PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How many of you are actively rooting against the Chiefs now?

Hammock Parties
10-24-2008, 07:42 PM
It's gotten so bad that now I want us to get our ass handed to us every week as bad as possible. The most excitement I got out of last week's game was Chris Johnson tearing it up for my fantasy team. But I was actually pissed off when we scored. I really wanted to see Herm get shut out two weeks in a row.

I was super pissed when he kicked that pussy field goal and just as mad when Thigpen scrambed in for 6. Fuck that shit. Where's your run-run-ass-cunt offense when we need it, Herm? It's too bad Huard got hurt, we might have put up that goose egg. Oh, and I couldn't BELIEVE that Titans defender dropped that easy interception. Lame.

In short, J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/2283/ed2zh3.jpg (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1174)

Bwana
10-24-2008, 07:47 PM
As me that question the last game of the season, if the #1 draft pick is on the line. :)

Skip Towne
10-24-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm rooting against them passively. I don't cheer as hard for them and I don't much care when the other team scores.

chiefs1111
10-24-2008, 07:50 PM
i dont think we have to root for them to lose,they can do that on their own just fine

Cntrygal
10-24-2008, 07:51 PM
I'd like the Chiefs to beat the Jets. :D

FAX
10-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Let's put it this way. I'd be more excited about seeing Mr. RedNeckRaider make it to 10,020 posts than see the Chiefs win another game under Herm if it means he is fired.

Anything ... anything that would get rid of Herm faster is what I'm for. He is killing my enjoyment of the Chiefs.

FAX

Bwana
10-24-2008, 07:54 PM
Anything ... anything that would get rid of Herm faster is what I'm for. He is killing my enjoyment of the Chiefs.

FAX

What FAX said.

Skip Towne
10-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Let's put it this way. I'd be more excited about seeing Mr. RedNeckRaider make it to 10,020 posts than see the Chiefs win another game under Herm if it means he is fired.

FAX

That's a factor of why I don't mind losing. The top pick is another. Two very good reasons to lose. We don't dare draft a QB with Herm still around.

FringeNC
10-24-2008, 07:55 PM
I admit. I root for them to get crushed. In fact, I can't understand how anyone who wants Herm and Carl gone could do anything else.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-24-2008, 07:57 PM
If not scoring a point for the next 5 weeks will get Herm fired, I'll root for us to put up negative points.

luv
10-24-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm certainly not rooting for them to lose. However, I'm sad to say I'm not sorry when they do. I hope to see our rookies show promise, even with the lack of leadership.

cdcox
10-24-2008, 08:05 PM
I root for the Chiefs with all my heart every week.

I want the very best for them.

Which means they get a new coach, a new GM, and a draft pick that can land a francise QB.

Which means they need to lose.

You are not a TRUE FAN unless you want them to lose every game.

ElGringo
10-24-2008, 08:06 PM
I like to think if I could root for them to lose, now would be the time. However, it is just too hard to go against 30 years of training, rooting for the Chiefs to win is all I know how to do.

Hammock Parties
10-24-2008, 08:07 PM
I think the only caveat to this is I won't be disappointed if they win. I don't mind the young players experiencing winning and deep down it is satisfying, especially since we are total underdogs right now.

oaklandhater
10-24-2008, 08:10 PM
I root for the Chiefs with all my heart every week.

I want the very best for them.

Which means they get a new coach, a new GM, and a draft pick that can land a francise QB.

Which means they need to lose.

You are not a TRUE FAN unless you want them to lose every game.

QFT

Manila-Chief
10-24-2008, 08:23 PM
That's a factor of why I don't mind losing. The top pick is another. Two very good reasons to lose. We don't dare draft a QB with Herm still around.

Skip is correct ... top pick and Hermie gone. Plus, I especially don't want Herm even in the state if we draft a QB.

I was conflicted until Brodie got hurt. I want another high draft pick ... but, I wanted us to develop our own QBOTF and he would have had to win in order to develop. Now, there is no reason to hope for wins.

