PDA

View Full Version : Video Games FABLE 2 IS ADDICTIVE AS FUCK

Ultra Peanut
10-24-2008, 03:05 AM
HOLY FUCK IT IS SO FUCKING ADDICTIVE

GoTrav
10-24-2008, 09:25 AM
did you finish Saints Row 2? I'm trying to decide on getting Fable 2 or not. Fallout 3 is next week then we have GoW2 on Nov 7th...too many games and not enough time =(

Basileus777
10-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Its definitely addicting. Its one of those rare games that you end up thinking about what you are going to do next even when you aren't playing.

Kraus
10-24-2008, 11:41 AM
I get sidetracked way too easily. I just end up running around the towns, buying property, working jobs, and looking for Gargoyles. I've hardly even started on the main story quest.

The Franchise
10-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Is it longer than the first one? I'm waiting to hear about it before I go buy it.

Basileus777
10-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Is it longer than the first one? I'm waiting to hear about it before I go buy it.

Its longer, but its still a rather short game for an rpg. You can complete everything in the game in 30 hours.

Frazod
10-24-2008, 12:29 PM
I get sidetracked way too easily. I just end up running around the towns, buying property, working jobs, and looking for Gargoyles. I've hardly even started on the main story quest.

What do you do with the gargoyles - just shoot them?

I guess that's where all the rude comments keep coming from. Obnoxious bastards. :D

Kraus
10-24-2008, 12:36 PM
What do you do with the gargoyles - just shoot them?

I guess that's where all the rude comments keep coming from. Obnoxious bastards. :D

Yup. I didn't even realize what they were at first. I just thought it was some weird person saying stuff. Then it happened to me when I was in the middle of nowhere.

xbarretx
10-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Its longer, but its still a rather short game for an rpg. You can complete everything in the game in 30 hours.

thats the reason ill wait on this one. im having lots of fun regoing through Resistance 1 on my ps3 so no big deal.

Fable 1 rocked so 2 should be no surprise, i just fear that the replay value drops faster than the "Disney Stock Slide"

Frazod
10-24-2008, 01:11 PM
thats the reason ill wait on this one. im having lots of fun regoing through Resistance 1 on my ps3 so no big deal.

Fable 1 rocked so 2 should be no surprise, i just fear that the replay value drops faster than the "Disney Stock Slide"

Hell, I could happily play through the first Fable after finishing the second one. I've played through it several times over the years. Admittedly, I may be more inclined to do that than most, however.

xbarretx
10-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Hell, I could happily play through the first Fable after finishing the second one. I've played through it several times over the years. Admittedly, I may be more inclined to do that than most, however.

it was fun, but once you go all good and all bad and middle of the road...what is there left to do? i already went and got all the good gear so for me "the thrill was gone"

no harm Fraz, more power to you. im that way with Chrono Trigger and FF7

Mr. Laz
10-24-2008, 02:15 PM
30 hours

yikes .... that's short

Fire Me Boy!
10-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Loving it so far.

Braincase
10-24-2008, 07:26 PM
I've got Fable in the box here, never been opened. Should I take a peek?

Frazod
10-24-2008, 09:46 PM
I've got Fable in the box here, never been opened. Should I take a peek?

Absolutely. Especially if it's Fable The Lost Chapters (upgrade from the original game which was rather short).

Basileus777
10-25-2008, 12:03 PM
I have 49 silver keys and 48 gargoyles...I think I am going to go crazy looking for the last ones....

Kraus
10-25-2008, 10:25 PM
I have 49 silver keys and 48 gargoyles...I think I am going to go crazy looking for the last ones....

Luckily you can see what region they are in using the menus.

keg in kc
10-27-2008, 12:11 PM
I couldn't make it through the first one. Which is rare for me with an RPG.

Maybe if it ever comes out on PC I'll take a look. I spend too much on gaming as is, I don't need to be picking up a console.

Frazod
11-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Looks like everyone else moved on to Fallout, but I decided to finish Fable first.

Overall great game. Mostly ups, a few downs, but very solid. I completed the main quest and then finally burned out on the extra stuff (I found all the gargoyles, but crapped out on the silver keys).

Definitely worth the money. :thumb:

Now, on to Fallout.

JBucc
11-08-2008, 07:00 PM
I finished it once and a half times last week. Played through completely as evil, the halfway though part as good then had to return it. It was good but not as good as I expected it would be. I thought the social parts were really boring. I got one wife then quit bothering with it and just started killing everyone I saw, including her.

The main story started a little slow, got really good, then ended way too fast after you find Reaver. I didn't like how you couldn't be evil at the end and still had to save the world, even if you were an evil fuck up to that point. I wanted to either join Luicen or take the spire for myself or something. The only "evil" choice you have at the end is to take the money, which I had no use for. The Perfect Day part also made little sense if you were evil.

Also, Theresa was a little too close to Kreia from Kotor II.

Combat was good, I wish there more more unique weapons and things.

The dog was nice.

Frazod
11-08-2008, 07:07 PM
I finished it once and a half times last week. Played through completely as evil, the halfway though part as good then had to return it. It was good but not as good as I expected it would be. I thought the social parts were really boring. I got one wife then quit bothering with it and just started killing everyone I saw, including her.

The main story started a little slow, got really good, then ended way too fast after you find Reaver. I didn't like how you couldn't be evil at the end and still had to save the world, even if you were an evil fuck up to that point. I wanted to either join Luicen or take the spire for myself or something. The only "evil" choice you have at the end is to take the money, which I had no use for. The Perfect Day part also made little sense if you were evil.

Also, Theresa was a little too close to Kreia from Kotor II.

Combat was good, I wish there more more unique weapons and things.

The dog was nice.

Agreed. I played mostly good. Perhaps I'll play through it again evil.