PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hali was injured in the JETS game?

EyePod
10-28-2008, 08:54 AM
"For the Chiefs, defensive end Tamba Hali of Teaneck recorded his first sack of the season, but left late in the game with an apparent knee injury. He came off the field just before Favre’s game-winning scoring pass."

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/jets/Jets_notebook_Late_scratch_for_Baker.html

I didn't hear about this until today. Anyone know if they've heard anything else about Hali getting injured? I think he's had knee problems in the past, and I don't want to see this as a continuing problem....

Demonpenz
10-28-2008, 08:59 AM
yeah hali is going to open up questionable to doubtful once the injury reports come out.

el borracho
10-28-2008, 08:59 AM
yep, he was rolling around holding his knee late in the game. Walked off on his own, though. Haven't heard any updates and don't much care, anyway. Hali is terrible and should be replaced at the first opportunity.

philfree
10-28-2008, 09:03 AM
yep, he was rolling around holding his knee late in the game. Walked off on his own, though. Haven't heard any updates and don't much care, anyway. Hali is terrible and should be replaced at the first opportunity.

His shoe was off. I think he faked an injury to stop the clock. We had T.O.s and he didn't need to do it but he did and it still cost us a T.O..

PhilFree:arrow:

el borracho
10-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Tyler's shoe was off, as well, and I didn't see him rolling around. :shrug: If Hali faked to avoid the timeout he is as dumb as he is useless.

MVChiefFan
10-28-2008, 09:07 AM
When he walked off the field he looked like he was fine...I didn't even notice a limp.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-28-2008, 09:20 AM
He did look 100 times better playing at his old DE spot. I hope he keeps it up.

Mr. Laz
10-28-2008, 09:50 AM
when is Hali not nicked up?

EyePod
10-28-2008, 10:16 AM
OH YEAH! I forgot when he was floundering around. I wish I saw his "belly flop" that the announcers said he took... Well, it was worth a try. I didn't realize that the rule was that you lose a timeout within the last two minutes... but it didn't really hurt us. Plus, you actually get longer for the injury timeout than a regular one, but it's still the same cost! I love getting more bang for my buck....

But yeah, It's not that good when Tamba Hali looks 100 times better at RDE than he did at LDE.... especially when he looked at about .05 on a 10-scale... I think most people would say he had about a 5 out of 10 in this past game. Still not a good thing when a total defensive combination of sacks is 1 and that's an improvement....

Bob Dole
10-28-2008, 10:20 AM
OH YEAH! I forgot when he was floundering around. I wish I saw his "belly flop" that the announcers said he took...

It was actually a "swan dive".

Reerun_KC
10-28-2008, 10:21 AM
I could see something like Hali faked an injury, we lost the TO, now Herm will put him on the injury report to make it look like Hali was really hurt.

I am surprised Herm hasnt already chucked Hali under the bus for costing the team a TO...

Pushead2
10-28-2008, 10:51 AM
fuck you herm

Hydrae
10-28-2008, 10:52 AM
I could swear Herm did not mention him in his last press conference as one of the ones nicked up after the game. He mentioned Surtain and Colquitt but I think that is all.

blueballs
10-28-2008, 11:18 AM
only offensive players
get the bus tracks

StcChief
10-28-2008, 12:15 PM
I could see something like Hali faked an injury, we lost the TO, now Herm will put him on the injury report to make it look like Hali was really hurt.

I am surprised Herm hasnt already chucked Hali under the bus for costing the team a TO... no This was Kolby Smith's game to be scapegoat....
like last year.

Every player has the opportunity to be bus fodder for Herm.

donkhater
10-28-2008, 02:16 PM
I think it speaks volumes that no one really noticed.