PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs REMEMBER ME

jeffery
10-27-2008, 07:53 AM
I am the guy that came out and said that it was remotely possible that thigpen could develop into a average guy and I got bashed to kingdom come for it...but now look was right. i am not by any means saying one game is enough to say he's the man, but i do feel he can develop into a solid player.

Mecca
10-27-2008, 07:53 AM
I loved you as the Toys R Us spokesgiraffe.

10-27-2008, 07:55 AM
ROFL

Pushead2
10-27-2008, 07:56 AM

ROFLROFL

Sully
10-27-2008, 07:59 AM
Scott Mitchell had a good game, once.

Iowanian
10-27-2008, 08:01 AM
I'm not sure why you look familiar, but you look like a creepy bastard.

http://www.biography.com/biography/images/episode_images/dahmer_Jeffrey_320x240.jpg

jeffery
10-27-2008, 08:08 AM
all i was saying last week was give the man a half decent chance before you throw him under the bus. its not like were going to the super bowl anytime soon.

Demonpenz
10-27-2008, 08:09 AM
is this mecca's dupe?

Iowanian
10-27-2008, 08:10 AM
I'm sure your nephew is a nice boy Jeffrey Thigpen, but he's not the future of the Chiefs.

Do it 2 weeks in a row Tyler.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-27-2008, 08:12 AM
Interesting that the skeleton would know how to post on ChiefsPlanet.

Iowanian
10-27-2008, 08:15 AM
You and Tyler were great on Appalachian ER when you had the "one in a million shot" when you both fell down on watermellons.

Bugeater
10-27-2008, 08:15 AM
You didn't say he "could develop into a average guy", you were suggesting that he could be our QBOTF. There's a slight difference between the two.

RedThat
10-27-2008, 08:16 AM
I see some fire in the kid.

It's obvious he is raw? Everybody knew that.

But, I honestly can see him performing well enough if he had a decent football coach who can run a real offense and guide and tutor him.

Im not just saying this because of 1 game, he looks like a pretty good project and someone a coach can work with.

Sully
10-27-2008, 08:20 AM
You didn't say he "could develop into a average guy", you were suggesting that he could be our QBOTF. There's a slight difference between the two.

I was curious what the actual "bashing to kingdom come" claim was based on. I assumed it was more than just suggesting what he claims he suggested.

Huffman83
10-27-2008, 08:20 AM
I'd be impressed if he did that w/ a team that has a great defense. He's still got half a season to go. But looking ahead the Bucs have the #5 overall defense Bills at #11 (Jets are at 12 right now. So I'll give you that.) If the Thigpen puts up those #'s against those teams and wins...I'll be impressed.

The Chiefs are too suspect from week to week.

PastorMikH
10-27-2008, 08:36 AM
FWIW, he did some pretty impressive things as the first QB in a no-name college in Carolina (Coastal Carolina University) that started their football program in 2003.

30-8 w/l
486 of 879 passes for 6,598 yards
53 TDs and 25 INTs
career 132.6 rating
346 carries for 1,626 yards (4.7 avg.)
13 rushing TDs

Led his team to the NCAA Div 1-AA playoffs as a senior, played in the conference championship as a junior.

He was redshirted as a freshman in 02 - he couldn't play, they didn't have a football team yet.

A little blurp some of you guys will love this... Their college football stadium was built with a 2 mill grant from Hooters of America Chairman Robert Brooks.

FWIW, sure it was just a Div 1-AA school Thiggy played at, but considering what he did in a brand new program, I'm a bit impressed.

ElGringo
10-27-2008, 08:42 AM
FWIW, sure it was just a Div 1-AA school Thiggy played at, but considering what he did in a brand new program, I'm a bit impressed.

Isn't that basically what he has now. With a few exceptions, this is a brand new program. The team has to find an identity all over again. With all the talk of completely cleaning house, it will be a brand new team. I think the kid has guts, and who knows what the future holds for him. But now we (hopefully) don't need 3 QB's, but I will agree we still need 2.

luv
10-27-2008, 08:48 AM
So, what's going to happen next week?

PastorMikH
10-27-2008, 08:51 AM
So, what's going to happen next week?

We sign Culpepper, Thiggy plays really good again, gets a win but has to give up the starting spot to Dante the following week.

StcChief
10-27-2008, 08:55 AM
I'd be impressed if he did that w/ a team that has a great defense. He's still got half a season to go. But looking ahead the Bucs have the #5 overall defense Bills at #11 (Jets are at 12 right now. So I'll give you that.) If the Thigpen puts up those #'s against those teams and wins...I'll be impressed.

