PDA

View Full Version : Football Daunte Culpepper has Unretired

Bill Lundberg
10-23-2008, 12:34 PM
In an e-mail sent to various media outlets, retired quarterback Daunte Culpepper has opted to give football another try.

Here’s what he said:

“A number of teams have contacted me since my retirement announcement and have provided some important information that has caused me to reconsider returning to the League. As much as I have enjoyed my brief break from playing, I know that I love the game and I have some unfinished business in the NFL. It has never been because of a lack of passion for the game but rather, the absence of a fair opportunity to compete and play that caused me to retire. Now that there are some real opportunities that match my desire to play, I will choose the one that is the best fit for both the team and me so that I can continue my NFL career. For the second half of this season, I hope to play a role in helping a team win some games. I want to thank all of those who encouraged me to ‘keep a light on’ for the right NFL opportunity that would eventually come back to me.”

Culpepper recently spoke to the Chiefs, but they signed Quinn Gray to serve as the backup to Tyler Thigpen, since both Brodie Croyle and Damon Huard are on injured reserve.

Here’s a team to watch — the Broncos. Patrick Ramsey was placed on IR after Monday night’s loss to the Broncos, giving Denver a need on the depth chart behind Jay Cutler.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=434695

Sure-Oz
10-23-2008, 12:35 PM
The trufff will come to the lightttt

triple
10-23-2008, 12:36 PM
i wonder if he's even in shape, since he was 'retired'

Buck
10-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Culpepper went on to add, I need 30 more days to clean my system though.

Molitoth
10-23-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm sure he would rather come to the chiefs then act as a backup in Denver. At this point I'd rather watch Culpepper to Bowe then any of our other scrubs at QB.

StcChief
10-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Ok so do we give him the "hair" test to see if he's really clean?

Reerun_KC
10-23-2008, 12:40 PM
Funny how we went from Trent Green to we will take any scrub and believe that he will turn our best chances to win on sundays...

Stewie
10-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Why would he go to the Broncos? He didn't want to be a backup, that's why he retired. Get on the phone, Carl! Do something right for a change.

Mr. Plow
10-23-2008, 12:45 PM
It's a sad, sad day for Chiefs fans that we have gotten to the point that Culpepper sounds good.

Molitoth
10-23-2008, 12:47 PM
The other thing is Culpepper wanted more then a 1 year deal.... I would love to watch Culpepper THIS year, and maybe next as a BACKUP to our #1 QB pick.... but not more then that unless he is just unbelievably awesome.

Buck
10-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Daunte Culpepper > Huard, Croyle, Hagans, Thigpen, Gray combined...

Thats a shit-sack of QBs right there.

Bill Lundberg
10-23-2008, 12:51 PM
The other thing is Culpepper wanted more then a 1 year deal.... I would love to watch Culpepper THIS year, and maybe next as a BACKUP to our #1 QB pick.... but not more then that unless he is just unbelievably awesome.

I could stomach him for the rest of this year and 1/2 of next year as we groom our #1 pick. By week 6 of next season our #1 QB pick should be starting.

Sure-Oz
10-23-2008, 12:52 PM
The only team culpepper would start for would be the Chiefs, period. We have dumbass coaches etc, no other team wants culpepper to start

The Franchise
10-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Dear God....how do you go from:

Brodie Croyle
Damon Huard
Tyler Thigpen

to

Daunte Culpepper
Tyler Thigpen
Quinn Gray
Ingle Martin

Bill Lundberg
10-23-2008, 12:53 PM

Brodie Croyle
Damon Huard
Tyler Thigpen

to

Daunte Culpepper
Tyler Thigpen
Quinn Gray
Ingle Martin

H E R M A N

E D W A R D S

OnTheWarpath15
10-23-2008, 12:55 PM
i wonder if he's even in shape, since he was 'retired'

It's questionable whether he was in shape when he was playing...

ArrowheadHawk
10-23-2008, 12:55 PM

Brodie Croyle
Damon Huard
Tyler Thigpen

to

Daunte Culpepper
Tyler Thigpen
Quinn Gray
Ingle Martin

Ask the O line.

DT58HOF
10-23-2008, 12:57 PM

Brodie Croyle
Damon Huard
Tyler Thigpen

to

Daunte Culpepper
Tyler Thigpen
Quinn Gray
Ingle Martin

not sure but the best 2 are in the second group!!

