PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Charles > Smith

pr_capone
10-19-2008, 10:59 PM
With our O-Line being as shitty as it is, the last thing we need is a north/south back who is going to blindly run into the ass of the offensive linemen in front of him. While I like Kolby quite a bit, I don't believe he is the best option for the team at the moment... especially with an impending LJ suspension.

Charles averaged 5.7 yards per carry this game and nearly 5 yards per carry so far this season. Sure... those numbers are with limited carries, but I would love to see Charles start (if LJ does get suspended) and Kolby be the 3rd down back.... the guy who gets the yard needed on 3rd and 1.

kcxiv
10-19-2008, 11:10 PM
It doesnt matter who you put back there with that offensive line. Anyone but Barry Sanders would suck behind this line.

pr_capone
10-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Agreed.... but Charles would suck much less than Kolby or even LJ at this point.

kcxiv
10-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Agreed.... but Charles would suck much less than Kolby or even LJ at this point.

I dont know about that. He's more of a 3rd down back not an everydown back.

Buehler445
10-20-2008, 02:59 AM
I don't know what the hell to think. I know that Charles is a small fast guy like Reggie Bush. You absolutely cannot pound guys like that up the middle. Charles has world class speed. He was a sprinter at UT. Accordingly, they wouldn't let him bulk up. You must get him the ball in space to utilize his speed. IMO, he is not an every down back. He is a change of pace back. Especially with our worthless sack of shit coaching staff wanting to cram everything up the middle despite a stacked box, I don't want to see the kids potential ruined by too many dumbass carries up the middle.

pr_capone
10-20-2008, 03:30 AM
I don't know what the hell to think. I know that Charles is a small fast guy like Reggie Bush. You absolutely cannot pound guys like that up the middle. Charles has world class speed. He was a sprinter at UT. Accordingly, they wouldn't let him bulk up. You must get him the ball in space to utilize his speed. IMO, he is not an every down back. He is a change of pace back. Especially with our worthless sack of shit coaching staff wanting to cram everything up the middle despite a stacked box, I don't want to see the kids potential ruined by too many dumbass carries up the middle.

I agree that he is to small to smack up the middle constantly. Run him off Tackle and off Guard, mostly to the left side. To the right side would be ok as well as long as we are running a sweep with Cottam or Gonzo over there to make up for our shitbag RT.

ChiefGator
10-20-2008, 04:18 AM
I dont know about that. He's more of a 3rd down back not an everydown back.

IMO, he is a Chris Johnson clone. And Chris is averaging about 17 carries in the games he has played in. A time share is probably in order, especially if we get LJ back there. But I agree with the thread starter that Charles should be getting more carries. He's averaging 4 carries a game.

Of course it doesn't help his stock that our QB's can't even hit him on a screen six yards away.