PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thigpen > Croyle

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Doesn't mean he's any good, but he's already shown me more than BC ever did.

kcxiv
10-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Yep.

LocoChiefsFan
I agree.

blueballs
at the end of the day

milkman
10-26-2008, 12:36 PM
I stepped outside to have a smoke as soon as the half came to an end, and thought about the half that Thigpen played and just busted out laughing.

Tyler freakin' Thigpen.

LMAO

chiefs1111
10-26-2008, 12:36 PM
yep and he can actually play a whole half and still be healthy,it's amazing

Coach
10-26-2008, 12:37 PM
I stepped outside to have a smoke as soon as the half came to an end, and thought about the half that Thigpen played and just busted out laughing.

Tyler freakin' Thigpen.

LMAO

That's what I did on my beer, when I grabbed it from the fridge, and said to the wife with a beer raised to the air "Tyler Fucking Thigpen?"

And I just busted out laughing.

petegz28
10-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Thigpen looked better than Croyle last year in the pre-season I thought. Thigpen was also supposed to be our #2 this year too, I thought.

Hammock Parties
10-26-2008, 12:38 PM
Thigpen looked better than Croyle last year in the pre-season I thought.

Thigpen wasn't around in preseason last year.

Coach
10-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Thigpen looked better than Croyle last year in the pre-season I thought. Thigpen was also supposed to be our #2 this year too, I thought.

In all seriousness, I thought he could be a solid QB if given the paitence and time. He was very raw when he came to the league, and it really showed. Now, I'm not saying that he's the answer to the QB problem, but the way he's been playing today, and if he continues to play like this throughout the season, with of course, mistakes (This is normal) that will happen, he could be seriously considered for a QB job next year, along with the 1st round QB that the Chiefs should be selecting.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Thigpen>God.

petegz28
Thigpen wasn't around in preseason last year.

You sure about that? Am I feeling that far apart already from this year's pre-season?

:eek:

Hammock Parties
10-26-2008, 12:40 PM
You sure about that? Am I feeling that far apart already from this year's pre-season?

Positive.

As for this game, the protection has been outstanding. Sackintosh actually looks good. Brodie Croyle would be doing just as well I imagine.

Micjones
10-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Thigpen in one half has shown more than Croyle did in 8-9 games.

Coach
10-26-2008, 12:41 PM

Yeah, he wasn't here last year's pre-season. He was under Minny's pre-season and they cut him, in hopes to put him on their PS roster, but the Chiefs picked him up.

Hammock Parties

Croyle has NEVER had pass protection like this. EVER.

Not even close.

milkman

Can't argue that.

LocoChiefsFan

Not even close.
Can't argue this.

Coach
Positive.

As for this game, the protection has been outstanding. Sackintosh actually looks good. Brodie Croyle would be doing just as well I imagine.

There's still a few blown assignments, but other than that, it's been well.

They can only do much when they are overloaded with the blitz, so, yeah.

Brock
10-26-2008, 12:42 PM

Not even close.

Croyle's a poontang.

Micjones
10-26-2008, 12:45 PM

Not even close.

You're joking, right?

Thigpen's been sacked what 2-3 times today?

Croyle's had protection in the past. Let's be real here.

milkman
10-26-2008, 12:47 PM
You're joking, right?

Thippen, for the most part has been making quick reads and getting the ball out quick.

Hammock Parties
10-26-2008, 12:48 PM
You're joking, right?

Thigpen has been sacked but overall the pass protection has been outstanding.

Last year our protection sucked balls and in Croyle's two games this year it wasn't much better.

Pablo
10-26-2008, 12:49 PM
The better Thigpen plays, the more I hate him for maybe f*cking up our high draft pick.

Micjones
Thippen, for the most part has been making quick reads and getting the ball out quick.

Oops said too much.
He's made great reads all day.
Something Croyle was never much good at.

RealSNR
You're joking, right?

Croyle's had protection in the past. Let's be real here.Agreed. Thigpen's simply finding his receiver quicker than Croyle ever could

Micjones
10-26-2008, 12:51 PM
Thigpen has been sacked but overall the pass protection has been outstanding.

Last year our protection sucked balls and in Croyle's two games this year it wasn't much better.

You're kidding yourself.

Croyle wasn't sacked in the opener this year.

There were two games late last year where he wasn't sacked (TENN, DET).
He looked like fried shit in the Detroit game. Huard came in, got sacked 4 times, put 2 scores on the board and threw for 300 yards.

Um...

It's Croyle.

Mizzou_8541
10-26-2008, 12:52 PM

I'm not sure you can make that claim, but he has stayed healthy! Good start!

Hammock Parties
10-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Croyle wasn't sacked in the opener this year.

Yes he was.

Anyway, go ahead and knee jerk over pickpen's one good game.

Basileus777
The better Thigpen plays, the more I hate him for maybe f*cking up our high draft pick.