Mr. Laz
10-23-2008, 01:02 PM
i have never been a fan of Culpepper but it seems to me like our QB lineup has gotten better by attrition

Grey
thigpen
Culpepper
Marty

is better than

Brodie "glass vag" Croyle
Huard
thigpen

imo

R&GHomer
10-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Daunte Culpepper > Huard, Croyle, Hagans, Thigpen, Gray combined...

Thats a shit-sack of QBs right there.

:deevee:

Chief Faithful
10-23-2008, 01:07 PM
The only down side to a Culpepper signing is Carl / Herm may decide there is no need to draft a QB.

Iowanian
10-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Easy, You start McIntosh at RT, Adrian Jones at RG and Niswanger at Center with a Herman Edwards controled offense.

Brodie Croyle
Damon Huard
Tyler Thigpen

to

Daunte Culpepper
Tyler Thigpen
Quinn Gray
Ingle Martin

Micjones
10-23-2008, 02:20 PM
The only down side to a Culpepper signing is Carl / Herm may decide there is no need to draft a QB.

Indeed.

Bill Lundberg
10-23-2008, 02:32 PM
There's a strong possibility he's not talking about joining the Chiefs. I imagine Detroit and Cincinnati have been in contact with him as well. I bet it's only a matter of time before Carson Palmer is put on the IR.

Riley Odoms 88
10-23-2008, 02:38 PM
GET YOUR ROLL ON!

Bring him in bad knee and all. How many Chiefs QBs have thrown for 4700+ yards and 39 TDs in a season?

10-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Ask the O line. Herm is responsible for that catastrophe as well.

talastan
10-23-2008, 03:09 PM
GET YOUR ROLL ON!

Bring him in bad knee and all. How many Chiefs QBs have thrown for 4700+ yards and 39 TDs in a season?

How many of them had Randy Moss to bail them out?:rolleyes:

KC4EVER
10-23-2008, 03:49 PM
I truly think this is Daunte saying he's contimplating coming to the chiefs, think about it, what other team out there right now besides the Lions would offer him a chance to start this year! Either way I wouldn't mind bringing him in as a low risk ($) high reward move!

KC_Connection
10-23-2008, 04:48 PM
not sure but the best 2 are in the second group!!

Yeah...umm, I'm also struggling to see the difference between the top and bottom groups. Both of them suck...infinitely.

KC_Connection
10-23-2008, 04:49 PM
i have never been a fan of Culpepper but it seems to me like our QB lineup has gotten better by attrition

Grey
thigpen
Culpepper
Marty

is better than

Brodie "glass vag" Croyle
Huard
thigpen

imo

Yep.

Bwana
10-23-2008, 06:09 PM
I truly think this is Daunte saying he's contimplating coming to the chiefs, think about it, what other team out there right now besides the Lions would offer him a chance to start this year! Either way I wouldn't mind bringing him in as a low risk ($) high reward move!

That's not what was said on NFL radio this afternoon. They were talking about it and claimed he turned Herm down flat and said he DID NOT want to play for the Chiefs.

Over-Head
10-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Either way I wouldn't mind bringing him in as a low risk ($) high reward move!
Damn stright!
Offer him $50,000 for every TD he throw's.
With your line up I'm pretty positive he could make league minimum

Buzz
10-23-2008, 06:14 PM
That's not what was said on NFL radio this afternoon. They were talking about it and claimed he turned Herm down flat and said he DID NOT want to play for the Chiefs.

Why would he come here to end the rest of his carrer with an injury...
He has an upside somewhere, but not here.

Bwana
10-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Why would he come here to end the rest of his carrer with an injury...
He has an upside somewhere, but not here.

Indeed

Sure-Oz
10-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Daunte Culpepper-QB-Raiders Oct. 24 - 10:55 am et

Chiefs coach Herm Edwards hasn't ruled out renewing conversations with recently unretired QB Daunte Culpepper.
Culpepper was still officially retired when the sides talked earlier in the week, so perhaps the Chiefs have renewed interest. It certainly beats an extended window on the Tyler Thigpen era.
Source: Kansas City Star

Sure-Oz
10-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Culpepper scheduled to visit Chiefs Tuesday
Free agent Daunte Culpepper will visit the Chiefs on Tuesday, according to FOXSports' Jay Glazer.
Culpepper was linked to the Chiefs in several reports last week, but it appears he's gotten serious about playing again now after officially unretiring. Glazer says Culpepper could be in search of a multi-year contract. He will work out for the team and undergo a physical. Oct. 26 - 1:10 pm et

Archie Bunker
10-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Meh, I'd rather just stick with Gray/Thigpen at this point.

