PDA

View Full Version : Football QB gurus... What do you think about Trent Edwards?

RealSNR
10-25-2008, 07:13 PM
This guy has been quietly putting together a somewhat decent season.

1200 yards passing with 5 TDs and 2 INTs and a 98.8 passer rating. Most importantly, he's 5-1 as a starter, and in that one loss he got injured early and was out the rest of the game.

He kind of reminds me of Brady's early career. Brady's early Patriot teams didn't have the greatest playmakers on offense, but he made it work decently enough with the guys he had.

The other thing... he's a 3rd round rookie LAST YEAR.

Mecca
10-25-2008, 07:20 PM
I like Trent Edwards, he showed good development as a rookie starter last year. He looks like he has a bright future. I don't think he'll be a superstar but I think he'll be a good QB in the upper half of the league.

RealSNR
10-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Here's my next question.

Let's say the Lions go 0-16 and the Chiefs go 1-15. Lions take Stafford. Do the Chiefs take Sam Bradford? Do we do what the Packers did and take ANOTHER guy later in the draft for competition?

chiefs1111
10-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Trent Edwards will be a solid quarterback for years to come for the Bills if he stays healthy.

blueballs
10-25-2008, 09:12 PM
not too early for nick names
Bent Edwards
Bustford

milkman
10-25-2008, 09:13 PM
I wouldn't take Bradford at #2.

I'd take the best DE (Michael Johnson).

Tribal Warfare
10-25-2008, 09:27 PM
I wouldn't take Bradford at #2.

I'd take the best DE (Michael Johnson).

Johnson's skill level is of a 2nd to 4th rounder, Brian Orkapo is the real thing. I'd take Bradford bigtime

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Johnson's skill level is of a 2nd to 4th rounder, Brian Orkapo is the real thing. I'd take Bradford bigtime

No, his production level has been 2nd to 4th round. His raw physical tools are as good as any DE in the draft.

Tribal Warfare
10-25-2008, 09:31 PM
No, his production level has been 2nd to 4th round.

Which is means the same damn thing

the Talking Can
10-25-2008, 09:31 PM
never had a chance to watch him....

Tribal Warfare
10-25-2008, 09:33 PM
never had a chance to watch him....

The Sophmore DE on the other side is the kid that's making all the plays on their D-Line. He's a guy to watch for next year.

milkman
10-25-2008, 09:34 PM
No, his production level has been 2nd to 4th round. His raw physical tools are as good as any DE in the draft.

This is why I put his name in perenthesis.

He's the guy who seems to have the best physical tools, but there really isn't that one guy that stands out above the others.

the Talking Can
10-25-2008, 09:40 PM
The Sophmore DE on the other side is the kid that's making all the plays on their D-Line. He's a guy to watch for next year.

i was talking about edwards, but thanks for the tip...

DeezNutz
10-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Is Freeman the Flacco of this year's draft? If so, what are the Planet's thoughts on the former's NFL prospects?

For shits and grins, let's say Stafford is off the board when the Chiefs select. Would Freeman be a strong round-two possibility?

Mecca
10-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Michael Johnson is a potential pick, he's 6'7 250 with great measurables and a frame to add weight to.

Mecca
10-25-2008, 09:43 PM
Is Freeman the Flacco of this year's draft? If so, what are the Planet's thoughts on the former's NFL prospects?

For shits and grins, let's say Stafford is off the board when the Chiefs select. Would Freeman be a strong round-two possibility?

I actually think Freeman is more ready because of being in division 1, but that's a solid comparison, big kid, mobile huge arm, although Freemans body is much more NFL ready.

Today I watched alot of Kstate OU and well Freeman made more NFL throws than Bradford by a huge degree.

DeezNutz
10-25-2008, 09:45 PM
I actually think Freeman is more ready because of being in division 1, but that's a solid comparison, big kid, mobile huge arm, although Freemans body is much more NFL ready.

Today I watched alot of Kstate OU and well Freeman made more NFL throws than Bradford by a huge degree.