The Chiefs are too suspect from week to week. picking for against them weekly is russian roulette. I doubt Vegas gets alot of action with them.

Who shows up ready to play now is the question. can O/D do it together at home against the Buccs?

Frazod
10-27-2008, 08:55 AM
I mainly remember you as the guy who misspelled his own user name. LMAO

Crashride
10-27-2008, 08:59 AM
I am the guy that came out and said that it was remotely possible that thigpen could develop into a average guy and I got bashed to kingdom come for it...but now look was right. i am not by any means saying one game is enough to say he's the man, but i do feel he can develop into a solid player.

No, I dont remember you.

Huffman83
10-27-2008, 09:04 AM
No, I dont remember you.

zzzing!!!

Phobia
10-27-2008, 09:04 AM
I remember you. You came in and presented a well-reasoned argument why Tyler Thigpen was going to do exactly what he did yesterday. You get all the credit, Jerry. Congratulations.

Fairplay
10-27-2008, 09:06 AM
"jeffery"

ROFL

Sure-Oz
10-27-2008, 09:07 AM
1 game doesn't mean shit, Huard has had some real good games for us too

Gonzo
10-27-2008, 09:12 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fs0cYJUqJys&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fs0cYJUqJys&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Demonpenz
10-27-2008, 09:16 AM
thigpen was insanely accurate. Even when he wasn't accurate it was atleast in a place where bowe could go up and get it. Still a a dog's butt gets some sunshine or whatever the saying is. For one day the chiefs were fun again!

Manila-Chief
10-27-2008, 10:01 AM
We sign Culpepper, Thiggy plays really good again, gets a win but has to give up the starting spot to Dante the following week.

Sounds about right for how the Chiefs do things.

I know it is less than a 1% chance but I'm interested in seeing what the kid can do. Stranger things than this have happened at the QB position.

We need to keep in mind that NFL teams have not had a chance to game plan against him. We'll see how good he is when he plays teams that have a good defense and plan to stop him.

Course ... his biggest obstacle is playing for a coach who is incabable of developing a young QB. Now, he may not have the talent/decision making to be a good QB ... but, until we get a genuine coach ... we'll never know.

blueballs
10-27-2008, 10:11 AM
I don't recall dis-membering you
not something one is likely to forget

King_Chief_Fan
10-27-2008, 10:28 AM
you can't lay one brick and be called a brick layer. he really did well this game. can it be sustained?

kstater
10-27-2008, 10:42 AM
I'm shocked, SHOCKED this thread went this way. These types of threads usually turn out well for the starter.

Demonpenz
10-27-2008, 10:48 AM
you can't lay one brick and be called a brick layer. he really did well this game. can it be sustained?

no no no. The saying is all it takes it to suck one dick to become a dick sucker

Tom_A_Hawk
10-27-2008, 10:55 AM
no no no. The saying is all it takes it to suck one dick to become a dick sucker

GoChiefs going to defend this?

milkman
10-29-2008, 07:06 AM

I knew you were a Toys R Us kid.

petegz28
10-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Ummmm nope. Thank you.

burt
10-29-2008, 07:40 AM
While I understand all the negative comments, I believe Thigpen IS developing. He MAY become something. Only time will tell...positive or negative. But right now, I am hopefull.

Skip Towne
10-29-2008, 08:12 AM
No, Jeffery, it was me that said all that stuff not you.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-29-2008, 08:18 AM
I don't wanna grow up
I'm a Toys R Us kid
So many QB's sucking balls
That I can play with!!!

burt
10-29-2008, 09:34 AM
I don't wanna grow up
I'm a Toys R Us kid
So many QB's sucking balls
That I can play with!!!

That didn't rhyme......

ChiefGator
10-29-2008, 10:14 AM
He can't be the QBOTF. he was drafted in the seventh round.

Fairplay
10-29-2008, 10:22 AM
The day that will live in infamy.

Ultra Peanut
10-29-2008, 10:30 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y_9sB92dJzM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y_9sB92dJzM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

EyePod
10-29-2008, 10:39 AM
The thing is that I think he's done awesome for a 7th round draft pick. Even if he's only a filler, I'm fine with that.

Over-Head
10-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Shut the fuck up n00b

(hell 3 pages and not a word from Skip yet? Someone had to :thumb: )

FAX
10-29-2008, 06:10 PM
That didn't rhyme......

It didn't even make sense. I'm a little disappointed in Mr. Mr Flopnuts, to be honest.

One of the worst all-time posts of all times.