The Bad Guy
10-26-2008, 11:50 AM
They should sign Culpepper.

They need to turn over every stone.

What's the worst that can happen? He sucks and we cut him?

Sure-Oz
10-26-2008, 11:53 AM
They should sign Culpepper.

They need to turn over every stone.

What's the worst that can happen? He sucks and we cut him?

Agreed, i would like him to come in as well esp with our QB roster

RustShack
10-26-2008, 12:10 PM
According to Jay Glazer of FOX, Culpepper will be visiting the Chiefs on Tuesday. He’ll take a physical, and he possibly will sign a deal with the team.

It could be a multi-year package, which would prevent the Chiefs from using the tweak in the CBA that would allow them to pay Culpepper the veteran minimum for a tenth-year player (more than $800,000) at an actual (and cap) cost of less than $450,000.

Sure-Oz
10-26-2008, 01:17 PM
According to Jay Glazer of FOX, Culpepper will be visiting the Chiefs on Tuesday. He’ll take a physical, and he possibly will sign a deal with the team.

It could be a multi-year package, which would prevent the Chiefs from using the tweak in the CBA that would allow them to pay Culpepper the veteran minimum for a tenth-year player (more than $800,000) at an actual (and cap) cost of less than $450,000.
Watch them cancel the call since thigpen is having a good game

Brock
10-26-2008, 01:30 PM
Culpepper's a dildo. I don't want him anywhere near this team.

Chiefshrink
10-26-2008, 01:34 PM
I could stomach him for the rest of this year and 1/2 of next year as we groom our #1 pick. By week 6 of next season our #1 QB pick should be starting.

I agree. :thumb:

Coach
10-26-2008, 10:48 PM
So, does the Chiefs still need Culpepper after a solid showing by Thigpen?

SDChief
10-26-2008, 10:52 PM
So, does the Chiefs still need Culpepper after a solid showing by Thigpen?

I don't know. If playing Huard was a waste of time, wouldn't Culpepper be the same? is there any real upside? Maybe Thigpen is for real? We may never get to find out if we panic and sign some washed up guy. Nobody wants this guy and I bet there is a reason.

boogblaster
10-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Culsucker is a waste of time and money ... play Thiggy use Martin for back-up .. look for our new QBoTF in the next draft ... this season is a learning season now, so use it as that ... hell, play Martin too, see what he brings to the table ....

BWillie
10-27-2008, 01:19 AM
I don't know. If playing Huard was a waste of time, wouldn't Culpepper be the same? is there any real upside? Maybe Thigpen is for real? We may never get to find out if we panic and sign some washed up guy. Nobody wants this guy and I bet there is a reason.

Culpepper is 31 years old. Tom Brady is 31 years old.

SDChief
10-27-2008, 06:08 AM
Culpepper is 31 years old. Tom Brady is 31 years old.

well if we were talking about Tom Brady then I would be all for bringing him in. But this is Culpepper. He is a bomb throwing qb that the RAIDERS didn't want. Bellicheck would rather go with his high school qb than sign him. If we were going to sign him we should have done it when croyle went down. we are in a youth movement right? we get a qb to have a good game and then we want to run out and sign a has been. Just because he's the same age as Brady, doesn't mean he isn't done.

PastorMikH
10-27-2008, 08:18 AM
ESPN Sportcenters ticker just said that Culpepper will be in KC tommorow and that KC is willing to discuss a multi-year contract with him.

For two years we want to develop a QB. Yesterday Thiggy out plays Brett Favre. Now that we actually have a small light, we want to bring in a has-been.

:shrug:

RedThat
10-27-2008, 08:22 AM
ESPN Sportcenters ticker just said that Culpepper will be in KC tommorow and that KC is willing to discuss a multi-year contract with him.

For two years we want to develop a QB. Yesterday Thiggy out plays Brett Favre. Now that we actually have a small light, we want to bring in a has-been.

The only positive I can think of in this? The more QBs the Chiefs have the better?

That is of course because teh Chiefs can't keep their QBs healthy.

Chiefnj2
10-27-2008, 08:23 AM

It doesn't really make much sense. I'd much rather stick with Thigpen and Martin for the rest of the year.

SDChief
10-27-2008, 08:31 AM
probably Carl/Herm grasping at straws trying to get someone in here to get some wins. I dont' think Culpepper will help all that much. It's just kinda stupid, you see a little light from a young guy and they want to bring in someone they could have had in preseason. if you are going to sign some vets they should have went after some of the higher level FA linemen, that would have helped this offense a lot more than culpepper ever will

triple
10-27-2008, 08:33 AM
i have a source telling me culpepper was in KC this weekend and that there is a good chance he will be signed. take it for what it's worth.

