PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Any word on LJ's meeting with the Commish?

KCKY-Fan4life
10-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Anybody know any details? I have not been able to find anything. Hopefully he will take into consideration the team sanctioned suspension we have dropped on LJ and the NFL suspension handed down by Roger will be light.

kstater
10-29-2008, 03:36 PM
He got banned for 3 years.

talastan
10-29-2008, 03:38 PM
I kinda hope that a formal suspension is leveled, not necessarily so he'll be out of games, but so it'll cost him his pay. Or maybe they can fine him the previous two weeks pay for the games that we've already made him sit out. I think unless this costs Larry some cash he won't learn a thing regardless of how long he doesn't get to play.

RustShack
10-29-2008, 03:39 PM
He isn't playing for the Chiefs anytime soon until he gets his personal life together, per Carl Peterson. I don't think the NFL has made an official decision yet though.

2bikemike
10-29-2008, 03:44 PM
I kinda hope that a formal suspension is leveled, not necessarily so he'll be out of games, but so it'll cost him his pay. Or maybe they can fine him the previous two weeks pay for the games that we've already made him sit out. I think unless this costs Larry some cash he won't learn a thing regardless of how long he doesn't get to play.

I would bet LJ ends up in AA over all this. I believe the league has ordered that before. I think the precedent is there for a 4 game suspension as well but that seems light when you think of how tough Goodell has been. It wouldn't surpise me if Goodell sit him the rest of the year and created milestones for LJ to meet before being reinstated.

KCUnited
10-29-2008, 03:46 PM
I heard Carl on the radio this morning saying the Commish hasn't made a decision, but will contact the Chiefs when he does. He didn't give a time table.

I don't think the Goodell will suspend him for the year because he's just been charged at this point.

booger
10-29-2008, 04:07 PM
from PFT

L.J. REMAINS IN THE DOGHOUSE
Posted by Mike Florio on October 29, 2008, 5:06 p.m.
A day after meeting the NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell regarding a possible suspension without pay, Chiefs running back Larry Johnson continues to be in the proverbial doghouse in Kansas City. But with pay.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Johnson practiced with the scout team on Wednesday. Also, G.M. Carl Peterson issued a statement indicating that Johnson won’t be playing at any point in the near future.

“The case with Larry Johnson has been and continues to be in the hands of the NFL office in New York,” Pererson said. “We will defer further comment on the matter until that process has run its due course and the league has concluded its own independent investigation.

“As we have previously indicated, it is in the best interest of both Larry and the Chiefs that Larry focuses his attention on addressing his personal issues. At present, we do not believe Larry can contribute to our team on the field until those issues are resolved.”

In essence, the Chiefs have placed Johnson on the precise kind of paid suspension that the 2006 revisions to the CBA were supposed to prevent. But unless Johnson files a grievance regarding the move, there will be no framework within which the tactic can be challenged.

Schefter also reports that Johnson has parted ways with agent Alvin Keels, who negotiated Johnson’s blockbuster contract in 2007. Keels will continue to be entitled to fees unless and until Johnson signs a new deal.

And that could happen sooner rather than later. If the Chiefs can’t trade him in the offseason, they might simply cut Johnson.

Deberg_1990
10-29-2008, 04:10 PM
According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, Johnson practiced with the scout team on Wednesday.

hahah..the ultimate insult.

Not that LJ minds much......Hes still getting his $$$$$$$

talastan
10-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Hes still getting his $$$$$$$

Which is why if they don't suspend him they should at least fine him for the pay he got while he sat out. If not you'll see tons of complaints from players around the league IMO.

chasedude
10-29-2008, 05:07 PM
hit the thug in the money roll, that may straighten him up

blackhawk
10-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Larry Johnson, RB — Kansas City Chiefs Oct. 29, 5:10 p.m.
The Chiefs released a statement on Larry Johnson Wednesday, indicating their $45 million running back will be inactive in Week 9 whether or not he's formally suspended by the league.

blackhawk
10-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Adam Schefter
Chiefs’ Johnson, agent part ways
Posted: October 29th, 2008 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Kansas City Chiefs, Larry Johnson

Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is going through a period of transition on and off the field.

On the field, he is being held back from playing. Off the field, Johnson and his agent, Alvin Keels, have divorced.

A listing of player agents at the NFL Players Association website no longer lists Keels as Johnson’s agent. An NFLPA spokesperson confirmed that a change has been made, and had been as of Monday.

