PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Colquitt replaced this week...WTF??

InChiefsHeaven
10-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Good Lord, I didn't even know he was hurt:

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/373

Chiefs add P Weatherford

New Chiefs punter Steve Weatherford was at practice this morning, replacing the injured Dustin Colquitt in individual drills.

Colquitt has a sore right calf. It's his non-kicking leg.

Weatherford was last with New Orleans before being cut on Monday.

Shit. What more can go wrong??

P.S. Sorry if re-post.

bkkcoh
10-22-2008, 12:22 PM
RSI = Repetitive Stress Injury

milkman
10-22-2008, 12:22 PM
What more can go wrong?

With Herman fucking Edwards in charge on the field, I'd say a hell of a lot.

HypnotizedMonkey
10-22-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm calling the worst game in Chiefs history. lol

bkkcoh
10-22-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm calling the worst game in Chiefs history. lol

He was on the injury report last week.

HypnotizedMonkey
10-22-2008, 12:29 PM
He was on the injury report last week.

really has nothing to do with Colquitt.

ElGringo
Being his non-kicking foot (aka plant foot), and his calf is sore. Well, not saying I know too much about punting in the NFL, but I would imagine you give your self extra power through that calf. And with the amount of kicking he is doing, is it a shock that he would eventually give out. I also believe I read something a week or two ago that said he was resting from practice because he was sore, hoping he might not have to punt on every drive and get a break during the game. As we all saw, that didn't happen, and would be interested to know if anyone in the NFL has punted more this year.

Mr. Arrowhead
the bigger question is who is gonna be our holder for Field goals this week, since the back up hold is hurt as well which is huard.

HypnotizedMonkey
10-22-2008, 12:30 PM
the bigger question is who is gonna be our holder for Field goals this week, since the back up hold is hurt as well which is huard.

Somebody's gonna get Barth fired.

RustShack
10-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Who did Colquitt spit on? I bet he questioned Herm, or asked for a trade that wasn't granted and he is raising hell in the locker room. I wish he would cunt punt Herm.

dallaschiefsfan
10-22-2008, 12:36 PM

Unless they need to make him inactive, I assume Colquit will hold...don't need the calf for those duties. However...assuming he IS inactive, I'm guessing Weatherford holds.

DaFace
10-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Interestingly, Colquitt's only in the top 5 in terms of number of punts this season. I figured he'd be #1 easily.

bkkcoh
10-22-2008, 12:38 PM

you are making a big assumption that we will either get into field goal range or score a touchdown! :banghead:

really has nothing to do with Colquitt.

Colquitt was on the injury list prior to last weeks game, iirc.

ElGringo
10-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Interestingly, Colquitt's only in the top 5 in terms of number of punts this season. I figured he'd be #1 easily.
That is interesting to hear. I know everyone loves Colquitt, but being that other punters are kicking more than he is, without any problems, what does this say about his ability to last. I know everyone is going to hate me for saying this, but I assumed he was #1 by a landslide and that is why he is injured. I haven't seen anything happen to him, so I guess I am just confused at this point.

morphius
10-22-2008, 12:41 PM
There have been a few times when Huard would take pity on him and throw an INT or just fumble for no reason.

Deberg_1990
10-22-2008, 12:43 PM
With this shocking development, i now predict the Chiefs to lose.

chiefsngop
10-22-2008, 12:44 PM
I punted in highschool and college (No Dustin Colquitt here), but raise your kicking leg as fast and high as you can and see how it makes the back of your non-kicking leg feel.

It strains the sh*t outta the whole backside of your non-kicking leg, hamstring down to calf. Especially if your doing it as fast and hard as you can, to generate the kind of monster punts Colquitt can.

This offense wore out their punter how ridiculous.....

Frosty
10-22-2008, 12:45 PM
So - I'm assuming they IR-ed Huard to bring this guy in? :shrug:

InChiefsHeaven
10-22-2008, 12:48 PM
That's it. Colquitt = Punters version of Croyle...

...when oh when will we ever find a true POTF??

...hehehehehheh...

Chiefnj2
10-22-2008, 12:54 PM
His calf is swolled.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-22-2008, 12:58 PM

I believe he has punted for over 3000 yards already. He's worn out. You just can't punt that much over a 2 year period without wearing out your body!

whoman69
10-22-2008, 12:58 PM
So - I'm assuming they IR-ed Huard to bring this guy in? :shrug:

No he'd be inactive. If he is on IR he can't play anymore this season.

whoman69
10-22-2008, 12:59 PM
That is interesting to hear. I know everyone loves Colquitt, but being that other punters are kicking more than he is, without any problems, what does this say about his ability to last. I know everyone is going to hate me for saying this, but I assumed he was #1 by a landslide and that is why he is injured. I haven't seen anything happen to him, so I guess I am just confused at this point.

He could have been injured covering one of his punts. I don't think it says anything about his durability.

TrickyNicky
10-22-2008, 01:01 PM

Teams are running the ball at will on us, and therefore limiting the amount of possessions in the game. So its no surprise. If we had a great D, he would be number one for sure.

DaFace
10-22-2008, 01:02 PM
I believe he has punted for over 3000 yards already. He's worn out. You just can't punt that much over a 2 year period without wearing out your body!

1772 so far this year, and 4322 last year.

Source (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&statisticCategory=PUNTING&d-447263-s=PUNTING_NET_YARDAGE&experience=null&d-447263-n=1&season=2008&qualified=true&Submit=Go&tabSeq=0&d-447263-p=1) in case anyone wants to dig around more.

NY CHIEF
10-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Of course he's sore... Hes been punting 20 times a game ROFL

InChiefsHeaven
10-22-2008, 01:03 PM
He could have been injured covering one of his punts. I don't think it says anything about his durability.

Actually, I haven't watched the last couple of games so I was wondering if anyone knew if he did indeed take a hit or something. This could just be a flat out usage issue though. While he may not have the most punts in the league, he's probably got the biggest punt in the league, or at least one of the biggest, so his punts take more of a toll on him than other punters might feel...

...or I could just be talking out my ass...:shrug:

lightsout04
10-22-2008, 01:04 PM
damn. well there goes the heart and soul of the team.

StcChief
10-22-2008, 01:11 PM
so now it's Run,Run,Pass, something,... turn over on downs....

ArrowheadHawk
10-22-2008, 01:14 PM
so now it's Run,Run,Pass, something,... turn over on downs....

Sounds about right.