PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs REPORT:LJ at risk for league suspension

Sure-Oz
10-19-2008, 05:14 PM
Report: Larry Johnson at risk of suspension?

Johnson
ESPN.com's Michael Smith reports that Larry Johnson is at risk of a league suspension after being involved in a physical altercation with a woman at a Kansas City nightclub.
If this sounds familiar, it is. This latest case happened during the Chiefs bye, but it's the second such incident for Johnson this year. He's had a few more during his career, which could force the NFL to react. It's unclear whether or not Johnson has been or will be charged in the incident. "It's just a matter of for how long," one source told Smith. The Chiefs say they know about the incident, and have handed the matter over to the league. Oct. 19 - 6:58 pm et
Source: ESPN.com

So he recently hit ANOTHER woman???! Is this the secret??!

dj56dt58
10-19-2008, 05:16 PM
I wish he'd put this much effort into hitting guys on the football field..you know, like blocking for your qb, or breaking a few tackles

DeezNutz
10-19-2008, 05:16 PM
I'm shocked. I was absolutely sure that it was nothing serious. :rolleyes:

FringeNC
10-19-2008, 05:17 PM
I think it's safe to assume LJ's career as a Chief is over.

headsnap
10-19-2008, 05:17 PM
He must have emptied a 40 on her turntable...

cdcox
10-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Screw him. He is basically Warren Wells.

booger
10-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Sources: Johnson faces potential suspension after latest incident
By Michael Smith
ESPN.com
(Archive)
Updated: October 19, 2008, 6:18 PM ET

Chiefs coach Herman Edwards benched Larry Johnson for Sunday's game against Tennessee for violating team rules. Now, Kansas City's star running back soon might incur additional punishment, this time from the NFL -- and for different reasons.

During the Chiefs' recent bye week, Johnson was involved in a physical altercation with a woman at a Kansas City nightclub, sources told ESPN -- the second such late-night incident he's found himself in this year. The incident is consistent with a pattern of off-field behavior that league sources expect will lead to a suspension for Johnson under the league's personal conduct policy.

It's unclear whether or not Johnson has been or will be charged in the incident.

"It's just a matter of for how long," one source said.

The Chiefs acknowledged Johnson's latest troubles.

"We are aware of the most recent incident involving Larry Johnson and we are very disappointed with his involvement," team president Carl Peterson said in a statement Sunday. "We will cooperate fully with the Kansas City authorities who are investigating the matter. We have also made the NFL office in New York aware of the incident and officials there are conducting their own independent investigation.

"Based upon the NFL Player Conduct Policy, we will have no further comment."

League spokesman Greg Aiello declined comment Sunday.

Johnson has been involved in at least three other incidents during his six-year NFL career; the bye week incident is his fourth -- not third, as reported last week -- and second of 2008. Each incident involved one or more of three common denominators: a female accuser, alcohol, and a nightclub. In the case of the past three, it's been all of the above.

Johnson already faces a December court date on a simple assault charge stemming from a Feb. 24 incident in Kansas City, news of which surfaced last week. A 26-year-old woman accused the 28-year-old Johnson of pushing her head with his open hand. If convicted Johnson could be sentenced to up to six months in jail and fined $500.

In 2003, Johnson was accused by a former girlfriend of brandishing a gun during an argument. He was charged with aggravated assault and misdemeanor domestic battery, but those charges were dropped the following year after Johnson agreed to enter a domestic violence diversion program.

Three years ago, a woman accused Johnson of pushing her to the floor after an argument. The woman later changed her story, decided not to press charges and missed three court hearings, leading to the dismissal of the charges.

Johnson has rushed for 417 yards and three touchdowns for the Chiefs, who lost to Tennessee to fall to 1-5. In August 2007, the club signed their 2003 first-round draft pick to a six-year, $45 million extension that included $19 million in guarantees.

Michael Smith covers the NFL for ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3652459

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Flush him along with Herm and Carl...

My favorite team is in dire need of a clean slate.

booger
10-19-2008, 05:22 PM
Carl, it seems that LJ is a "player at risk"

booger
10-19-2008, 05:23 PM
See how Carl spends your money Clark.

He sure is doing a good job, yes?

kcxiv
10-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Yeah, lets get rid of every veteran. 2-14 for the next 3 years. Awesome.

booger
10-19-2008, 05:24 PM
They should just suspend his arse for refusing to pass block as well.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Credit the Chiefs front office for keeping this stuff mum.

On second thought, IF WPI and its employees knew truth and didn't expose it, they're an even worse run organization than I previously thought.

chiefs1111
10-19-2008, 05:25 PM
sighs

Mr. Laz
10-19-2008, 05:26 PM
who gives a shit tbh

maybe we can get some money back if he screws up too much ... apparently he has no trade value anyway.

