PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tyler - Impressive Performance Today

crossbow
10-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Give the man his due. He looked very sharp today. He was well prepared, confident, smooth, and decisive.

I couldn't believe I was watching the same guy that I saw in the Atlanta game. Don't know what happened between now and then but wow !

Hammock Parties
10-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Dick Curl deserves so much credit. The Chiefs are so lucky to have a coach of his caliber on the staff.

blueballs
10-26-2008, 07:24 PM
***Thigpen Planet***

crossbow
10-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Must have been that consultant Carl brought in.

milkman
10-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Great game by the kid.

Looked better than any QB since Green's last healthy year.

Hammock Parties
10-26-2008, 07:28 PM
Great game by the kid.

Looked better than any QB since Green's last healthy year.

I wouldn't go that far...

RustShack
10-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Must have been that consultant Carl brought in.

You mean the guy sitting in Guns chair in the booth helping out the defense?

morphius
10-26-2008, 07:29 PM
there was a reason I wanted to keep rolling with the kid instead of handing it back to Huard, he may never be very good, but at least he is mobile and when he calms down can throw the ball right in there.

Coach
10-26-2008, 07:31 PM
there was a reason I wanted to keep rolling with the kid instead of handing it back to Huard, he may never be very good, but at least he is mobile and when he calms down can throw the ball right in there.

I was one of the guys that was claiming that Thigpen should keep playing, because, if the Chiefs are gonna suck, at least suck with Thigpen. The odds of Thigpen showing any kind of a improvement > Hutard showing any kind of improvement.

RustShack
10-26-2008, 07:31 PM

And he is young with upside, pretty good qualitys to have on a rebuilding team.

milkman
10-26-2008, 07:32 PM

Of course you wouldn't.

But he made throws that Huard couldn't in his wildest dreams hope to make, was on the money, as opposed to throwing the ball up and hoping that Gonzo culd climb the ladder and bring in.

The receivers made Huard look good in '06.

Thigpen was good today, and gave the receivers chances to make plays after the catch.

crossbow
10-26-2008, 07:34 PM
You mean the guy sitting in Guns chair in the booth helping out the defense?

Yeah, that was intended as a joke.

milkman
10-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Yeah, that was intended as a joke.

I got it.

It wasn't good, but I got it.

crossbow
10-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Of course you wouldn't.

But he made throws that Huard couldn't in his wildest dreams hope to make, was on the money, as opposed to throwing the ball up and hoping that Gonzo culd climb the ladder and bring in.

The receivers made Huard look good in '06.

Thigpen was good today, and gave the receivers chances to make plays after the catch.

I totaly agree with you. The guy led his receivers very well. They rarely broke stride. He pitched it hard when he had to and tossed it soft when he needed to. He realy was in control all day. And as you pointed out...he SPREAD the ball around! Maybe teams can't just key on our Tightend and call it good now.

the Talking Can
10-26-2008, 07:43 PM
I was one of the guys that was claiming that Thigpen should keep playing, because, if the Chiefs are gonna suck, at least suck with Thigpen. The odds of Thigpen showing any kind of a improvement > Hutard showing any kind of improvement.

bingo

looks like he'll develop into a nice backup....and possibly more, but way too early to go there......

this is exactly why every single snap that huard played was a waste

crossbow
10-26-2008, 08:01 PM
bingo

looks like he'll develop into a nice backup....and possibly more, but way too early to go there......

this is exactly why every single snap that huard played was a waste

Well, not a total waste. Huard was a good sacrificial lamb for the rookie offensive line to learn with.

TEX
10-26-2008, 08:19 PM
Today, in just one game, Tyler Thigpen looked much better than Brodie Croyle ever did. Congrats Tyler! :clap:

blueballs
10-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Thigpen deserves to have his way
with two skeletons tonight

TEX
10-26-2008, 08:21 PM

You should because he did.

Rausch
10-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Let's also keep in mind it was just one game...

TRR
10-26-2008, 08:28 PM
It's encouraging to see Tyler Thigpen play well. I don't think we could have asked him to play much better...

The player that I was most excitefd about is Mark Bradley. KC has been looking for a legit #2 for some time, and Bradley (although premature) may be that guy. Without having much time with the offense, he looked damn good today. He was a special player at Oklahoma. KC may have a steal if he progresses.