SDChief
10-27-2008, 08:53 AM
well if Thigpen can keep it up then maybe he won't see the field. I doubt Culpepper will be ready for at least two weeks, if Thigpen can play like he did this week, it would be hard and stupid to take him out. Maybe culpepper can play lb????

PastorMikH
10-27-2008, 08:57 AM
well if Thigpen can keep it up then maybe he won't see the field. I doubt Culpepper will be ready for at least two weeks, if Thigpen can play like he did this week, it would be hard and stupid to take him out. Maybe culpepper can play lb????

Any chance of Dante being willing to back up Thiggy if Thiggy does well and actually gets some Ws while Dante is getting up to speed?

Somehow I doubt it.

Sure-Oz
10-27-2008, 08:57 AM
If culpepper is signed it will take atleast 2 weeks for him to get ready anyway

DeezNutz
10-27-2008, 09:00 AM
The Chiefs can promise Culpepper the world, but, once he signs, they don't necessarily have to follow through. That sounds like the Carl way, doesn't it?

PastorMikH
10-27-2008, 09:00 AM
On Dante,

Is he in any kind of real physical football shape right now? When he had all off season to get ready, and spring practices and camp to get ready for the hits it was one thing. He's had time off and wanting to come in behind our O-line. Will he be able to withstand the beating?

Sure-Oz
10-27-2008, 09:01 AM
The Chiefs can promise Culpepper the world, but, once he signs, they don't necessarily have to follow through. That sounds like the Carl way, doesn't it?
Very true, it's rumored it could be a multi-year type of deal he is seeking too....

I think the few weeks it takes him to get ready will be enough to determine if Sundays game was a fluke...I still think we need to draft a QB #1 and hope thiggy can be a backup for us and Daunte if he is decent

Hydrae
10-27-2008, 09:02 AM
Culpepper is a mobile QB (or at least used to be). Maybe he can be a good mentor type for Thigpen. :shrug:

SDChief
10-27-2008, 09:04 AM
Culpepper has done NOTHING unless he had chris carter and randy moss for receivers. He is over-rated and I don't see any reason to bring him in other than a last ditch effort to give some fans hope and get them to come out to arrowhead on sudays

triple
10-27-2008, 09:05 AM
Very true, it's rumored it could be a multi-year type of deal...

that is what I've heard.

DeezNutz
10-27-2008, 09:10 AM
Very true, it's rumored it could be a multi-year type of deal he is seeking too....

I think the few weeks it takes him to get ready will be enough to determine if Sundays game was a fluke...I still think we need to draft a QB #1 and hope thiggy can be a backup for us and Daunte if he is decent

Exactly. This is meaningful only so far as the team trying to find a viable backup/filler for the QB we draft this April. We should hope this is Stafford.

Chiefnj2
10-27-2008, 09:13 AM
The team finally made some progress yesterday and now we hear that they are going to go with Culpepper? MEh.

crazycoffey
10-27-2008, 09:14 AM
Thigpen played well and got the ball around to a few different recievers. That's what we need at QB right now, so other young players can develop too. If he keeps doing well I see no reason for Daunte. However if yesterday was a fluke, then we need an arm to do just what was done yesterday. It was good to see our new young TE doing pretty good. Seeing TG and Bowe getting some catches.

Sure-Oz
10-27-2008, 09:15 AM
if culpepper is signed, do they release Martin then?

SDChief
10-27-2008, 09:17 AM

or injury settlement/release with Downfield???

DeezNutz
10-27-2008, 09:20 AM

Nah. Gots to have a 3rd stringer.

Archie Bunker
10-27-2008, 09:24 AM

I'd guess so.

Thigpen
Culpepper
Gray

Hydrae
10-27-2008, 09:24 AM

Gray?

Sure-Oz
10-27-2008, 09:37 AM

We have Quinn Gray as well

I could see Martin get released and re-signed on the practice squad

DeezNutz
10-27-2008, 10:12 AM
We have Quinn Gray as well

I could see Martin get released and re-signed on the practice squad

My bad. How could I have forgotten about Gray?!?

Mr. Laz
10-27-2008, 10:16 AM
dunno ...... i think i would be tempted to give Thigpen more time.

Gray > Culpepper?

