PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hi, I'm Clark Hunt and this is my plan. Long.

jaa1025
10-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Obviously I'm not, but I'm going to play him.

First things first...cleaning house. Blowing everything up from the top down. Also, I've got about 40,000,000 in available cap room or will have after a few choice cuts. We'll get to that $$ later. First things first.

GM: Hand Scott Pioli a blank check. He's my #1 Choice.
--Secondary options: Gene Smith, Jags; McKenzie, Packers; Tom Heckart, Philly; Rich McCay, Atl; Bill Kuharich, Chiefs

Note: No way in hell is Bradway coming to be the GM of my team. Also, if Cowher will only come in as HC/GM, then I'd probably do that but hire a consultant to assist.

Rest of the positions in the front office I'll leave up to the new GM. Kuharich is the ONLY guy that I'd keep on the staff.

HC: Bill Cowher or Marty (1A 1B)
--I'd normally love to give an oportunity to a young up and coming coach or even a Pete Carroll, but this this team, this town cannot take a chance on someone un proven at this time. Regardless, Herm has got to go.

I'll leave these choices up to the HC. BUT, EVERYONE IS GONE. Chan Gailey, I kind of like the guy and I know Bill Cohwer loves him...so, he might stay. I do know that the Cover 2 is garbage and whatever DC we have will NOT run the out dated cover 2.

Bottom line: I've stolen money from this town and this team by not doing everything in my power to improve. Sure, I needed a year or two to get in the swing of things, but this I promise. I will spend everything that is allowed to field a team capable of winning the superbowl.

Cuts/Trades: I'll promise TG that WE will be competitive this year and a playoff caliber team the next and superbowl caliber the following. My 3 year plan...the TG retirement as a Chief plan. If he still wants traded, we'll make it happen.

1- Larry Johnson. I'd be surprised if I could get anything for this slouch now that he's in trouble with the law AGAIN. He will be suspended for two incidents most likely. He's got a bad rep and if I can't get anything, I will cut him.

2-Sackintosh--cut

3-Surtain--traded, 4th

4-Croyle--not resigning

5-Huard--cut

6-Thigpen--cut

7-Edwards--love ya, but your body has caught up to you.

Resign
1. Give DJ a long term contract. He HASN'T lived up to expectations, but I'm going to blame the coaching staff on that. He's been solid still and our best LB. I'm convinced that a proper coaching staff can turn him into Merriman or that type of player.

Free Agents:

Lots of needs, lots of money to spend. I might have to overspend to get the quality player to come in KC because of what Carl has done. We have some serious holes and the GM gets whatever he needs to sign players.

1. Terrell Suggs. A beast...young and our primary defensive need. It doesn't matter what defense we have if we don't get pressure on the QB. He's young and has plenty in the tank. He would be the best pass rusher since DT for us.

2. Julias Peppers. I want to sign both. Could we? Yes. Will we? probably not. In reality, it's an either or, but I'm the owner in this fantasy damnit...we have the cap room!

(the 2 DE's will make Dorsey/Tank combo much better and give us the best DLine in the league....with proper coaching)

3. Vilma. IF he is available, I'm making a run at him. If we only get suggs OR peppers and not both, i'm making a HUGE run at him. I doubt the Saints let him go though. Mike Peterson is my second Choice.

These three signings improve the defense SUBSTANTIALLY. It would cost about 15-20 mill in cap room. By my estimation, I've got 10-20 to play with.

4. QB. After looking at the list, there isn't a Franchise guy out there...there rarely is. I'll get that in the draft. BUT, I need a short term guy now since I don't have a QB on the roster. Jeff Garcia or Losman here. Both would be cheap and know their roles.

5. OT. I like Brandon Albert a lot. The good news about him is that he can be moved to Guard if needed and possibly RT. I want to see him in the weight room a lot this off season if he's to stay at LT. We still need a RT. Gross from the Panthers. Might be expensive, so he might not be a true option since I've spent quite a bit already. Mark Tauscher from GB is solid, not great, but cheaper and an improvement until Richardson develops.

Ok...that takes up about 25-30 mil of my cap space. I'll have enough to fill the holes with roll players/draft picks....we are drafting very high and will need the cap room.

Draft. My holes: QB, OL, WR, LB mainly

NOTE: I'm going to trade out of #1 overrall to around 5 or 6. It will net me another 2nd at least.

