PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Wizard's First Rule: "Legend of the Seeker" coming November 1st

Braincase
10-23-2008, 09:32 PM
KcMizzou originally brought this up last January. Looks like it's coming to the small screen a week from Saturday.

Link (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844653/)

WGN

unlurking
10-24-2008, 04:45 AM
Done by Disney?!?!

WTF?!?!

I'm guessing that scene with the red leather outfits and torture is gone. :Shake:

Hammock Parties
10-24-2008, 08:40 AM
Shitty LOTR ripoff.

cookster50
10-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Lol, not even close to a LOTR story. Go away.

Fish
10-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Wizard's First Rule: People are Stupid!

cookster50
10-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Wizard's First Rule: Clayton is Stupid!

FYP

Basileus777
10-24-2008, 01:08 PM
I wonder how they will fit in all of Goodkind's crazy rants about objectivism in it. I suppose they'll just ignore it.

Braincase
10-24-2008, 08:54 PM
FYP

That's "Planeteer's First Rule".

To be honest, I don't question his intellect. His wisdom, however, is definitely suspect.

keg in kc
11-02-2008, 11:06 AM
You know, I expected it to be horrible, but it wasn't all that bad for a syndicated show.

Hammock Parties
11-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Lol, not even close to a LOTR story. Go away.

It's not about the story. I could tell just from the trailers. The tone and characters of the show were total LOTR ripoffs. It's OK, it's been happening for years now. Tons of shitty LOTR ripoffs with generic fantasy stories have been coming out. It's a cash grab. Enjoy it if that's your thing.

Actually I should say it's more of a Peter Jackson ripoff, not a LOTR ripoff. They're emulating the way he directed the films more than anything.

Basileus777
11-02-2008, 11:33 AM
It's not about the story. I could tell just from the trailers. The tone and characters of the show were total LOTR ripoffs. It's OK, it's been happening for years now. Tons of shitty LOTR ripoffs with generic fantasy stories have been coming out. It's a cash grab. Enjoy it if that's your thing.

Actually I should say it's more of a Peter Jackson ripoff, not a LOTR ripoff. They're emulating the way he directed the films more than anything.

There are tons of generic LOTR ripoffs out there, Goodkind just isn't one of them, unless you are accusing every fantasy writer of being a Tolkien ripoff. Goodkind is a different sort of hack, he mostly copies Robert Robert and Ayn Rand.

keg in kc
11-02-2008, 01:01 PM
He was talking about the look, not the story.

And it was shot in New Zealand, although there are things in the production derivative of other series (stop motion action sequences primarily). Either way it does in some ways look like Jackson's films.

But that's about it...

unlurking
11-02-2008, 01:29 PM
As soon as the Mord-Sith lesbian scene begins, you can begin discussing the inadequacies of Peter Jackson directed films.

That is unless, you prefer the homoerotic (or would that be hobbierotic) scenes?

cookster50
11-06-2008, 08:05 AM
Finally got to see it. Man, I can't believe they would make so many changes to the basic relationships between people. I can't understand how that will help with a "tv" audience. I understand they can't follow the books to a 't', but to have Richard not even really know Zedd? Have Kahlan bring the book? Stu pid.

unlurking
11-07-2008, 05:20 AM
Great. I'm expecting it to suck, so I'm holding out hope for Ice & Fire on HBO.

oaklandhater
11-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Great. I'm expecting it to suck, so I'm holding out hope for Ice & Fire on HBO.

One day HBO will get off there asses and redo the Stand like they said they were going to.

KcMizzou
11-07-2008, 10:56 AM
One day HBO will get off there asses and redo the Stand like they said they were going to.That would be sweet.

Let's update "It" while we're at it.