...And what took so long for Gailey to get the ball in the hands of Brad Cottam? He can be a dangerous threat with the ball in his hands.

...Last thought...It's time to turn the reigns over exclusively to Jaamal Charles. He did get dinged today, but it's time to see what the kid has instead of having him run "gadget" plays.

blueballs
10-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Thigpen just brings out the best in every offensive player
even McIncrap

CosmicPal
10-26-2008, 08:36 PM
...And what took so long for Gailey to get the ball in the hands of Brad Cottam? He can be a dangerous threat with the ball in his hands.

Could it be, he's a rookie trying to learn an entirely new offense and hasn't had a legitimate, steady, healthy QB to work with?

I'm pleased that today's performance indicates promise.

Micjones
10-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Extremely impressed with the performance of Thigpen today.
He deserves all the credit in the world.
He played brilliantly today.

I need to see more, but kudos to the kid for playing like a savvy veteran today.

TRR
10-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Could it be, he's a rookie trying to learn an entirely new offense and hasn't had a legitimate, steady, healthy QB to work with?

I'm pleased that today's performance indicates promise.

I think that may be a little bit of it, but in all honestly, until this game all I've seen Cottam used for is an extra blocker. This is the first game that I've seen Cottam running routes on consecutive plays, etc. If memory serves correct, Cottam didn't catch ONE pass until today. We have to get a decent playmaker, and 3rd round draft choice more chances to make plays than 0 catches in 6 games.

dj56dt58
10-26-2008, 10:26 PM
It's encouraging to see Tyler Thigpen play well. I don't think we could have asked him to play much better...

The player that I was most excitefd about is Mark Bradley. KC has been looking for a legit #2 for some time, and Bradley (although premature) may be that guy. Without having much time with the offense, he looked damn good today. He was a special player at Oklahoma. KC may have a steal if he progresses.

...Last thought...It's time to turn the reigns over exclusively to Jaamal Charles. He did get dinged today, but it's time to see what the kid has instead of having him run "gadget" plays.

I dont think it was as much Bradley as it was Thigpen getting him envolved..He spread the ball around like Trent used to do

Bradley did play well though, great catch in the end zone

Hootie
10-27-2008, 01:05 AM

I would.

Hootie
10-27-2008, 01:10 AM
Thigpen was awesome today...

I might have been his biggest critic prior to this game, but he really showed me something...he didn't give a shit what anyone thought and he just went out there and played...and he is a freaking leader. He yelled at Bowe for running the wrong route on one pass...he showed me a lot today.

Thigpen is a keeper. At least he can stay healthy, run the ball a little...and he proved today that he has room to grow and he can turn in a real nice effort in a hostile environment.

Props to Tyler Thigpen...for at least today, you were the MAN!

Chris Meck
10-27-2008, 02:37 AM
prior to this game, I thought he sucked.

It's Thigpen's team the rest of the way. If he can play like that every week, we're in good shape.

TEX
10-27-2008, 05:17 AM
Extremely impressed with the performance of Thigpen today.
He deserves all the credit in the world.
He played brilliantly today.

I need to see more, but kudos to the kid for playing like a savvy veteran today.

Too bad Herm wouldn't let him take it home on the last drive. :shake:

beach tribe
10-27-2008, 05:33 AM
I didn't get to see much of the gam, but from what I saw it was obvious why he looked good. He had time to throw. Give a man time, and then you'll know what he looks like when he has time.

Pablo
10-27-2008, 05:49 AM
I'll admit I'm a huge Pigpen critic.

I just flat didn't like him, anything about him, and I proclaimed he was the worst QB in the NFL. That he was the 32nd best 3rd stringer in the league. I'll eat a little crow. A little.

It's one game.

If he even comes close to repeating this performance next week, or even looks competent, I'll be happy. I'm not expecting it. I think this was probably a fluke, but I've been wrong before..so...I hope it isn't. If he shows promise the rest of the year, we'll know we at least have a 2nd string QB on lock, maybe something more.

Even if Thigpen goes out and looks great the rest of the year, absolutely great, I'm still in the draft a QB in the 1st camp.

I apologize Pigpen, Thig Newton, Skeletor...whatever we may name you, I truly underestimated you. You are teh CP gawd for da week.

beach tribe
10-27-2008, 05:58 AM
I'll admit I'm a huge Pigpen critic.

