with an even bigger bust! :cuss:

suds79
10-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Well we have a dumbass Dline coach, Dorsey is small by NFL DT standards. We saw Haynesworth today he is significantly larger than Dorsey is.

Exactly. That's why I've been b!tching so much about our DTs and their lack of size. But everybody and their mom says you need smaller, quicker pass rushing DTs for the cover 2 and look where it's gotten us.

When I look around the league, all the top DTs seem to be the 330 lb guys who just cannot be moved.

Mecca
10-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Exactly. That's why I've been b!tching so much about our DTs and their lack of size. But everybody and their mom says you need smaller, quicker pass rushing DTs for the cover 2 and look where it's gotten us.

When I look around the league, all the top DTs seem to be the 330 lb guys who just cannot be moved.

A cover 2 at it's heart will always be a defense that can be run on, the problem is the Chiefs don't have anything you need for a cover 2. You need LB's that can run sideline to sideline and make plays, safeties that cover a ton of ground and most of all DE's that create a hell of a pass rush.

Cover 2 with no pass rush from the front 4=death.

Personally I think the cover 2 is an outdated defense that doesn't work unless you have superior talent, Even Tampa doesn't really play Tampa 2 anymore.

Little Bigfoot
10-19-2008, 04:44 PM
A cover 2 at it's heart will always be a defense that can be run on, the problem is the Chiefs don't have anything you need for a cover 2. You need LB's that can run sideline to sideline and make plays, safeties that cover a ton of ground and most of all DE's that create a hell of a pass rush.

Personally I think the cover 2 is an outdated defense that doesn't work unless you have superior talent, Even Tampa doesn't really play Tampa 2 anymore.

Total agreement. These shmucks don't even know what they need to execute their chosen scheme. Yet another red flag of ineptitude.

Tits McGee
10-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Bye Brodie, thanks for nothing.

ChiefsLV
10-19-2008, 05:28 PM
I just hope this is the last time we have to say goodbye like this to a young Chiefs QB for a long, long, time.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2008, 05:33 PM
I just hope this is the last time we have to say goodbye like this to a young Chiefs QB for a long, long, time.

It is kind of sad, isn't it?

I really liked Brodie. He had a good heart and a good head.

GoTrav
10-19-2008, 05:39 PM

at least we know he invested his money and moved to somewhere tropical considering the tan

GoTrav
10-19-2008, 05:41 PM

minus the whole staying on the field and talent thing that the other 31 teams use to judge their QBs

KCKY-Fan4life
10-19-2008, 05:43 PM
What a joke. He has been hurt in more than half the games he has played in. We need to cut bait now and realize he will never be anything better than a backup(I knew this last YEAR). We need to make a trade for a good QB, try and get one via free aganecy or hope we can get a good one in the draft.

Braincase
10-19-2008, 05:44 PM
So now Brodie's career loss record is... (I would say win-loss record, but you've gotta have a win for one of those).

Tits McGee
10-19-2008, 05:46 PM

and a body made out of cheap glass...

gblowfish
10-19-2008, 05:48 PM
BTW: My seats are right above that tunnel. Kind of cool to see it from that angle.

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2008, 05:50 PM
In all likelihood, Brodie wrote his NFL obituary today.

The fact his playing weight hasn't increased over his three years speaks volumes about his commitment to playing in the NFL. Either that, or he's one of those guys who simply CAN'T gain weight....I gotta think he just doesn't have the motivation to put on the extra muscle he needed to survive in the NFL.

JMHO

GoTrav
10-19-2008, 05:50 PM
BTW: My seats are right above that tunnel. Kind of cool to see it from that angle.

what was your reaction? Did you offer words of encouragment as he walked off the field.......forever?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-19-2008, 05:51 PM

It's been outdated for years, especially with the new rules. Any defense with undersized DT's is going to be vulnerable to getting gashed by the run, and then hit over the top on the PAP.

Even with the current talent, this defense is best suited to play much closer to the style of D that we employed on Gunther's first go-around. I don't think Carr really has the talent to be a man corner in this league, but Flowers does. I don't know how good he is at jamming the man at the LOS, though.

Johnson and Pollard should be blitzing the hell out of the quarterback. They can be effective players when the scheme suits their talent (Pollard should be a Will backer).

Mecca
10-19-2008, 05:51 PM
what was your reaction? Did you offer words of encouragment as he walked off the field.......forever?

He dumped a beer on Brodies head.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2008, 05:53 PM
He dumped a beer on Brodies head.

So when are they reporting the concussion?

Hydrae
I am just curious about something. How do they know he is done for the year without an MRI or anything? Don't most teams wait until the player goes to the doctor on Monday before this kind of announcement is made?

gblowfish
what was your reaction? Did you offer words of encouragment as he walked off the field.......forever? There's two sets of stairs that go down to that tunnel The tunnel is right behind the Chief's Bench. My seats would be near the left set of stairs, he went down the others. I saw him go down, but the game was in progress, and he was surrounded by doctors. So no, I didn't say anything to him. I did ask Patrick Surtain for his game check today after the game was over. He declined.

Sure-Oz
10-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Brodie better get his resume ready, that said hopefully he has a good savings. I don't see a future for him in the NFL with any team.

King_Chief_Fan
10-19-2008, 06:03 PM
I am just curious about something. How do they know he is done for the year without an MRI or anything? Don't most teams wait until the player goes to the doctor on Monday before this kind of announcement is made?

Hermie said so in the presser..........I think this is the case regardless of any MRI etc. He is done one way or another.

OnTheWarpath15
10-19-2008, 06:10 PM

The fact his playing weight hasn't increased over his three years speaks volumes about his commitment to playing in the NFL. Either that, or he's one of those guys who simply CAN'T gain weight....I gotta think he just doesn't have the motivation to put on the extra muscle he needed to survive in the NFL.

JMHO

How would 10-15 pounds of extra muscle have helped him today?

He could weigh 225, and that weight wouldn't have saved him from a blown knee.

Chiefs_4_life
10-19-2008, 06:11 PM
hope his nfl career is not over

Mecca
10-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Brodie Croyle, the real life bubble boy.

Deberg_1990
10-19-2008, 06:14 PM

Why? Whats he ever proven? I feel for him, but its time for him to cut his losses and find a new line of work.

King_Chief_Fan
10-19-2008, 06:17 PM

not even hope can save that guy. I hope he got a good education and can amount to something else in life.

GoTrav
10-19-2008, 06:18 PM
So when are they reporting the concussion?

good one

Rain Man
10-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Sadly, it appears that we'll never see his wife jumping up and down and flashing her breasts in excitement after a Super Bowl win.

King_Chief_Fan
10-19-2008, 06:29 PM

It's not like we will miss him or anything

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 06:29 PM
I know I'm a softie...

But I still say it's not his fault.

The dude just doesn't have a body built for NFL football.

Blame Carl and Herm.

Sucks that it didn't work out for him.

sedated
10-19-2008, 06:32 PM
I've never seen them announce a player is out for the year during the same game he was injured, much less that same half. The first gimpy step he took after that injury was his first one out of town.

Maybe he can sell his house to Stafford.

triple
10-19-2008, 06:33 PM
I know I'm a softie...

Blame Carl and Herm.

the shoulder and other stuff i can see as him not being durable enough for the NFL.

the knee injury, well, we knew he'd already had some in his past, but it's hardly his fault. that play would have injured a lot of people.

GoTrav
10-19-2008, 06:34 PM
I know I'm a softie...

Blame Carl and Herm.

he probably shouldn't have declared himself for the draft then.

chiefs1111
10-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Did Brodie ever see the weight room when he was here??? I mean even once??????

dorseybowe
Should have hit the weights and quarter-pounders harder. Shame.

KcMizzou
he probably shouldn't have declared himself for the draft then.What, you wouldn't have if you were him?

GoTrav
10-19-2008, 06:36 PM
I've never seen them announce a player is out for the year during the same game he was injured, much less that same half. The first gimpy step he took after that injury was his first one out of town.

Maybe he can sell his house to Stafford.

me either, I thought that was strange and mentioned it in the game thread. It's usually...Monday after a MRI/Scan whatever. This is the first time I've seen it announced coming out of the half. Even Brady's injury looked worse than this. Croyle got blasted but Brady's injury had knee and out for the season written all over it. It still took them until Monday to report it?

Bob Dole
10-19-2008, 06:37 PM
the knee injury, well, we knew he'd already had some in his past, but it's hardly his fault. that play would have injured a lot of people.

A lot of people who are made of Chinese plastic, maybe.

GoTrav
10-19-2008, 06:38 PM
What, you wouldn't have if you were him?

I would have, but no reason to feel sorry for him since he throw his hat into the NFL arena and got broke 50% of his starts. I'm not crying for the guy, and I don't see why anyone else should either.

triple
he probably shouldn't have declared himself for the draft then.

damn him for signing a lucrative pro football contract... who would do that?

trying is for losers

Hammock Parties
I would have, but no reason to feel sorry for him since he throw his hat into the NFL arena and got broke 50% of his starts. I'm not crying for the guy, and I don't see why anyone else should either.

Because he was a good guy and represented hope for our franchise?

Reason enough. And tits.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2008, 06:39 PM
How would 10-15 pounds of extra muscle have helped him today?

He could weigh 225, and that weight wouldn't have saved him from a blown knee.

QFT.

The extra weight would have been a burden on his reconstructed knees.

It's a shame but it further illustrates the poor drafting policy of the Chiefs organization during the span of the past 25 years.

The Chiefs should have been spending a first day pick on a QB every other year since the advent of free agency.

I wish that Clark Hunt would sell this team. :grr:

GoTrav
10-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Because he was a good guy and represented hope for our franchise?

Reason enough. And tits.

tits yes, but I could care less about being a good guy.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2008, 06:40 PM
tits yes, but I could care less about being a good guy.

Most pro athletes are dicks.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2008, 06:41 PM

I have NOT found that to be true, whatsoever.

GoTrav
10-19-2008, 06:41 PM

I could care less, but can they play...should we fill the team with a bunch of Grigsby's since they are nice people?

Hammock Parties
10-19-2008, 06:42 PM
I could care less, but can they play...should we fill the team with a bunch of Grigsby's since they are nice people?

No, not at all.

I'm just saying it's sad that a great guy, with legit talent, flamed out. It's a cruel league.

GoTrav
10-19-2008, 06:44 PM
No, not at all.

I'm just saying it's sad that a great guy, with legit talent, flamed out. It's a cruel league.

Ya, they should get rid of the whole tackling thing....

Spott
10-19-2008, 06:45 PM

I don't know any pros, but I remember almost all of the guys on my high school's football team being a bunch of dickhead jocks.

ChiefsCountry
10-19-2008, 06:49 PM
I think he still has a future in the league but as a number 2 quarterback. He has the talent and who the hell knows what can happen, NFL has seen some crazy shit happen with backup quarterbacks. That being said we need to draft a QB #1 next year for sure.

Reerun_KC
10-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Later Brodie...

Sorry it didnt work out... You made some serious money from the Chiefs, Enjoy the cash, head back home and start you a nice business... Life is way to short to give your body to the Chiefs...

Besides, Herm doesnt care about you, why should you give a shit about his team?

Thanks and good luck in your future....

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 06:52 PM
I don't know any pros, but I remember almost all of the guys on my high school's football team being a bunch of dickhead jocks.Did you get stuffed in a locker at some point?

Jock /= Prick.

Seriously. I'm a huge geek... but the idea that people who are good at sports are stupid... is, well, stupid.

Spott
10-19-2008, 06:59 PM
Did you get stuffed in a locker at some point?

Jock /= Prick.

Seriously. I'm a huge geek... but the idea that people who are good at sports are stupid... is, well, stupid.

I never said they were stupid. Most of them at my high school(Lee's Summit) were a bunch of arrogant jerks. I suppose part of that is due to the fact that LS is kind of a snobby area anyways.

gblowfish
10-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Stills of the hit, I'll try to get a video clip:

Ultra Peanut
10-19-2008, 07:04 PM
hope his nfl career is not overwho give a fuck

gblowfish
10-19-2008, 07:05 PM
More stills:

gblowfish
10-19-2008, 07:06 PM
It was Brandon Albert that got beat. I always was afraid a rookie tackle would get Brodie killed, and it did.

keg in kc
10-19-2008, 07:09 PM
That's no 'torn labia' injury. I got high/lowed exactly like that in a basketball game in high school and it shredded my ACL.

I'm not sure it isn't (or wasn't) as much luck as it was genetics. Because I've never seen one person get this many 'wrong place, wrong time' kind of injuries. He was like the embodiment of murphy's law.

ChiefGator
10-19-2008, 07:09 PM
The dude had big dreams of being a real NFL QB. His body just can't handle it.

He's not a pussy. And I don't blame him for anything.

Yep... sad. I really do feel for the guy. Sucks.

OnTheWarpath15
10-19-2008, 07:20 PM
That's no 'torn labia' injury. I got high/lowed exactly like that in a basketball game in high school and it shredded my ACL.

I'm not sure it isn't (or wasn't) as much luck as it was genetics. Because I've never seen one person get this many 'wrong place, wrong time' kind of injuries. He was like the embodiment of murphy's law.

Exactly. The guy may be injury prone, but he's no pussy.

You only have to go one slot down the depth chart to find a pussy. Christ, Huard hits his hand on a helmet and has his hand wrapped up like he shattered every bone below his elbow.

It's bad luck, and genetics. Nothing more.

Ultra Peanut
10-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Seriously, that's three QBs for teams I root for sustaining long-term injuries this weekend. Fantastic.

Frankie
10-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Bye Brodie. I think you could have been something, if you were about 30 lbs thicker, and were a long way away from dick curl.

Correct on both counts.

TEX
10-19-2008, 07:54 PM
I'm proud to say that I hated the Croyle pick form the beginning. Now, can we finally flush his ass down the toilet along with Herm and Carl and all the other $hit and MOVE ON???

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2008, 07:54 PM
I think he still has a future in the league but as a number 2 quarterback. He has the talent and who the hell knows what can happen, NFL has seen some crazy shit happen with backup quarterbacks. That being said we need to draft a QB #1 next year for sure.

Rich Gannon II??

That's the best he can hope for, IMHO.

Not too bad; but not likely either.

TEX
10-19-2008, 07:57 PM

What makes you think he "still has a future" in the NFL? He has never shown anything except that he is injury prone.

stlchiefs
10-19-2008, 07:58 PM

JMHO

I've been saying the same thing (not on CP as I don't post often) since the offseason. When a guy gets 2 years to sit and bulk up and still looks like a high schooler there's an obvious lack of effort. I didn't expect him to be doing protein shake commercials with Brady Quinn but a little bulk would've been nice on that string bean frame of his. Too late now.

OnTheWarpath15
10-19-2008, 08:28 PM
For the eleventy-billionth time.

It's much more than a weight issue for Croyle.

Only one of his injuries in the NFL could possibly been prevented had he weighed 225 instead of 210, and that's the bruised kidney in the Oakland game last year - which I'll remind all of you that he went in and took a painkiller injection and finished the game.

Having extra weight wasn't going to keep his knee or shoulder intact on each respective play.

StcChief
10-19-2008, 08:35 PM
bye bye Brokie

10-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Don't let the door hit ya in the ass. I'm done.

Taco John
10-19-2008, 08:44 PM
This is why back when, I said that rather than starting him, they should put him on a two-year plan with a primary focus on building his frame and learning the offense behind Huard. I will never understand what the rush was to throw in a frail third round quarterback when you could have built him up, and put him in fully confident with the system and ready to take a hit.

That's on Herm.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Actually, he's as built as he's going to get, Taco.

Not that Herm has a clue about identifying OL talent.

Chiefnj2
10-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Some people are just lanky and don't have the ability to "bulk" up. It really wouldn't have mattered all that much with his injuries. He's going to be just about as brittle at 220 as he is at 210.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-19-2008, 08:49 PM
This is why back when, I said that rather than starting him, they should put him on a two-year plan with a primary focus on building his frame and learning the offense behind Huard. I will never understand what the rush was to throw in a frail third round quarterback when you could have built him up, and put him in fully confident with the system and ready to take a hit.

That's on Herm.

He's not a rookie. He's a third year player who has had since April of 2006 to get on an NFL strength and conditioning program (after previously being at an elite university with a great S&T program in college). He simply could not get up to 225 without serious amounts of vitamin S.

He had almost two years of service in before we started him. It's not like he's Flacco coming out of Delaware and starting from day one.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Some people are just lanky and don't have the ability to "bulk" up. It really wouldn't have mattered all that much with his injuries. He's going to be just about as brittle at 220 as he is at 210.

He's listed at 210. I guarantee he's not more than 195.

Buehler445
10-19-2008, 08:53 PM
For the eleventy-billionth time.

It's much more than a weight issue for Croyle.

Only one of his injuries in the NFL could possibly been prevented had he weighed 225 instead of 210, and that's the bruised kidney in the Oakland game last year - which I'll remind all of you that he went in and took a painkiller injection and finished the game.

Having extra weight wasn't going to keep his knee or shoulder intact on each respective play.

I'm with OTW.

