PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Herm and DJ two goats from week 8

bowener
10-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Link (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=8726096&MSNHPHMA#sport=Adam%20Schein&photo=8728242)

http://msn.foxsports.com/id/8728242

Herm Edwards, Chiefs head coach

It was somewhere between classic and ironic to see the ultra-conservative Herm sit on the football and run down the stretch instead of letting Tyler Thigpen throw the ball in a game he dominated. Jets fans remember this script well when Edwards ran the Jets.
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/8728236

Derrick Johnson, Chiefs LB

If the Chiefs linebacker held on to a Brett Favre fourth-quarter pass, Johnson takes it to the house for a 10-point Kansas City lead. He dropped it. The Jets scored on the drive after the drop.

Buehler445
10-28-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't really fault DJ for not catching a ball. He was in good position and made a play on the ball. That is certainly a lot better than the alternative.

bluehawkdoc
10-28-2008, 09:54 PM
I can remember when Jet fans came over and tried to warn us of the Herminator. We crucified the poor suckers at the time. Wow, we drank the Kool-Aid and now we are choking on it.

stlchiefs
10-28-2008, 09:54 PM
I don't really fault DJ for not catching a ball. He was in good position and made a play on the ball. That is certainly a lot better than the alternative.

Did you miss the part where it hit him in the hands which were square in front of his chest?

KcMizzou
10-28-2008, 09:55 PM
DJ gets a pass. Herm, not so much..

Reerun_KC
10-28-2008, 09:58 PM
DJ gets a pass. Herm, not so much..

That happens to players 100 times a year all across the NFL. Look how many blantant INTS that were launched from Huards Wobble Launcher that were dropped this year..

But Herms typical end of game collaspe.. He has done that more than just this once, therefore he derserves all the critizism he gets...

KcMizzou
10-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Hence the phrase, "That's why he plays defense".

kcxiv
10-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Eh, the pick 6 that the JEts should have had cancel it out. They are defensive players. IF they catch the ball its a bonus. If not, i dont blame them.

Frazod
10-28-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm sorry, but when the ball hits you in the goddamn hands/chest like that, you catch it and run with it. It's not like this motherfucker's a 6th rounder.

Inexcusable.

:cuss:

Buehler445
10-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Did you miss the part where it hit him in the hands which were square in front of his chest?

No, but this....

That happens to players 100 times a year all across the NFL. Look how many blantant INTS that were launched from Huards Wobble Launcher that were dropped this year..

Hence the phrase, "That's why he plays defense".

Eh, the pick 6 that the JEts should have had cancel it out. They are defensive players. IF they catch the ball its a bonus. If not, i dont blame them.

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2008, 10:17 PM
I was there on the 50 yard line.

If DJ were a GREAT linebacker, he'd have been gone for six.

IMO, this is further proof the guy is average at best. The ball was in his hands and he couldn't make the play.

FTR, both of my friends immediately said that play would be the reason the Chiefs would lose.

They were right.

Lonewolf Ed
10-28-2008, 10:20 PM
I can remember when Jet fans came over and tried to warn us of the Herminator. We crucified the poor suckers at the time. Wow, we drank the Kool-Aid and now we are choking on it.

Well, it's sugar free vanilla Kool-Aid, so there you go! :doh!:

KcMizzou
10-28-2008, 10:24 PM
I was there on the 50 yard line.

If DJ were a GREAT linebacker, he'd have been gone for six.

IMO, this is further proof the guy is average at best. The ball was in his hands and he couldn't make the play.

FTR, both of my friends immediately said that play would be the reason the Chiefs would lose.

They were right.He may not be a "great" linebacker.

Maybe he'll only turn out to be a solid starter. That's less than what we hoped for, but it's not worth rolling the dice again, IMO.

This team dearly needs solid starters. A lot of them. It makes no sense at all to trade good young players for picks, if you're trying to rebuild.

Good old players? Ok, I get that... But trying to trade DJ is a silly idea.

FAX
10-28-2008, 10:26 PM
It's interesting to note the number of objective NFL observers who have taken the time to point out the problem with that late series. Herm's solidifying his position as supreme dumbass of the league. It's good to see.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
10-28-2008, 10:28 PM
He may not be a "great" linebacker.

Maybe he'll only turn out to be a solid starter. That's less than what we hoped for, but it's not worth rolling the dice again, IMO.

This team dearly needs solid starters. A lot of them. It makes no sense at all to trade good young players for picks, if you're trying to rebuild.

Good old players? Ok, I get that... But trying to trade DJ is a silly idea.

I didn't and don't advocate trading DJ.

I'm just pointing out that he's average, not great.

IF he were surrounded by better talent (MLB, OLB, DE, etc.) maybe he'd be able to relax and be more effective.

But right now, he's solid, not spectacular. And I don't expect that to change.

KcMizzou
10-28-2008, 10:32 PM
I didn't and don't advocate trading DJ.

I'm just pointing out that he's average, not great.

IF he were surrounded by better talent (MLB, OLB, DE, etc.) maybe he'd be able to relax and be more effective.

But right now, he's solid, not spectacular. And I don't expect that to change.Fair enough. And I agree.

To be honest... I got this thread mixed up with Hammas' "Trade DJ for a 2nd Round Pick" thread.

My bad.

stlchiefs
10-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Only a linemen could have an excuse for not catching a ball that hits them square in the hands like this one did. If DJ would have missed the INT he had against the Broncos I could see a reason, but this should have been an easy pick 6.

2bikemike
10-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Is it just me or does Herm look absolutely lost in that picture? Maybe I just have a pre-conceived notion of Herm.

chiefzilla1501
10-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Of course it would be that easy to blame two people because of two plays we didn't like.

The biggest culprit was Gunther Cunningham. One of his main responsibilities is to teach these players how to tackle, and that was single-handedly the reason why our defense couldn't stop anybody.

KcMizzou
10-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Is it just me or does Herm look absolutely lost in that picture? Maybe I just have a pre-conceived notion of Herm.Meh, one picture, or one sound-bite doesn't really say much of anything.

This problem, is the fact that that he's developing a history here in KC. And it's not a good one.

As a person... I think Herm's a stand-up guy. I genuinely like him. I like his attitude... his message. I would love for my boys to grow up to have the same values and honor he seems to have.

But, as a football coach? Sadly, I've become pretty convinced that he's just not very good at it.

KcMizzou
10-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Of course it would be that easy to blame two people because of two plays we didn't like.

The biggest culprit was Gunther Cunningham. One of his main responsibilities is to teach these players how to tackle, and that was single-handedly the reason why our defense couldn't stop anybody.Gunther's been a joke for years.

He's a caricature of himself.