I just flat didn't like him, anything about him, and I proclaimed he was the worst QB in the NFL. That he was the 32nd best 3rd stringer in the league. I'll eat a little crow. A little.

It's one game.

If he even comes close to repeating this performance next week, or even looks competent, I'll be happy. I'm not expecting it. I think this was probably a fluke, but I've been wrong before..so...I hope it isn't. If he shows promise the rest of the year, we'll know we at least have a 2nd string QB on lock, maybe something more.

Even if Thigpen goes out and looks great the rest of the year, absolutely great, I'm still in the draft a QB in the 1st camp.

I apologize Pigpen, Thig Newton, Skeletor...whatever we may name you, I truly underestimated you. You are teh CP gawd for da week.

If we run the spread option next week, I'll bet on him looking decent. If we don't ........he won't.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-27-2008, 06:06 AM
He looked so good ,Carl and Herm will get contract extensions!

talastan
10-27-2008, 08:52 AM
He looked so good ,Carl and Herm will get contract extensions!

Choke yourself.....:D

PastorMikH
10-27-2008, 08:55 AM
I put up the stats on another thread, but for the first time this morning I really looked at Thiggy's college career. It may have only been a Div IAA but they started the program in 03 and he managed to win 30 of 38 games in his career there with a brand new program.

I was a bit impressed.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-27-2008, 09:17 AM
If Brodie Croyle Had a game like Thiggy had yesterday then people on this board would be touching their selves.

MIAdragon
10-27-2008, 09:19 AM
If Brodie Croyle Had a game like Thiggy had yesterday then people on this board would be touching their selves.

all with no running game.

ChiefsCountry
10-27-2008, 09:50 AM
I put up the stats on another thread, but for the first time this morning I really looked at Thiggy's college career. It may have only been a Div IAA but they started the program in 03 and he managed to win 30 of 38 games in his career there with a brand new program.

I was a bit impressed.

And they qualified for the I-AA playoffs and for their school it would be like Boise State or Hawaii making it to the BCS.

Hootie
10-27-2008, 11:40 AM
prior to this game, I thought he sucked.

It's Thigpen's team the rest of the way. If he can play like that every week, we're in good shape.

If he plays like this every week we're not going to be taking a QB top 5.

Hootie
10-27-2008, 11:43 AM
it will be interesting to see how he does next week against...

A) A good defense and

B) A team that has seen film on something that we haven't done before...the Jets had to be thinking...'wtf?'

It's kind of like Kolby Smith last year against the Raiders...he brought something to the table LJ hadn't done and the Raiders didn't have film and his cutbacks tore them apart...and then he pretty much sucked after that.

It'll be interesting to see if Thigpen and the Chiefs can be as effective offensively against a good defense who will have a little film and time to prepare for the no huddle shotgun Yancy Thigpen power spread!

And maybe LJ will be back? I bet the commish deems the prior two games as time served...or maybe he'll get another game or so...but I don't think he'll be looking at a whole lot more than that.

whoman69
10-27-2008, 01:35 PM
I have a feeling he will come back to Earth a bit with defenses expecting us to open it up a bit. I'm still surprised that the Jets didn't bring out their running game more.

StcChief
10-27-2008, 01:42 PM
He looked so good ,Carl and Herm will get contract extensions!don't even think it. :):shake:

PastorMikH
10-27-2008, 02:30 PM
I have a feeling he will come back to Earth a bit with defenses expecting us to open it up a bit. I'm still surprised that the Jets didn't bring out their running game more.

If Defenses expect us to open up the passing game, they will have to back off the run protection. If LJ is back and the D isn't commiting 8 guys to the run he'll have a big day.

whoman69
10-27-2008, 02:44 PM
If Defenses expect us to open up the passing game, they will have to back off the run protection. If LJ is back and the D isn't commiting 8 guys to the run he'll have a big day.

The o-line still has yet to show that they can open up holes even against passing defenses. We still lack consistency.

PastorMikH
10-27-2008, 05:03 PM
The o-line still has yet to show that they can open up holes even against passing defenses. We still lack consistency.

Agreed. But it is easier to open holes against 4-5 at the line than it is with 8 at the line.