RustShack
10-27-2008, 10:25 AM
I think we should sign Culpepper. I doubt he starts right off anyways, so Thigpen will still have another game or two to prove his worth. I think Herm would be willing to let Dante air it out more, and I also think having a veteran QB like him would help keep us in more games and help the overall team develop more. Everyone is saying its because of Moss he was successful even though he had a bad line and running game, but we have Bowe, Gonzo, and Bradley(along with DVD and Franklin :p)Cottam even proved to be a good target yesterday, and don't forget about Charles in the backfield. Dante is actually a QB who might be able to help LJ more too. Also if we have the chance to draft Stafford, I would want to start Culpepper for another year to help show Stafford the ropes and mentor him.

Mr. Laz
10-27-2008, 10:50 AM
I think we should sign Culpepper. I doubt he starts right off anyways, so Thigpen will still have another game or two to prove his worth. I think Herm would be willing to let Dante air it out more, and I also think having a veteran QB like him would help keep us in more games and help the overall team develop more. Everyone is saying its because of Moss he was successful even though he had a bad line and running game, but we have Bowe, Gonzo, and Bradley(along with DVD and Franklin :p)Cottam even proved to be a good target yesterday, and don't forget about Charles in the backfield. Dante is actually a QB who might be able to help LJ more too. Also if we have the chance to draft Stafford, I would want to start Culpepper for another year to help show Stafford the ropes and mentor him.
apparently you have never seen Culpepper read a defense.

well to be honest, nobody has seen Culpepper read a defense. :shake:

The chiefs would immediately have to cut the field into half for each passing play because Culpepper can't read the entire field.

TommyHawk69
10-27-2008, 10:57 AM
at least he is big and could take the hits

Brock
10-27-2008, 10:58 AM

Culpepper's a big pussy. No, he can't take the hits.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-27-2008, 11:03 AM
The team finally made some progress yesterday and now we hear that they are going to go with Culpepper? MEh.

Progress? What? Dude, it was one game.

MIAdragon
10-27-2008, 11:03 AM

Have you seen him play!?:spock:

TommyHawk69
10-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Culpepper's a big pussy. No, he can't take the hits.

Just tryin to find something positive about it

Rausch
10-27-2008, 11:13 AM
We have 11ty BILLION dollars under the cap and no chance at any QB starting more than 6 week.

Sign him. If for no other reason than to give me a sunshine enema on gameday...

OnTheWarpath15
10-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Through all the suck, I've watched every minute of every game this season.

That will end the minute Culpepper takes a snap for this team.

Signing him doesn't help the team, it's a last-ditch effort to save the season from TV blackouts. Asses in seats, nothing more.

Thigpen should take every snap from here on out, sans injury or gross ineffectiveness.

Gray is more than capable as a #2.

There is no on-the-field benefit to be gained by signing a guy who hasn't played in a year, and hasn't been effective in over 4 years.

Message to Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards:

Fuck you.

triple
10-27-2008, 11:30 AM

Signing him doesn't help the team, it's a last-ditch effort to save the season from TV blackouts. Asses in seats, nothing more.

Thigpen should take every snap from here on out, sans injury or gross ineffectiveness.

There is no on-the-field benefit to be gained by signing a guy who hasn't played in a year, and hasn't been effective in over 4 years.

**** you.

agree 100%

PastorMikH
10-27-2008, 02:44 PM

**** you.

We may not agree on the 3 runs yesterday, but we agree completely on this one.

SDChief
10-27-2008, 02:55 PM

**** you.

this. x1000

runnercyclist
10-27-2008, 02:57 PM
agree 100%

...especially on that last part.

Sure-Oz
10-27-2008, 03:03 PM
Heard on 810 radio he is here today apparently...and possibly could sign on a longterm deal? I could see at worst a 2 year deal but longterm for a 31 year old QB? we'll see...

InChiefsHeaven
10-27-2008, 03:06 PM

I'd sooner watch Quinn Gray than Culpepper...

BigRock
10-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Gretz says they cancelled Culpepper's visit.

SAUTO
10-27-2008, 05:04 PM
great!!!

Sure-Oz
10-27-2008, 05:05 PM
www.bobgretz.com
Chiefs Update 10/27-No Daunte For Chiefs
October 27, 2008 - Bob Gretz |

From the Truman Sports Complex

The Chiefs have cancelled a visit by QB Daunte Culpepper to Kansas City on Tuesday and will move on with Tyler Thigpen as their quarterback.

Culpepper was scheduled to visit the Chiefs facilities for a workout and physical, but the plug was pulled on that visit Monday afternoon.

