PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hey everyone (you're friendly resident Jets fan here)

Boozer76
10-20-2008, 09:11 AM
Some of you may remember me or notice that I drop a line here from time to time. Just to give a background I am a diehard Jets fan, but I do hqve the utmost respect for the Chiefs storied franchise. I hate that you guys had to be the ones to take Herm off our hands, although I'm just glad he's gone.

I just wanted to say good luck this coming week, and hopefully we both come out of the game with no injuries. We haven't been playing very well ourselves, so I would expect you guys to have some half decent success for a change. I do think my Jets will pull this one out which, in the long term, better helps your cause to purge yourselves of the DuhHerm-ness. The only thing that really sucks now is I have to go a week with hearing all the DuhHerm quotes in our local papers again.

Good luck fellas.

TinyEvel
10-20-2008, 09:15 AM
Just after we hired Herm, I came across a Jets fan on a job. He said, "sorry, man." After I had asked why, he replied, "The guy just makes bad decisions...in games, off the field... you'll see."

Man, oh man, am I seeing. :cuss:

Nzoner
10-20-2008, 09:15 AM
LOFL,the Jets are going to get very healthy in this game,Thomas Jones will look like the 2nd coming of Barry Sanders.

bobbything
10-20-2008, 09:16 AM
I'll trade you our whole team, players and coaches, plus the $22 I have in my wallet for 10 of Brett Favre's passes.

triple
10-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Getting a fourth round pick from us for Herm Edwards ranks right up there with the deal you guys got on Manhattan island

Bowser
10-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Getting a fourth round pick from us for Herm Edwards ranks right up there with the deal you guys got on Manhattan island

Heh. No shit.

Rooster
10-20-2008, 09:25 AM

ROFL That is too true. :D

Deberg_1990
10-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Some of you may remember me or notice that I drop a line here from time to time. Just to give a background I am a diehard Jets fan, but I do hqve the utmost respect for the Chiefs storied franchise. I hate that you guys had to be the ones to take Herm off our hands, although I'm just glad he's gone.

I just wanted to say good luck this coming week, and hopefully we both come out of the game with no injuries. We haven't been playing very well ourselves, so I would expect you guys to have some half decent success for a change. I do think my Jets will pull this one out which, in the long term, better helps your cause to purge yourselves of the DuhHerm-ness. The only thing that really sucks now is I have to go a week with hearing all the DuhHerm quotes in our local papers again.

Good luck fellas.

How does Sebastian Janikowski's ass taste?

Goapics1
10-20-2008, 09:34 AM

Good luck fellas.

You guys lost to the sorry ass Raiders!ROFL
Oh wait, never mind................................................:(

Boozer76
10-20-2008, 09:37 AM

Now that is funny as hell!!! Just think of it this way though-There were ALOT of Jets fans who felt we were raked over the coals by Peterson. They felt we should have gotten a 1st or 2nd rounder. They actually STILL believed Herm was a good coach even after he was gone. At least you guys caught on quickly and hopefully purge yourselves quickly.

Here's an interesting though: While Herm was with the Jets our run D got progressively worse each year. Our pass D became horrid. Our OL became such a joke that our new HC/GM had to draft 2 OL in the first round. We had no RB. One of our better WR's was sitting on the bench for Herm (Cotchery) while Herm kept plugging McCareins in to drop a pass or 10 a game (Can you believe we gave up a 2nd rounder for McCareins!!). So Herm basically mafde it to the playoffs each time with the tattered remains of what Bill Parcells left him. The more Herm's players became the focal point, the worse we got. He gets this media credibility somehow based on his playoff appearances with the Jets and because he spoon feeds them great stories. So much so, it was later revealed here in NY that most of the "unknown sources" leaking stories was Herm himself. It turns out he was sitting with guys like Cannizzaro after his pressers to give him the "unnamed source" inside information. How pathetic. At least you guys have one of the better columnists in the nation (Whitlock) calling it the way it is. The NY media threw a temper tantrum when Herm was on his way out.

The same thing is happening with you guys now. Your team has progressively gotten worse and worse. The difference is there wasn't a whole lot to begin with when Herm got there, so his ineptitude is coming to light more quickly and more brutally. This too shall pass.

Boozer76
10-20-2008, 09:40 AM
How does Sebastian Janikowski's ass taste?

Was there anyone on the planet thaqt actually felt he would miss that kick?? Our problem is we have Marty Jr. running our offense. I think he tries so hard to not be labeled with his dad's conservative tag that he runs some of the most outlandish formations at some of the most head scratching moments. We were running roughshod all over the Raiders, yet Schott never even tried to use playaction, instead making it blatantly obvious we were going to pass by running 5 WR sets. Just mind boggling.

DJJasonp
10-20-2008, 09:42 AM
Now that is funny as hell!!! Just think of it this way though-There were ALOT of Jets fans who felt we were raked over the coals by Peterson. They felt we should have gotten a 1st or 2nd rounder. They actually STILL believed Herm was a good coach even after he was gone. At least you guys caught on quickly and hopefully purge yourselves quickly.

Here's an interesting though: While Herm was with the Jets our run D got progressively worse each year. Our pass D became horrid. Our OL became such a joke that our new HC/GM had to draft 2 OL in the first round. We had no RB. One of our better WR's was sitting on the bench for Herm (Cotchery) while Herm kept plugging McCareins in to drop a pass or 10 a game (Can you believe we gave up a 2nd rounder for McCareins!!). So Herm basically mafde it to the playoffs each time with the tattered remains of what Bill Parcells left him. The more Herm's players became the focal point, the worse we got. He gets this media credibility somehow based on his playoff appearances with the Jets and because he spoon feeds them great stories. So much so, it was later revealed here in NY that most of the "unknown sources" leaking stories was Herm himself. It turns out he was sitting with guys like Cannizzaro after his pressers to give him the "unnamed source" inside information. How pathetic. At least you guys have one of the better columnists in the nation (Whitlock) calling it the way it is. The NY media threw a temper tantrum when Herm was on his way out.