GoChiefs, I like that about not scoring a point. Make it as bad as possible. I'm afraid Clark will use the injuried QB issue as an excuse to keep Kingless/Herm around for another season. So, if they score few points and lose the rest of the games, just maybe Clark will use a shovel and clean out all the offices.

Ebolapox
10-24-2008, 08:27 PM
I'm rooting against them passively. I don't cheer as hard for them and I don't much care when the other team scores.

that's kinda where I am. I watch and am happy when we play well, but when we inevitably suck ass, I laugh at our ineptitude.

Sure-Oz
10-24-2008, 08:36 PM
I'm rooting for them to lose but with dignity...if they win im not too poed either...but there better be progress...

I am rooting for opposing teams players for Fantasy purposes

Bugeater
10-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Right now I feel the same about Herm as I did Bill Callahan last year. The sight of him makes my skin crawl, and the sound of his voice makes me want to break things. If getting our asses kicked means he's gone, then JUST LOSE BABY!

Mr. Laz
10-24-2008, 08:42 PM
meh ...... i wouldn't go so far as "rooting against"

but i sure hope all the other crappy teams win games

i don't go into games expecting to win

:shrug:

Ultra Peanut
10-24-2008, 08:42 PM
sup

Reerun_KC
10-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Right now I feel the same about Herm as I did Bill Callahan last year. The sight of him makes my skin crawl, and the sound of his voice makes me want to break things. If getting our asses kicked means he's gone, then JUST LOSE BABY!

QFT, except for the Callahan part....

ChiefsCountry
10-24-2008, 08:44 PM
There is no way I can root for the Chiefs to lose, but I have no expectations of them winning anything this year so it doesnt really bother me if they do.

Psyko Tek
10-24-2008, 08:45 PM
not so much rooting against, as betting against

Reerun_KC
10-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Rooting for the players to develop despite Herm...

Rooting for Herm to continue to fail the team and franchise.. So far havent been disappointed and pretty much spot on with my opnions of Herm.

Braincase
10-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Rooting? Never, but I am in a pick'em league at work, with ranked picks. Jets > Chiefs is one of my heavier ranked picks. I'm not saying I want them to lose, but I believe they will. I'm just hoping they put up more than a fight than I've seen the last couple of games.

TEX
10-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Herm has ruined my passion for Chiefs Football. I'm for anything that gets him out of town ASAP and I have been since the SECOND he was named HC. I don't even watch the games anymore and won't until he's gone.

TEX
10-24-2008, 09:02 PM
not so much rooting against, as betting against

Exactly - only covered twice all season. It's as close to a sure thing that there is.

Spott
10-24-2008, 09:02 PM
I was actually disappointed when we beat Denver. I was really hoping for 0-16 so Carl & Herm could have that on their resume.

StcChief
10-24-2008, 09:04 PM
J-E-T-S break Favre's leg.

StcChief
10-24-2008, 09:06 PM
not so much rooting against, as betting againstat this point....everybody that knows about Football\
question is the spread.

el borracho
10-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Meh. The Chiefs don't really merit much enthusiasm one way or another this year.

I always root for the win but when the game is already lost in the 2nd or 3rd quarter I do get a small smile knowing it will cost Herm, et al their jobs.

Farzin
10-24-2008, 10:02 PM
I love how GoChiefs was talking about how people need to be "true fans" and they should root for their team. Now he's coming on here changing his mind. Although it shouldn't surprise anyone...

Hammock Parties
10-24-2008, 10:06 PM
I love how GoChiefs was talking about how people need to be "true fans" and they should root for their team. Now he's coming on here changing his mind.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said that.

Logical
10-24-2008, 10:27 PM
No but I am no longer the least bit upset when they lose. I expect it now. I am very dissappointed the young players seem to not be all that good and are definitely not developing. Poor HC, poor DC, poor OC and that f*ckin Dick Curl are to be blamed IMO

Logical
10-24-2008, 10:32 PM
meh ...... i wouldn't go so far as "rooting against"

but i sure hope all the other crappy teams win games

i don't go into games expecting to win

:shrug:

I do root for all the other bad teams to win, I want the 2nd pick in the draft not the top pick.

