PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Random Blog says Chiefs have the "scariest QB roster" in recent memory

SCTrojan
10-23-2008, 08:53 AM
I thought this was pretty hilarious.

http://www.legendofcecilioguante.com/2008/10/ingle-martin-iv-and-scariest-qb-roster.html

No politics here, but you know how some folks seem mildly concerned by the notion that one Sarah Palin could be a "heartbeat away" from the presidency? I thought that was a pretty good metaphor for how Chiefs fans must be filling this week as they prep for the J-E-T-S to come to Arrowhead. Why? Because the Chiefs are one hit away from Ingle Martin IV stepping in under center to lead them.

All together now...WHO? Our sentiments exactly. Unfortunately for Chiefs fans, some further digging into the credentials of Mr. Martin de quattro is not particularly inspiring. The die-hards over at Arrowhead Addict ran down Martin's "resume" back on September 9th. Surely at that time there was no reason to think Ingle could seriously enter any game as a #2 quarterback. But, alas...

So, for anyone keeping score out there, here are the Kansas City Chiefs three active quarterbacks heading into Sunday:

Photobucket
1. Tyler Thigpen: The Coastal Carolina product was selected by the Vikes in the seventh round of 2007 NFL Draft. He has had only one career start which came earlier this year in the Chiefs 38-14 loss in Atlanta. He went 14-36 for 128 with a touchdown and three picks. Thigpen is your starter, and the most appealing option for Herm at this very moment. Frightening. Really, really scary.

Photobucket
2. Ingle Martin IV: Ingle has been named the back-up for Sunday. He has appeared in one game back in 2006 where, if we had to guess, he took not one but two knees. A Furman product, Martin has officially been a member of the Chiefs for just over a month.

Photobucket
3. Quinn Gray: Just announced, the Chiefs are expected to sign Gray to bolster their QB options (uh, good idea). Being as he will have all of four days with the KC playbook under his belt by Sunday, it is not anticipated he will be ready and available. Gray is by far the most experienced of the bunch. I give two weeks before he takes over the Chiefs, as he probably should based on what he's done in the League.

So, are we all clear? That would be Tyler Thigpen, Ingle Martin IV and Quinn Gray. That, my friends, is powerful stuff. Seriously, drink in that quarterback lineup for a minute. Now, not to pile on as we know the injury situation in Kansas City is uniquely awful given the timing of Croyle and Huard, but can you think of a worse trio in the NFL?

Orlovsky, Stanton and Henson are a pretty special threesome themselves, but even the Lions crew is attractive when compared to the the Chiefs current signal-callers. Honestly, has there been a team in recent NFL history who's headed into a real regular season game with a stable of quarterbacks this bad? If so, can someone please tell us?

Meanwhile, the sickest irony in all of this? My Jets could very well lose to this team. Can you even imagine the heat from the NY media in Mangini were to drop one to Herm and this bunch following last week's awful loss at Oakland? We just physically shivered at the thought.

bishop_74
10-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Is it really any worse than the one we had at the beginning of the year?

Croyle
Huard
Thigpen

StcChief
10-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Meanwhile, the sickest irony in all of this? My Jets could very well lose to this team. Can you even imagine the heat from the NY media in Mangini were to drop one to Herm and this bunch following last week's awful loss at Oakland? We just physically shivered at the thought. Well with Favre at QB... I would hope not. but on any given Sunday.

Were still a game up on the Lions though, we need to remember that.

RealSNR
10-23-2008, 10:23 AM
It was stupid to go in with this roster in the first place. We were taking a huge risk by putting our money on Croyle and we not only busted, but we got out on the first fuggin hand. He's out. We can't even watch him suck.

I call that irresponsibility on the part of Carl and Herm. AT LEAST have a guy waiting who can try to make something happen.

Deberg_1990
10-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Herm had Brooks Bollinger and Kliff Kingsbury for a few games in 05.

Ole Herm loves his QB's!

PhillyChiefFan
10-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Brohm was there

Flynn, Brennan, and Woodson were all there!

I know we had a lot of issues, but we could have easily gotten SOME kind of depth at QB in April.

Brock
10-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Brohm was there

I know we had a lot of issues, but we could have easily gotten SOME kind of depth at QB in April.

Hell, Woodson is still there.

PhillyChiefFan
10-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Well with Favre at QB... I would hope not. but on any given Sunday.

Were still a game up on the Lions though, we need to remember that.

Who, rather unfortunatly, need a QB too. So they need to step it up!!

Deberg_1990
10-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Brohm was there

Could have tried to trade down and snagged Flacco.

PhillyChiefFan
10-23-2008, 10:34 AM

ha yea, isn't he on the Giants PS??

On any other team Thigpen would be on the PS, here...start em.

KCrockaholic
10-23-2008, 10:34 AM

Woodson was a major bust...couldnt even make the team, ROFL its funny because some guys had him going in the late 1st rnd in February this year.

Skyy God
10-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Could have tried to trade down and snagged Flacco.

Or drafted him at 17, for that matter.

KCrockaholic
10-23-2008, 10:35 AM

good point..although Woodson does suck, he just might be an upgrade over Thigpen

KCrockaholic
10-23-2008, 10:36 AM

I think we needed a LT man, Albert was important in trying to revive a broken O-line...But I agree Flacco wouldve been nice to have at this point.

Deberg_1990
10-23-2008, 10:37 AM

yep.

Brock
10-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Woodson was a major bust...couldnt even make the team, ROFL its funny because some guys had him going in the late 1st rnd in February this year.

There must be some pretty big issues with him.

Spicy McHaggis
10-23-2008, 10:44 AM
There must be some pretty big issues with him.

I doubt it's all of it, but his delivery mechanics are absolutely atrocious.

PhillyChiefFan
10-23-2008, 10:50 AM
good point..although Woodson does suck, he just might be an upgrade over Thigpen

And that...depresses me.

KCrockaholic
10-23-2008, 10:50 AM
I doubt it's all of it, but his delivery mechanics are absolutely atrocious.

you would think good coaching could help that...so i guess the Chiefs are out of that mix...

RJ
10-23-2008, 10:55 AM

From Rotoworld today:

Giants released QB Andre Woodson off their practice squad.
Perhaps Woodson's confidence is shot after he fell from likely first-round pick to the sixth round in April, because it isn't physical talent that he lacks. It is worth noting, though, that the Giants are very sound evaluators.
Source: Newark Star-Ledger

FishingRod
10-23-2008, 12:17 PM
I hear Shane Falco is available

whoman69
10-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Being as he will have all of four days with the KC playbook under his belt by Sunday, it is not anticipated he will be ready and available.

That should be enough. The latest X-Man comic is larger.

bobbything
10-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Being as he will have all of four days with the KC playbook under his belt
That gives Gray enough time to memorize the playbook and drive to Colorado to go skiing for 3 days.

rambleonthruthefog
10-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Is it really any worse than the one we had at the beginning of the year?

Croyle
Huard
Thigpen

without a doubt.

CupidStunt
10-23-2008, 01:57 PM
If the Chiefs had drafted Flacco at No. 17, first of all most would cry that he was a reach, and second they'd cry more when he looks even worse in KC than he has in Baltimore.

Buzz
10-23-2008, 01:57 PM
I thought that was a pretty good metaphor for how Chiefs fans must be filling this week as they prep for the J-E-T-S to come to Arrowhead.

Last Herm checked this was at the jet's... :shake:

JuicesFlowing
10-23-2008, 02:05 PM
I thought that was a pretty good metaphor for how Chiefs fans must be filling this week as they prep for the J-E-T-S to come to Arrowhead.

Filling? or FEELING. Nice grammar dumbass.

StcChief
10-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Last Herm checked this was at the jet's... :shake: now that's how you play to an empty house....
We fly there to NYC , they fly to KC.... is a double forfeit possible?

Buzz
10-23-2008, 02:12 PM
now that's how you play to an empty house....

We could only hope...

BigMeatballDave
10-23-2008, 02:54 PM
From Rotoworld today:

Giants released QB Andre Woodson off their practice squad.
Perhaps Woodson's confidence is shot after he fell from likely first-round pick to the sixth round in April, because it isn't physical talent that he lacks. It is worth noting, though, that the Giants are very sound evaluators.
Source: Newark Star-LedgerHeh, Mecca said Woodson would be good...:)

Riley Odoms 88
10-23-2008, 02:58 PM
The Seattle Seachickens in 1992 played Kelly Stouffer, Stan Gelbaugh, Dan McGwire and Rick Tuten behind center.

whoman69
10-23-2008, 03:02 PM
now that's how you play to an empty house....

Or even preferable?