PDA

View Full Version : Electronics LG LCD Televisions

angelo
10-29-2008, 08:42 AM
I am looking for a 37" LCD T.V. for a birthday present.

I found a LG 37" Scarlet model# 37lg60 for a good price.

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with LG and LCD

I currently have a 47" pioneer plasma and a 60 " pioneer plasma and love them.

Thank You

Ang

Demonpenz
10-29-2008, 10:01 AM
i had one for a couple days and it broke and the warrenty would cover it and my girlfriend and I broke up because of it breaking, she left me. I was homeless and did crack soon after. Good luck!

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-29-2008, 10:03 AM
They are alright.

LG actually makes a lot of the non name brands you find at several stores like Olevia and Insignia.

I wouldn't put them in the same class as Samsung, Sharp, or Sony, but they are generally a quality TV.

Cellphones are shit, however.

Pablo
10-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Obligatory "Buy a Samsung" post.

The only LG product I've ever owned was a cellphone and it was complete shit.

88TG88
10-29-2008, 03:38 PM
My friend has 3 50" and one of them is always breaking.

SAUTO
10-29-2008, 05:46 PM
i've had a 42" plasma lg for over a year now and it has never had any problems

crispystl
10-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Cellphones are shit, however.

Totally agree, specifically the rumor. I have had this p.o.s updated twice and sent away for four weeks for repairs and the p.o.s still does not work properly.

crispystl
10-29-2008, 06:35 PM
My friend has a fifty inch plasma lg t.v and has no problems . It has a good picture. Not as good as this 32 inch phillips I bought but 32 inch always looks better than 50.

Lzen
10-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Someone else told me the other day that LG cell phones are junk. My personal experience with them is that the wife had one a few years ago that was horrible for reception. Then, we both had the C2000(?) for a year or two and they were solid phones. Now we both have the LG VU. Seems okay so far.

I always thought that Samsung cell phones were the ones known for being crap.

Pablo
10-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Someone else told me the other day that LG cell phones are junk. My personal experience with them is that the wife had one a few years ago that was horrible for reception. Then, we both had the C2000(?) for a year or two and they were solid phones. Now we both have the LG VU. Seems okay so far.

I always thought that Samsung cell phones were the ones known for being crap.Samsung's phones are much better that LG's...but I've had a couple of Samsung phones and one was crap, the second one is decent. The only LG phone I ever had was a complete piece of shit.

Motorola is the only phone I've had decent results with.

Lzen
10-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Now see I have only had one Samsung phone. It was several years ago before I got the LG C2000. That Samsung phone was a piece of crap. My sister had the same phone and she also said it was junk.

More recently, my wife had a Motorola Razr (older model). It was a piece of junk, too.

The one phone that I can tell you was really good quality was my Sony Ericsson W810i. Also had the 310 and it was alright. My 12 year old is now using that one. Only major issue with the W810i was that my son's sound out of the ear part was pretty weak. Must have been a defect because the wife and I both had the same phone at the time and neither of us had that issue. Only problem I had was that I scratched the screen within the first few days of owning it. Later down the road, the phone ended up dropping out of my pocket while sitting in the recliner. Went to pull the recliner lever and cracked the phone's LCD screen. :shake: