PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Turns out Culpepper turned Chiefs down!

KC4EVER
10-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Conflicting with Bob Gretz report, it looks like Culpepper has a better offer?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8728262/Sources:-Culpepper-drops-visit-with-Chiefs?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162ATT=5

shaneo69
10-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Gretz lied? Shocking!

rad
10-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Going to Dallas, probably. Or maybe Detroit?

The Bad Guy
10-27-2008, 08:12 PM
I know some of you are going to believe Gretz over Glazer, but Glazer is absolutely, positively the most accurate NFL reporter there is.

That said, Culpepper is a fucking homo.

Sure-Oz
10-27-2008, 08:29 PM
I know some of you are going to believe Gretz over Glazer, but Glazer is absolutely, positively the most accurate NFL reporter there is.

That said, Culpepper is a ****ing homo.

No shit...i probably would believe Glazer as well

Mr. Laz
10-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Sources: Culpepper drops visit with Chiefs

<!-- // Writer Attribution// --><!-- Meta Tag For Search --><!-- meta name="author" content="Jay Glazer"--><!-- meta name="source" content="FOXSports.com"--><!-- meta name="eventId" content=""--><!-- meta name="contentTypeCode" content="1"--><!-- meta name="editorContentCode" content="1"--><!-- meta name="blurb" content=""--> <!-- meta name="modDate" content="October 28, 2008 01:30:38 GMT"--> http://msn.foxsports.com/id/7109996_6_9.jpg (http://msn.foxsports.com/writer/Jay-Glazer?authorId=228)

by Jay Glazer (http://msn.foxsports.com/writer/Jay-Glazer?authorId=228)

Jay Glazer is a Senior NFL Writer for
FOXSports.com on MSN and also
appears every week on FOX NFL
Sunday as the network's NFL Insider.

<!-- // Story Tools // --><script type="text/javascript">addthis_pub = 'foxSports';</script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/152/addthis_widget.js"></script> Updated: October 27, 2008, 8:30 PM EST

<script type="text/javascript"> //document.getElementById('number_of_comments').innerHTML = commentCount+" Comments"; </script><!-- // Story Content // --> <script> if(fanid.length > 0 && typeof(nflDefaultLeague)!= "undefined") { leagueId = nflDefaultLeague; //find teamId of default league (if exists) for(var i=0; i < teamsInfo.length; i++){ if(teamsInfo[i][4] == leagueId){ defaultTeamId = teamsInfo[i][0]; } } var fantasyLeaguePlayerJsPath = 'http://msn.foxsports.com' + '/nugget/200002_' + leagueId + '|||' + fanid; } </script> Daunte Culpepper has been out of the league long enough where he shouldn't have his own soap opera, right? Apparently not, as Culpepper is now officially starring in his own curious set of events.
<!-- ========== LINKS ========= -->
Last week, Culpepper threw out a completely outrageous contract request to teams vying for his services. Those teams balked at giving him a figure for next year that he was hoping to reach in the eight figures. On Friday, he came down from that preposterous request and agreed to meet with the Chiefs on Tuesday for a physical and face-to-face negotiations.

But one day before he was to meet for a chance to get back into the NFL, Culpepper has turned down yet another odd path.

FOXSports.com has learned that Culpepper told the Chiefs on Monday that he has a better opportunity with another team and was thus going to cancel his Tuesday visit. It's not clear which team, if any, he was referring to, but that was the last straw for the Chiefs as they have now completely moved on.

"That was pretty much it for us," said one Chiefs source. "He just told us he thinks he has a better chance with somebody else and that was pretty much the extent of it. That's closed the door for us."

Earlier in the year, Culpepper was on the verge of being signed by the Steelers until he asked for a salary, according to a source, in the $3 million range. Pittsburgh quickly moved on and signed Byron Leftwich. Culpepper has been acting as his own agent, which has made his return to the NFL tricky.

Deberg_1990
10-27-2008, 08:34 PM
He would be a perfect fit for Dallas right now. Dallas was dumb to not upgrade over Johnson this past offseason.

kcxiv
10-27-2008, 08:38 PM
Bet he ends up in S.F.