It was just part of the news surrounding the team on Monday, as RB Larry Johnson was formally charged with assault in Kansas City, Missouri for an incident at a Country Club Plaza nightclub during the bye week. Johnson spent approximately three hours in a holding cell at police headquarters before he posted $500 bond and was released.

Johnson headed for the airport, as he is scheduled to be in New York on Tuesday to meet with Commissioner Roger Goodell about his off-field problems. Whether and when Goodell might take disciplinary action against Johnson remains to be seen, but the fact that he’s been called the league office is an indication that a suspension is very possible.

On to football, where one of the items that’s a constant in the NFL is the roster juggle every week due to injury. The Chiefs figure to be doing more of that this week due to the ankle injury suffered by RB Jamaal Charles. No definitive word from team on how serious the injury is as Charles was undergoing an MRI exam on Monday. But the way Charles left Giants Stadium on Sunday it appears to be something that will keep him out for this weekend’s game against Tampa Bay, and maybe more games after that.

There’s probably a good chance that Jackie Battle will be elevated from the practice squad to the active roster. Right now, the Chiefs have just two healthy halfbacks: Kolby Smith and rookie Dantrell Savage.

The other injuries from Sunday’s game that will be watched this week are the groin injury suffered by S Jarrad Page and the quadriceps injury for CB Pat Surtain.

OnTheWarpath15
10-27-2008, 05:14 PM
Thank God.

Mr. Plow
10-27-2008, 05:16 PM
With Charles hurt, we may actually throw a bit more. Who am I kidding.....it's still Herm.

SAUTO
10-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Thank God.

boy we sure agree on this one buddy

Bwana
10-27-2008, 05:19 PM
Gretz says they cancelled Culpepper's visit.

Fan-Fricken-Tastic!!

I'm glad this outfit caught a clue on something.

Mr. Laz
10-27-2008, 05:42 PM
i bet this has almost as much to do with seeing Grey in practice as it does Thiggy

Sure-Oz
10-27-2008, 05:50 PM
So will he re-retire now? I know a few other clubs could use him as an emergency now

MahiMike
10-27-2008, 05:54 PM
No thanks. We have Gray already.

Sure-Oz
10-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Athan was on 38 the spot earlier tonight around 7:15 LIVE and was still expecting Daunte tomorrow, i thought he'd be all over this news? LOL No mention of a visit cancelled.

Sure-Oz
10-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Daunte Culpepper-QB-Raiders Oct. 27 - 8:34 pm et

The Chiefs have yet to schedule an interview with Daunte Culpepper and may choose not to bring in him at all, according to the Associated Press.
"That's not a done deal by any stretch of the imagination," Chiefs head coach Herm Edwards said of a potential Culpepper signing. The buzz heightened on this potential marriage last week when Culpepper unretired, but that was before Tyler Thigpen turned in a solid performance in Week 7. Factor in QB Quinn Gray already joining the team as a backup and the signs point to the Chiefs backing away.
Source: Associated Press

Bill Lundberg
10-27-2008, 08:19 PM
This is a great spin job by the Chiefs PR machine...

Don't get me wrong I'm happy about it but...

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reports that Daunte Culpepper has told the Chiefs he will not meet with the organization because of a "better opportunity with another team".

No word on the mystery team. While several teams are using suspect signal callers, hard to imagine any of them willing to meet Culpepper's reported contract demands, including a $10 million plus contract for 2009. The Chiefs are likely not upset following a strong Week 8 outing by rookie QB Tyler Thigpen.<!--QuoteEnd-->

Sure-Oz
10-27-2008, 08:22 PM
This is a great spin job by the Chiefs PR machine...

Don't get me wrong I'm happy about it but...

I saw that, wonder when this "mystery team" will sign him.ROFL

Big Chief Homer
11-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Per John Clayton on ESPN Culpepper agrees to 2 year deal with the Lions.

Heres hoping he gets them a win or 3 to help our draft slot.

Sam Hall
11-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Let's hope Calvin Johnson becomes his best friend.

OctoberFart
11-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Ha Ha! This washed up bum chose the LIONS over the QUEEFS. Wow how far Kansas Sh!tty has fallen.

teedubya
11-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Haha... No joke. That is hilarious.

Sure-Oz
11-01-2008, 05:36 PM
Go Culpepper kick some ass for them, you fuck

blueballs
11-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Minnesota - Miami
Oakland - Detroit
the pinball QB

OctoberFart