We aren't getting the #1 pick thanks to the Lions. So I'm not too concerned if we win another game or too. I'd rather our young players play well and win a few games than get embarrassed the rest of the season.

Micjones
I'm not sure you can make that claim, but he has stayed healthy! Good start!

He can definitely make that claim.

When this game is over his passer rating will be MUCH better than any game Croyle's ever started.

Mizzou_8541
10-26-2008, 01:01 PM

When this game is over his passer rating will be MUCH better than any game Croyle's ever started.

1 game? come on...people on here will start comparing him to another #4

I am just enjoying this game and the fact we aren't getting embarassed.

Hammock Parties
10-26-2008, 01:01 PM

Croyle had a 100 passer rating his first start.

Brock
10-26-2008, 01:03 PM

Did he survive that game?

Fire Me Boy!
10-26-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm not sold yet on the guy being the QBOTF, but he's certainly EARNED the right to start next week.

Keep giving him practice time with the No. 1s and see what the kid can do.

Deberg_1990
10-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Tyler Pigpen outdueling Favre.....

Now ive seen it all.

Its amazing how much better a team can look when it gets competent, steady QB play.

rrl308
10-26-2008, 01:09 PM
I agree.
Me 2

Fire Me Boy!
10-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Tyler Pigpen outdueling Favre.....

Now ive seen it all.

Its amazing how much better a team can look when it gets competent, steady QB play.

We'll see. Not sold on Thiggy until he shows it more than in one game.

That said, I'm liking what I see so far. It also helps that we're getting some decent playcalling.

I'm actually wondering how much the playcalling has to do with it a little - or is it that we have a QB in the lineup that is taking a few shots downfield? Both Brodie and Damon liked to check down a lot.

Deberg_1990
10-26-2008, 01:17 PM
We'll see. Not sold on Thiggy until he shows it more than in one game.

Didnt say i was either.

If i was GM, Pigpen could win all every game for the rest of the year, id id still select a QB #1 overall next year.

FringeNC
10-26-2008, 01:27 PM
QBs look a lot better in situations other than 3rd and long. We are actually calling a real game today on offense.

Micjones
10-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Yes he was.

No, sir, he was not.
He was hit on a play, but he was not sacked.

Anyway, go ahead and knee jerk over pickpen's one good game.

Good thing Croyle never bothered to turn one of those in.

Hammock Parties
10-26-2008, 01:40 PM
No, sir, he was not.
He was hit on a play, but he was not sacked.

He was sacked. Most definitely. Four times, in fact.

Anyway, Pickpen isn't doing shit in the second half.

the Talking Can
10-26-2008, 01:41 PM
of more relevance, thigpen is better than huard...

people we're crying to the heavens to play huard and bench thigpen, even though thigpen was the only player who had the capacity to actually improve...

hell, he might yet turn into a decent backup

Micjones
10-26-2008, 01:43 PM

Try 99.2.
He completed 19 passes for 169 yards and 1 TD.

That was his best game as a Chief.

Thigpen's sitting at 116.1...

*Whistling*

He may well still be a career 3rd String QB, but that guy has already outplayed our so-called QBOTF.

Micjones
10-26-2008, 01:44 PM
He was sacked. Most definitely. Four times, in fact.

Anyway, Pickpen isn't doing shit in the second half.

I dialed up the game numbers. I misspoke.
He was sacked once in the New England game.

And again, in one half he's done more than Croyle EVER did in any one game.

Hammock Parties
10-26-2008, 01:47 PM
I dialed up the game numbers. I misspoke.
He was sacked once in the New England game.

And again, in one half he's done more than Croyle EVER did in any one game.

aH, Huard got rocked 3 times I guess. Our pass pro still sucked either way.

And yes, he did more in a half. Big deal. He had great pass protection. Croyle never has.

Pitt Gorilla
10-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Good O-line play coupled with a QB who can run makes the offense look a lot better.

Micjones
10-26-2008, 02:01 PM
aH, Huard got rocked 3 times I guess. Our pass pro still sucked either way.

And yes, he did more in a half. Big deal. He had great pass protection. Croyle never has.

NFL.com
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/Reach_bucket/Graphic.jpg

ESPN.com
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/Reach_bucket/Graphic2.jpg

Pro-Football-Reference.com
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r206/Reach_bucket/Graphic3.jpg

WPI rides again!
:D

Hammock Parties
10-26-2008, 02:02 PM
What?

KcFanInGA
10-26-2008, 02:28 PM
All I see on those charts is Croyle missing a shitload of games. He must be on some kind of on 2 off 3 work rotation.

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2008, 02:42 PM
All I see on those charts is Croyle missing a shitload of games. He must be on some kind of on 2 off 3 work rotation.

ROFL

JuicesFlowing
10-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Thigpen played well. I was impressed. I have no idea what that means, but he impressed me. Maybe it's another Denver mirage?

Hammock Parties
10-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Thigpen played well. I was impressed. I have no idea what that means, but he impressed me. Maybe it's another Denver mirage?