BTAU
10-27-2008, 08:41 PM
He would be a perfect fit for Dallas right now. Dallas was dumb to not upgrade over Johnson this past offseason.

I don't think he ends up in Dallas at this point. By the time he would be able to learn the offense, Romo would be ready to return. I do agree with you that he would be perfect ofr thier situation right now.

Bill Lundberg
10-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Bet he ends up in S.F.

No way, he holds the ball way too long to be in a Martz offense

Bill Lundberg
10-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Detroit, they have the young version of Randy Moss in Calvin Johnson.

The Bad Guy
10-27-2008, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Minnesota.

RedThat
10-27-2008, 08:47 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Minnesota.

Childress is the reason he left there. He didn't want to run his kind of offense.

Deberg_1990
10-27-2008, 08:49 PM
New England. Culpepper to Moss part II

Mr. Flopnuts
10-27-2008, 08:52 PM
He's a dipshit and I question whether he has any opportunities at all. If he did, why hasn't he signed by now? He tried to squeeze the Cheaps for more money. LMAO Didn't that poor fucker know any better? Carl Peterson handing over money? For realz? I'm starting to think that the reason Culpepper isn't in the league right now is because he has the worst agent in the history of sports.

RedThat
10-27-2008, 08:56 PM
I can't even believe the Chiefs were looking at this guy, he seems like a selfish loser.

chagrin
10-27-2008, 09:17 PM
I can't even believe the Chiefs were looking at this guy, he seems like a selfish loser.

I agree totally, even with our sad state why look at that douche; he's done and he's stupid as well

PRIEST
10-27-2008, 09:19 PM
Culcrapper does not even want to play for HermROFL I would not want him in KC to begin with, but still he has better offers .

dj56dt58
10-27-2008, 09:21 PM
well, if Thigpens game Sunday was a fluke and he still sucks then we'll get a high pick and probably get Stafford, if we don't get a high pick, then Thigpen has probably proved himself to be our qboft

that or Carl accidently fired Herm and had to trade our 1st pick to the unemployment line to get him back...

Buehler445
10-27-2008, 09:29 PM
He's a dipshit and I question whether he has any opportunities at all. If he did, why hasn't he signed by now? He tried to squeeze the Cheaps for more money. LMAO Didn't that poor fucker know any better? Carl Peterson handing over money? For realz? I'm starting to think that the reason Culpepper isn't in the league right now is because he has the worst agent in the history of sports.

It's funny you mention that as he is his own agent. I don't know if that is intended, but it is very correct.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-27-2008, 09:30 PM
It's funny you mention that as he is his own agent. I don't know if that is intended, but it is very correct.

It was very intended. ;)

chiefs1111
10-27-2008, 09:31 PM
oh well no great loss

Buehler445
10-27-2008, 09:32 PM
It was very intended. ;)

I get you. Sorry I'm a little slow...It's a Monday.

raybec 4
10-27-2008, 09:34 PM
He's a total jackass, he sent out the letter at the beginning of the year about how the NFL was fucking him because he was his own agent. He totally screwed himself in Pittsburgh and apparently here too.

Flustrated
10-27-2008, 09:41 PM
He's a total jackass, he sent out the letter at the beginning of the year about how the NFL was ****ing him because he was his own agent. He totally screwed himself in Pittsburgh and apparently here too.

You call not chosing to play behind this O-line and for this head coach screwing himself? Like I said in another post a while back, you could put Joe Montana in at QB for the 2008 Chiefs, and he would stink too.

Sure-Oz
10-27-2008, 09:44 PM
You call not chosing to play behind this O-line and for this head coach screwing himself? Like I said in another post a while back, you could put Joe Montana in at QB for the 2008 Chiefs, and he would stink too.

The guy can't be picky at all. He is lucky to even get a chance to play anywhere at this point. Most teams obviously don't give a shit what he did with Randy Moss and Chris Carter years ago.

raybec 4
10-27-2008, 09:45 PM

That could be, but he cried like a bitch cause no one signed him and now his fat ass is on the couch. If he wanted to be in the league he would have taken the chance, if he believed he had any skills left he would have tried to showcase them.

Flustrated
10-27-2008, 09:47 PM
That could be, but he cried like a bitch cause no one signed him and now his fat ass is on the couch. If he wanted to be in the league he would have taken the chance, if he believed he had any skills left he would have tried to showcase them.