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Yeah, lets get rid of every veteran. 2-14 for the next 3 years. Awesome.Yeah, because LJ's exactly the kind of influence you want on all these young players.

I don't see anyone bitching about #88.

There's a huge difference.

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah, because LJ's exactly the kind of influence you want on all these young players.

I've always though that regardless of his dour personality, the Chiefs should hang onto to him because of his talent.

But now, I'd take a six pack of PBR and box of donuts for him.

He has to go.

booger
10-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Chief SlappaHo, i mean LJ will hold a players only meeting that them biotches had it coming.

Coach
10-19-2008, 05:30 PM
The way I see this going, the Chiefs may continue to deactivate him until the NFL steps in and gives him the 4 game suspension, where I'm sure LJ will appeal both the deactivation and the suspension, which will drag this thing out along.

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 05:31 PM
I've always though that regardless of his dour personality, the Chiefs should hang onto to him because of his talent.

But now, I'd take a six pack of PBR and box of donuts for him.

He has to go.Yeah... I was a big fan.

But for ****'s sake... I'm done.

:shake: :grr:

kcxiv
10-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Yeah, because LJ's exactly the kind of influence you want on all these young players.

I could give a shit about Larry. It just seems that all our vets on the team are going to be gone next year is all.

Phobia
10-19-2008, 05:36 PM

On second thought, IF WPI and its employees knew truth and didn't expose it, they're an even worse run organization than I previously thought.

Heh. They cover-up anything the Chiefs ask - legitimate news impacting the team.

the Talking Can
10-19-2008, 05:37 PM
lj has always been a pussy quitter

not even millions of dollars will make him block for his own damn team....

can't wait till we are rid of this worthless piece of crap

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2008, 05:37 PM
I could give a shit about Larry. It just seems that all our vets on the team are going to be gone next year is all.

As they should be.

Trade everyone worth a shit, hire a new GM and new head coach, draft a 1st round talent QB and get this franchise pointed in the right direction.

Of course with the Hunt family running things, it won't happen.

Mr. Laz
10-19-2008, 05:39 PM

you think WPI would risk getting the Chiefs mad at them by printing info the Chiefs didn't want them to?

goatboy was dying to tell but knew he'd get fired

KCKY-Fan4life
10-19-2008, 05:40 PM
this would KILL us. Man do we suck so much more with out him.

Sure-Oz
10-19-2008, 05:40 PM
I was a defender of LJ, but this is enough, get rid of him for whatever you can at this point. Man it keeps getting worse.

kstater
10-19-2008, 05:41 PM
this would KILL us. Man do we suck so much more with out him.

Right, LJ is the savior.

OnTheWarpath15
10-19-2008, 05:42 PM

What about Keitzman and 810?

Are they a shitty organization as well?

Christ, Keitzman hates the Chiefs, yet he has kept quiet.

Why is that?

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 05:49 PM
this would KILL us. Man do we suck so much more with out him.How could we possibly suck any more than we do right now?

Fuck him.

Just start over... clean slate.

Sure-Oz
10-19-2008, 05:53 PM
How could we possibly suck any more than we do right now?

**** him.

Just start over... clean slate.

Agreed, this isn't the priest and LJ show anymore...and LJ is a sack of shit. There are plenty of good, young, and fast RB's coming out, an example would be Chris Johnson. I want a guy like that.

Johnny Vegas
10-19-2008, 06:00 PM
keep him. He hasn't been charged or convicted of anything so he's okay in my book.

kstater
10-19-2008, 06:01 PM
keep him. He hasn't been charged or convicted of anything so he's okay in my book.

Uhhh, he was charged with assault for the February incident.

Johnny Vegas
10-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Uhhh, he was charged with assault for the February incident.

convicted?

kstater
10-19-2008, 06:05 PM
convicted?

Your post stated he hadn't been charged or convicted, which was false.

FloridaMan88
10-19-2008, 06:06 PM
This is great news... no LJ pushes the Chiefs further towards a 1-15 season

Sure-Oz
10-19-2008, 06:06 PM
convicted?

LJ sucks and doesn't do anything for the team but bitch and moan. The guy is slow as fuck as well, i'd rather wash our hands clean of him. Diaper boy can fuck himself or drown himself in cristal.

Johnny Vegas
10-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Your post stated he hadn't been charged or convicted, which was false.

sorry but charges don't mean shit. Until one is convicted the charges hold.