I don't think it is. We pass blocked well against a team with a good pass rush. The receivers got open. Thigpen made good decisions and threw accurately.

crossbow
10-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Thigpen looked fine.

1) Accurate throws
2) Quick releases
3) Good mobility and ran at the right times
4) Smart decisions
5) Good arm strength

Why is everyone down on him now? He played very well. So if he turns out to be consistantly good is everyone going to ignore that so they can have something to complain about?

suds79
10-26-2008, 04:02 PM
I liked how Thigpen was willing to spread around the football today.

Didn't just focus on Tony G & Bowe.

Too bad Herm & company pretty much took the ball out of his hands when we really needed him.

triple
10-26-2008, 04:06 PM
I liked how Thigpen was willing to spread around the football today.

Didn't just focus on Tony G & Bowe.

Too bad Herm & company pretty much took the ball out of his hands when we really needed him.

they never put the offense in position to make a play until the knife is at our throats.

Micjones
10-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Thigpen looked fine.

1) Accurate throws
2) Quick releases
3) Good mobility and ran at the right times
4) Smart decisions
5) Good arm strength

Why is everyone down on him now? He played very well. So if he turns out to be consistantly good is everyone going to ignore that so they can have something to complain about?

It's almost like Thigpen played three years of professional football in the week between last Sunday's game and this one.

He was very poised, very decisive, and quick-thinking today.

I'd seen flashes in the weeks prior that I hadn't quite been able to get out of my head. Maybe I wasn't just seeing things.

Obviously we'll need to see something like this beyond today, but I'm tickled Pink with what he did today. Can't say enough about that performance.

SDChief
10-26-2008, 05:41 PM
he played that well and didn't have much of a run game to support him. I was impressed. He was very accurate and made some great throws in the end zone. (that is one thing croyle has NEVER done, even in his best game)

kcxiv
10-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Brodie is the past now. Dude just cant stay healthy. Its just time to move on and not compare anymore. Maybe we have something special in Thigpen. We never know. It happens in the NFL. Maybe this is one of them times. If it isnt, then its no different then the past.

SDChief
10-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Brodie is the past now. Dude just cant stay healthy. Its just time to move on and not compare anymore. Maybe we have something special in Thigpen. We never know. It happens in the NFL. Maybe this is one of them times. If it isnt, then its no different then the past.

I'm not saying he's the QBOTF yet, but damn it just seem like we are due for a young guy to work out for us. it's too bad charles got hurt when he did. it seemed like he was starting to turn it up a notch.

kcxiv
10-26-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm not saying he's the QBOTF yet, but damn it just seem like we are due for a young guy to work out for us. it's too bad charles got hurt when he did. it seemed like he was starting to turn it up a notch.

Yep, we have to let him just run with the starting job right now and see what happens. They are 1-6, wtf does it matter? lol

SDChief
10-26-2008, 06:04 PM
yeah, worst that can happen is he keeps the seat warm for the next guy. I wonder if this delays the Dante talks. I loved that both Bradley and Bowe were making catches with a little gonzo and cottam thrown in too. Even franklin got a couple thrown his way. Huard or croyle never got past gonzo or bowe in their progressions.

CrazyPhuD
10-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Now what would the O look like if LJ can pull his head out of his ass and Thiggy play like he did today?

kcxiv
10-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Now what would the O look like if LJ can pull his head out of his ass and Thiggy play like he did today?

Not to much better. The oline would have to run block a bit better. They still constantly let players in the backfield far to often.

crossbow
10-26-2008, 07:12 PM
he played that well and didn't have much of a run game to support him. I was impressed. He was very accurate and made some great throws in the end zone. (that is one thing croyle has NEVER done, even in his best game)

Did you see that TD pass to Gonzo? Tony was double covered and Tyler threaded the ball to him. Layed it right into Tony's hands between the two defenders. He showed great poise. Very nice touch.

alanm
10-26-2008, 07:19 PM
I'm not sold yet on the guy being the QBOTF, but he's certainly EARNED the right to start next week.

Keep giving him practice time with the No. 1s and see what the kid can do.Exactly. And hopefully when the draft comes it will be with a new coaching staff and GM with the ability to draft a QB with talent.

Coach
10-26-2008, 07:21 PM

That's what I was worried about his chances of winning this game, because of the lack of the running game, which was very evident.

blueballs
10-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Is he better than Travaris Jackson
or Jared Allen

TEX
10-26-2008, 08:23 PM

Easily. What anyone ever saw in BC is beyond me.

SDChief
10-26-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm not sure if bringing culpepper is the best thing to do right now. Does Thigpen get a chance to build on this performance, or do they bring in a guy that is going to start whining that he should be starting the second he gets here. So Thig will have another vet breathing down his neck and possibly dividing the locker room if he doesn't perform to these standards week in and week out. Will they bring him in to win a few games, and at the same time retard another young qb's developement?