PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Would you welcome Marty back?

DaFace
10-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Seems like there may have been a poll about this a while back, but I can't seem to find it, so maybe I'm just imagining things.

Anyway, the question's simple. Would you welcome Marty back to the Chiefs in any capacity? Poll's on the way.

Reerun_KC
10-27-2008, 05:50 PM
NO FREAKING WAY, Just like mullets, they are out of style, so is Marty and mediocrity...

Hammock Parties
10-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Nein.

shaneo69
10-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Fuck no!

StcChief
10-27-2008, 05:52 PM
other choices that would come here? really

Bwana
Granted, he would be better than Herm, (As would any average Joe walking the streets after 2 AM) but he would be far from my first choice.

KCChiefsMan
if he was replacing Carl I would welcome that

Over-Head
10-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Why certianly.
As long as he's in KC, he ain't in Oaktown :D

You bunch need more than a new HC

DaFace
Gawddammit...I screwed up the poll. Should be multiple choice. Gimme a minute.

Red Dawg
Yes I would. Marty has learned alot since his days here. He built a SB team in SD that didn't just run the ball every down.

Reerun_KC
Where is the "I dont want Marty in any capacity" option?

Reerun_KC
10-27-2008, 05:54 PM
Yes I would. Marty has learned alot since his days here. He built a SB team in SD that didn't just run the ball every down.

And you can thank AJ SMith for forcing Marty to not Marty all the time with Cam Cameron and the Offense...

QuikSsurfer
10-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Fuck no

Hammock Parties
10-27-2008, 05:56 PM
It would be exciting, and I'd certainly be rooting for Marty. I've always liked him as a person. He inspires me. And I'm sure we'd be competitive and make the playoffs. He would make Arrowhead great again, I'm sure.

But deep down, I'd be having fun knowing a let down would be coming. And that would suck.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-27-2008, 05:58 PM
It would be exciting, and I'd certainly be rooting for Marty. I've always liked him as a person. He inspires me. And I'm sure we'd be competitive and make the playoffs. He would make Arrowhead great again, I'm sure.

But deep down, I'd be having fun knowing a let down would be coming. And that would suck.

I don't think it could be put any better.

Deberg_1990
10-27-2008, 05:58 PM
No.

IM tired of this f*ckin franchise and its F*ckin fanbase seemingly incapable of ever moving on and forward.

Reerun_KC
10-27-2008, 06:00 PM
No.

IM tired of this f*ckin franchise and its F*ckin fanbase seemingly incapable of ever moving on and forward.

Solid post!

I approve this message!

chiefs1111
10-27-2008, 06:00 PM
No to Marty and no to Bill Cowher

Reerun_KC
10-27-2008, 06:01 PM
DaFace, you should of made this public....

Buck
10-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Being a Charger Fan, I just wanted to see the results, so I voted for ---

Basileus777
10-27-2008, 06:09 PM
No.
No.
No.

Johnny Vegas
10-27-2008, 06:12 PM
how the hell is the fan base going to move on if the new era of Chiefs football can't make a first down? There's nothing I see promising when Herm and Carl make the decisions now and into the future. So until the change I'll just rewind the VHS and watch some Marty ball.

SDChief
10-27-2008, 06:17 PM
I said somewhat happy, only because I'm sure that Marty would not work under carl again, so if Marty was here that would mean carl was gone. the D would get fixed and hopefully the GM would get him a OC that would have his own say

Reerun_KC
10-27-2008, 06:36 PM
how the hell is the fan base going to move on if the new era of Chiefs football can't make a first down? There's nothing I see promising when Herm and Carl make the decisions now and into the future. So until the change I'll just rewind the VHS and watch some Marty ball.

Moving forward is removing Carl and all rements of Martyocre from the halls of arrowhead...

That is how you move forward... Bring back Marty is not moving forward, it is trying to relive the 90's and mullets at arrowhead.

the Talking Can
10-27-2008, 06:41 PM
why do chiefs fans always, and only, look backwards?

of course we don't want marty back....jesus....

Molitoth
10-27-2008, 06:53 PM
I would welcome any Carl replacement, expecially Marty.

Johnny Vegas
10-27-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm just one voice so don't get your panties wet because I want Marty back as GM. We all have our thoughts on what's best for the team. I'm just not going out of my way to convince fans that don't want Marty back to jump off a cliff for not thinking like me.

Johnny Vegas
10-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Moving forward is removing Carl and all rements of Martyocre from the halls of arrowhead...

