PDA

View Full Version : Science Isiah Thomas OD's

Robo-Chachi
10-24-2008, 02:22 PM
BREAKING NEWS
NBCSports.com news services
updated 6 minutes ago
PURCHASE, N.Y. - Former Knicks president and coach Isiah Thomas was taken to a hospital in an unconscious but breathing state after overdosing on sleeping pills in his suburban New York home early Friday, NBC News reports.

Harrison Police Department officer Vincent Lanzillotti says an ambulance responded to the 911 call, but he declined to give any details, except to say a person was taken to White Plains Hospital.

Barry Watkins, vice president of communications for Madison Square Garden, told The Journal News newspaper, “Isiah is fine.”

Thomas was fired as Knicks president and coach last April, but he is still a consultant with the team. He had a 56-108 record in two seasons as coach.

More details to come on this breaking news story.

Demonpenz
10-24-2008, 02:23 PM
rick mahorn!!!!

Brock
10-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Was he dating one of the Olson twins?

Demonpenz
10-24-2008, 02:26 PM
who had Zeke on their death pool?

Rooster
10-24-2008, 02:27 PM

ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
10-24-2008, 02:35 PM

Fucking awesome!!! LMAO

dirk digler
10-24-2008, 02:36 PM

LMAO

triple
10-24-2008, 02:38 PM
overdosed on shellfish at red lobster no doubt

gblowfish
10-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Quick, rush Magic to the hospital to give him the kiss of life!!!

Sure-Oz
10-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Update: Isiah says his daughter OD'd, not him

Marbury
Reached at home by the New York Post, Isiah Thomas said it was his 17-year-old daughter who recently overdosed on sleeping pills, not himself as previously reported.
"None of us are OK," Thomas said. "My daughter is very down right now." He added that the incident "wasn't an overdose" and had occurred at school. Curiously, the police report cited a "47-year-old male" (Thomas is 47) as being the victim of the overdose. We're not sure why the reports are conflicting, but hopefully it will be cleared up soon...if it turns out Thomas is falsely pinning this on his daughter, his last shred of credibility will vanish. Oct. 24 - 5:42 pm et
Source: NBA.com

Reaper16
10-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Masterstroke.

Dylan
10-24-2008, 04:14 PM
He threw his daughter under the bus? I had no idea that she's 47 years old.

DJ's left nut
10-24-2008, 04:18 PM
I don't really care if it's his daughter or not, shouldn't he fall on his sword here?

Dylan
10-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Marbury
Reached at home by the New York Post, Isiah Thomas said it was his 17-year-old daughter who recently overdosed on sleeping pills, not himself as previously reported.

well, that's one way of putting it -- i guess. Did Marbury say all that?

trust me, no one gives a $hit if they're a Knicks fan.

Sure-Oz
10-25-2008, 01:47 AM
Report: Police say Thomas is lying

Marbury
David Hall, police chief for the town of Harrison outside New York City, disputed Thomas' claim about his daughter with regard to previous reports about an overdose involving sleeping pills.
"I understand that this person claims it was his daughter; he is lying," Hall told The New York Times. "It was definitely not his daughter, it was a male. We know the difference between a 47-year-old black male and a young black female." This sure looks bad for Thomas, who if you believe police has drawn his family into an ugly public drama for no apparent (good) reason. Oct. 25 - 3:14 am et
Source: Foxsports.com