I agree with this. He made some very good throws today, under pressure. Plus the kid is one heck of an athlete, for any size, let alone a beast.

I'm solidly on the Stafford bandwagon if he's there with our first pick, but I think there could be a worse plan B than to take an Oher in round 1 and Freeman in round 2.

Either option sounds interesting to me.

Mecca
10-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Josh Freeman if you take him, needs coaching. He has great size, huge arm, good mobility especially for a guy that size but his footwork and mechanics get sketchy at times and you can see that he misses some things in reads or just doesn't see defenders at times.

Freeman is a scouts dream physically, if he can be coached to his potential then you got something.

Tribal Warfare
10-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Michael Johnson is a potential pick, he's 6'7 250 with great measurables and a frame to add weight to.

Brian Orakpo, has the same type of measurables he can bench 515 pounds and has 8% body fat

DeezNutz
10-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Josh Freeman if you take him, needs coaching. He has great size, huge arm, good mobility especially for a guy that size but his footwork and mechanics get sketchy at times and you can see that he misses some things in reads or just doesn't see defenders at times.

Freeman is a scouts dream physically, if he can be coached to his potential then you got something.

I was impressed with the interview segment that was played during today's game. Did you hear that? He sounded like a smart kid. It struck me that he'll probably go through the roof at the combine.

Mecca
10-25-2008, 09:50 PM
I have a hard time believing Orakpo goes higher, his workouts will have to be awesome for that to happen....

Tribal Warfare
10-25-2008, 09:53 PM
I have a hard time believing Orakpo goes higher, his workouts will have to be awesome for that to happen....

from what I've been hearing he's a freak of nature when it comes to measurables, plus he caan opt to play in the Senior Bowl for more exposure.

milkman
10-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Brian Orakpo, has the same type of measurables he can bench 515 pounds and has 8% body fat

Orakpo is shorter and doesn't really have the frame to add weight.

Tribal Warfare
10-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Orakpo is shorter and doesn't really have the frame to add weight.

6'4" is big enough to add some weight, and keep speed.

milkman
10-25-2008, 10:02 PM
6'4" is big enough to add some weight, and keep speed.

He might be able to add 10 lbs, but anymore than that, it likely affects his speed and quickness.

the Talking Can
10-25-2008, 10:02 PM

you're making some homers very happy!!!

Mecca
10-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Well Freeman is a scouts dream there's no denying that, he has everything that makes a guy a riser.

Tribal Warfare
10-25-2008, 10:08 PM
He might be able to add 10 lbs, but anymore than that, it likely affects his speed and quickness.

Guys like Jevon Kearse, Simeon Rice, Jason Taylor, and Jared Allen succeed with the same skills sets and stature. For me it's Orakpo, Selvie, then Greg Hardy

milkman
10-25-2008, 10:16 PM
Guys like Jevon Kearse, Simeon Rice, Jason Taylor, and Jared Allen succeed with the same skills sets and stature. For me it's Orakpo, Selvie, then Greg Hardy

Jason Taylor and Jared Allen are both 6-6.

Physically they compare more favorably to Johnson than Orakpo.

notorious
10-25-2008, 10:26 PM
Freeman is a better QB physically than Bradford, and he doesn't have amazing wide receivers to help him out. Bradford is decent, but it is almost impossible not to notice his WR's being 10 yards away from the nearest defender when they get the ball. IMO we know less about Bradford's NFL potential then Stafford or Freeman.

It would be nice to see Freeman drop to the second, but I do not believe there is any way he makes it out of the 1st round.

BUT, with our current coaching staff, I wouldn't let them anywhere near a raw, young QB.

Hell, I wouldn't want them anywhere near a Montana/Elway/Brady/Manning genetically spliced clone!

Tribal Warfare
10-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Jason Taylor and Jared Allen are both 6-6.

Physically they compare more favorably to Johnson than Orakpo.

Kearse and Rice? the are 6'4" 260, Hell Freeney is 6"1" . Everyone I mentioned is right at 260-265 , Orkapo is the same size and is playing very well unlike Johnson.