PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Think Herm planned this???

talastan
10-28-2008, 10:38 AM
With the crappy state of the O-line, the fact that we weren't throwing downfield much at all prior to this last Sunday, and the preseason reports that Herm liked Thigpen more than Croyle could the Germinator have planned this scenario for Croyle and Hutard getting injured to put Thigpen in an unquestionable position to lead the offense. It sure seemed like the Germ and Chan suddenly "improved" the play calling all of a sudden(minus the three runs up the butt that lost the game). Just curious... :hmmm:

Mr. Laz
10-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Herm isn't that smart

OnTheWarpath15
10-28-2008, 10:41 AM
:spock:

talastan
10-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Herm isn't that smart

Could Chan be maybe?

KCrockaholic
10-28-2008, 10:43 AM
no. Herm wouldve just put Thigpen 2nd string to avoid even playing Hutard to begin the season. But I know Herm has an eye for good talent. no questioning his scouting abilities, just his coaching sucks

Reerun_KC
10-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Could Chan be maybe?

No because he signed with Herm to be his OC.... That puts him in the stupid forever catagory...

Reerun_KC
10-28-2008, 10:45 AM
But I know Herm has an eye for good talent. no questioning his scouting abilities, just his coaching sucks

Damn you! I just choked on my Diet Dr Pepper!

That was the funnest thing I have heard all day....

I think you can question his scouting abilities and his eye for talent..... Many have and for good reason.

|Zach|
10-28-2008, 10:45 AM
and the preseason reports that Herm liked Thigpen more than Croyle

Link?

Mr. Laz
10-28-2008, 10:50 AM
Could Chan be maybe?
i don't think it would be about "smart" as much as it would be that Herm finally had to give up and let Chan do whatever with thiggy.

Pushead2
10-28-2008, 10:51 AM
as said before, FUck you Herm

KCrockaholic
10-28-2008, 10:52 AM
Damn you! I just choked on my Diet Dr Pepper!

That was the funnest thing I have heard all day....

I think you can question his scouting abilities and his eye for talent..... Many have and for good reason.

well looking at our draft picks since Herm came here, and looking back at his history in kc in the early 90's as a scout hes done a pretty good job. Dick Vermeil's draft classes almost always sucked. yet atleast Vermeil knew how to coach them after they got into camp. Herm just wants to make jokes and practice for 30 minutes and call it a day.

looking at this years draft class, I think herm did pretty good drafting these guys. Like Brandon Carr has done a pretty god job overall, and that was a guy that only Herm liked. Flowers has done good. and the rest of our team will come around eventually...Charles looks promising as well. Its hard to say much about Dick's draft classes other than Derrick Johnson and Dustin Colquitt lol

Reerun_KC
10-28-2008, 10:56 AM
well looking at our draft picks since Herm came here, and looking back at his history in kc in the early 90's as a scout hes done a pretty good job. Dick Vermeil's draft classes almost always sucked. yet atleast Vermeil knew how to coach them after they got into camp. Herm just wants to make jokes and practice for 30 minutes and call it a day.

looking at this years draft class, I think herm did pretty good drafting these guys. Like Brandon Carr has done a pretty god job overall, and that was a guy that only Herm liked. Flowers has done good. and the rest of our team will come around eventually...Charles looks promising as well. Its hard to say much about Dick's draft classes other than Derrick Johnson and Dustin Colquitt lol

Fair enough, but look at his DL other than a supposely cant miss pick with Dorsey, the talent level just really isnt there. Maybe it comes back to coaching like you stated. Which we are seriously lacking.

I do agree, he has picked a couple of stud CB's, But other than that, the players he has signed on the OL, the QB's he tried to sell this franchise, no true #2 WR...

There are plenty of spots to say he cant draft or sign players for crap, but you can see a spot or two that he can identify talent, So maybe Herm just needs to be a DB coach and DB scout. Because other than that postion, he knows absolutely shit about football...

Fish
10-28-2008, 11:02 AM
Herm isn't that smart

Yup.

To think that a coach could manage everything that is expected of him, while at the same time running a silly conspiracy that relies on many things outside of his control is just crazy...

L.A. Chieffan
10-28-2008, 11:07 AM
wtf

beach tribe
10-28-2008, 11:08 AM
I have almost made myself believe that this team wanted to fail this season. No competent coach would think he would succeed, and the only way you can get away with failing like this, is if the owner is on board. Which I think he is. They want a QB first round. They want to pick high. They saw what we did this year in the draft, and said "another one of those, and we could be in business".