1. BAQB. Josh Freeman!!!! Homer pick. Stafford possible, but hopefully, he will be gone. Sam Bradford. (regardless, BEST AVAILABLE QB)
2a. Duke Robinson, OG or Jeremy Macklin, WR.
2b. Alex Boone, OT;Adam Ulatoski, OT Obviously, I'm going oline here, especially if I go with Macklin or WR in the 2nd.
3. Dannell Elerbe, LB
4-7. BPA, running out of time at work to finish this.

This is what I would do if I was Clark Hunt. It would take every inch of cap space or pretty close to it. We have plenty and while it would cost a lot as far as up front money, I can cover it because I've been stashing the money we've been saving from not coming close to the cap for the last few years. I'm going to be a smarter version of Daniel Snyder!.

blueballs
10-19-2008, 10:50 PM
If I was Clark Hunt
I'd do two chicks at once

FloridaMan88
10-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Clark needs to go for the sky this offseason. An open checkbook to get Pioli and something out of this world aggressive to bring in a franchise caliber QB. Considering Cincy might be looking to blow things up this offseason maybe make an offer they can't refuse for Carson Palmer.

The Carson Palmer scenario may be unrealistic but it is going to take a mega-blockbuster move to jumpstart this franchise back to life after Herm and Dictator Carl killed it and stomped on its rotting corpse the past 2 years.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-20-2008, 12:10 AM
JFC.

pr_capone
10-20-2008, 12:42 AM
GM: Scott Pioli
HC: Steve Spagnuolo
DC: Ron Rivera
OC: Chan Gailey

DaneMcCloud
10-20-2008, 01:22 AM
GM: Scott Pioli
HC: Steve Spagnuolo
DC: Ron Rivera
OC: Chan Gailey

None of the above

Mecca
10-20-2008, 01:27 AM
This makes my head hurt....why can't people you know look for good realistic options?

Chris Polian in my opinion is the best GM candidate out there.

Tribal Warfare
10-20-2008, 01:29 AM
None of the above

That's a pretty good list IMO

pr_capone
10-20-2008, 01:34 AM
None of the above

really?

http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/3/10/19/f_dane1m_885f576.jpg

Mecca
10-20-2008, 01:37 AM
All I'm going to say about Spagnuolo is being a good coordinator and a Head Coach are completely different jobs...ask Marvin Lewis.

If the Bengals fire him I'd take him as my DC 5 minutes after.

Tribal Warfare
10-20-2008, 01:40 AM
All I'm going to say about Spagnuolo is being a good coordinator and a Head Coach are completely different jobs...ask Marvin Lewis.

No shit, but the guy seems very qualified to take the job, hell and you get on me about 1st round QBs.

Mecca
10-20-2008, 01:43 AM
I don't even think Spagnuolo would take this job.

pr_capone
10-20-2008, 01:44 AM
I don't even think Spagnuolo would take this job.

That is another matter entirely. :D

Money is the great equalizer. If Clark thinks he is the man for the job and opens up the checkbook, you really think he would not jump ship?

Mecca
10-20-2008, 01:47 AM
That is another matter entirely. :D

Money is the great equalizer. If Clark thinks he is the man for the job and opens up the checkbook, you really think he would not jump ship?

He turned down the Redskins...

pr_capone
10-20-2008, 01:49 AM

Too true.

Then we just gotta hope he REALLY likes good BBQ.

Tribal Warfare
10-20-2008, 02:05 PM

He doesn't want to work for Snyder, with his history with HCs it's understandable

Rooster
10-20-2008, 02:19 PM
If I was Clark Hunt
I'd do two chicks at once

ROFL

SBK
10-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Get a GM from a team that uses the draft to build. That would be Indy, Green Bay and Pittsburgh please.

BigMeatballDave
10-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Please, NO Marty.

whoman69
10-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Number one priority would be offensive line. New QB would be worth nothing if we kept the same inept bunch. I think many of the other pieces can fall into place with better coaching and a better system. I hate our offense. Cover 2 sucks, should go to a 3-4 to get pressure. I think DJ would be a monster in this system.

OnTheWarpath15
10-20-2008, 03:44 PM
JFC.

How the fuck did you decide on that instead of "kill yourself"?

dallaschiefsfan
10-20-2008, 04:26 PM
THIS (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=194650)

There is no other plan...