That is how you move forward... Bring back Marty is not moving forward, it is trying to relive the 90's and mullets at arrowhead.

it took 22 minutes to think of something to burn me on? lol

Reerun_KC
10-27-2008, 07:01 PM
it took 22 minutes to think of something to burn me on? lol

burn you on? What do you mean?

I thought this was a discussion board?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Truly one of the dumbest fan bases in the NFL, regardless of their "passion".

FringeNC
10-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Where is the data to suggest Marty could be a good GM? He has a good coaching record, but GM? Come on, people.

Reerun_KC
10-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Where is the data to suggest Marty could be a good GM? He has a good coaching record, but GM? Come on, people.

We he did bring in players like Morris, Vanover and Rison, Oh and Wayne Simmons...

Didnt he draft Shawn Roidman?

Johnny Vegas
10-27-2008, 07:21 PM
burn you on? What do you mean?

I thought this was a discussion board?

it was actually a light hearted joke.

milkman
10-27-2008, 07:24 PM
why do chiefs fans always, and only, look backwards?

of course we don't want marty back....jesus....

Because this organization has sucked ass for so long, they are trying to find the lips on theirs.

milkman
10-27-2008, 07:25 PM
We he did bring in players like Morris, Vanover and Rison, Oh and Wayne Simmons...

Didnt he draft Shawn Roidman?

No.

AJ Smith drafted Merriman.

melbar
10-27-2008, 07:26 PM
your calling the Marty era mediocracy? I'd take double digit wins every year now in a heartbeat. Look what he's done with every team he has gone to . Bad luck in the playoffs can only last so long and the Chiefs were NEVER an embarasment with Marty in charge. Hell to the Ya I'd take him back. His last season coaching he was 14-2 and the Chargers havent gotten any better without him.

KCFalcon59
10-27-2008, 07:29 PM
I'd be happy if they hired Marty to give the pregame motivational speech. Then he can go home until the next weeks game.

Reerun_KC
10-27-2008, 07:29 PM
No.

AJ Smith drafted Merriman.

Well everybody keeps saying that Marty is responsible for the talent and turn around in SD, Just wanted to make sure who was getting the players and coordinators for Marty.

Thanks.

Reerun_KC
10-27-2008, 07:30 PM
your calling the Marty era mediocracy? I'd take double digit wins every year now in a heartbeat. Look what he's done with every team he has gone to . Bad luck in the playoffs can only last so long and the Chiefs were NEVER an embarasment with Marty in charge. Hell to the Ya I'd take him back. His last season coaching he was 14-2 and the Chargers havent gotten any better without him.

Yet the Chargers went to the AFC championship game once they removed Marty from the equation.

Marty hasnt won a playoff game since Joe Montana bailed him out against Pitt and Houston.....

Reerun_KC
10-27-2008, 07:31 PM
it was actually a light hearted joke.

Ah okay....:D

acasas4
10-27-2008, 07:38 PM
I'll give credit where it's due. I liked Marty as a coach. I believe he took a lot of average Chiefs teams to regular season records that were better than the talent they had, but when playoff time came around their weaknesses were exposed. Of course I blame Carl too for trying to go on the cheap sometimes.
That being said, with all due respect to Marty, no. It's time to move forward.
Without Carl and Herm of course.

milkman
10-27-2008, 07:38 PM

Never winning a fucking Championship is just so satisfying.

Martyocrity and Martyopia rule in KC!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-27-2008, 07:41 PM
I'll give credit where it's do. I liked Marty as a coach. I believe he took a lot of average Chiefs teams to regular season records that were better than the talent they had, but when playoff time came around their weaknesses were exposed. Of course I blame Carl too for trying to go on the cheap sometimes.
That being said, with all do respect to Marty, no. It's time to move forward.
Without Carl and Herm of course.

I don't support a philosophy of chickenshit cowardice in the playoffs. The man's nuts crawled up in his stomach whenever the rubber met the road.

Cormac
10-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Marty's a retread. He couldn't change anything in a significant way at Arrowhead if he came back.

I could tolerate him coming here as GM, but wouldn't choose it. He is forever linked with Donnell Bennett to me.

I would hate to see him back as the HC. He is forever linked with 3yds and a cloud of dust to me.

And no "other position" seems important enough to have him come back - or to matter much at the level of fanbase.

He had his last hurrah when he was at SD and he still flunked out of the playoffs then.

Leave him be.