Bob Dole
10-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Fair enough, but look at his DL other than a supposely cant miss pick with Dorsey, the talent level just really isnt there. Maybe it comes back to coaching like you stated. Which we are seriously lacking.

It's not like every other team in the country thought Dorsey was crap. Dorsey FELL to us.

The kid has talent. Anyone calling him a bust after half a season playing under these assclowns, is just as big an assclown.

blueballs
10-28-2008, 11:14 AM
McIntosh was the fall guy

smittysbar
10-28-2008, 11:22 AM
With the crappy state of the O-line, the fact that we weren't throwing downfield much at all prior to this last Sunday, and the preseason reports that Herm liked Thigpen more than Croyle could the Germinator have planned this scenario for Croyle and Hutard getting injured to put Thigpen in an unquestionable position to lead the offense. It sure seemed like the Germ and Chan suddenly "improved" the play calling all of a sudden(minus the three runs up the butt that lost the game). Just curious... :hmmm:

Dumb Post. :spock:

And what brings you to believe Herm liked Pigpen more than Croyle. :rolleyes:

talastan
10-28-2008, 11:38 AM
I can't remember the link or thread off the bat, but wasn't there a report from NFL.com Adam Scheffler that the staff thought Thigpen looked more promising and better than Croyle during TC this last summer? I'll try and see if I can dig it up. I know it is as solid a theory as quicksand, I'm just trying to make sense as to why in the hell the coaching and offensive philosophy changed suddenly from RRPP to the spread formation that helped us actually score some points....

FAX
10-28-2008, 11:38 AM
As much as I'd like to believe that Herm could think three steps ahead, I just can't.

He is a believer in "tenets" that he has absorbed and adopted during his time in the league. Why? Because he can't think for himself, that's why.

Herm can win when the stars align, we get lucky, or the enemy hands us the game. Otherwise, it's keep the game tight if you can and either; A) Pull out a victory at the end or B) Drop trou and let the opponent have at your ass with a dull cleaver.

FAX

Deberg_1990
10-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Yes, Herm planned it all out to be 1-15 over the past year to sabotage Carl.

talastan
10-28-2008, 11:43 AM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184375&highlight=Thigpen+croyle
Here is the report I was refering to. I guess he (Adam) was just saying that Thigpen was going to give Croyle some competetion for the starting position.

crazycoffey
10-28-2008, 11:51 AM
You're more bored than the rest of us, aren't you?

talastan
10-28-2008, 11:57 AM
You're more bored than the rest of us, aren't you?

Hell yes, I'm sitting at work trying to find a way to pass the time. :D

StcChief
10-28-2008, 12:01 PM
I have almost made myself believe that this team wanted to fail this season. No competent coach would think he would succeed, and the only way you can get away with failing like this, is if the owner is on board. Which I think he is. They want a QB first round. They want to pick high. They saw what we did this year in the draft, and said "another one of those, and we could be in business".that's believable, convince Clark Hunt that it takes two drafts to really get somewhere.

Throw in the LJ mess and get picks for him. Make sure Gonzo get's plenty of catches now show he's viable trade for more picks.

PastorMikH
10-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Herm plans to let two QBs get hurt, end their season, possibly a career just so he can start Thigpen? If Herm wanted to start Thigpen, all he had to do was brag about what he'd seen from the kid like he did with Croyle, then start him.

I'm thinking the changes in gameplan are more the result of the outcome of the season so far and the affects that outcome has had on the coaching staff and higher ups. Herm is either trying to save his job by opening it up or he was told by higher ups to do the same. What we saw with the O up until last week was what Herm's offense tends to look like (passive, run first mentality). What we saw Sunday looked more like what Gailey would run. I'm guessing either Herm has given Gailey more control or someone higher up told Herm to back off the O.

TEX
10-28-2008, 12:42 PM
no. Herm wouldve just put Thigpen 2nd string to avoid even playing Hutard to begin the season. But I know Herm has an eye for good talent. no questioning his scouting abilities, just his coaching sucks

The longer he's here - the myth is exposed. Question everything.

TEX
10-28-2008, 12:44 PM
I have almost made myself believe that this team wanted to fail this season. No competent coach would think he would succeed, and the only way you can get away with failing like this, is if the owner is on board. Which I think he is. They want a QB first round. They want to pick high. They saw what we did this year in the draft, and said "another one of those, and we could be in business".

Bingo! This is exactly why Herm and Carl will be back next year.

ChiefsFanatic
10-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Herm isn't that smart

You could really use this as a stock reply to anything Herm related.