PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is anyone else without Direct Tv pissed you have to watch this team?

B_Ambuehl
10-23-2008, 03:22 PM
I get springfield area programming and emailed them today and bitched about having to watch this Chiefs team take another blowout when there's a much more interesting San diego/New Orleans game showing on the same network. Anyone else feel the same way?

To anyone in my area who gets springfield area programming and would also like to complain here is the email: dwasson@kolr10.com

This is what I wrote:

Hello,

I just checked my programming for this weekend and was disappointed that the San Diego/ New orleans game is not being shown yet the Chiefs game is. I am one of the biggest Chiefs fans around, but there's no sense wasting another Sunday watching this 1-5 football team with a 3rd string quarterback take another blowout loss when there are other much more interesting football games being shown at the same time on the same network. The local fox affiliate dumped their regular die hard broadcast of Rams games due to an 0-3 start and much more interesting NFC games being shown and I think it's more than past due that KOLR 10 does the same and makes an effort to broadcast quality football games rather than trying to appeal to a miniscule percentage of homers who, in response to not getting the Chiefs game on their local network, would most likely go find it at a local bar with DirecTV anyway.

regards

Bill Lundberg
10-23-2008, 03:24 PM
If they get blacked out we can watch real football right??

Reerun_KC
10-23-2008, 03:24 PM
I watch it for the comical value....

Its like watching a bad wreck...

Rain Man
10-23-2008, 03:26 PM
You're going to feel really bad if you miss the start of a historic 13-game winning streak. Thigpenmania is about to begin.

Skip Towne
10-23-2008, 03:28 PM
I watch it for the comical value....

Its like watching a bad wreck...

Or an airplane crash.

Riley Odoms 88
10-23-2008, 03:30 PM
This team is so bad I jump up cheer when they run for a three yard gain, or hold the opponents to a five yard run.

ChiefsCountry
10-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Screw that, I'm still a Chiefs fan and even if they suck I still will watch them. Hell I stuck around with the Royals.

Skip Towne
10-23-2008, 03:34 PM
No, if they black us out we will be treated to 1930's movies. In living black and white.

CupidStunt
10-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Screw that, I'm still a Chiefs fan and even if they suck I still will watch them. Hell I stuck around with the Royals.

They're boring as shit to watch. No less of a Chiefs fan if you don't subject yourself to a three-hour long embarrassment that will put you to sleep at the same time.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2008, 03:37 PM
This team is so bad I jump up cheer when they run for a three yard gain, or hold the opponents to a five yard run.

Who the fuck is this idiot?

Riley Odoms 88
10-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Who the **** is this idiot?

Why the hostility? Who pissed in your Wheaties?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-23-2008, 03:39 PM

We've had a lot of dumbasses lately. It's about that time of the moon for another Marlboro sighting.

Buzz
10-23-2008, 03:43 PM

Quick! Kill yourself now!

B_Ambuehl
10-23-2008, 03:57 PM
I would still like to watch the Chiefs games but not at the expense of missing out on other quality football games. Everyone knows this game against the Jets will be over by the end of the 1st quarter.

Bearcat
10-23-2008, 04:10 PM
At the beginning of the season I thought, crap, I'm going to be stuck watching Lions games all season.

Well, that joke pretty much wraps itself up.

smittysbar
10-23-2008, 04:12 PM
I want to see them. No matter how bad it is, it is kinda funny to watch anymore.

sedated
10-23-2008, 04:13 PM

agreed.

I'm no bandwagon pussy. The Chiefs are my team, good times and bad.

ChiefsCountry
10-23-2008, 04:30 PM
Ironcially the starter is wrong about the Rams getting dumped after the start. That game was on CBS and they didnt have a doubleheader weekend, the Chiefs-Donks was shown instead. All other Rams games have been shown.

B_Ambuehl
10-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Maybe you get different programming than me or you're talking about a station other than FOX but this year every time it's come down to the Rams or Cowboys game on FOX they've shown the Cowboys game. They're doing it again this weekend. Rams are scheduled to play the Pats at noon. Cowboys are scheduled to play the Bucs. In every year past they would have shown the Rams game, but now they're showing the Cowboys. KOLR 10 needs to get with the program and do the same thing.

SAUTO
10-23-2008, 05:54 PM

Me too, and i have springfield programming also. i will be FUCKING PISSED IF THEY TAKE AWAY THE CHIEFS ANY WEEK. fuck san diego AND new orleans.

SAUTO
10-23-2008, 05:59 PM
I get springfield area programming and emailed them today and bitched about having to watch this Chiefs team take another blowout when there's a much more interesting San diego/New Orleans game showing on the same network. Anyone else feel the same way?

To anyone in my area who gets springfield area programming and would also like to complain here is the email: dwasson@kolr10.com

This is what I wrote:

Hello,

I just checked my programming for this weekend and was disappointed that the San Diego/ New orleans game is not being shown yet the Chiefs game is. I am one of the biggest Chiefs fans around, but there's no sense wasting another Sunday watching this 1-5 football team with a 3rd string quarterback take another blowout loss when there are other much more interesting football games being shown at the same time on the same network. The local fox affiliate dumped their regular die hard broadcast of Rams games due to an 0-3 start and much more interesting NFC games being shown and I think it's more than past due that KOLR 10 does the same and makes an effort to broadcast quality football games rather than trying to appeal to a miniscule percentage of homers who, in response to not getting the Chiefs game on their local network, would most likely go find it at a local bar with DirecTV anyway.

regards

you know thinking more about this why dont YOU go to a fucking sports bar to watch the SD-NO game.

ncCHIEFfan
10-23-2008, 06:18 PM
ya know what is really funny, I am paying D-TV a lot of money( money I really don't have to waist) so I can watch this team!:(

Buzz
10-23-2008, 06:23 PM
ya know what is really funny, I am paying D-TV a lot of money( money I really don't have to waist) so I can watch this team!:(

With the right amount of foil on both your head and rabbit ears and the proper alignment of said rabbit ears you just might save a few bucks?

:shrug:

ChiefsCountry
10-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Maybe you get different programming than me or you're talking about a station other than FOX but this year every time it's come down to the Rams or Cowboys game on FOX they've shown the Cowboys game. They're doing it again this weekend. Rams are scheduled to play the Pats at noon. Cowboys are scheduled to play the Bucs. In every year past they would have shown the Rams game, but now they're showing the Cowboys. KOLR 10 needs to get with the program and do the same thing.

Nope the tv guide for Springfield shows Rams at Patriots. They have shown every Rams game this year.
http://ozarksfirst.com/content/whatson
http://listings2go.tvguide.com/PartnerGrid/Grids/closerlook.aspx?Qr=1130553&S=13919&N=2&cl=KSFXH&DT=10/26/2008 12:00&cc=&SID=62157&PartnerID=199&ProfileID=945