10-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Not rooting against them. Just don't care if they lose.

Now, on the other hand, if the Chiefs-Bengals game is for the Number 1 slot in the draft, I will be pissed if we win that one.

KcMizzou
10-24-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm a Chief's fan. I'm beaten down, bruised all to hell.. but I don't root against them.

ClevelandBronco
10-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Well, I want to see you guys get a number three pick behind Detroit and Cincy (at best), but that's kind of understandable.

So I'm kind of rooting for you now and rooting against you in the spring.

How do I vote?

luv
10-24-2008, 11:27 PM
Well, I want to see you guys get a number three pick behind Detroit and Cincy (at best), but that's kind of understandable.

So I'm kind of rooting for you now and rooting against you in the spring.

How do I vote?

Don't make me manhandle you.

Tribal Warfare
10-24-2008, 11:39 PM
I'm not rooting for the Chiefs to lose, but rather Carl and Herm to get shitcanned for ineptitude.

ClevelandBronco
10-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Don't make me manhandle you.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, you don't even have a man handle.

KCFalcon59
10-24-2008, 11:48 PM
With Herm coaching we don't have to root against them.

Smed1065
10-25-2008, 12:03 AM
It's gotten so bad that now I want us to get our ass handed to us every week as bad as possible. The most excitement I got out of last week's game was Chris Johnson tearing it up for my fantasy team. But I was actually pissed off when we scored. I really wanted to see Herm get shut out two weeks in a row.

I was super pissed when he kicked that pussy field goal and just as mad when Thigpen scrambed in for 6. Fuck that shit. Where's your run-run-ass-cunt offense when we need it, Herm? It's too bad Huard got hurt, we might have put up that goose egg. Oh, and I couldn't BELIEVE that Titans defender dropped that easy interception. Lame.

In short, J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/2283/ed2zh3.jpg (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1174)

Besides draft pick, Fuck you.

Last week you said why LJ, now it BS thread like always... Did LJ lose another Playbook but now you can respond without a cover up?

The team deserves what they get because of the way theyare treated .

10-25-2008, 12:06 AM
With Herm coaching we don't have to root against them.

But, but, but.... Herm knows what he's doing.:shake:

Fish
10-25-2008, 12:11 AM
I'm a Chief's fan. I'm beaten down, bruised all to hell.. but I don't root against them.

This.

Demonpenz
10-25-2008, 12:31 AM
I want them to get embarrassed so I can take all that coach speak about Herm..how he is Defensive guy, how his players play hard yadda yadda yadda and shove it right back herms and carls ass sideways. This is america. You should be fired if you not only can't do your job well, but you are causing the entire business to look like a mother fucking farce. Fuck you

Rausch
10-25-2008, 12:42 AM
Nope.

No way in hell.

I'll cheer against Herm, Carl, and the other goofs ruining the team but not the final score...

blueballs
10-25-2008, 12:53 AM
YOU DO REALIZE WHO HAS TO SIGN
THAT NUMBER ONE PICK
RIGHT

SPATCH
10-25-2008, 01:24 AM
i have become frighteningly indifferent when it comes to the outcomes of the games... and i don't like it...

but i've come to accept what this team is..... it's a rebuilding team. and, hopefully, it'll make it that much sweeter when we've got another winner

KcMizzou
10-25-2008, 01:38 AM
Nope.

No way in hell.

I'll cheer against Herm, Carl, and the other goofs ruining the team but not the final score...Right, because, in the end... you're not a pussy.

Hating Carl, Herm... that's been earned. Completely understandable. It's still the Chiefs.

Switching teams is for 12 yr olds.

okcchief
10-25-2008, 02:05 AM
I wouldn't say I root against them. I just want Herm and Carl the fuck out. So whatever that takes.

milkman
10-25-2008, 04:19 AM
I do root for all the other bad teams to win, I want the 2nd pick in the draft not the top pick.

Why?