At a time when Johnson needs as much support as possible, he has parted ways with his agent. Before Johnson can file for a new agent, he must wait five days under the NFLPA’s mandatory cooling off period. But for now, Johnson has no agent and no chance of playing Sunday against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Adam Schefter
Will Chiefs’ Johnson play again this season?
Posted: October 29th, 2008 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Kansas City Chiefs, Larry Johnson

When the Chiefs returned to work Wednesday, running back Larry Johnson practiced with Kansas City’s scout team. It was the latest signal that Kansas City has no plans of putting him back on the football field anytime soon.

Earlier in the week, Chiefs president Carl Peterson released a statement that revealed that Kansas City has no plans to play Johnson Sunday or probably anytime soon.

“The case with Larry Johnson has been and continues to be in the hands of the NFL office in New York. We will defer further comment on the matter until that process has run its due course and the league has concluded its own independent investigation.

“As we have previously indicated, it is in the best interest of both Larry and the Chiefs that Larry focuses his attention on addressing his personal issues. At present, we do not believe Larry can contribute to our team on the field until those issues are resolved.”

Johnson still might play again this season. But it will not be before he can get his mind and focus squarely on football. Right now, the Chiefs feel like that is to difficult to do.

Old Dog
10-29-2008, 06:16 PM
I haven't seen it ANYWHERE on ESPN, this is what I got from PFT, so take it for what it's worth:

ESPN's John Clayton has said that he expects Larry to get a three-game suspension. Stay tuned.

Bwana
10-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Kick Thug boys ass Roger.

KCChiefsMan
10-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Roger Goodell put LJ on double secret probation

SAUTO
10-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Roger Goodell put LJ on double secret probation
AGAIN this year?

Hammock Parties
10-29-2008, 06:33 PM
I heard LJ choked that sumbitch until he altered future schedules so Larry leads the NFL in rushing every year.

FAX
10-29-2008, 06:36 PM
I heard LJ choked that sumbitch until he altered future schedules so Larry leads the NFL in rushing every year.

ROFL

FAX

KCKY-Fan4life
10-29-2008, 10:47 PM
If we cut him we are the dumbest franchise out. You know someone else will jump right at him and we would get nothing in return. I say we trade him for another teams good backup. Maybe Leinart???? A good RB is all Arizona's O needs. Lets DO IT. MATTY LEINART 2009 KC QB!!!!

cdcox
10-29-2008, 10:49 PM
According to Herm, and I quote, "No."

TRR
10-29-2008, 10:58 PM
If we cut him we are the dumbest franchise out. You know someone else will jump right at him and we would get nothing in return. I say we trade him for another teams good backup. Maybe Leinart???? A good RB is all Arizona's O needs. Lets DO IT. MATTY LEINART 2009 KC QB!!!!

If he doesn't come back with a different attitude, and no trade is imminent, I would cut his ass in a heartbeat. He is becoming the second coming of Pacman Jones. His negative attitude on the field has always been a deterent in my opinion. Now his off the field troubles are becoming very problematic.

If LJ doesn't become more of a team player, and a better citizen (which is hard to picture), I would not blink an eye if they outright cut him.

Hammock Parties
10-29-2008, 11:01 PM
He is becoming the second coming of Pacman Jones.

It hasn't reached that stage at this point. Larry's public apology was heartfelt.

KCKY-Fan4life
10-29-2008, 11:05 PM
He is NO Pacman, they are and always will be on totally different levels.

TRR
10-29-2008, 11:10 PM
It hasn't reached that stage at this point. Larry's public apology was heartfelt.

He has had altercations with 3 women in 4 years...

He isn't on Jones' level, but he is definitely headed in that direction. Hell at least some of Jones' teammates liked him. I'm not sure LJ has a friend on the team...

TRR
10-29-2008, 11:18 PM
He is NO Pacman, they are and always will be on totally different levels.

He is well on his way...

In 2008 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008), Larry Johnson was charged with assault for pushing a woman's head at a nightclub on February 24 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_24), his third such charge since joining Kansas City in 2003.<SUP> </SUP>Johnson is scheduled to appear in court on December 3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_3), 2008 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008), and faces a maximum sentence of six months in jail and a $500 fine.<SUP> </SUP>

It was announced on Oct. 16, 2008, that Johnson would be deactivated for the Oct. 19 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oct._19) game against the Tennessee Titan in response to violating an undisclosed team rule.<SUP> </SUP> Subsequently it was learned that Johnson has been charged with one count of non-aggravated assault for allegedly spitting a drink in a woman's face at a Kansas City nightclub on Oct. 10.<SUP> </SUP>The team said his suspension for the Oct. 19 game was unrelated to the newest criminal investigation.

Johnson's prior legal troubles include a 2003 charge for felony aggravated assault and misdemeanor domestic battery for waving a gun during an argument at his home with an ex-girlfriend. The charges were dropped when Johnson agreed to participate in a domestic violence diversion program.

He was also charged in 2005 when a woman accused Johnson of pushing her to the ground, but the case was dropped.