Johnny Vegas
10-19-2008, 06:07 PM
LJ sucks and doesn't do anything for the team but bitch and moan. The guy is slow as **** as well, i'd rather wash our hands clean of him. Diaper boy can **** himself or drown himself in cristal.

you bitch he bitches whats the difference. He probably says the same shit you bitch about.

Sure-Oz
10-19-2008, 06:08 PM
you bitch he bitches whats the difference. He probably says the same shit you bitch about.
I don't get paid millions to fuck around do i? He is a waste for the chiefs, period.

Reerun_KC
10-19-2008, 06:08 PM
As they should be.

Trade everyone worth a shit, hire a new GM and new head coach, draft a 1st round talent QB and get this franchise pointed in the right direction.

Of course with the Hunt family running things, it won't happen.

I agree 100%

But cant believe you would turn on Herm... If you leave, who will KCJohnny and Zouk have left to help defend him?

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 06:10 PM
you bitch he bitches whats the difference. He probably says the same shit you bitch about.And the award for most bitches in a bitchy post goes to....

badmajama :clap:

TN_Chief
10-19-2008, 06:11 PM
sorry but charges don't mean shit. Until one is convicted the charges hold.I don't believe "Pacman" Jones has been convicted of anything either. But at some point (like now) a guy is clearly such a douchebag that he needs to go.

The whole "he's never been charged/convicted" thing is utter bullshit and doesn't hold water anywhere. If you were arrested 4 times for assault and your boss found out I guarantee he'd find a way to fire you.

Johnny Vegas
10-19-2008, 06:11 PM
I don't get paid millions to **** around do i? He is a waste for the chiefs, period.

you don't have to get paid millions to **** around. You do already.

kstater
10-19-2008, 06:12 PM

That doesn't make any sense.

Johnny Vegas
10-19-2008, 06:12 PM
And the award for most bitches in a bitchy post goes to....

badmajama :clap:

did your 4 year old help you with that post?:clap:

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 06:13 PM
That doesn't make any sense.But it's funny...

Reerun_KC
10-19-2008, 06:13 PM
So do we have to pay money for this? Will WPI now release that coveted info and will GoChiefs will still lick Carls sweaty balls?

Johnny Vegas
10-19-2008, 06:14 PM
That doesn't make any sense.

think back to office space movie. When asked what would you do if you had a million dollars.

"I would do nothing"

"you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, look at my brother he's broke and don't do shit."

DaWolf
10-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Report: Larry Johnson at risk of suspension?

Good...

Johnny Vegas
10-19-2008, 06:21 PM
I don't believe "Pacman" Jones has been convicted of anything either. But at some point (like now) a guy is clearly such a douchebag that he needs to go.

The whole "he's never been charged/convicted" thing is utter bullshit and doesn't hold water anywhere. If you were arrested 4 times for assault and your boss found out I guarantee he'd find a way to fire you.

pacman is involved in a shooting at a strip club that left a person paralyzed. TWO completely different situations and LJ's charge didn't leave the ho paralyzed. In fact police were unable to prove any of her story, but still have to follow through with the charge.

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 06:25 PM
Heh... some n00b sticking up for LJ.

Look man, I was a fan of his for a very long time. He's always been a cranky bastard, but he ran like Jim Brown. I didn't really like him so much as a person, but as a player, he kicked ass.

The sad fact is... he's continued being a giant throbbing vagina without producing on the field.

Look at his team mate. Tony Gonzalez. He wanted out. It didn't work out his way.

But you know what? He went out there and played his ass off anyway. Because that's what a pro does.

It's not about money, it's about self respect.

Gonzo has too much pride in himself to give anything other than a full effort.

LJ? Not so fucking much...

kstater
10-19-2008, 06:27 PM
pacman is involved in a shooting at a strip club that left a person paralyzed. TWO completely different situations and LJ's charge didn't leave the ho paralyzed. In fact police were unable to prove any of her story, but still have to follow through with the charge.

Well that's all I need to know about this poster.

KCFalcon59
10-19-2008, 06:28 PM
LJ just needs to attempt to run over some kids and he can be our Lawrence Phillips.

luv
10-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Well that's all I need to know about this poster.

"Bitch" is much more socially acceptable.

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Heh... some n00b sticking up for LJ.

Look man, I was a fan of his for a very long time. He's always been a cranky bastard, but he ran like Jim Brown. I didn't really like him so much as a person, but as a player, he kicked ass.

The sad fact is... he's continued being a giant throbbing vagina without producing on the field.

Look at his team mate. Tony Gonzalez. He wanted out. It didn't work out his way.

But you know what? He went out there and played his ass off anyway. Because that's what a pro does.

It's not about money, it's about self respect.

Gonzo has too much pride in himself to give anything other than a full effort.

LJ? Not so ****ing much...

That pretty much sums it up.

:thumb:

Bob Dole
10-19-2008, 06:31 PM
If LJ is suspended, the team will really miss his 2 yards of offense.

*and the case of Patron he buys every week...

WilliamTheIrish
10-19-2008, 06:35 PM
This report is wrong. It's MUCH more serious. I have been told as much. But I can't tell you. Because that's premium. And it compromise our seat in the Press Bo... I mean can't we betray our source.
But it's serious. Very serious. Very,very serious. Please. Don't ask about it any more.

Mr. Kotter
10-19-2008, 06:35 PM
If LJ is suspended, the team will really miss his 2 yards of offense.

*and the case of Patron he buys every week...

LJ's a Tequila fan? :spock:

I'd had him pegged more as a Boone's Farm or Ripple kinda guy..... :hmmm:

Bwana
10-19-2008, 06:38 PM
LJ is a thug, a punk bitch and a team cancer with no heart. Clark needs to grow a bigger set and kick him to the curb. The only problem I see with that is, I'm not sure Clark even has a pair.

kcpasco
10-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Breaking News

LJ is a punk

Hammock Parties
10-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Breaking News

LJ is a punk

It's much worse.

SBK
10-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Profootballtalk is saying he spit in some lady's face. Class act.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/19/lj-allegedly-spit-in-womans-face/

Bob Dole
10-19-2008, 06:43 PM
LJ's a Tequila fan? :spock:

I'd had him pegged more as a Boone's Farm or Ripple kinda guy..... :hmmm:

There are only about 30 photos on the intarwebs of a shitfaced LJ holding a bottle of Patron...

cdcox
10-19-2008, 06:44 PM
It's much worse.

spill

kcpasco
10-19-2008, 06:45 PM
why didn't we trade that bastage when we had the chance.
Damnit Carl

Reerun_KC
10-19-2008, 06:45 PM
It's much worse.

Thankfully the national media will cover the story, then WPI and its cronies will come out and say they knew all along and most likely cut and past the national story, add a few gramatical errors, then suck each other off about it...

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 06:47 PM
Thankfully the national media will cover the story, then WPI and its cronies will come out and say they knew all along and most likely cut and past the national story, add a few gramatical errors, then suck each other off about it...Heh...

This round of BJ's is on Claythan!

Reerun_KC
10-19-2008, 06:49 PM
ROFLHeh...

This round of BJ's is on Claythan!

Hammock Parties
10-19-2008, 06:49 PM
We'll just whack each other off...and I'll bail!

Sure-Oz
10-19-2008, 06:50 PM

Keep defending him, while he wastes a roster spot with his mouth. Are you related to LJ, let me guess you're clinton portis?

SBK
10-19-2008, 06:52 PM
I think we should talk to the commanders of Germ Warfare and have Clayton put in the brig.

He supposedly has a great opportunity to make the front office look very, very bad but instead brags like a 6th grade girl of knowing a secret.

OnTheWarpath15
10-19-2008, 06:54 PM
I think we should talk to the commanders of Germ Warfare and have Clayton put in the brig.

He supposedly has a great opportunity to make the front office look very, very bad but instead brags like a 6th grade girl of knowing a secret.

What could Clayton say that would make the FO look bad?

LJ fucked up, not them.

The ESPN report from Smith said that the FO was proactive and sent the information to the league - how is that a poor reflection of the FO?

They can't babysit these guy 24/7.

TN_Chief
10-19-2008, 06:58 PM
pacman is involved in a shooting at a strip club that left a person paralyzed. TWO completely different situations... Wait just a second. You're the one that did the whole "LJ hasn't been charged/convicted of anything" bit. You said that without a conviction it's all nothing. Now you're saying that Pacman is a different deal.

Dude...get your story straight.

Johnny Vegas
10-19-2008, 06:58 PM
"Bitch" is much more socially acceptable.

and you're a cock sucker so we're even.

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 07:00 PM
I like Clay.

But in all honesty... calling him a sports "journalist" is like slapping a goofy hat on my 11 year old... handing him a magnifying glass... and calling him Sherlock fucking Holmes.

I'm sorry, Clay... but it's true.

triple
10-19-2008, 07:01 PM

LJ ****ed up, not them.

The ESPN report from Smith said that the FO was proactive and sent the information to the league - how is that a poor reflection of the FO?

because if they are the outlet that lets this slip, the Chiefs will shut them down and start treating them like 810.

Johnny Vegas
10-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Wait just a second. You're the one that did the whole "LJ hasn't been charged/convicted of anything" bit. You said that without a conviction it's all nothing. Now you're saying that Pacman is a different deal.

Dude...get your story straight.

you're creating more spin. I was simply replying to your post how you compare LJ to the pacman incident. It is what it is.

OnTheWarpath15
10-19-2008, 07:02 PM
because if they are the outlet that lets this slip, the Chiefs will shut them down and start treating them like 810.

:spock:

How does that answer my question?

SBK
10-19-2008, 07:02 PM

LJ ****ed up, not them.

Nevermind, I'll let you and Claythan carry Nick's water.

HemiEd
10-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Dick Vermeil should have never taken the diapers off.

OnTheWarpath15
10-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Nevermind, I'll let you and Claythan carry Nick's water.

Great job avoiding the question.

It amazes me that everyone here keeps saying that Clayton doesn't know shit, yet keeps bellyaching about him not spilling the beans.

triple
10-19-2008, 07:06 PM
:spock:

How does that answer my question?

you said what could he say to make the FO look bad.

he claims they are burying something about why LJ's issues are much worse than the general public knows.

if they were the people that exposed something deeply embarrassing to the team then the team will retaliate. we know Carl Peterson as well as they do. they are afraid. Carl is the neighborhood bully and they are the sniveling nerd hiding in the trash can when they see him coming.

SBK
10-19-2008, 07:10 PM

It amazes me that everyone here keeps saying that Clayton doesn't know shit, yet keeps bellyaching about him not spilling the beans.

Breaking stories is what the media does to get credibility and recognition.

By cuddling up with Carl they get neither in everyone's eyes but yours.

Skip Towne
10-19-2008, 07:10 PM

Why would anyone tell Claythan anything? He is as far down the pecking order as he could possibly be.

OnTheWarpath15
10-19-2008, 07:12 PM
you said what could he say to make the FO look bad.

he claims they are burying something about why LJ's issues are much worse than the general public knows.

if they were the people that exposed something deeply embarrassing to the team then the team will retaliate. we know Carl Peterson as well as they do. they are afraid. Carl is the neighborhood bully and they are the sniveling nerd hiding in the trash can when they see him coming.

The team isn't burying anything, and Clayton has never said that. He's simply said that he knows what happened, and is not allowed to say. Are you pissed at Keitzman as well? He spent an hour on the air about this disgracful act of LJ's that warranted a 4 game suspension - yet no one is up his ass like they are Clayton's.

Again, according to Michael Smith, the team was PROACTIVE and sent the information regarding this incident over the bye week to the league to review.

The Chiefs aren't talking because frankly, they don't have to.

The League isn't talking because they haven't investigated yet.

What LJ did isn't embarrassing to the team, it's embarrassing to LJ.

OnTheWarpath15
10-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Breaking stories is what the media does to get credibility and recognition.

By cuddling up with Carl they get neither in everyone's eyes but yours.

Then why didn't Keitzman tell what he knew?

He already has a shitty relationship with the FO - he has nothing to lose by telling, yet he's not. He could be sticking it to Carl by spilling the beans.

Yet he's not.

Why is that?

KcMizzou
10-19-2008, 07:15 PM
What LJ did isn't embarrassing to the team, it's embarrassing to LJ.Sadly enough, I doubt it is...

luv
10-19-2008, 07:15 PM
and you're a cock sucker so we're even.

Yes, but I've heard you're better at it than I am.

TN_Chief
10-19-2008, 07:24 PM

pacman is involved in a shooting at a strip club that left a person paralyzed. TWO completely different situations...

you're creating more spin. I was simply replying to your post how you compare LJ to the pacman incident. It is what it is.

So, I'm doing what? Besides making you look foolish I mean...

WilliamTheIrish
10-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Why would anyone tell Claythan anything? He is as far down the pecking order as he could possibly be.

Rufus needs an outlet.

DeezNutz
10-19-2008, 07:31 PM
What about Keitzman and 810?

Are they a shitty organization as well?

Christ, Keitzman hates the Chiefs, yet he has kept quiet.

Why is that?

I have no idea if this is accurate, but KK said he couldn't say because he could get into legal trouble. Not sure if this is true...

Reporters have to be careful with this kind of stuff, however. Thus all the required "allegedly" comments that we often hear on the news.

OnTheWarpath15
10-19-2008, 07:33 PM
I have no idea if this is accurate, but KK said he couldn't say because he could get into legal trouble. Who knows...Reporters have to be careful with this kind of stuff, however. Thus all the required "allegedly" comments.

Thank you for brining some common fucking sense to the thread.

Johnny Vegas
10-19-2008, 07:34 PM
So, I'm doing what? Besides making you look foolish I mean...

**** man. you win. I have no idea what you tried to prove there because I'm not dumb enough to understand. I'll move on.

CrazyPhuD
10-19-2008, 07:37 PM
I guess LJ finally realized that the only people he can knock down are women. Because he sure as hell isn't knocking down the men on the field.

TN_Chief
10-19-2008, 07:41 PM
**** man. you win. I have no idea what you tried to prove there, but I'm not dumb enough to understand. I'll move on.Since you're clearly retarded I'll slow this way down for you:

1. People said that LJ should be cut/traded due to the repeated off-field issues he's had.
2. You stated that he'd not been charged or convicted of anything, so he (LJ) is fine in your book (LJ may have been charged at one/some point).
3. I pointed out that Pacman Jones has also not been charged or convicted (again, Pacman may have been charged somewhere along the line but not convicted) of anything, and that at some point you just had to cut loose the guys that can't stay out of trouble.
4. You attempted to claim that Pacman is a different situation even though neither has been convicted of anything and both have been involved in assault-type situations.
5. I called you out on your BS attempt to have it both ways.
6. You attempted to backpedal like Pacman.
7. I provided direct quotes from you to illustrate your stupidity/duplicity.

There...that should about catch you up.

Johnny Vegas
10-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Since you're clearly retarded I'll slow this way down for you:

1. People said that LJ should be cut/traded due to the repeated off-field issues he's had.
2. You stated that he'd not been charged or convicted of anything, so he (LJ) is fine in your book (LJ may have been charged at one/some point).
3. I pointed out that Pacman Jones has also not been charged or convicted (again, Pacman may have been charged somewhere along the line but not convicted) of anything, and that at some point you just had to cut loose the guys that can't stay out of trouble.
4. You attempted to claim that Pacman is a different situation even though neither has been convicted of anything and both have been involved in assault-type situations.
5. I called you out on your BS attempt to have it both ways.
6. You attempted to backpedal like Pacman.
7. I provided direct quotes from you to illustrate your stupidity/duplicity.

There...that should about catch you up.

I still like ya because you're a Chiefs fan.:D

TN_Chief
10-19-2008, 07:57 PM
I still like ya because you're a Chiefs fan.:DFor how much longer I don't know..

I want to rant and rave and say I'm going to go be a fan of some other team...but if I did I'd know it's a lie. I'm a Chiefs fan, period. I just want Carl and Herm thrown off the rim of Arrowhead.

10-19-2008, 07:58 PM
release his ass.

Dylan
10-19-2008, 08:52 PM
The bigger question is why was a communications outlet calling LJ out?

Whenever you hear someone say, "they can't" or "they're not allowed," you are listening to a communications outlet.

Who's mostly responsible for releasing the information?

It seems, the front office kept releasing a back story that conflicted with the main story. National papers of record and small newspapers do not do stories on a single source. However, the Chiefs wanted to get the word out. And they did by creating confusion. Here's how it works. The media will do a story if a rumor becomes persistant.

Here's a few excerpts:

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Johnson attended practice on Thursday. His status for Sunday is unknown. Coach Herm Edwards is expected to address the situation after practice.

Coach Herm Edwards refused to specify what team rules the two-time Pro Bowler broke. ...

It's official. Larry won't play this week per Herm Edwards for violating team rules. This "suspension" is coming from the Chiefs and not the league.

It went on and on and on until it caught the attention of the league.

The media reported this week that the Chiefs were trying to trade LJ. So what better time to test the Chiefs' rb than now?

ESPN
Kolby Smith, who had 407 yards on 112 carries last year when Johnson missed the last eight games with a foot injury, will probably start. Also certain to see plenty of action will be rookie Jamaal Charles, a third-round pick out of Texas who has carried 21 times for 98 yards.

"Now this gives other players a great opportunity to play," Edwards said. "More than they probably anticipated they were going to play. Jamaal hasn't played a whole lot in first-down situations. He's another guy we've drafted and we like."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3647097

J/M/O

Skip Towne
10-19-2008, 09:34 PM
I like Clay.

But in all honesty... calling him a sports "journalist" is like slapping a goofy hat on my 11 year old... handing him a magnifying glass... and calling him Sherlock fucking Holmes.

I'm sorry, Clay... but it's true.

Hahahahaha So true.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2008, 09:35 PM
That's OK. I've never claimed to be a journalist. Labels are for the birds, anyway.

Boon
10-19-2008, 09:50 PM
I wonder what the repercussions will be against ESPN for reporting this?
Unless of course they were "allowed/permitted" to report it.

Coach
10-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Jack Harry saying that LJ assualted another woman at a night club this past weekend, which Carl confirmed it.

NFL is investigating the alleged assualt.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Bye Larry. Nice knowing you.

DeezNutz
10-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Could this have any positive cap ramifications? Or is this just adding insult to injury for a stupid re-signing?

SoCalBronco
10-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Bye Larry. Nice knowing you.

I'm glad you finally came to grips with this. I have been telling you for years that LJ was a horrible human being, Clayton, and your response has consisted of putting your fingers in your ears and saying "blahblahblahblahblah".

Hammock Parties
10-19-2008, 10:10 PM
I'm glad you finally came to grips with this. I have been telling you for years that LJ was a horrible human being, Clayton and your response has consisted of putting your fingers in your ears and saying "blahblahblahblahblah".

It's sad. Very sad. I am sad. Heartbroken, really. Larry could have had it all and he pissed it away.

kcpasco
10-19-2008, 10:15 PM
Will LJ get the Sean Alexander treatment when his career is finally over here in KC?

Hammock Parties
10-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Will LJ get the Sean Alexander treatment when his career is finally over here in KC?

Nope, because he's not broken down. He's gonna go someplace with a killer offensive line and put up another 5K before he's done.

SBK
10-19-2008, 10:16 PM
How much of his bonus can we get back? LMAO

SoCalBronco
10-19-2008, 10:18 PM
It's sad. Very sad. I am sad. Heartbroken, really. Larry could have had it all and he pissed it away.

I actually do feel bad for you because you liked that kid more than anyone else liked him and you are a pretty hard core Chiefs fan. This too shall pass. The NFL is a rollercoaster. At some point its going to have to go up.

Keep your head up, Clayton.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2008, 10:21 PM
I actually do feel bad for you because you liked that kid more than anyone else liked him and you are a pretty hard core Chiefs fan. This too shall pass. The NFL is a rollercoaster. At some point its going to have to go up.

Keep your head up, Clayton.

I will always remember the good times. It was like Camelot.

http://i33.tinypic.com/vo02rn.gif

dirk digler
10-19-2008, 10:30 PM
Pro Football Talk (yeah I know) is reporting that LJ allegedly spat in a woman's face

Dylan
10-19-2008, 11:50 PM
I wonder what the repercussions will be against ESPN for reporting this?
Unless of course they were "allowed/permitted" to report it.

Let me begin by saying, ESPN is working hard to instill credibility and trust to its news programing. Sports Illustrated is ahead of ESPN leaps and bounds in print and online. Currently ESPN has to decide if Sports Center should be hosted by entertainers or journalists -- The entertainers can still express their personalities in another ESPN entity away from the news center.

In 2007, ESPN hired Ombudsman Le Anne Schreiber, former sports editor from The New York Times to critically analyze ESPN's news division. Schreiber said it best when she wrote:

"I will be a strong advocate for placing firewalls between sports news and the many pressures to distort or dilute the news -- if only so that we can remember what news is. Blurry news serves the sports fan about as well as blurry telecasting."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=schreiber_leanne&id=2826351

Here's her updated work for ESPN. She's a hard hitter:

http://search.espn.go.com/results?searchString=le%20anne%20schreiber&start=15&dims=4294799085

Le Anne is in the second year of a two year tenure.

Dylan
10-20-2008, 12:13 AM
Here's what Le Anne Schreiber had to say about Tony Kornheiser:

"And I will add that my one significant overlap with present-day ESPN arises from those days, when it was both my pleasure and my grief to be the young Tony Kornheiser's boss at The New York Times. Why grief? Because The Times kept pressuring me to make Tony more Timesian, and Tony kept pressuring me to make the Times more Tonian. My failure in both directions led to the parting of Tony and The Times, which was no doubt for the best of both those institutions."

http://search.espn.go.com/le-anne-schreiber/archive/4294799085

This past year ESPN, Sports Illustrated and Yahoo Sports are selectively hiring away newspapers top talent. ESPN is offering sports columnists and journalists up $350,00 a year to come aboard.

KCrockaholic
10-20-2008, 12:24 AM
wait? so LJ was in trouble AGAIN? for nearly the same reason? he did this during the bye week, and in february, correct?

KCrockaholic
10-20-2008, 12:27 AM
I will always remember the good times. It was like Camelot.

http://i33.tinypic.com/vo02rn.gif

its ok, you'll have a new man crush in a year or two..i always do, for some reason i always have man crushes on rookies...like last year it was Adrian Peterson. This year i really like Matt Ryan.

editors note: Not gay :)

Swazey
10-20-2008, 12:28 AM
wait? so LJ was in trouble AGAIN? for nearly the same reason? he did this during the bye week, and in february, correct?

Yup. Dude's in a drunkin' rut.... Yet another setback...

KCrockaholic
10-20-2008, 12:39 AM
LJ should just switch to porn..he seems to care more about his hoes than football

Iowanian
10-20-2008, 07:30 AM
I'm sure glad the Chiefs gave that turd a fat new contract.....

Sure-Oz
10-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Lj incident report...according to 810 just based off the min i heard it

oct 10th 2:15am

LMAO LJ threatened to kill the chicks BF, since he couldn't **** her up and spit his drink on her and then LJ's bodyguards tackled her and club blond's body guards escorted her out. Apparently knows the woman and has started shit with her before. Also this might be the same woman as incident #2.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-20-2008, 02:22 PM

LMAO LJ threatened to kill the chicks BF, since he couldn't **** her up and spit his drink on her and then LJ's bodyguards tackled her and club blond's body guards escorted her out. Apparently knows the woman and has started shit with her before. Also this might be the same woman as incident #2.

Wait, he spit his drink on her and she got tackled and thrown out?

Jesus.

StcChief
10-20-2008, 02:23 PM
who gives a shit tbh

maybe we can get some money back if he screws up too much ... apparently he has no trade value anyway.working he way west to Faiders.

Sure-Oz
10-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Wait, he spit his drink on her and she got tackled and thrown out?

Jesus.

Yeah, and apparently the club apologized to her later. She gave this report 4 days after it happend.

Sure-Oz
10-20-2008, 02:25 PM
It was frank boal that called in on 810 and it probably will be reported over and over in the next few hours.

4th and Long
10-20-2008, 02:29 PM

Incident report - http://www.kmbc.com/download/2008/1020/17763787.pdf

Police Report - http://www.kmbc.com/download/2008/1020/17763656.pdf

Bill Lundberg
10-20-2008, 02:29 PM
Do you suppose it's possible that the Chiefs were smart enough to have a clause in his contract allowing them to recoup some of his bonus if charged with misconduct?

Sure-Oz
10-20-2008, 02:30 PM

Excellent!

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-20-2008, 02:33 PM

Jesus Fucking Christ.

Sure-Oz
10-20-2008, 02:35 PM
Jesus ****ing Christ.

Trade him to the Bengals, i'm sure they could use more dipshits

4th and Long
10-20-2008, 02:36 PM
Jesus ****ing Christ.
That pretty much sums it up.

If Carl and/or Clark don't stick a fork in this turd, hopefully the NFL will.

Goodbye Larry. Get your Johnson the hell off my football team.

Say what you want about the money or the nachos but, God damn, I miss Priest.

WilliamTheIrish
10-20-2008, 03:02 PM
That's it? That's the big secret? Hell there were probably 300 incidents like that over that weekend.

munkey
10-20-2008, 03:35 PM
HMMMMMM.....

And WHO didn't want to draft him?...Can you guess?

Interesting indeed...

munkey
10-20-2008, 03:36 PM
i think he needed diapers right?...

maybe just hand cuffs...

Easy 6
10-20-2008, 03:38 PM
This guy needs to be a team leader & yet he's part of the problem.

Until he's gone, this team wont go anywhere...i'd rather take my chances with Kolby & Jamaal.

WilliamTheIrish
10-20-2008, 03:39 PM

That's premium content. !!!!!!!!!111

Rooster
10-20-2008, 03:55 PM
That's premium content. !!!!!!!!!111

ROFL and it was free!

StcChief
10-20-2008, 03:58 PM
This guy needs to be a team leader & yet he's part of the problem.

Until he's gone, this team wont go anywhere...i'd rather take my chances with Kolby & Jamaal.yep. recoup the costs of LJ some other way.

Easy 6
10-20-2008, 04:03 PM
yep. recoup the costs of LJ some other way.

Sure, we'll lose a lot of $...but we'll also lose a mental weak link who absolutely cant be doing anything good in the lockerroom, setting bad examples yon & hither.

rockymtnchief
10-20-2008, 04:17 PM
(scroll down)
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8694746/Sunday-Scoops:-Is-Favre-guilty-of-insider-trading?
Holding up the team plane, refusing to leave the field, assault charges? The guy has lost my respect. Put the diaper back on until he grows up some more.

Sure-Oz
10-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Once a POS, always a POS

Fuck you LJ!

Rausch
10-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Jesus ****ing Christ.

If true, pathetic. Fucking pathetic...

MahiMike
10-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Can we now see why you never give guaranteed money? Each year has to have stipulations and incentives. (Many of) These guys have nothing more than high school mentality.

MahiMike
10-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Sure, we'll lose a lot of $...but we'll also lose a mental weak link who absolutely cant be doing anything good in the lockerroom, setting bad examples yon & hither.

Isn't there something in the NFL bylaws that let's you get out of their contracts for this stuff? Hell, Al Davis isn't even paying his coach and I don't think he was packing heat!