I really did have hope that Brodie would pan out. I really did, and it is disappointing that he did not. I think I was pulling for him so hard not because he was a good guy (I think he was) or because he has one gawddayumned hot ass wife (he does), but because he was the one shot of turning this thing around in a hurry. Now we are stuck with Hutard and I'm not even gonna mention Thiggy. We either bring in a n00b and wait for him to develop, or go down the retread road again....FRIGGIN SWEET.

On the topic of rookie QBs, If Herm isn't fired, I don't know if I want one. All he is going to do is get into 3rd and longs because Herm will stick LJ in on running plays so they stack the line and take him out on pass plays so they can tee off. Plus, I don't think I want the future leader of the Chiefs to have any exposure to Squirmin Herman. Really, Brodie's knock was that he was a gunslinger and Herm turned him into a 1 yard pass machine. Not to mention that all of Herm's QBs get broken.

As much as all of you hate Brodie for being fragile, and even the dumbasses that wanted Huard to start because Brodie would throw too many INTs... :doh!: You have to admit, he was the only shot at turning this thing around quickly. And now he is gone. Personally, I hope he catches on as a backup for a decent team. He deserves as much for having to deal with Squirmin Herman Fucking Edwards.

Skip Towne
10-19-2008, 08:55 PM
So, will Kelli stay with him as he stocks shelves at the grocery store?

GoTrav
10-19-2008, 08:59 PM
So, will Kelli stay with him as he stocks shelves at the grocery store?

haha people care more about his fucking wife than they do Brokie

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 09:00 PM
So, will Kelli stay with him as he stocks shelves at the grocery store?If not, she can stay at my place.

I'll be a gentleman, honest.

GoTrav
10-19-2008, 09:04 PM
If not, she can stay at my place.

I'll be a gentleman, honest.

this whole thing is like a bad episode of 90210

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 09:06 PM
this whole thing is like a bad episode of 90210How so? I never watched the show...

Hammock Parties
10-19-2008, 09:06 PM
I came closer to nailing Kelli than any of you bums. I stood RIGHT next to her.

luv
10-19-2008, 09:07 PM
How so? I never watched the show...

Think soap opera targeted for young adults.

Frankie
10-19-2008, 09:07 PM

I think he will retire.

gblowfish
10-19-2008, 09:11 PM

I did a job for her about six months ago. She's a really nice person. You'd like her.

Bwana
10-19-2008, 09:11 PM

Yeah, you came REALLY close to plugging into that. :spock:

Hammock Parties
10-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah, you came REALLY close to plugging into that. :spock:

CLOSER THAN YOU!!!!

http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/woohoo.gif

Bwana
10-19-2008, 09:15 PM
CLOSER THAN YOU!!!!

http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/woohoo.gif

Um, no.

Frankie
10-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Personally I think the cover 2 is an outdated defense...

I agree with that.

Frankie
10-19-2008, 09:21 PM
Bye Brodie, thanks for nothing.

Not for lack of trying. Be gracious.

Frankie
10-19-2008, 09:30 PM
I wish that Clark Hunt would sell this team. :grr:

Be careful what you ask lest you may get it. The new buyer will probably move the club to LA.

Frankie
10-19-2008, 09:32 PM
I have NOT found that to be true, whatsoever.

Do not question Claythan on this. If anyone's an expert on dicks, it's him.

Tribal Warfare
10-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Be careful what you ask lest you may get it. The new buyer will probably move the club to LA.

That's good for Dane it's a closer proximity to where he lives.

Mecca
10-19-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm going to dress like Brodie Croyle for Halloween, I'm gonna get a big box and cut out holes for my head and arms, then I'm going to put caution tape on it and write in big letters "FRAGILE"

KCChiefsMan
10-19-2008, 10:18 PM
his wife should stay

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-19-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm going to dress like Brodie Croyle for Halloween, I'm gonna get a big box and cut out holes for my head and arms, then I'm going to put caution tape on it and write in big letters "FRAGILE"

Fra-gee-lay?

DeezNutz
10-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Fra-gee-lay?

Must be Italian.

Mecca
10-19-2008, 10:21 PM
Fra-gee-lay?

I'll get a plastic leg lamp to go with it!

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2008, 10:31 PM

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

HemiEd
10-19-2008, 10:38 PM
Brodie Croyle, the real life bubble boy.

Did you even watch the play? I am not sure anyone could have escaped that sandwich un-hurt.