Hammock Parties
10-29-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm not sure LJ has a friend on the team...

Larry and Bowe are great friends.

TRR
10-29-2008, 11:35 PM
Larry and Bowe are great friends.

That's not a good thing for Dwayne Bowe...

smittysbar
10-30-2008, 12:51 AM
He is well on his way...

In 2008 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008), Larry Johnson was charged with assault for pushing a woman's head at a nightclub on February 24 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/February_24), his third such charge since joining Kansas City in 2003.<sup> </sup>Johnson is scheduled to appear in court on December 3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_3), 2008 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008), and faces a maximum sentence of six months in jail and a $500 fine.<sup> </sup>

It was announced on Oct. 16, 2008, that Johnson would be deactivated for the Oct. 19 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oct._19) game against the Tennessee Titan in response to violating an undisclosed team rule.<sup> </sup> Subsequently it was learned that Johnson has been charged with one count of non-aggravated assault for allegedly spitting a drink in a woman's face at a Kansas City nightclub on Oct. 10.<sup> </sup>The team said his suspension for the Oct. 19 game was unrelated to the newest criminal investigation.

Johnson's prior legal troubles include a 2003 charge for felony aggravated assault and misdemeanor domestic battery for waving a gun during an argument at his home with an ex-girlfriend. The charges were dropped when Johnson agreed to participate in a domestic violence diversion program.

He was also charged in 2005 when a woman accused Johnson of pushing her to the ground, but the case was dropped.

Come on, Larry has fucked up. Pacman...........come on use your fucking head, a bit more serious don't ya think. Could you imagine if half the shit you did at bars was scrutinized? Yes he fucked up, yes he needs taught a lesson, but lets not throw him in with people that did things to people that are so physically hurt that there life has changed forever.

Get out more, some of this shit can happen to any one of us.........trust me.

stumppy
10-30-2008, 04:22 AM
He has had altercations with 3 women in 4 years...

He isn't on Jones' level, but he is definitely headed in that direction. Hell at least some of Jones' teammates liked him. I'm not sure LJ has a friend on the team...

Those bidges had it coming to them. They're lucky LJ didn't just shank them and be done with it.

FAX
10-30-2008, 06:49 AM
I'd almost prefer to be shanked than spit upon. If the perp was a rich guy and I was taking it to court, anyhow.

FAX

Bwana
10-30-2008, 07:32 AM

Riiiiiiiiiight. I have one hell of a deal on a bridge I want to sell you. If you buy it in the next 24 hours, I'll throw in a river. But hurry, this deal won't last long!

Cash only.......

KCKY-Fan4life
10-31-2008, 09:12 AM
ANy new developments? When is the Commish going to announce his ruling???

boogblaster
10-31-2008, 09:20 AM
LJ has been a very bad boy ... He needs to grow-up become a proffesional and help this team over the hump ... Or leave ...

raybec 4
10-31-2008, 09:45 AM
LJ has been a very bad boy ... He needs to grow-up become a proffesional and help this team over the hump ... Or leave ...

I vote for option B

blackhawk
10-31-2008, 10:34 AM
Chiefs' Johnson done for year? It My T&R Don't expect to see Larry Johnson carrying the ball anytime soon for the Kansas City Chiefs. The franchise tailback could be put on ice after meeting today with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell following the running back's fourth unsavory episode in five years, in which he has been alleged to have assaulted a woman. Johnson, who rushed for more than 1,750 yards in 2005 and '06, might not play the rest of the season for the Chiefs and has been told that, regardless of today's meeting with Goodell, he could be deactivated for the remainder of the season. As talented as he is on the field, his 1-6 Chiefs are likely to rid themselves of Johnson after the season.

RustShack
10-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Maybe we rid ourselves of Carl and Herm and our next coaches will know how to and can use LJ still?

HypnotizedMonkey
10-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Could there be a clause in LJ's contract regarding this sort of thing?

The Chiefs need to recoup some of that incredibly unwarranted cash.

Mizzou_8541
10-31-2008, 11:33 AM
hit the thug in the money roll, that may straighten him up

Dude, your avatar is creepy as hell. Appropriate, I guess, considering the day.

Micjones
10-31-2008, 11:40 AM
No one knows whether or not Johnson's apology was heartfelt or not.
Give the man the benefit of the doubt.

The Chiefs would be foolish to just cut him outright.
Regardless of how troubled he's been.
That's not a good football move.

Another team will sign him immediately, he will produce for that franchise, and we will be the laughingstock of the league...AGAIN.

Chiefnj2
10-31-2008, 12:28 PM
Just play him until the commissioner makes up his mind.

Having no running game doesn't benefit the development of team.