CupidStunt
10-25-2008, 04:25 AM
I am rooting for a few players, and against everything and everyone else. Perfect scenario has always been those few players improving and looking legit, while the team, undoubtedly because of Herm and Carl, fails. Hunt finally sees it and cans both of them.

raybec 4
10-25-2008, 05:20 AM
Never.
I am not a fan of the Harm era but I will alwaysroot for the Chiefs to win. I don't care who is coaching if we could just win.

JuicesFlowing
10-25-2008, 07:14 AM
That last game against Cinci should be a real beauty. I bet Cinci will be 0-15 and they'll crush us.

PhillyChiefFan
10-25-2008, 07:20 AM
It is very hard to do so, but yes...I am.

I want the entire coaching staff out, save Gailey, only because I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming Herm won't allow him to open up the playbook.

PhillyChiefFan
10-25-2008, 07:22 AM
That last game against Cinci should be a real beauty. I bet Cinci will be 0-15 and they'll crush us.

well OBVIOUSLY...we will have our scrubs in, resting the starters for the playoffs. :D

milkman
10-25-2008, 07:24 AM
well OBVIOUSLY...we will have our scrubs in, resting the starters for the playoffs. :D

You mean rehabbing for next year.

PhillyChiefFan
10-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Never.
I am not a fan of the Harm era but I will alwaysroot for the Chiefs to win. I don't care who is coaching if we could just win.

I understand and applaud your resolve.

However, my view is this: Our season is already in the tank, our coach (es) are, in a word...awful, our front office seems to want the Chiefs to lose (think Major League), and we have NO viable QB.

There are only a few, and I mean a few, good QB's committed to the NFL draft. And we need one very badly.

I would like Stafford or Bradford (though Bradford hasn't declared), but the Lions need a QB like I need my liver also, so that puts us at a significant disadvantage to draft a TRUE QBOTF.

Unless we "earn" it (as I use the term I cringe), the Lions will surely get the first pick and take the QB we desperately need.

I am a diehard Chiefs fan, as said Diehard Fan, I want what is best for our team. And, IMHO we need a good, young QB that doesn't break like a China dinner plate everytime a DE sneezes. Therefore, we need this pick...and most likely many more after it, but a top pick is necessary.

and I truly HATE saying that.

PhillyChiefFan
10-25-2008, 07:35 AM
You mean rehabbing for next year.

sadly...yes :doh!:

milkman
10-25-2008, 07:41 AM
I would like Stafford or Bradford (though Bradford hasn't declared), but the Lions need a QB like I need my liver also, so that puts us at a significant disadvantage to draft a TRUE QBOTF.

Bradford, with a couple of years on the bench might be the perfect Jon Gruden QB.

He's not a guy that can come into the NFL, start right away, or play in just any system.

PhillyChiefFan
10-25-2008, 07:57 AM
Bradford, with a couple of years on the bench might be the perfect Jon Gruden QB.

He's not a guy that can come into the NFL, start right away, or play in just any system.

No, he couldn't play right away, and I believe history has proven that bringing a QB directly into an NFL system doesn't always work out (for the most part).

I am thinking down the road to the 2010 season, if he can come along and learn, really learn the system and we have the time to build up a good offensive line in the meantime, I believe he can be great.

The only thing that sucks is that it wouldn't be a solution for next season. But nothing should be anyways if we are still in the building process. get a FA QB that can lead the team this year, and focus on building the QBOTF up like Aaron Rodgers, without the 3 seasons on the bench.

A better coach, a better line, and some defensive pressure, we could be a much better team by the time Bradford/Stafford took the field.

The only reason I don't want to see us take Bradford next year is because then his learning curve would be one year behind and we would be one more season away from a balanced/good team with a well prepared QB.

milkman
10-25-2008, 08:19 AM
No, he couldn't play right away, and I believe history has proven that bringing a QB directly into an NFL system doesn't always work out (for the most part).

I am thinking down the road to the 2010 season, if he can come along and learn, really learn the system and we have the time to build up a good offensive line in the meantime, I believe he can be great.

The only thing that sucks is that it wouldn't be a solution for next season. But nothing should be anyways if we are still in the building process. get a FA QB that can lead the team this year, and focus on building the QBOTF up like Aaron Rodgers, without the 3 seasons on the bench.