FAX

Pablo
10-29-2008, 06:13 PM
OK Tim McGraw...we'll always remember you.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bLyKEToqME0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bLyKEToqME0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ebolapox
10-29-2008, 06:15 PM
http://iandore.co.uk/doresdiscodiary/uploaded_images/butler-701885.jpg

hey, you were that one guy on that one show, yes?

chiefs1111
10-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Yeah,well we will see how Thiggy looks this week against a real defense..

FAX
10-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Shut the **** up n00b

(hell 3 pages and not a word from Skip yet? Someone had to :thumb: )

I have noticed, Mr. Over-Head, that Mr. Skip Towne has been going very easy on the N00b (sp?) population over the past year or so. In a way, it's kind of nice since it demonstrates a willingness and desire on his part to put aside past prejudices and accept peeps for who they are regardless of tenure or experience.

On the other hand, Mr. Zouk hasn't been run off.

FAX

FAX
10-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Yeah,well we will see how Thiggy looks this week against a real defense..

The Jets defense isn't terrible, Mr. chiefs1111. At least, their run defense isn't bad.

FAX

chiefs1111
10-29-2008, 06:27 PM
The Jets defense isn't terrible, Mr. chiefs1111. At least, their run defense isn't bad.

FAX

ok well lets put it this way,lets see him play like this or close to it for a few more games before we go saying he's our QB of the Future.

SAUTO
10-29-2008, 06:29 PM
ok well lets put it this way,lets see him play like this or close to it for a few more games before we go saying he's our QB of the Future.

it really depends on the teams offensive philosophy, if we go back to what we know he will suck, if we try to replicate sunday's first 3 qtrs then who knows

FAX
10-29-2008, 06:32 PM

I couldn't agree more, Mr. chiefs1111. It's a little premature to declare him the answer at that position.

The thing is though, it's really tough to evaluate a quarterback on this team, behind this line, and under this coaching staff. Even Thiggy and his magical arm of destiny.

FAX

FAX
10-29-2008, 06:35 PM
it really depends on the teams offensive philosophy, if we go back to what we know he will suck, if we try to replicate sunday's first 3 qtrs the who knows

I think you're right, Mr. JASONSAUTO. We will know a lot more after we revert back to the RRPP offense ... or after he's planted on his ass 10 times in a half.

The key to playing quarterback on this team is your indestructibility quotient.

FAX

Over-Head
10-29-2008, 07:11 PM
I have noticed, Mr. Over-Head, that Mr. Skip Towne has been going very easy on the N00b (sp?) population over the past year or so. In a way, it's kind of nice since it demonstrates a willingness and desire on his part to put aside past prejudices and accept peeps for who they are regardless of tenure or experience.

On the other hand, Mr. Zouk hasn't been run off.

FAX
You tellen me you turned Skip into a pussy?:eek:

FAX
10-29-2008, 07:31 PM
You tellen me you turned Skip into a pussy?:eek:

I wouldn't put it quite that strongly, Mr. Over-Head. He has, however, demonstrated a fascinating tendency to tergiversate in respect to N00b (sp?) attacks, warranted or otherwise.

I fear that he may have gone the way of the N00b (sp?) and is no longer the feared poster he used to be. Perhaps he has met a young, female N00b (sp?) who has altered his worldview.

FAX

teedubya
10-29-2008, 08:00 PM
I remember... you are the dude who misspelled his username.

Skip Towne
10-29-2008, 08:04 PM
I wouldn't put it quite that strongly, Mr. Over-Head. He has, however, demonstrated a fascinating tendency to tergiversate in respect to N00b (sp?) attacks, warranted or otherwise.

I fear that he may have gone the way of the N00b (sp?) and is no longer the feared poster he used to be. Perhaps he has met a young, female N00b (sp?) who has altered his worldview.

FAX

Young female n00bs - mmmmmm

10-29-2008, 08:04 PM
The old ''I told you so'' thread. CLASSIC!

kstater
10-29-2008, 08:08 PM

FAX

So you're saying Skip might have a nubile n00b?

FAX
10-29-2008, 08:15 PM
So you're saying Skip might have a nubile n00b?

How else would you explain it, Mr. kstater? Mr. Skip Towne's behavior is completely out of character. I think it's more than possible that some female is using her N00bish (sp?) wiles in an effort to mold him into something he is not. Meanwhile, Mr. Zouk is running wild.

FAX

chagrin
10-29-2008, 08:41 PM
While I understand all the negative comments, I believe Thigpen IS developing. He MAY become something. Only time will tell...positive or negative. But right now, I am hopefull.

Serious question, you would say that about any QB that lined up, who was a rookie or very young and had a decent game..wouldn't you? My belief is that's why some are saying the same thing, it's one game, he's young and different...and we're desperate.