JMO.

redbrian
10-27-2008, 08:02 PM
hell no, Marty is not the right choice for a rebuilding team......in any capacity.....

chop
10-27-2008, 08:25 PM
The things I liked about Marty:

Regular season record.
Always fielded tough defenses.
Motivated his players.
Hates Oakland.

Dislikes:

Playoff record.
Boring predictable offense (Plays safe).
Loyal to some players to a fault (Grbac over Gannon)

RedThat
10-27-2008, 08:40 PM

Regular season record.
Motivated his players.
Hates Oakland.

Dislikes:

Playoff record.

And I also loved the fact his team always won the TO battle. He knew and understood that concept and carried that approach in games.

2bikemike
10-27-2008, 08:55 PM
I wonder if Marty were the GM is he could do it without meddling.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-27-2008, 08:59 PM
There is an overwhelming majority of the Chiefsplanet contingency that want Marty back.

Mr. Laz
10-27-2008, 09:23 PM
wow ..... a big undecided on this subject

votes are all over the place

the Talking Can
10-27-2008, 09:25 PM
There is an overwhelming majority of the Chiefsplanet contingency that want Marty back.

otherwise known as True Fans.....they want anything but the unknown, no matter how miserable it is, at least it isn't "risky"....

Johnny Vegas
10-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Like it or not Marty will always be part of the Chiefs family tree.

Herm, well we can just cut that branch off...lol

Reerun_KC
10-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Like it or not Marty will always be part of the Chiefs family bush....

Herm, well we can just cut that little sappling off...lol

Bush, not a tree... Carl and Marty are a bush....

ChiefsCountry
10-27-2008, 09:58 PM
We can just please move on from Marty. It was a good run then but lets start something new and fresh. Lets find the next Hank Stram.

Johnny Vegas
10-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Bush, not a tree... Carl and Marty are a bush....

WTF was I thinkin'?:shake: lol

Johnny Vegas
10-27-2008, 10:04 PM
We can just please move on from Marty. It was a good run then but lets start something new and fresh. Lets find the next Hank Stram.

You want to move on, but want find the next Hank Stram?ROFL

best joke ever!

ChiefsCountry
10-27-2008, 10:06 PM
You want to move on, but want find the next Hank Stram?ROFL

best joke ever!

No the best joke ever is your love affair with Marty.

Johnny Vegas
10-27-2008, 10:06 PM
No the best joke ever is your love affair with Marty.

ROFL:clap:

you were serious? can you define irony for me?

PastorMikH
10-27-2008, 10:08 PM
I think it depends on who else the Chiefs are considering for the given job.

If it is a toss up at GM between Bradway or Marty, I'd take Marty.

If it is a toss up at HC Herm or Marty, I'd take Marty.

In fact, Marty would be better than ANY other canidate the existing staff would consider. Hopefully when changes get made, Clark is more aggressive than Lamar and the Chiefs have been in the past and actually brings in some competent choices that are actually better than Marty.

TrickyNicky
10-27-2008, 10:18 PM
No to coach
Neutral on GM
Happy for other role. Quality control in the front office similar to what Marv Levy does in Buffalo. Helps make contributions to the team without having any immediate decision-making. True fans are satisfied and I think we would be better off for it. My only fear if he was a GM would be that we'd still get a Schottenheimer as a HC.

ChiefJustice
10-27-2008, 10:31 PM
ROFL:clap:

you were serious? can you define irony for me?

All we have to do is slap a bad toupee on Marty and put him in a suit and tie.

Coaching is that simple.

Hank had assets few coaches will EVAR have in this league.

boogblaster
10-27-2008, 10:37 PM
I voted happy as GM .. Marty can pick talent ...

triple
10-27-2008, 10:40 PM
marty built 3 different teams that were pretty great. we could do a lot worse.

however, we just need a regime change, to get carl and herm out, and start over with an up and comer as a GM.

Johnny Vegas
10-27-2008, 10:49 PM

Coaching is that simple.

I understand that, but I'm laughing over here because he wants to move on and find the next Hank Stram.

I'll reword

"lets move on and find the next Marty!"

ChiefsCountry
10-27-2008, 10:57 PM
If Marty won a Super Bowl or actually got to one, then you might have more legs on that argument.

ChiefJustice
10-27-2008, 10:59 PM
I understand that, but I'm laughing over here because he wants to move on and find the next Hank Stram.

I'll reword

"lets move on and find the next Marty!"

I was actually agreeing with you and laughing at his post about going forward
by going back.

I just quoted the wrong post.

KcMizzou
10-27-2008, 11:01 PM
I don't even know what to think about that idea.

It boggles the mind.

Johnny Vegas
10-27-2008, 11:05 PM
I was actually agreeing with you and laughing at his post about going forward
by going back.

I just quoted the wrong post.

:doh!: :D

Thig Lyfe
10-27-2008, 11:19 PM
-----

melbar
10-27-2008, 11:56 PM

Regular season record.
Motivated his players.
Hates Oakland.

Dislikes:

Playoff record.

He learned about offense later. SD looked pretty potent that last year he was there

melbar
10-28-2008, 12:02 AM
Yet the Chargers went to the AFC championship game once they removed Marty from the equation.

Marty hasnt won a playoff game since Joe Montana bailed him out against Pitt and Houston.....

They went with the team Marty build. Marty would have gone to the SB with the Browns if not for a fumble on the 1 yrd line at the end of the game. Vasoline and bad calls screwed his Chiefs chances once, a bad kicker another time, and others were just plain being beat. At least we had a great team tht was fun to watch. Marty would break through eventually. Payton couldnt win the big one either till he did...

Hootie
10-28-2008, 01:08 AM
I'd be 100% happy if he came back as coach, and 95% happy if he came back as GM.

Reerun_KC
10-28-2008, 07:26 AM
They went with the team Marty build. Marty would have gone to the SB with the Browns if not for a fumble on the 1 yrd line at the end of the game. Vasoline and bad calls screwed his Chiefs chances once, a bad kicker another time, and others were just plain being beat. At least we had a great team tht was fun to watch. Marty would break through eventually. Payton couldnt win the big one either till he did...

With Marty it is always "if's" and "buts", "if this" or they went with Marty's players.... Blah Blah Blah...

The evidence supports that you give Marty to much control and bad things happen. You give Marty a good GM and he can build you a regular season powerhouse year in and out.

But you can if and but it to death, Marty doesnt have a 5 and 15 playoff record for nothing. He is a curse to the playoffs and doesnt belong.

whoman69
10-28-2008, 09:19 AM
GM role, not so much. He doesn't have any experience on the business side. Coach role, no way I'd trade Marty Jr. for the real thing even though we would have regular season success. Some other role like what Parcelles has with the Dolphins would be a great idea though our GM would be miserable as hell.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-28-2008, 09:21 AM
I liked Marty when he was here, but i dont want him back, we need some fresh new faces at arrowhead

dallaschiefsfan
10-28-2008, 09:27 AM
While I don't think Marty would do this, I'd at least be more interested in Marty if...

...I KNEW FOR A FACT that he was on a two year contract with a clause that he becomes some adviser or some-such after that.

...I KNEW FOR A FACT that he had NOTHING to do with personnel decision during those two years.

While I don't think the pride/competitor in Marty would agree with this...if he would...you can guarantee the following would happen:

1. Our young guys would be taught well and the "fundamentals" issues we have would go away.

2. We would KILL the Raiders four times in a row and renew the tradition of Raiders week and the humiliation of Al Davis

3. Pride would return to Arrowhead...Marty would respect and rebuild tradition, 12 man pride and become an advocate for the fans that we lack in Germ. Passion from the sideline would return...as opposed to "deer in headlights" Herm.

4. Any coach that took over, would inherit a well-coached team tailor-made for the playoffs. Marty should not be allowed to coach the team when we're playoff bound.

Brock
10-28-2008, 09:30 AM
They went with the team Marty build.

Marty didn't build that team.

Reerun_KC
10-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Marty didn't build that team.

AJ Smith built that team... Force Marty's hands out of the offense as well..

Chieftain58
10-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Condense the poll. see where everyone stands......

DT58HOF
10-28-2008, 02:37 PM
NO FREAKING WAY, Just like mullets, they are out of style, so is Marty and mediocrity...

being below mediocrity is so much better,ROFL

KCTitus
10-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Marty as GM? Are you kidding me?

milkman
10-28-2008, 07:02 PM

Coaching is that simple.

I'm not sure what assets you are referring to, but Hank Stram was highly innovative and creative.

People can talk all they want about Bill Walsh's genius in creating the west coact offense, but the fact is, Hank was doing much of same thing with his offense, except that he was also using a moving pocket as part of his offensive package as well, which was something that no one had really done before him.

He also created the stack defense, which utilized Bobby Bell as a down D-Lineman or a LB depending on situation, effectively becoming the first to use a 3-4 defense.

I'd be happy as hell to get a coach in here that's as innovative as Hank was.