A better coach, a better line, and some defensive pressure, we could be a much better team by the time Bradford/Stafford took the field.

The only reason I don't want to see us take Bradford next year is because then his learning curve would be one year behind and we would be one more season away from a balanced/good team with a well prepared QB.

The thing is that Bradford limits you to a certain philosophy on offense.
Drafting him pretty much dictates a west coast offense.

It also dictates that you have to get another QB to start for a couple of seasons before you can get Bradford out on the field.

It also leaves you hoping that he can transition to a pro style offense, and that is certainly not gauranteed.

Stafford already plays in a pro style offense, has a stronger arm and has shown he can carry a team.

He also doesn't limit your options on offense, and with a couple of changes on the O-Line, he could start right away if needed.

By the end of the season and the evaluation process, Stafford will be considered a better prospect than Ryan was last year.

ZepSinger
10-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Herm has ruined my passion for Chiefs Football. I'm for anything that gets him out of town ASAP and I have been since the SECOND he was named HC. I don't even watch the games anymore and won't until he's gone.

Same here. I watched 1/2 of one game last year, and haven't watched any this year. The passion is pretty much gone. Thanks Herm.

Z

Reerun_KC
10-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Same here. I watched 1/2 of one game last year, and haven't watched any this year. The passion is pretty much gone. Thanks Herm.

Z

dont feel bad Z, Herm hasnt watched that many either... Unless he has the game tapes....

GoTrav
10-25-2008, 09:00 AM
I'm rooting for Carl and Herm to get sh1t-canned...so I guess I'm rooting against the Chiefs.

JuicesFlowing
10-25-2008, 09:08 AM
I'll be rooting for T-Rich tomorrow ... one of the biggest mistakes was not re-signing him. Of course he alone wouldn't salvage our sinking ship.

the Talking Can
10-25-2008, 09:30 AM
if you want what's best for the chiefs, you want them to lose....

Mizzou_8541
10-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Actively, no. Passively, maybe.

Red Brooklyn
10-25-2008, 10:03 AM
I.... I don't Herm as a human being, but I'm fed up with his coaching. I want him out of the Head Coach roll. Carl Peterson is the devil. He needs to go the fuck away. And NOW!
I would also love the over-all #1 draft pick...

HOWEVER... I can't route against the Chiefs. Every sunday, I still put on my colors and amp myself up. I still watch every game hoping we'll win. I still cheer. If you asked me would I rather lose the rest of the season just to pound nails into the Herm/Carl coffin, or would I rather win the rest of the season and make the playoffs... I'd still rather make the playoffs. I know that won't happen. I know that. But I still want nothing but success for this team. Week in and week out. I want to see the Chiefs win.

PhillyChiefFan
10-25-2008, 11:27 AM
The thing is that Bradford limits you to a certain philosophy on offense.
Drafting him pretty much dictates a west coast offense.

It also dictates that you have to get another QB to start for a couple of seasons before you can get Bradford out on the field.

It also leaves you hoping that he can transition to a pro style offense, and that is certainly not gauranteed.

Stafford already plays in a pro style offense, has a stronger arm and has shown he can carry a team.

He also doesn't limit your options on offense, and with a couple of changes on the O-Line, he could start right away if needed.

By the end of the season and the evaluation process, Stafford will be considered a better prospect than Ryan was last year.

I definatly see what you are saying.

I don't know if I like Stafford or Bradford better, you are right that Stafford has more to bring to an NFL offense simply because of the system he played in college.

Arm ain't too shabby either :D

PhillyChiefFan
10-25-2008, 11:34 AM
IF we can't get Stafford I would like to get a Pass Rusher like Johnson or Orakpo or a OL like Oher.

There will be Maurice Evans from PSU available in the 2nd I believe, so we should be able to get one or the other. Then move Hali to weakside, and a good MLB.

I don't want to see them reach for a QB just for the sake of drafting a QB.

Address the weak rushing DE and Oline, if Stafford/Bradford isn't there.

Hammock Parties
10-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Brett Favre is my hero!