FAX
10-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Serious question, you would say that about any QB that lined up, who was a rookie or very young and had a decent game..wouldn't you? My belief is that's why some are saying the same thing, it's one game, he's young and different...and we're desperate.

Obviously, I can't speak for Mr. T.B.A., but there's a part of me that is certainly consistent with your theory, Mr. chagrin.

It's been so long since the Chiefs had a young quarterback under center who has had any success whatsoever, it's difficult for me not to support the guy.

FAX

Frosty
10-30-2008, 07:37 AM
OK Tim McGraw...we'll always remember you.

Dude. If you are going to link to that song, at least do the original (and superior by far) version of it. :shake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-dDIWR_Au4

Iowanian
10-30-2008, 09:26 AM
I knew you were a Toys R Us kid.

Toys R US is where Mecca arranges meetings with his chics from myspace.

whoman69
10-30-2008, 09:53 AM
The best thing I can say about Thigpen is he allowed us to stay out of the Culpepper sweepstakes.

FAX
10-30-2008, 12:25 PM
The best thing I can say about Thigpen is he allowed us to stay out of the Culpepper sweepstakes.

Excellent point. Very, very excellent point.

FAX

Fairplay
10-30-2008, 03:20 PM
It will go down in history as a moment of biblical proportions.

Let it be written in the journals of mankind for the people to read about in the centuries after us.

burt
10-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Obviously, I can't speak for Mr. T.B.A., but there's a part of me that is certainly consistent with your theory, Mr. chagrin.

It's been so long since the Chiefs had a young quarterback under center who has had any success whatsoever, it's difficult for me not to support the guy.

FAX

You can speak for me anytime Mr. Fax.....I couldn't have said it better, myself! Besides, I would have misspelled something.

JuicesFlowing
10-30-2008, 03:32 PM
If Thigpen becomes our QBOTF, then you will be legendary, jeffery. He needs to lead the Chiefs to a few wins this year and keep passing well. I was most impressed last Sunday. I can no longer trash his 40% completion percentage. It's nearly 50% now.

alpha_omega
10-30-2008, 03:37 PM

I don't remember, but could you please link back to that thread so we can all re-live (or experience it for the 1st time) your original lambasting.

That way we can all have some context.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2008, 03:45 PM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=192158&highlight=Thigpen

9/22/2008

Exactly.

The Chiefs were in a position to score two more times today and failed. One was a missed field goal, the other on the goal line.

I know people are going to bitch, bitch, bitch but for 7th round QB who was waived from his team who played against 1-AA competition, the kid has performed beyond my expectations.

What the **** is the point of playing Huard? Come on, Mic. Tell us.

Huard's a washed up, never was. Tyler Thigpen is young player who put the Chiefs in a position to score 4 times in his second start and scored twice.

Let him GROW. He played better this week than last week and my guess is that he only gets better.

Huard only gets hurt. And hurts the team.

First off, they're essentially the youngest team in the league. They aren't "used" to losing because most of these guys are rookies. Secondly, Thigpen hasn't been horrible. He's a 7th round 1-AA guy forced into starting.

Do any of you actually think that Tony Romo would have performed better if he had been forced into starting for the Cowboy 3 1/2 seasons before he played?

I don't think he would have done as well, frankly.

There ya go, Jeffery

chiefsngop
10-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Looks like Dane went out on the limb for Thigpen if anyone did.....

Thigpen's gotta do it again & again though, much left to be seen.

Good news for Thiggy is he'll get the chance to prove some right and some wrong.

Fairplay
10-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Jeffery did an act of courage to speak out on his beliefs.

His magnificence is beyond belief. May i be blessed with clairvoyence one day.

Fairplay
10-31-2008, 04:24 AM
Jeffery's words of wisdom about Thigpen has enlightened us all.

We shall throw a grand party for him. Put him on our shoulders and parade him around. With laughter and pleasantries will flourish in celebration.

Fairplay
10-31-2008, 11:06 AM
And we will make a statue of him. It will be even bigger then the statue of liberty. So they may come and pay homage to the great one.

Fairplay
10-31-2008, 01:27 PM
A National holiday to Jeffery shall be decreed through out the land.

A day of joy and song, a day of dance and sing, a day to merry and play.

Spicy McHaggis
10-31-2008, 04:34 PM
http://rememberbender.ytmnd.com/

REMEMBER ME!

Fairplay
10-31-2008, 05:05 PM
And a major city will be named after him. Perhaps Chicago, or LA. or even New York.

One of these cities will have the honor to be renamed after him.

It is an honor that simply cannot be repaid. Rejoice! Rejoice!