The same thing is happening with you guys now. Your team has progressively gotten worse and worse. The difference is there wasn't a whole lot to begin with when Herm got there, so his ineptitude is coming to light more quickly and more brutally. This too shall pass.

Nailed it! :clap:

Deberg_1990
10-20-2008, 09:42 AM
Was there anyone on the planet thaqt actually felt he would miss that kick?? Our problem is we have Marty Jr. running our offense. I think he tries so hard to not be labeled with his dad's conservative tag that he runs some of the most outlandish formations at some of the most head scratching moments. We were running roughshod all over the Raiders, yet Schott never even tried to use playaction, instead making it blatantly obvious we were going to pass by running 5 WR sets. Just mind boggling.

haha..i was just giving you a had time man. I couldnt resist.

You guys should have no problem with us. Favre will throw for 4 TD's and the game will be over in the first 5 minutes.

Boozer76
10-20-2008, 09:48 AM
haha..i was just giving you a had time man. I couldnt resist.

You guys should have no problem with us. Favre will throw for 4 TD's and the game will be over in the first 5 minutes.

I know man, it's cool. I am obviously a die hard Jets fan and always will be. I also really don't believe in the whole "second favorite team" theory. That being said though I have always had such a huge amount of respect and admiration for KC. I can remember as a little kid watching KC home games and seeing the sea of red all over the stadium. It was intimidating as hell, and it personifies what football is about. Nobody was going into KC and winning. Nobody. The NFL needs that in these days of "parity".

FringeNC
10-20-2008, 09:50 AM
We'll give you another 4th round pick -- if you take Herm off our hands.

ChiefGator
10-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Hey, what gives with Cotchery. Seems like he is either forgotten about or an after-thought in blow outs? Is he still #2, even with Brad Smith coming on?

Just trying to understand it, as a fantasy owner of Cotchery.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-20-2008, 09:58 AM

There's a lot of us that have come to realize Herm is the anti-christ. It will soon be revealed his true middle name is Osama Hussein.

Boozer76
10-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Hey, what gives with Cotchery. Seems like he is either forgotten about or an after-thought in blow outs? Is he still #2, even with Brad Smith coming on?

Just trying to understand it, as a fantasy owner of Cotchery.

I think it has more to do with Favre getting settled in as well as Schott's questionable playcalling. He also did get hurt yesterday as well. I wouldn't really say Brad Smith is "coming on". If anyone is starting to come on it's Chansi Stuckey, who has been surprisingly good so far. Cotch is a solid #2 WR, however he struggles whenever he faces very good CB's such as Hall. He'll never be a #1 WR IMO.

Iowanian
10-20-2008, 01:18 PM
New York should have just gone ahead and sent KC their rats and roaches in the Crate they used to dump Herm on us.

Sure-Oz
10-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Herm reminds me of the shit monster from Dogma

Amnorix
10-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Pats fan here. Hope the Chiefs crush you. Nothing personal. :D

Saw the last quarter and OT of Jets/Raiders. Brutal.

What do you think Mangini's longevity is at this point? Is he on a short leash? It seemed to me that Tannenbaum/Mangini sold the farm to bring in alot of high priced talent this year, which has not yet meshed together. How much time do you think they'll get?

Mr. Plow
10-20-2008, 01:48 PM

Good luck fellas.

Thanks a lot asshole!

:D

Iowanian
10-20-2008, 01:49 PM
nah nah. uhuh....

Flustrated.

Players play the game...coaches just coach.

Flustration.

young.

killed 7QBs in 3 seasons.

strategery vs the jets.

StcChief
10-20-2008, 02:19 PM
There's a lot of us that have come to realize Herm is the anti-christ. It will soon be revealed his true middle name is Osama Hussein.probably Hussein Obama

JuicesFlowing
10-20-2008, 02:23 PM
It's funny to see how these two franchises have turned out since that overtime game in week 17 last season ... wow. The Jets are competitive and the Chiefs are the worst team in the NFL.

alpha_omega
10-20-2008, 02:29 PM
At least you guys have one of the better columnists in the nation (Whitlock)...

I was with you, and shouting "Amen Brother", until you said this.

Reerun_KC
10-20-2008, 07:42 PM

:clap:

That was a great solid post....

Pasta Little Brioni
10-20-2008, 07:45 PM
It's funny to see how these two franchises have turned out since that overtime game in week 17 last season ... wow. The Jets are competitive and the Chiefs are the worst team in the NFL.

The Jets threw a ton of money at FA's and traded for Favre. They should be much better...but they still got beat by the Faiders and that will hurt any playoff dreams they may have.

Skip Towne
10-20-2008, 07:49 PM

Sad, ain't it?

Rain Man
10-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Y'know, if we can win a few games, we're right back in the playoff race. Now that we've got Albert back at left tackle, we can .... can ... aw, screw it.

StcChief
10-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Y'know, if we can win a few games, we're right back in the playoff race. Now that we've got Albert back at left tackle, we can .... can ... aw, screw it.and our OL suddenly gels, and Jamal Charles is the 2nd coming.... and Bowe and Gonzo get on the same page with
Thigpen or some washed up has been.....

Just not gonna happen