PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports UFC

beach tribe
10-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Anybody watching this? Nobody deserved to win this last fight. Seeing way too much of this lately. What a no heart fight. 1:00 minute left no clear winner, and niether fighter trying to actually WIN the fight. Disgraceful.

badgirl
10-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Anybody watching this? Nobody deserved to win this last fight. Seeing way too much of this lately. What a no heart fight. 1:00 minute left no clear winner, and niether fighter trying to actually WIN the fight. Disgraceful.

Is this on pay preview? Who is the main event? I am going to see andre Arlovoski on nov 8 in person. Cant wait.

Third Eye
10-24-2008, 09:23 PM
What event is on tonight? I'm getting ufc 90 tomorrow, but I was unaware there was anything on tonight.

badgirl
10-24-2008, 09:26 PM
What event is on tonight? I'm getting ufc 90 tomorrow, but I was unaware there was anything on tonight.

Me either, is it on Spike? Is it a rerun?

beach tribe
10-24-2008, 09:36 PM
It's on spike. Leban, Bisping going into the second rnd right now.

I believe it's live, but I can't be completely sure.

Maybe it's old.

beach tribe
10-24-2008, 09:38 PM
It's from oct 5th

badgirl
10-24-2008, 09:40 PM
It's on spike. Leban, Bisping going into the second rnd right now.

I believe it's live, but I can't be completely sure.

Maybe it's old.

They fought last Sat. night Live.

beach tribe
10-24-2008, 09:41 PM
They fought last Sat. night Live.

That's it.

58-4ever
10-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Leben's a lot better fighter than he used to be.... or maybe Bisping isn't as good as the hype.

J Diddy
10-24-2008, 10:18 PM
what are you talking about, that was a great fight

badgirl
10-24-2008, 10:47 PM
I remember watching it last weekend and to go all 3 rounds and no one is bleeding sucks. I didn't think it was all that exciting.

TrickyNicky
10-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Leben has only been KO'ed by Silva. So he has a good chin to say the least. I wasn't surprised it went to a decision. Leben was in better shape, but his standup looked the same as always.

Bisping played it smart and had good footwork all night. Sorry, but plodding brawlers like Leben are going to continually get exposed by guys who actually are adept at head movement and boxing-like footwork like Bisping, Machida, Silva, etc.

KcMizzou
10-25-2008, 02:20 AM
Leben's a lot better fighter than he used to be.... or maybe Bisping isn't as good as the hype.Yes, Leben's a LOT better than he used to be... and Bisping's never had any hype at all.

People are still just pissed off that he won that decision vs. Hamill. (Get over it already... it's not like it was his fault.)

He's been a much, much better fighter since he moved down.

In short, Lebens better than he's ever been, and Bisping is too.

Bisping's best > Leben's best.

Most MMA fans called that before the fight...

Delano
10-25-2008, 07:14 AM
I remember watching it last weekend and to go all 3 rounds and no one is bleeding sucks. I didn't think it was all that exciting.

Your criteria for excitement is bleeding? That's kind of fucked up, but FWIW, Leben's nose bled from the first round. IIRC, it was from a knee.

I had a nice chuckle when Leben put the bullseye on his chin and let his hands drop in the last ten seconds.

The Poz
10-25-2008, 10:38 AM
I watched most of that bout as well last Saturday. Just as I got into it I checked online and found that it wasn't live at all. Because of the time difference it actually took place about 6 hours before it aired here in North America and unfortunately saw the results.

Rooting big for Cote tonight (even though I don't think he has any chance - Silva is just too good).

raybec 4
10-25-2008, 10:45 AM
I watched most of that bout as well last Saturday. Just as I got into it I checked online and found that it wasn't live at all. Because of the time difference it actually took place about 6 hours before it aired here in North America and unfortunately saw the results.

Rooting big for Cote tonight (even though I don't think he has any chance - Silva is just too good).

Cote winning would be the biggest upset I can remember (no matter what that douche Gus Johnson says). He is tough but Silva is a beast. I think the Alves v Kos. fight will be a pretty good one.

Bwana
10-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Any reports on Tonights fights??

KcMizzou
10-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Any reports on Tonights fights??I'd rather not know. Silva probably ****ed him up in about 30 seconds...

It's what he does.

TrickyNicky
10-26-2008, 01:33 AM
Silva toyed with Cote for 10 minutes before Cote went down with an injured knee. Silva was show-boating. I'd be pissed if I paid to see it, but I didn't.

Third Eye
10-26-2008, 02:38 AM
Silva toyed with Cote for 10 minutes before Cote went down with an injured knee. Silva was show-boating. I'd be pissed if I paid to see it, but I didn't.

Nah, it was still worth it. Two great undercard fights (Alvez v Koshchek, Sherk v Griffin) and one great knockout (Werdum got rocked). I cannot stand Josh Koshchek, but I must give him a little respect for taking that fight on short notice when he didn't really need to. It cost him, but I respect it.

TrickyNicky
10-26-2008, 02:44 AM
I meant, as a main draw, you pay to watch Silva knock the shit out of someone, and what you get is him playing with Cote only to end with an unsatisfactory conclusion. What also sucks is they may waste one of his 7 contract fights on a rematch. (He said he will retire after this contract is up).

Third Eye
10-26-2008, 03:07 AM
I meant, as a main draw, you pay to watch Silva knock the shit out of someone, and what you get is him playing with Cote only to end with an unsatisfactory conclusion. What also sucks is they may waste one of his 7 contract fights on a rematch. (He said he will retire after this contract is up).

I see your point, but for me, he wasn't really the main draw. Now if he had been fighting Okami, he would've been, as I think he is the only middleweight around with a shot at beating him.

Over-Head
10-26-2008, 08:58 AM
....(He said he will retire after this contract is up).

Yep, just like Randy Couter (sp) did
Dana is gonna wave a magic wand and give Silva his pay day ;)

SAUTO
10-26-2008, 11:05 AM
i paid for the shitty fight last night. fucker silva(though GREAT) toyed around and let cote blow out a knee dancing.
one good thing is that maybe silva WILL be on the dec 27 show(it was already rumored) with Big Nog-vs-Mir, rashad-vs-forrest, wandy-vs-rampage, and rumored to also have anderson silva -vs TBA, WOW WOW. super card not unlike the new years eve cards pride always put on