Still playing for our beloved Chefs this year would set any QB up for failure. If he is serious about playing long-term, this is not the place to demonstrate a QB's skills.

Logical
10-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Culpepper has a better offer? Detroit or Cincinnati?

Sure-Oz
10-27-2008, 09:52 PM
Culpepper has a better offer? Detroit or Cincinnati?

I could see Cincy more so than Detroit.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-27-2008, 09:54 PM
I get you. Sorry I'm a little slow...It's a Monday.

Heh, I'm only slow on days that end in Y.

KCChiefsMan
10-27-2008, 10:06 PM
he probably realized he couldn't out-perform Thigpen and didn't want to bother trying

Bill Lundberg
10-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Detroit, they have the young version of Randy Moss in Calvin Johnson.

Detroit media (101.1 WRIF) is reporting (via Tom Kowalski) that DC is in town right now. Callers called in saying they saw him at the D airport

update...now reporting that he's gonna workout today in Detroit

Mr. Arrowhead
10-28-2008, 09:18 AM
who really cares who turned each other down. The bottom line is Culsucker will not be a chief which is good in my book.

alpha_omega
10-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Who cares...at least he isn't coming here.

ziggysocki
10-28-2008, 09:58 AM
Anyone else ever think that Culpepper's helmet just looked to damn small on his big ugly ass head? I'm just sayin...

Dave Lane
10-28-2008, 10:15 AM
He's a dipshit and I question whether he has any opportunities at all. If he did, why hasn't he signed by now? He tried to squeeze the Cheaps for more money. LMAO Didn't that poor ****er know any better? Carl Peterson handing over money? For realz? I'm starting to think that the reason Culpepper isn't in the league right now is because he IS the worst agent in the history of sports.

He's his own agent ouch!!

Mr. Plow
10-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Heh, I'm only slow on days that end in Y.

Wait a minute.....EVERY day ends in Y.......

HypnotizedMonkey
10-28-2008, 12:01 PM
I hope he gets Detroit a couple of wins.

StcChief
10-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Detroit media (101.1 WRIF) is reporting (via Tom Kowalski) that DC is in town right now. Callers called in saying they saw him at the D airport

update...now reporting that he's gonna workout today in Detroit
if he get's them couple wins I'm happy. as long as we stay with one Win.

Cincy needs to beat us and we got #1 pick in 2009.

DT58HOF
10-28-2008, 12:09 PM
No way, he holds the ball way too long to be in a Martz offense

i think he meant to SF with the homo'szzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bill Lundberg
10-28-2008, 12:12 PM
if he get's them couple wins I'm happy. as long as we stay with one Win.

Cincy needs to beat us and we got #1 pick in 2009.

I'm not worried about Cincy, I don't think they will go QB at #1 unless Palmers Arm falls off

Sure-Oz
10-28-2008, 12:27 PM
He is in negotiations now with detroit to sign after working out...

I did not expect him to go there honestly with Stanton and Orlo

whoman69
10-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Anyone else ever think that Culpepper's helmet just looked to damn small on his big ugly ass head? I'm just sayin...

Valid point. :clap: Just not sure its relevent, or is it?

whoman69
10-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Wait a minute.....EVERY day ends in Y.......

Glad to see you're on top of everything for us.

Bill Lundberg
10-28-2008, 02:30 PM
News: MLive.com reports that free agent QB Daunte Culpepper (http://psk.football.sportsline.com/players/playerpage/133263) left the Lions practice facility Tuesday without signing a contract. There was some speculation that Culpepper might sign a deal because he had cancelled a visit to the Kansas City Chiefs, saying he found a team that would be a better fit. Culpepper, though, did not identify that team.
Analysis: Keep an eye on where Culpepper lands if a team signs him, but right now he has no Fantasy value and should not be owned in any leagues.

:) :) :) :)

Sure-Oz
10-28-2008, 02:39 PM
LMAO, serves him right

whoman69
10-28-2008, 02:51 PM
If Culpepper thinks any team is going to sign him for more than one year, he's mistaken if he thinks that anyone has him in their long term plans.